Two Hearts - Cover

Two Hearts

Copyright© 2009 by J. Smith

Chapter 10: Evil Begins It's Dance

At a small village

The sun was just begining to sink below the ridge of the hills to the west, dusk cast it's lengthening shadows across the world, the rays of light stretching and weakening as night tightened it's grip upon the sky. In the failing light, in a small village nestled in a quiet forest, a demon stirred. In a dark home at the edge of the village, he waited, surrounded by the corpses of the family who dwelled there.

She had said she'd wanted to make a deal, to wait for her here, but he hated waiting. He should simply kill her. As he nodded slightly to himself he caught a scent, it was faint, similar to that of a very old corpse. Bones and graveyard soil. She was here. The demon opened his crimson eyes slowly, he lifted his pale hand to brush the long black hair from his face, a dangerous yet seductive smile appeared as his gaze fell upon the woman in the doorway. Her long hair, black as ebony, chocolate eyes, and beautifully slender body. She hadn't changed, of course, and she never would.

"Well Kikyo," he said, "you called me here, what deal could you possible want to make with me?"

Kikyo fixed him with a gaze that clearly spoke her disgust.

"Don't act as if you aren't interested," she said, "We both know that isn't true ... Naraku."

Naraku's smile faded.

"Very well," he snapped, "What is this deal you want to make then?"

Kikiyo smiled, a hard and cruel look flashing in her eyes.

"I want you to do something for me, Naraku," She said, "And in exchange, I'll give you my little re-incarnation ... gift wrapped."

"And what is it that you want me to do?" Naraku asked, his eyes already glazed with anticipation.

Kikyo stepped forward, her bare feet gingerly avoiding the corpses laying on the floor, until she was standing directly in front of him.

"I want you to capture Inu Yasha." She said simply.

Naraku's eyes narrowed.

"Is that all?" He asked.

Kikyo smiled again. She lifted her hand and held it out to Naraku. In her palm was a small vial filled with an irridecent yellow liquid.

"I want you to make him drink this." She said, "As soon as he does he will fall asleep, when that happens, deliver him to me. Do this, and I will give you Kagome."

"And how do I know that you will fulfill your end of our deal?" Naraku said.

"Don't worry," Kikyo replied, "I have already set that part of the deal in motion."

Naraku looked Kikyo up and down as he thought over her deal. He had been coveting the young miko, Kagome, for some time. Capturing the half breed and forcing him to drink the yellow liquid would not be a problem, the hanyou had proved numerous times that he would fall into the simplest of traps, but Naraku didn't see why he shouldn't get more for his troubles.

"Very well, Kikyo," Naraku said, "I'll help you, but you must do something else for me."

Kikyo's eyes narrowed. She didn't like the implication in Naraku's voice. Frustration welled in the dead Miko, she needed Naraku to help her capture Inu Yasha, there was no way she could convince him, by herself, to drink the strange yellow liquid in the vial.

"What is this other thing you want me to do?" Kikyo asked without emotion.

The smile that crossed Naraku's face was almost sickeningly sweet. Kikyo knew that whatever Naraku had in mind, it was probably something she wouldn't like very much.

"Well?" Kikyo snapped, irritated, "What is it you want?"

"I want your body, Kikyo," Naraku said, "I want you to please me."


At Elisana's Cave

Miroku sat before the barrier in the cave mouth. Little beads of sweat rolled lightly down his face. Chanting softly to himself, Miroku focused his mind on the talismens he had placed around the entrance to the cave, forcing his own Chi into the barrier, hoping it would be enough to make the spell break. Sango stood behind Miroku's right shoulder, waiting paitently and cradling a sleepy Shippo in her arms, she prayed the Hoshi had enough strength to release the barrier.

"How long is this going to take?" Inu Yasha growled from his position on Miroku's left.

The Hanyou's paitence was beginning to run out. They had been here for almost an hour and they were no closer to getting into the cave. Between the nausiating pain in his injured shoulder and his worry for Kagome's safety, Inu Yasha could feel fatigue starting to set in. Thoughts of what troubles had befallen the young Miko plagued his mind. The longer Kagome remained gone from his presence, the more Inu Yasha felt the need to move, to find her.

Miroku cast an understanding smile over his shoulder at the distressed Hanyou. He could understand how Inu Yasha felt. Miroku knew Kagome had a calming effect on all of them. Since the first time they had met Kagome, she had touched their hearts, becoming more than just a precious friend. Miroku valued Kagome's presence in his life almost as much as Inu Yasha and he knew Sango felt the same way. Miroku turned his attention back to the barrier. He would do anything to help Kagome, he owed her a great deal after all, and putting Inu Yasha's mind at ease was one of the things he could do.

Miroku focused all of his attention on the barrier blocking the cave entrance. Utalizing the talismens he had placed, Miroku pushed his will onto the barrier, telling it to bend and crack. He could feel and see the shape of the barrier in his mind. As he focused he could feel the shape of the barrier begining to warp and bend, a shifting and twisting of the energy that formed the wall, causing small cracks to start at the edges of the barrier near where his talismens were placed.

