Destination Azahar - Cover

Destination Azahar

Copyright© 2009 by deGaffer

Chapter 38: After Action and Beyond

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 38: After Action and Beyond - How does a colony get ready to take on immigrants? Take a ride with a country boy and a businesswoman from Mississippi and find out how they managed to create a manufacturing sanctuary after being dropped on a backwater planet. Diverse groups converge and turn a barely habitable planet into a Mecca of culture and technology.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Space   Incest   Orgy   Harem   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

Commander Tuan Nguyen was livid for being classified as "nonessential personnel" and ordered to board Bon Secours. He tried to bully his way onto Sir Galahad to complain to Admiral Grayson in person, but the marines guarding the transporter had no sense of humor and no time for sad stories. Most importantly, they were bigger and better armed than Commander Nguyen.

Nguyen did manage to get in touch with Colonel Bryant when he returned to Veracruz as the final assault was being mounted on the last of the Sa'arm strongholds. Like Nguyen, Bryant had not been pleased when Admiral Grayson ordered him to evacuate before the last five occupied bunkers were assaulted. However, Grayson was not successful when he ordered Sergeant Budzinski off the planet.

Budzinski didn't come aboard Veracruz until after the last of the 29 marine and 87 militia bodies were recovered. Colonel Bryant called him on the carpet for not evacuating as ordered.

Budzinski attempted to explain, "I was cut off from the Panthers, sir."

"Miller got on a Panther," Bryant noted rather hotly.

"She's younger and more nimble, sir." Budzinski was clearly grasping.

"She was carrying Ensign Clark!" Bryant wasn't buying it.

"She's a lot younger and a lot more nimble, sir." Budzinski wasn't going to budge, "And quick, too. I dug in and kept the dickheads off her as she made her way to the Panther. I couldn't have done that as effectively had I tried to keep up with her. All three of us would've probably been killed, sir."

Bryant glared at Budzinski for a full minute before giving up. "Ah hell, I'm mostly pissed because I wasn't clever enough or devious enough to avoid being evacuated. Carry on, Sergeant!"

"Aye, sir!" Budzinski wasted no time exiting the small office.

Budzinski's next stop was to check on Clark. He had taken a Sa'arm energy blade in the back when he charged in and tackled a few too many Sa'arm units. The technique had worked several times, but when a Sa'arm gestalt finally learns a new trick it is immediately shared with all the other units. One of the Sa'arm had shifted its blade from the delicate center arm to one of its gripping arms giving it just enough reach to get around Clark's shield. It was a clumsy blow, but points aren't awarded for form and style in combat, just for results.

A medic had sealed the wound and re-inflated his partially collapsed lung before Sergeant Miller bodily carried him to a medevac Panther. She had to sit on him to keep him there, though. She wasn't pleased that Clark caused enough trouble to make it impossible for her to bail from the Panther and remain with Budzinski.

With the wounded clear, Budzinski and the rest of the platoon shifted their focus from suppressive covering fire to precision strikes at Sa'arm weaknesses. It's difficult to flank an opponent that has 360-degree vision from thousands of vantage points, but it can be done.

The remnants of the Sa'arm presence were erased, buried, or launched toward the sun. The plan was to leave no evidence for Sa'arm scouts to examine. Admiral Grayson wanted the disappearance of the colony to be a total mystery to the original gestalt. The hidden human facilities would be garrisoned by marines who would monitor the Sa'arm forces that arrived in the wake of the original hive ship.

The reaction of the parent gestalt when it discovered that their colony had been totally destroyed would help plan future assaults on Sa'arm colony worlds. The strategy was to slow down or redirect the Sa'arm advance and buy a little more time for the humans to evacuate more people from Earth or gather enough strength to defend it.

Admiral Grayson dispatched ships to establish forward observation posts nearer the Sa'arm colony's planet of origin. These posts would use probes to monitor scout traffic and record changes in the activity of the gestalt when scouts were allowed to return from the destroyed colony.


Upon their return to Azahar, Tuan and Lesa were set upon by their families. Kim and Sara cut classes for two days to help with the preparations and to attend the celebration that turned into a holiday for the whole planetary system.

"This is no reason to neglect you studies," Tuan had argued, but the wind was taken out of his sails when Governor Grayson sent everyone who could be spared home to be with their families. Most of the personnel who remained on duty were the people planning the festivities.

There was a bit of a damper on the festive mood when the bodies of the 128 of the 133 marine, militia, and fleet warriors who had fallen were offloaded from the assault ships for burial on Azahar. Five of the Hornet pilots were not found and presumed dead. Most had arranged the disposition of their property. Colonel Bryant was asked to explain why there were casualties in his command who hadn't recorded a will or otherwise arranged for the disposition of their concubines.

"I can't order them to make out a will," Bryant countered. "And I'm reluctant to bring attention to the implications of being a casualty. The troops need a positive attitude when going into combat."

