Sapphires & Emeralds
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2009 by Taylor Gibbs

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 9 - NCIS fanfiction.An undercover assignment leads to an entanglement for NCIS. Will Abby get trapped in a web of lies? Who IS that blue-eyed stranger who sets her on fire with his touch? Gibbs and Abby pairing. Alt. Universe. Co-written with Zabby.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fan Fiction  

Mike stormed over to DiNozzo, poking him hard in the chest. "What are ya, useless? While you two are sitting out here, Abby was printing him in there alone. What the hell ya thinking, both of ya?"

He turned his fury on McGee now. "Don't you think you wormed your way out of this because you're the probie, McGee. Tell me why I shouldn't fire both your sorry asses?"

"Boss?" McGee asked confused. Standing up, he tried to take in the situation. "You mean, Abby went to him, alone? What was she thinking? Is she okay?" Tim had rarely ever seen Mike this angry, which made his alarms go off in worry for Abby.

Tony blinked a few times in absolute shock, edging closer to McGee and standing slightly in front of him, even though he knew he couldn't protect either of them from Mike's wrath.

"Because we're doing our best work, Boss. Probie's running like twelve different searches and I've been in contact with a couple of agencies. We're doing our best."

Mike got right in their personal space. "Yeah, Abby went to him, alone! You were supposed to watch her, DiNozzo. And McGee, I don't know what the hell use you are beside the computer work."

A bit shocked at Tony defending him, Tim moved alongside of him, intending on standing ground as equals. "Boss, she's not a child to babysit. She knew she was supposed to come get Tony when it was time for the interrogation. If she went to him alone, it wasn't because we weren't doing our job."

"She isn't clear headed," Mike shot back. "And you two are supposed to look out for all the team! What if he raped her in interrogation? What then, McGee?"

He hadn't, Tony knew that. Mike had some kind of agenda with the guy and was trying to rally the troops for his side. "Then he'd be dead, Mike," Tony shot back evenly. "Isn't Ziva with him there?" Suspects were always guarded so that they didn't leave interrogation.

"We were doing our jobs, Mike, what you asked us to do. Abby knows how to protect herself. And if Ziva is there, she wasn't in danger. Ziva is more observant than any of us." Despite Tim's dislike of the suspect, he finally realized that Abby hadn't been in any danger, at least physically.

"And she's under the dirtbag's spell too," Mike growled. "They put all the old case files onto the computers, McGee? I've dealt with Brooks before. Think it was a drug running case in California. Fifteen maybe twenty years ago. People died, woman, kid, couple guys. Killed one of our agents. Find me the answers. Wanna know who we're dealing with"

That was all that Mike could remember about the case and it pissed him off.

"Maybe he is involved in the drugs ring," Tony replied quietly. If he'd killed an NIS agent, all bets were off and Tony could see why Mike was completely out of control.

Finding it incredibly difficult to believe that Ziva could be under anyone's spell, Tim went back to his desk with an, "On it, Boss." Seeing a few of his searches had returned nothing, Tim closed them out to give him the space he needed to pull up old case files.

"If he's that dirtbag, Mike, we'll nail him," Tony promised, sighing when Mike just grunted and walked to the window, looking out over the Anacostia. Tony perched on the edge of McGee's desk. "Intense, Probie ... intense."

"My reaction seems pale in comparison to that now, huh? But it does put some things in perspective. What is it about this guy that sets us off?"

Tony squeezed Tim's shoulder. "Maybe because we know he took down one of our own," Tony said faintly. If that was the case, they might have sensed it. "Or maybe because he's an arrogant SOB who screwed with Abbs somehow, Probie. We're all overprotective of her."

"Do you really think that the man in interrogation is really the drug dealer we're after? I mean, I guess there's still a possibility. But it just doesn't seem feasible now. Abby's got bad taste, but she usually figures out when a guy she's attracted to doesn't have all the crayons in his box."

"I don't know." Tony admitted as honestly as he could. "I think he's someone to be concerned and wary about, especially when you consider that he was packing those knives. But I don't know where that leaves any of us. Who he is, what he wants from Abbs ... I just don't know, McGee. We need answers. Now."

"Yeah, but if we panicked at everyone who was packing, we'd be freaked about Ziva all the time. Who knows, really, how many weapons she has on her? And I know we need answers, Tony. I'm just waiting on my searches to kick up something."