"Inu Yasha," Miroku said between clenched teeth, "Use the Tetsusaiga."

Inu Yasha stood and pulled the ancient fang from it's sheth.

"I thought you said I shouldn't use it." Inu Yasha said.

"Use the red blade, but don't use Kaze no Kizu." Miroku said.

Inu Yasha nodded. He focused on the barrier breaking Tetsusaiga. The giant blade began to glow red. Inu Yasha lept and swund the Tetsusaiga down on the barrier. As the enormous blade connected with the barrier it stopped, flashes of energy tore across the barrier, smashing into the rock walls, causing a tremor to run through the cliff face. As they watched, the now visible barrier, it began to buckle under the red blade of Tetsusaiga. With a final burst of electric energy the barrier shattered inward, like a thousand glimmering blue fragments, no longer baring their way into the cave.

Miroku let out a breath. It had been tiring trying to weaken the barrier. Whoever had created it must be very powerful, it would have been impossible for Miroku to break the barrier alone, only combining his spiritual energy with the power of the red Tetsusaiga had been enough.

"You did it, Hoshi-sama! Inu Yasha!" Sango exclaimed.

"Yes," Miroku said with a tired smile, "Now let's see if we can find out what happened to Kagome-sama."


Lord Sesshoumaru's Estate

Sesshoumaru, Demon Lord of the Western Lands, stood up from his position behind the old desk in his library. His long silver hair caught the light of the dying sun, shining through the window behind him, and his golden eyes glowed as he fixed Elisana with his unwavering gaze.

"So the mighty dragoness has come to beg my aid, hmm?" Sesshoumaru said.

Before Elisana could answer the Demon Lord, the young human girl, Rin, ran forward. She went strait to Sesshoumaru's side, grabbing a hold of his right hand, and began pulling him towards the small group gathered by the door.

"Sesshoumaru-sama! It's Kagome Onee-chan! She's hurt, please help her!" Rin begged, still pulling Sesshoumaru forword.

"Rin," Sesshoumaru said calmly, "Don't pull."

The little girl pouted before releasing Sesshoumaru's hand and ran back to Kagome. The little Miko still hadn't woken up yet, and her breathing was beginning to get ragged, worrying Elisana all the more.

"Lord Sesshoumaru," Elisana said calmly, inclining her head with respect, "I have come to ask your aid in helping this human girl."

Sesshoumaru walked over to Kagome, still craddled in Saria's arms, and fixed her with his intense gaze. He looked the Miko over. He could sense the emence dark energy that was being emmited from a glistening arrowhead embedded within the girls chest. Sesshoumaru frowned. He could also feel a lighter, kinder, energy fighting against the dark, trying to keep from being swallowed. Sesshoumaru's nose suddenly curled, he recognized this girl, and Inu Yasha's sent was all over her.

"This girl," Sesshoumaru said calmly, as he turned to face Elisana, "She is the Miko that accompanies my filthy half-breed brother."

"Yes." Elisana said, though Sesshoumaru had not asked a question, "But she is also my charge."

"If that is the case," Sesshoumaru said, "Was she injured while under your protection?"

Elisana lowered her eyes, "Yes..." she said softly.

"And why should I fix your mistake?" Sesshoumaru asked, without emotion.

"You have no obligation to help me," Elisana said, "I had hoped you would remember that I helped you once, Lord Sesshoumaru."

Sesshoumaru turned away from the dragoness. There was no reason that he, Lord Sesshoumaru, should help the human female that belonged to his disgraceful half-breed brother. As he was about to tell Elisana to leave, Sesshoumaru felt a tug on his right sleeve, he looked down into a pair of large brown tear-filled eyes. Rin's lower lip began to quiver.

"Please, Sesshoumaru-sama," She said with a sniffle, "Help Kagome Onee-chan, please?"

Without turning back to Elisana, Sesshoumaru said, "I can do nothing for her myself, but I do know someone who can."

"I am most greatful, Sesshoumaru-sama." Elisana said, bowing her head.

"Jaken," Sesshoumaru said, "Put her in-"

"The Rose Room!" Rin interupted.

Jaken turned to his lord, "Sesshoumaru-sama?"

Sesshoumaru simply nodded his head before returning to his spot behind the old desk.

"Yay!" Rin exclaimed, "I'll show you where it is, follow me!"

The little girl darted out the door and the rest filed out behind her. Elisana was the last to leave, she stopped, looking back at the Demon Lord. She did not know what had happened to make him change so much, but whatever had changed him, she was greatful for it. She bowed her head to him once more before quietly closing the door.

As the door clicked closed, Sesshoumaru leaned back in his chair, putting his hand over his eyes.

'What am I doing?' He thought to himself.


Back at the small village

Kikyo stared at the vile demon in front of her. The smile on Naraku's face was nausiating. Did she actually hear him right? He wanted her body, he wanted her to please him? The dead Miko could almost feel her stomach turning.

"You must be joking." She said.

Naraku's disgusting smile got wider, "No, Kikyo," He said, "I'm not joking at all."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.