Two Hearts
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2009 by J. Smith

"Crystalline Tears."

Kagome ran blindly through the surrounding forest, oblivious to the beauty all around her. All she could think about was Inu Yasha and that Clay Miko.

'Why?' She thought hazily, 'Didn't I love him enough? Why did he have to go to Kikyo? Why her?'

Kagome ran until she reached the river. There, she collapsed onto her knees. Kagome lowered her head. Tears streamed down her cheeks like liquid crystal, only to splash forgotten onto the back of her hands. Kagome felt her chest tighten from the pain in her heart. It was all to unbelievable. Unable to control herself, Kagome curled up into a ball, with her forehead against the soft ground. She screamed, with every ounce of her strength, she screamed her pain.

--Else where--

Inu Yasha's eyes snapped open. He could swear he hear Kagome scream. But looking around he didn't see her. It was then he noticed his arm was around someone. He turned his head to the side. Kikyo sat beside him, her head on his shoulder. Inu Yasha looked closely at her face. Her eyes were closed as if she was sleeping, but she wore an almost cruel smile. It unnerved him. Inu Yasha would have mused more on it, but he caught a sent. Kagome's sent, mixed with blood? Inu Yasha was on his feet in an instant. It was Kagome's blood he smelled. He knew it, it was unmistakable. Kikyo raised her head and opened her chocolate eyes. She had to contain the laugh she felt. The look on Inu Yasha's face spoke volumes.

'He's worried about the girl.' Kikyo thought, 'Well, I will fix that.'

Kikyo swiftly stood up; she came to Inu Yasha, wrapping her arms around him from behind.

"What's wrong Inu Yasha?" She asked, her voice low and seductive.

Inu Yasha unwound her arms from his waist and turned around. His golden eyes filled with apology. "Kikyo, I have to go, I'm sorry." He said.

Kikyo looked at him, amusement dancing in her cold eyes. But she nodded and released him.

'It would be amusing to find out how the girl reacts to him.' Kikyo thought.

She watched Inu Yasha run full tilt into the forest. Slowly, Kikyo followed.

At the river--

Kagome screamed, she began banging her fists into the ground repeatedly. The small rocks of the riverbank slicing her hands. Her blood splattered onto the ground unnoticed. Kagome continued like that for a minute. She needed to find some way to get out her anger and frustration. Slowly she sat up. She stood and went to one of the trees by the bank. Sitting down with her back to the tree, she pulled her knees up to her chest, rested her arms across her knees, and lay her forehead on her arms.

'No more.' Kagome thought, 'Never again.'

That was the position that Inu Yasha found Kagome in. Sitting with her back against a tree. Her head down. Her ebony hair flowed over her shoulders. Her face hidden from his view. He could smell the salt of her tears. Slowly he approached her. As he did, the smell of her blood grew stronger, and he noticed the small cuts on her hands. He crouched down next to her. Gently laying his hand on her shoulder. Her body tensed, but beyond that, she made no indication that she knew he was there.

"Kagome?" He said softly. "What's wrong, what happened?"

"Leave me alone." Her voice was lower than a whisper, and Inu Yasha barely heard it.

"Kagome." Inu Yasha said.

"Please, just leave me alone."

Inu Yasha didn't know what to do. He knew something was wrong with Kagome, but he didn't know what. He needed to find out what had happened to her, if he was going to help.

"Kagome, what happened?" Inu Yasha asked again.

Kagome sighed, not lifting her head, she said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.