The Rifleman - Cover

The Rifleman

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

Chapter 1: The Mail

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1: The Mail - The Rifleman Meet William Viking, a blind man who is the next person to be recruited. He has lost his job where he worked. His life is disintegrating in front of him except for his neighbor who has always been there for him.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Science Fiction   Time Travel   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory  

Day 1

William

9:05 AM Monday

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

"Damn it! Who is bothering me on my day off?" I snarled as I sat up.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

"All right! I'm coming!" I shouted as Traveler started barking.

Reaching around, I grabbed my robe off the back of the chair and slid my arms into the sleeves. Sitting down I was reaching down to the floor when Traveler came over and butted my hand. Sliding my fingers down his snout, I smiled at him when I felt my slippers in his mouth.

"Good boy," I said as I rubbed his head and took the shoe.

Taking the slipper, I slipped it on my right foot, and then took the left one that he brought to me.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

"Damn it, I said I would be right there!" I shouted again.

Standing up, I tied my robe, and walked out of my bedroom. My fingers scraped along the doorframe. I took six steps out of my room and turned left. Taking ten more steps, I stopped at the door and said, "Who is it?"

"Mister William Viking?" said a voice.

"Yes," I replied.

"I have a certified letter for you."

"Just a minute," I replied.

I picked up the phone on the wall, and speed-dialed my neighbor, Sandi.

"Hello?" replied her soft voice.

"Hi, Sandi. Sorry to bother you. But could you look out your peephole, and see who is at my door? He says I have a certified letter," I asked.

"Sure, give me a second," she replied.

I listened at the door, and heard Sandi open hers.

"Can I help you?" Sandi asked.

"I have a certified letter for Mister William Viking. I'm waiting for him to open the door, said the male voice.

"I'll take it for him. He is blind, and won't answer unless he recognizes your voice."

"Oh, ok. Can you sign?"

"Yes, I can," Sandi said.

I jumped as Sandi knocked on the door.

Opening it, I said, "Thank you, Sandi."

"You're welcome, William. You need to stop being afraid of the door," she replied.

"I'm not afraid. It's just that being blind; I don't know who they are. You could say you're a policeman, and I wouldn't know it, for a fact," I said as I took the letter from her.

I frowned as I read the return address with my fingers. It was from my work.

"What's wrong, William?" Sandi asked when she saw my frown.

"It's from my work. I wonder what it is?" I said.

I tore the envelope open and ran my fingers over the Braille. I staggered back, turned and went to my chair. Sitting down, I sighed as I thought of having to move.

"William, what's wrong?" Sandi asked with concern in her voice.

"I've been laid off," I said sadly.

"They laid you off? How could they?" she said as she sat beside me.

"The recession. They say that due to the economy, they are shutting the factory down," I replied.

"What? Let me see that?" she said as she took the paper from my hand. She read the printer version and frowned. "This is so wrong. The belts and stuff you people make, sell good. I don't understand how they could do this. Unless..."

"Unless what?" I asked after she stopped talking.

"Unless they are going overseas. Yes ... I bet that's it. They are moving the company there, and then they can get away with paying less. That's the only answer I can think of. What are you going to do William?" she asked me as she handed me the letter back.

"Guess I'll have to go down to Social Security, and see about getting my SSDI back," I said with a sigh.

"Want me to drive you?" Sandi asked.

"Would you? That would be so helpful! I wouldn't have to ride the bus, and spend hours on the transfers," I said.

"Sure. Go get a shower and get dressed. I'll go throw something decent on, and we'll head down there. Do we need to stop at the factory?" she asked as she walked to the door.

"No, my check is direct deposit. So I should be ok, there," I replied as I stood.

I heard Sandi as she walked back over towards me. Then she kissed me.

I touched my cheek and asked, "What was that for?"

"Because you looked like you needed it ... and because I do care about you," she said.

"Thanks," I mumbled and felt my cheeks get warm.

Sandi giggled, kissed me again, and left the apartment. I sighed as I thought of what she looked like. I assumed she was beautiful, because of her voice, but I know that is deceptive. Even if she isn't on the outside, I knew she was on the inside and that's where it mattered. Turning, I went into the bedroom and stripped. I made sure each piece of clothing went into the right hamper. When I was naked, I went into the shower and cleaned up. I was out of the shower in ten minutes and was drying off when the door bell chimed again.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

Going to my bedroom door I stuck my head out and shouted, "Who is it?"

"It's me. Can I come in?" Sandi shouted back.

"Sure," I said and closed my bedroom door. I heard the front door open and close.

"Hurry up," Sandi said as I heard her pull a chair out from the table.

"Give me a few," I replied and started getting dressed.

After I was dressed, I picked up my wallet and opened the wooden box on my dresser. Taking a ten out of its holder, I folded it lengthwise and then pulled a twenty out that I folded in half. Grabbing a five, I folded it into a triangle and then put ten ones in to the back of the wallet that were not folded. Closing my wallet, I slipped it in my front pocket and picked up my cane as I closed the box. Going out of my room, I called Traveler to me and I slipped the harness on him.