"But McGee, who packs knives like that for a black tie benefit. It's very True Lies or Mission Impossible, or Bond, and I don't want Abbs wrapped up in an action movie. We have enough danger around us to begin with."

"Any one of us. Ziva, You, Someone" Tim countered, finding it ironic that they had switched positions on the issue. "I'd rather have her in an action movie than the freaky, Halloween murder movies she's been in lately."

Tony nodded. "But he isn't us, McGee. He's not an agent on an op. He's a predator with two military-grade ceramic knives. He's more Bolfeld than Bond." That was the difference. If he'd been an agent and flashed a shield ... well...

Tony gave McGee a little smirk. "Bet you didn't expect to be defending him." It was all a part of making McGee see all sides. Even though he knew that Mike was the training agent, Tony couldn't help but try to move things along for the probie. Some day, he'd be team leader and wanted McGee as his senior field agent.

"Humpf," was all Tim would say, knowing Tony had done that on purpose. "Playing devil's advocate, Tony? Okay, how 'bout this? What if he's not a predator? What if he ... nah, that's too farfetched."

"What if he what. McGee? He's not one of us. If he was, he would have flashed a badge. Even an undercover guy would have done that before landing in interrogation. So, what? What are you thinking?" But Tony knew if someone was far under, they wouldn't even carry a shield.

This was what Tony lived for. Debating ideas and theories was one of his favorite things to do and in this case, it had been all figuring out about his relationship with Abby and no figuring out the ins and outs of who he was and why he was at the party in the first place.

"What if he's undercover? Or maybe he really is a dirtbag, but with an agency too? I don't know, Tony. It just all seems really hinky. What do you think?"

"I think he would have told us, don't you?" Tony asked, swallowing hard. Problem was that McGee's theory made too much sense. "He would have asked to call someone, McGee. Not let himself be pulled in. Unless they were investigating us, which would make no sense."

But the more Tony thought about it, the more sense it made. "Hope he's not an agent," he said quietly. "I bashed his head against the wall."

"Yeah, and I shoved a gun into his gut. If he is investigating us, we're screwed, Tony." They could both be in a lot of trouble and soon. And all for Abby. But he'd do it again. It was Abby.

"Hell, Tim. I wasn't even thinking that." Tony squeezed McGee's shoulder. "It'll be okay, Probie. I'll take the fall if it comes to that. We can make a case for defending Abby. Anyone who knows us and the agency will understand. And Morrow thinks of her as a daughter or a little sister. He would understand even if he doesn't approve."

"I wouldn't let you do that, Tony. But thank you for the thought. If it goes down that way, it's all or nothing. No one'll take the fall for the others. It's wrong, isn't it, that I hope he is the scumbag we pegged him originally? Would kinda make things simpler all around, though maybe not for Abby." In reality, Tim would hate having a man imprisoned for the wrong crime. But he would also hate to see him and his friends endure disciplinary actions.

"No, I hope so too, Tim," Tony said, uncharacteristically quiet now. "Let's get back to work."

~~

There was some sort of commotion going on at McGee's desk and Ducky moved beyond it. He'd had Cynthia ring Abby's lab and there was no answer. She'd also tried Autopsy at his insistence, but nobody had picked up there. Ducky had a sneaking suspicion that he needed to check the interrogation areas. He walked into the observation room and looked inside the first room, seeing Abby and Ziva and a cuffed suspect. He turned on the microphone. "Ladies? Anything I can assist you with?" Feeling they needed him, he moved out of the observation room and into the doorway of the interrogation room.

"Ducky!" Abby exclaimed, running to him. Hugging him tightly, she asked, "Can you check Jet out? Ducky ... Franks attacked him, a restrained man in our custody." Abby still couldn't bring herself to say Mike's first name. "Can you please make sure he's okay?" she asked, as she pulled her friend closer. "Jet, this is Doctor Mallard. Ducky this is Jet Brooks."

Ducky looked between Abby and Ziva. "Tell me what happened, ladies." He was concerned that they might implicate Mike in front of the suspect.

"Doctor," Jet said quietly.

"Check him out first, Ducky. Then we'll tell you what happened."

Very aware that he was the suspect in some event, Ducky didn't extend a hand. "Sit still for me, Mr. Brooks," he said brusquely. "Might I assume, Abigail, that this unfortunate mess has something to do with the sudden and unexpected removal of your tattoo?"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.