Destination Azahar - Cover

Destination Azahar

Copyright© 2009 by deGaffer

Chapter 20: The Marines Have Landed

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 20: The Marines Have Landed - How does a colony get ready to take on immigrants? Take a ride with a country boy and a businesswoman from Mississippi and find out how they managed to create a manufacturing sanctuary after being dropped on a backwater planet. Diverse groups converge and turn a barely habitable planet into a Mecca of culture and technology.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Space   Incest   Orgy   Harem   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

Colonel Andrew Bryant, Commander of 504th Battalion, had elected to travel with the first wave of his troops being transferred from Demeter. As soon as transportation between Asimov and the surface was available, Colonel Bryant sent for Sergeant Budzinski to accompany him to the planet. He then asked the AI to locate Lieutenant Clark without alerting him to his own presence and was given directions to the dojo where Clark was training with Lieutenant Wallace and Corporal Miller.

When Budzinski reported to the Colonel, Bryant returned the salute and simply said, "You're with me, Sergeant."

Everyone came to attention when Bryant entered the makeshift dojo. Bryant was confused momentarily by the presence of three shirtless marines. Both men were far shorter than the two meter standard for Confederacy Marines, and the large woman was striking. "As you were," Bryant directed when he tore his eyes from Miller and started breathing again. He was not affronted that none of the bare-headed marines had saluted him. Marines don't traditionally salute unless covered, but there was a protracted silence after Bryant's order to stand at ease.

Budzinski detected the colonel's confusion and realized neither man was wearing a nametag. "Colonel, if I may, this is Lieutenant Mark Wallace who is currently assigned to Sir Galahad, Lieutenant Marvin Clark and Corporal Cynthia Miller of First Battalion." Budzinski addressed Wallace and Clark, "Gentlemen, this is Colonel Andrew Bryant, commander of First Battalion." Budzinski grimaced when he realized he had incorrectly addressed Clark as lieutenant instead of ensign.

"Please excuse the interruption," Bryant said to Wallace before turning his attention to Clark. "I understand that you have been on Azahar long enough to develop contacts with the people in charge of creating the accommodations here, Lieutenant."

Clark nodded as he addressed Bryant. "How may I be of service, Colonel?"

Bryant briskly told Clark, "There are 95 Delta Company pods orbiting this rock. You are to coordinate with the local authorities and organize their delivery to the planet. The three of you are not to alert anyone that I am on Azahar. Am I clear?"

Clark's nod was barely perceptible, but his voice was strong, "Very clear, sir. Allow me to clean up and I'll get in touch with Ensign McKinsey or Ensign Nguyen to arrange where and when the pods can be delivered. Do you have a preference, sir?"

"I'll leave their disposition to you and the colony planners. That is all," Bryant nodded as he dismissed Clark. He turned toward the door and told Budzinski, "You're still with me, Sergeant."

Clark knew he would be taking a big chance, but he turned to Corporal Miller, "Clean up and join me in my quarters, Corporal."

"Yes, sir," Miller said professionally and without so much as a smirk, which surprised Clark, as she headed for the doorway still bare from the waist up, which didn't surprise him at all. Clark and Wallace exchanged a look of relieved tension and followed Miller out of the dojo.

Clark kicked off his shoes and dropped his shorts and shirt as he crossed the foyer of his pod heading toward the master suite. When Julie Ann stuck her head out of the game room he summoned her with a wave of his hand. "Lay out a casual uniform for me while I grab a fast shower. I've got to go to work this afternoon."

Julie Ann nodded her understanding and picked up his discarded clothing before following him into the master suite.

"AI, please connect me with Ensign McKinsey," Clark requested.

"McKinsey here. What can I do for you, Mr. Clark?" A pleasant voice was generated in Clark's head by his implant.

Clark asked, "Do you or Ensign Nguyen have a minute to speak with me about the unloading of Asimov?"

"Tuan and I were just discussing that," McKinsey replied, "Would you care to join us in the colony CIC? Do you know where it is?"

"Yes, it's through the transporter room. Can I have fifteen minutes to make myself presentable and collect Corporal Miller?" Clark responded.

"Yes, of course. We'll be expecting you in fifteen minutes." McKinsey agreed before breaking the connection.

Miller approached Clark's quarters as Julie Ann was helping him into his service khaki shirt. He told the AI to admit her and asked Julie Ann to meet her in the foyer and ask for thirty seconds.

Clark had wet hair under his cap when he stepped into the foyer and returned Miller's salute before asking her, "How did you get ready so fast?"

She smiled, "Lot's of practice with a DI yelling in my face. What's the plan, sir?"

