Two Hearts
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2009 by J. Smith

"For love or hate"

Inu Yasha stirred, slowly his golden eyes opened only to shut again in pain. A searing pain ran through his right shoulder, and he found he was having difficulty moving his right arm. Again, he opened his eyes and turned his head to the side, looking at his right shoulder. He had a deep bloody puncture wound; the bone in his shoulder was broken. Carefully he sat up, holding his arm and shoulder still. Looking around, he spotted Sango and the others close by. All seemed to be unconscious. Weakly rising to his feet, Inu Yasha walked over to his friends. He knelt down next to Miroku and shook him.

"Hey, Miroku. Wake up."

Miroku groaned and mumbled some profanity, before slowly rising into a sitting position. His purple eyes fell on Inu Yasha.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Feh, hell if I know. Wake up Sango and the others; I'm going to try to find out where we are."

Miroku watched Inu Yasha stand, and noticed he was holding his right shoulder.

"Are you alright Inu Yasha?"

"Feh." Was all Inu Yasha said before walking off.

Miroku shrugged to himself. It was probably better to leave Inu Yasha alone for a while. Miroku woke Sango, Shippo and Kirara. Sango looked at Miroku.

"Where are we, Hoshi-sama?" she asked.

"I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like were near that gorge anymore."

"You're right." Came Inu Yasha's voice.

Inu Yasha walked back to the others. He was obviously confused by something.

"We aren't near that gorge," He said, "But I don't know where we are."

"And we didn't even find Kagome-chan." Sango said, hanging her head.

Inu Yasha looked at her for a moment before turning his face to the sky. His thoughts drifted back to what had happened in the gorge. He had seen something through the haze of fog, but it had been to fast for him to get a good look at it. He knew it had to be some kind of youkai. A bird maybe.

'Was it trying to keep us from Kagome?' He thought.

Inu Yasha would have pondered it some more, but the sent of a youkai came to his nose. He growled.

'Great, just what I need.' He thought before drawing Tetsuaiga with his good arm.

--In the cave--

Kagome had just finished eating her lunch, and now Elisana was showing her some charcoal portraits that hung in one of the smaller cavers, that were connected to the seemingly endless maze of caves and tunnels.

"This is my cousin, Koni." Elisana said, pointing to a portrait of a male youkai.

His hair was long, reaching to the middle of his back, and was tied back in a ponytail at the base of his skull. He had a small diamond shape on his forehead and a strip along each cheek. On his back were two dragon wings. His eyes were closed, as if he were deep in thought.

"And who is this one?" Kagome asked pointing to one of the portraits.

It was a female. The top layer of her hair was cut short, only jaw length, but in the back, underneath, there were two long braids that reached to her knees. She had the same symbol on her forehead that Elisana had. A circle with a teardrop connected to the bottom, a strip down each cheek, and two dragon wings. Her expression was hard, almost like she was ready to kill. Elisana looked up at the portrait. Her prismatic eyes gaining a far away look. A look full of sadness and regret.

"That. Is my little sister." She said.

"You little sister?"

"Yes, her name is Maya." Elisana looked away.

She did not want Kagome to see the tears that rose in her eyes.

"Why isn't she here with you? Did she die?" Kagome asked, and instantly wished she could take the words back.

"No, not really. But I suppose it depends on ones definition of death." Elisana said.

"What do you mean?" Kagome asked.

"About 300 years ago, my younger sister fell in love with a human. She was so happy, and she believed that it would always be that way. It might have been, but only a week after they were mates, tragedy struck them. I am not entirely sure how, but he was killed. My sister, being the dragon that she was, became furious. It is natural for youkai to become possessive of something that they love, but with dragons, that possessiveness can be dangerous. The things that dragons come to care about become our treasures. In addition, we do not like our treasures to be taken away. When something like that happens, we become angry, and we loose our sense of self. When this happens, we rampage, killing anything and everything that gets in our path. This is what happened to her. When her mate was killed, she rampaged. Killing hundreds of humans and youkai. My life long friend was the one who informed me of her rampage. My friend, Kala, and I went to try to stop her from killing any more people. When we reached the place she was, she had taken on her true form. She no longer held the form that her mate had thought was so beautiful; instead, she had turned into her full dragon form. Taking to the sky and breathing fire on what ever was in her path. Kala had tried to stop her first, transforming into her own dragon form. But my sister knew no pain. Kala was killed in that battle. I was forced to use my own powers to seal my sister within a prison of rock, below the surface of the earth. Therefore, in a sense my sister is dead. Trapped within a tomb of earth. However, she is also alive. She only sleeps. I hope she will not wake from that sleep. If she does, then her memories, which she has been guarded from all these years, will come back to her. Moreover, she will rampage again. If that happens, I may be forced to kill her." She finished.

Kagome watched Elisana. She had no idea that someone so nice had endured the pain of having to fight her own sister. Kagome was about to apologize to her for bringing it up, when Saria entered.

"What is it Saria?" Elisana asked the gigantic bird.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.