Destination Azahar - Cover

Destination Azahar

Copyright© 2009 by deGaffer

Chapter 7: Searching the Black

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 7: Searching the Black - How does a colony get ready to take on immigrants? Take a ride with a country boy and a businesswoman from Mississippi and find out how they managed to create a manufacturing sanctuary after being dropped on a backwater planet. Diverse groups converge and turn a barely habitable planet into a Mecca of culture and technology.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Space   Incest   Orgy   Harem   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

Exactly two weeks after it arrived, Copernicus left Dothan with the five officers and fourteen enlisted rated concubines who had trained together as a crew for the small ship along with their twenty-one children. The ship also carried two very green ensigns with their eight concubines and eleven children. The permanent crew occupied the four pods in the center ring plus the forward dorsal pod of the small ship. They had elected to bring their children on this mission thinking that it would be better to resolve issues with family units in tight quarters on this short mission than to have them crop up when there was no turning back from the long survey mission ahead of them.

The dorsal and ventral pods of the aft ring had been transferred directly to Copernicus from Asimov, the colony ship that had brought the two ensigns out from Earth. They had not been at Dothan long enough to have their pods transferred to the planet before being offered the colony construction assignment on Copernicus.

The remaining three pods in the forward ring had the colony AI pod, a pod loaded with mining equipment, and a pod tightly packed with shuttles and a lighter. These heavier pods were located forward to shift the center of gravity as far forward as practical with the two overweight pods containing the industrial grade replicator kits all the way aft.

Copernicus's crew secured the cargo after ensuring everything on the manifest was onboard before departing Haru. After completing their own equipment checks before Copernicus cast off, Nguyen and McKinsey returned to their pods for dinner and family discussions about the tiny ship and the adventures that lay ahead. It had occurred to each of them that they were heading into a corner of the Universe where no human had ever ventured. This must have been what the crews of the three tiny ships felt as Spain disappeared over the horizon in 1492.

Copernicus's navigator, Ensign Julia Johnson, and her navigation team had plotted a search pattern of G2 stars that were a month beyond the sphere centered on Earthat that contained most of the colony worlds and a radius that intersected Haruat, the system where Dothan was located. Using plus or minus a week as "about two months", there were four potential systems within six weeks of Dothan. They plotted a course to the nearest one.

The small ship began boosting out of its orbit around Haru and making its way to the outbound jump point. No one in Nguyen or McKinsey's group noticed the transition to hyperspace as the Faster-Than-Light engines engaged. Adventure was heading their way faster than the speed of light.


Being thirteen and having typical female instincts, Kim and Roni had been helping with the younger kids in their pods ever since the pickup. This included Roni's eleven-year-old brother Jishnu who insisted that he didn't require supervision, especially from his older sister. Predictably, he didn't rebel as much when it was Kim who made the same suggestions.

There were a lot of kids running loose in the public spaces of Asimov, but Kim and Roni hit it off the first time that everyone in the Nguyen pod went to the McKinsey pod after the evening meal. They were both slender beauties with dark skin and sparkling eyes, and they shared a passion for makeup and perfume.

Ten-year-old Nora idolized her new big sister, Kim, and always wanted to tag along with the older girls, but there was just too much age difference for her to be a co-conspirator in all of Kim and Roni's antics.

Kim didn't mind having Nora and Jishnu around, but Roni would usually find a way to antagonize her brother and send him stalking off.

On one occasion Kim asked Roni, "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" she responded totally unaware that her remark had insulted Jishnu.

"Why do you say such mean things to your brother? He really isn't that much of a dork," Kim tried to explain.

"You don't know him like I know him," Roni crossed her arms defiantly and Kim let it go, shaking her head.

It took a while for Roni and Kim to get comfortable with twelve-year-old Frank when their pods were moved to Copernicus. Frank rarely took an interest in activities outside of his pod. Captain Kozlowski supported Frank's mother and was regularly on Frank's case about being so sedentary.

