Jack and Diane
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2009 by torchthebitch

Once the settlement was agreed I set about closing all the financial accounts relating to the marriage and opening new ones in my sole name. I also reviewed the standing orders and direct debits. Those relating to my own outgoings, I moved to the new account. The others I allowed to lapse.

One of the terms of the settlement was that there would be no child maintenance paid in either direction. It was one of the conditions Milla had inserted to use as a bargaining chip. Diane had initially protested. Milla simply asked how much she wanted and agreed. Diane was very smug about that until she discovered that she was expected to pay the same amount to me while I had the children with me. Since I would have them for the greater part of the year, Diane would suffer a net loss, so that was hurriedly reversed.

I set about establishing the routine for the children, using my position in work to allow me to be at home as much as possible for them. Diane would take them for part of the weekend and I would use this to make up time in work. After the children went to bed I spent much of my time doing the household duties. These posed no problem to me. I had learned to look after myself in the Navy and was practised at "personal admin". Unfortunately while ironing or cleaning I had plenty of time for introspection. I could find no reason for Diane to reject me except for Peter. Georgie clearly didn't like him but that appeared to be more to do with him providing a focus for her anger. Harry regarded him as a decent person who seemed to hold Diane in as much affection as I once had.

Diane had simply disposed of me like a used tissue, and it hurt like hell. I had committed to her at so many levels, and she had simply used me. I had no intention of letting her off lightly. The settlement had been about drawing a line under the marriage and a new start. For me though, part of that new start, was to let Diane felt as much hurt as she inflicted on me. Ignoble perhaps, but at this stage I was still trying to come to terms with what had happened. I didn't have time for much socialising but I did start investigating the demise of my marriage.


When I first met Diane, I was struck by her competent manner. She was business like and to the point. She dressed appropriately for the site visit and did not trail around like a helpless girlie. She was certainly a looker, but my attention was diverted by the accident. It was the second date before I really thought about her as a possible girlfriend. That kiss at the end of the date had a warmth and passion that aroused me more than physically. She was so easy to be around and I really felt the centre of attention. I wanted to make her feel the same. When she invited me to her bed I wanted to ensure that she thought of me as a lover, not a sex partner. I pulled out almost all the stops that night. Well, you want to keep some surprises for later.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.