"Have you any idea how traumatic it is for these 83 concubines and 197 children to lose their home as well as their sponsor?" Grayson asked rhetorically in a sharp tone. "Fortunately there is a shortage of concubines available to the high percentage of our youngsters who are doing extremely well on their CAP test.

"I have arranged for most of the families to remain in their original quarters for a few more days while Decurion Cohen sorts them out.

"The Decurion can use some help. How about assigning some of your soldiers to give him a hand," Grayson suggested. "Maybe they'll pass the word along to the ones who feel invincible."

Bryant wasn't keen on the idea, but agreed, "I'll direct my platoon leaders to council their troops and assign volunteers to help Cohen."


Tuan had been changed by his experience on Darkford. While he was far removed from the fighting and had only seen the casualties and the destruction firsthand after the Sa'arm had been subdued, he was in the CIC where he could see and hear most of the live action.

His family sensed the change, but it was Kim who first spoke of it. "Do you want to talk about it, Pop?"

Tuan's forehead wrinkled as he responded, "Talk about what?"

"Whatever it is that has taken the spring out of your step and the depth out of your smile."

After a protracted silence Tuan softly spoke, "I have nightmares. And they're all heading to Earth."

Kim embraced and comforted her father as he cried. When he recovered, she stood and pulled him to his feet before taking him home to the family he had chosen.


Tuan gathered his family in the kitchen after the little ones had been put to bed. "I'm not sure how to say this, so hear me out before responding. I've been working on a plan with Lesa Crews to return to Earth well ahead of the Sa'arm and establish underground and underwater outposts very much like the ones we just installed and successfully used on Darkford.

"The longer the replicators have to build habitats and weapons, the stronger the militia and marine units will be when it comes time to engage the Sa'arm on the ground. We're talking about heading back very soon.

"The thing is, we don't know how long we'll be there and it doesn't make sense to take you guys with us."

Nancy, Celeste, Margret, and even Beatrice strongly objected to being left behind when Tuan left for Earth. They all spoke at the same time and things were about to get out of hand when Beatrice shouted for everyone to be quiet.

The complaint she lodged elicited enthusiastic nods from the others. "It's bad enough to be left here for months at a time while you're off creating new colonies or kicking the Sa'arm off a planet. But it's just not right for you to be gone indefinitely."

"Returning to Earth defeats the whole purpose of being extracted as a concubine," Tuan argued.

Nancy had achieved a 6.5 average score on the test Tuan insisted she take on her birthday and could have assumed the role of sponsor, but she was determined to remain with Tuan. "You can't break up the family!" She objected to Tuan's suggestion that his concubines and dependents remain on Azahar. "We've got kids. You've got kids. We may survive without you around, but I want my kids to be raised by their father and me."

Nancy's argument seemed to prevail for not only the Tuan household, but for the Caulfield-Crews household as well. Tuan had been instrumental in resolving Lesa's relationship issues with Jake and didn't want to see them separated by so much time and distance. It made sense on some level for the families to remain together since this wasn't a temporary duty assignment. It was more of a permanent change of station.

Part of the issue was resolved when Lesa was not given permission to leave Azahar for Earth. She was to remain on Azahar to continue training with the Home Guard Militia. More live-fire exercises were being added to the training curriculum and Lesa was considered a key training instructor.

Tuan continued to lobby for an expeditionary force to return to Earth where they would begin developing underwater bases to harass the Sa'arm when they made landfall on Earth. He had no trouble enlisting volunteers for the mission and managed to get enough approvals to appropriate the equipment and transportation needed to setup a base in the Atlantic Ocean.

Even though Lesa wasn't going to be part of the expedition, she provided Tuan with the documents needed to develop her holdings in the mining venture started by her late husband and his partners. Clark's concubine, Rebecca, was one of the surviving widows of the partnership. He signed over her interests without hesitation when Rebecca gave an emotional response to Tuan's query. "I really want these memories buried in my past. It's just a bonus if anything I have on Earth helps to delay the deaths of billions when the Sa'arm ships arrive. Take it all!"

The third interested party was Karen Philips. She still resided in Atlanta, but neither Rebecca nor Lesa expected her to object to the development of the mining rights. The two women were certain that Karen's cooperation could be guaranteed by netting her in a pickup.

Contacting her would be tricky and could not be done directly by Tuan or anyone in his advance party. Panic stricken mobs and terrorists could be more of a hazard to the operation than the Sa'arm. All communication would have to be done through the Civil Service agents on Earth.

The fact that the Confederacy was the custodian of two-thirds of the partnership by virtue of having power of attorney for both Lesa and Rebecca's interests in the venture put the ball firmly in the Civil Service's court. If royalty checks didn't satisfy Mrs. Philips, then arranging her extraction might provide enough incentive for her to give the Confederacy full executive power over the assets of the partnership.


Centurion Chalmers had been getting some rather unusual requests from Azahar, but a request for the release of mining rights in the middle of the Atlantic seemed strange, even by Azahar's standards.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.