"We have an appointment in the CIC to orchestrate the unloading and disposition of 95 pods, Corporal. You're along to keep me out of trouble," Clark said as he indicated with his arm that she was to precede him out the door. He gave Julie Ann a quick kiss, "Thanks for your help."

"What's a DI?" she asked before turning loose of his neck.

"A drill instructor," Miller answered for him while laughing, "One of the loudest, meanest creatures in the known universe."

Clark and Miller knew that things were hectic because neither Nguyen nor McKinsey greeted them before directing everyone's attention to a holographic display. Nguyen showed Clark and Miller the plan to have clusters of pods connected to the colony center by long tunnels allowing families to be grouped by common interests. He acknowledged, "I understand marine families don't have much in common with the families of botanists, but concubines and kids should be allowed some mix-and-match socializing."

Clark held his breath in shock when Miller bluntly commented, "The billeting of navy and marine families next door to each other not only demonstrates insensitivity and poor taste, but also suggests either gross ignorance or downright stupidity. Actually, the smart planner would have isolated areas reserved for marines because we rarely get along with anybody. Our training emphasized taking and occupying real estate. This concept is so thoroughly ingrained that it can't be easily suspended even when we're off duty."

Clark scowled at Miller for being so blunt and possibly insulting Nguyen or McKinsey.

Nguyen laughed, "I know just what you mean. My mother was a marine. Her space was sacred, and woe be the poor fool who invaded it." He zoomed out the holographic display to show the placement of the navy residential area that was a good kilometer through solid rock from the marine neighborhood. "That's why I suggested that we put the navy housing over here."

Miller snorted her amusement and approval. "Smart man."

Nguyen added, "There was some discussion about setting up a residential area near the marine compound, but we decided that some disturbances could be tolerated during commutes and overlapping leisure activities in the hope of weakening the 'us versus them' barrier by making it easier for the concubines of the various services to socialize. We actually intend to install transporter nodes at the intersection of these long tunnels that connect directly to the marine compound from here and the navy compound from here." He indicated the main junctions that connected the marine and navy residential areas respectively to the colony center.

McKinsey kibitzed, "We haven't designated a navy headquarters compound, yet. It may make sense to have it in orbit until we get a lot of heavyweights milling about. We'll need one at some point, but the crew of Sir Galahad is the only Navy presence at the moment, and her crew considers themselves to be transients. Sir Galahad will be leaving us after the modifications are completed and she passes her space trials."

Nguyen returned everyone's attention to the Barcino map. "We have new habitat pods being delivered to these three courtyards just up the tunnel from the transporter terminal. We can accommodate those families who elect to not be locked into their pods for three or four days while the pods are positioned here on this lowest level."

Clark looked up from the map. "How many are ready?"

Nguyen appeared a bit sheepish, "None at the moment, but our crews have volunteered to work a few hours after dinner this evening. They've set a goal to place ten pods around each of these three courtyards tonight. We've brought in some heavy excavation equipment to get the pods into position quicker than having them burrow down on their own."

"There's a transporter nexus in the tiny shuttles," Miller mumbled; then straightened up and asked, "Couldn't you place a transporter in the foyer of the habitat pods to give the occupants egress and ingress?"

McKinsey and Nguyen looked at each other. "We need to fire Judith," McKinsey mumbled which got the two of them giggling and prompted strange looks from the others.

"Sorry, private joke," Nguyen offered in lieu of a long explanation. "Yes, I think that would be possible for a limited number of habitat pods. I don't know how many nodes our transporter network can support, but I'll look into it. It could be enough to relieve a considerable amount of pressure from our schedule."

Clark asked for a view of the lower tier of the marine neighborhood. "Is there any reason for making these tunnels dead ends?"

"It eliminated through traffic," Nguyen remarked. "Is there a problem?"

Miller nodded agreement. She saw the same flaw, "You only have one avenue of egress. If it's blocked, then everyone on this side of the blockage is screwed."

"Damn, I missed that," Nguyen replied, "I was patterning it after neighborhood streets. I know these are underground, but the reinforced tunnels are incredibly safe."

"Yeah, up until someone sets off about five pounds of plastique," Miller muttered.

"These symbols represent elevator shafts to the surface at these locations, right?" Clark indicated the dots near the junction of each terminating intersection. There were 75 pod locations along dead-end tunnels to the left and right. "If you cut a tunnel between the courtyards at the end and the last courtyard of the dead-end, then you'll have a zigzag path all the way around giving you alternate exits. These escape tunnels don't need to be over a meter wide and two-and-a-quarter high."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.