Margo was also twelve and spent a lot of time helping her dad and Marcia supervise not only the youngsters in Ensign Johnson's household, but also those of Ensign Wallaby's pod. Kim was also eager to help with the youngsters and fit right in. While Roni had more experience dealing with youngsters due to her having younger siblings, her interests were usually elsewhere, keeping the three girls from being as tight as they could have been. Roni would help out mostly to be around Kim who could not be easily talked into staying away from the little ones.

Kim was the natural leader of the under-fourteen crowd. Her charisma even pulled Frank away from his video games. Roni couldn't pull Kim away from playing with the younger kids, but Frank managed the feat most of the time. There were times, though, when it was clear Kim wanted to be left alone.

"Uh, oh," Tuan remarked at bedtime. "Kim is playing sad tunes on her flute. It's going to be a rough day tomorrow."

"That's a very pretty song, and she plays it so well," Nancy remarked. "I wish I could play something that beautifully."

"You're the best of us with a skin flute," Beatrice quipped to Nancy; then turned to Tuan. "Tell me, o wise and powerful seer, how does Kim's magic flute predict the future?"

Tuan cut his eyes and tried to look dangerous, but Beatrice stood her ground and giggled totally ruining the empty threat. Tuan sighed and shook his head. "Why do I have to get the cheeky concubines? Because I just know that she's going to be gloomy for several days. She doesn't get moody very often, but it happens often enough for me to know the signs. It's best to just give her space. It seems like everything I've ever tried just makes it worse."

Nancy was puzzled. "I've never seen Kim in a grumpy mood. She's even nice when she has cramps."

Beatrice really starting laughing but managed to get enough air to remark, "I'm guessing that the sad songs happen about once a month?"

"What? No!" Tuan shook his head in denial. "She's never asked me for feminine supplies. That can't be it."

"Of course she didn't ask you, genius. You're male!" Tears were streaming from Beatrice's eyes. "She's been getting what she needs from me for almost two years."


Three months out of Dothan Copernicus entered the elliptic of a very bright G2-spectrum planetary system. Most of the sensor team focused on identifying and analyzing the planets. One crewmember was always directing scanners all around the ship looking for threats. This was the third planetary system that they had investigated and it looked very promising. The system contained the typical mix of gas giants, dead celestial objects and cooling masses of rock.

The fourth planet was in the 'life zone' of the large star, and unlike the planets in this zone of the other two systems that they had mapped, this one had evidence of liquid water on the surface. A promising spectral analysis was made from several million kilometers. They made additional readings as they approached the bright speck in space. The results indicated that the planet was a bit hot, but habitable. The surface temperature ranged from a tropical 28 degrees Celsius (82 degrees Fahrenheit) at the coldest pole to a deadly reading of 66 degrees Celsius (151 degrees Fahrenheit) at the equator. These were average temperatures. Thermal currents in both the air and water generated shifting temperatures and the vast, warm oceans powered large storms that soaked up a lot of local atmospheric heat.

The analysis of the atmosphere looked promising, even though it had a negligible amount of free oxygen. The planet was a good bit larger in diameter than Earth, but judging by the thickness of its atmosphere, it appeared to be a bit less dense. Captain Kozlowski continued to bring Copernicus closer and closer as the candidate planet kept looking more and more promising.

Current volcanic activity registered in three locations, with indications of recent activity in seventeen others. The orange oceans and violet atmosphere looked very alien to the humans, but the planet still warranted closer investigation. Captain Kozlowski ordered the ship into a low polar orbit in order to map the maximum amount of surface in the minimum amount of time.

The sensor watch was doubled with attention split between the planet below and the space everywhere else. The Sa'arm may not be the only threat in the galaxy and Kozlowski didn't want to be surprised with his pants down deep in a gravity well and with no hope of fighting his way out of a confrontation. A kid with a slingshot would be a serious threat to Copernicus!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.