Sandi stood up from the chair, and I heard her slide it under the table. Then she went to the door. I stopped at the door, and took my keys off the hook. We walked out of the apartment, and I closed and locked the door. Sandi guided me to her car. I knew she drove a Corvette, as I had been in it several times. Opening the door, I sat down and had Traveler sit between my legs before Sandi could get in. I fastened my seatbelt. I sat back and petted Traveler, as Sandi started the car.

We drove across town, to the Social Security office. I went upstairs and pulled a number. Sandi told me my number was twenty-six, and they were on seventeen. So we sat and waited for my number to be called. Thirty minutes later it was called, and we went back to see my caseworker.


Olivia Howards

10:57 AM

"What may I do for you Mister Viking?" I asked as we sat down.

"I need to get my SSDI reinstated. I lost my job and I need it to survive," he said.

"Do you have a letter of termination from your work? Or did you quit?" I asked.

"Yes I do," he said and pulled an envelope from his breast pocket.

I took the paper and opened it. Looking at the paper in my hand I read the termination notice and brought up the young man's file on my computer. I started entering the information I was given and when finished, I hit enter.

"William, it will take about ten weeks until you get your first check. Everything will have to be verified," I said.

"Ten weeks? Why so long?" Sandi blurted out.

"The government moves at its own pace, and they will have to verify that Mister Viking is still disabled..."

"My god. He is blind, what more proof do you need?" she snapped at me.

"Ma'am he has been working for nine months. He will have to be reevaluated. He will need to refill out the application and submit it as well as his doctor's papers..."

"This is wrong. I am calling my uncle, he will straighten this out," she said and pulled out her phone.

"Sandi, it's ok, I have enough to survive on. Can you just help me fill out the paperwork," William asked.

"No, it's not 'alright'!" she said and hit the speed dial.


Sandi

I was fuming inside! How dare they say it would take ten weeks for a blind man to get his check? I waited for the phone to be picked up.

"Senator Bedford's office, this is Madeline speaking. How may I help you?" said a voice as soon as it was picked up.

"Madeline, this is Sandi, is Uncle John busy?" I asked.

"Let me see Sandi," said the voice and ten seconds later the phone was picked up.

"Shu-Shu, how you doing?" her uncle said.

"Uncle John, this is serious," I said.

"Sorry Sandi, what do you need?" he asked.

"I am down at Social Security with William, the young man I brought to the house several months ago..."

"I remember him, he's a nice man. Even his dog is a charmer. Cody just loved him ... but that's not why you called. What's wrong?" he asked.

"William lost his job at the factory where he made belts. So he came down to get his SSDI reinstated. His caseworker says it will take ten weeks for him to get reinstated. Uncle John, that is unacceptable. He was on SSDI before I helped him get the job. It shouldn't take a reevaluation to determine if he is still blind," I snapped.

"I agree, who is his case worker, so I can have a letter sent from my office," he asked.

"Her name is Olivia Howards, and she is his case worker here. Let me hand her my phone," I replied. She looked at me like she wasn't going to take it, so I said, "Senator John Bedford of the United States Senate wants to speak with you."

I watched as she took the phone and started talking to my uncle. I wanted to giggle at how her attitude changed. She said goodbye and handed me the phone back.

I took the phone and said, "Yes, Uncle?"

"I think I have it dealt with, but you let me know. Also, why don't you bring William for dinner on Saturday, out at the ranch," he said.

"We will be there. Thank you uncle," I said and hung up.

I missed what the woman was saying to William, but he stood up and shook her hand. He took Travelers harness and we walked out of the office. We headed down to the car when I said, "Let me buy you lunch."

"No, let me buy you lunch," he said.

"How about we decide it after we eat? Ok?" I said.

"Sure, where do you want to go? And where do we have to be?" he asked.


William

"Uncle John says I have to bring you to dinner Saturday night. I said we would be there," she said as we stepped out of the elevator.

"Cool. Those steaks we had were good. I wonder what he will serve this time?" I asked as we walked across the parking lot. I heard a set of tires squealing and Sandi yanked me back against a car. Traveler's walker was ripped out my hand, and I heard a yelp and a thud. The blood drained out of my face as the car sped off. I could hear Sandi on the phone as I knelt down. I slid my hands across the ground until I found him. He was lying on his side, and he licked my hand.

My hand was bloody. I felt tears running down my face as Sandi knelt beside me.

"Boy you're going to be ok. We will get you to Doctor Suri, and she will make you all better," Sandi said.

I could hear police sirens in the distance and as I slid my hands under him, I stood up. The golden retriever weighed in at eighty pounds, and I stood there waiting for Sandi to do something.

"Sandi, I have to get him to the vets."

"I know, just a second," Sandi said and I heard her run away from me.

Sandi was back in less than a minute, and she led me over to her car. I heard her open the trunk and then it was slammed closed.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Putting a blanket down on your seat and the floor," she said, and I heard something snap then she continued, "Come on over."

I followed her voice, and she grabbed my arm. She had me turn around and sit in the car seat. Sandi closed the door, and I waited with my face buried in Travelers neck.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.