Hunter Hunted
Chapter 2: Discovered Secrets

Copyright© 2009 by Daniellekitten

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2: Discovered Secrets - Mirage suffered the curse of an ancient Greek goddess. She'd been alive for over three thousand she been untouchable. Those that had touched her went insane. Now she's found the one man who could touch her, the one man whose touch made her pant with need. Would he be the one to break the curse?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Horror   Paranormal   Vampires   Furry   Were animal   Zombies  

Hunter's engaging smile was long gone before Dianna finished Mirage's story. A strange pang started in his chest, surprising him. Hearing of how Lineal and Lynette, Mirage's husband and daughter had been put to death was heartbreaking.

He could almost feel their pain. The scorch of the whip was a terrible thing. He'd felt it once or twice in his own inhumanely long life. But know that Lineal had been forced to endure the bite until he'd mercifully died was almost more than he could bear.

How must it have felt for Mirage? She'd been forced to stand there, to watch her husband's proud face as he'd been beaten to death. She'd been made to listen to his screams when he'd finally broken and she had pleaded and screamed herself, begging to prove her innocence or that the gods would punish her, not her husband. But he'd died, his bowed and broken body left dangling in the dirt for the carrion to feed.

And that hadn't been the end of their horror. Lynette, a scared six year old had been next. But her death was even worse than that of Lineal's. Mirage had been magically caged, held in a box no bigger than her own body. She'd been forced to watch as Lynette had been strapped down to a table and one by one, red hot coals had been put on her body until she was covered in their smoldering stench. Every inch of her skin had been layered with those coals, her screams growing hoarse and horrid until shock had finally killed her.

They'd forced her to uncover the child's body, to see the damage that the poor little girl had been forced to endure because of her mother. Mirage had been violently ill, unable to look at what was left of Lynette, of the little girl she had adored. And she'd cursed the gods, renouncing her beliefs and promising untold torments upon them.

They'd laughed. Bia, the goddess of violence and the one who'd begun this torment had slapped her. But no pain could get through the haze of her emotions, the loss of her child, of her beloved husband, had left her in. So Bia had thought up one more torment and she waved her scepter at Mirage.

Dianna opened Mirage's file and pulled out a small sheet of paper she'd placed in there last week when after years of searching, she'd finally found the exact wording to the curse. "Until time's end or when someone stands for you, willing to share in this curse, your touch shall cause nothing but chaos. Even the slightest of touches will result in a madness that is incurable. Only one will be immune and until you find that one person, you will be alone to walk this earth. But it is for you to decide. Is it worth it for you to lose those you love to madness? Will you be able to touch them, to see if they are the ones to save you?"

Bia had laughed and then they'd cast her out, throwing her from their exalted presence. But Aphrodite, the loveliest of the goddess had stepped in. She'd save the souls of Lineal and Lynette, rescuing them from Hades and sending them on to their reward after seeing what had been done to them and to Mirage but unable to stop Bia's ugly actions.

She'd gone to Mirage in her dreams, afraid of the curse that Bia's words had left upon the girl's skin. Showing her the renewed spirits of her family had helped but it did nothing for the hurt or the loneliness that the curse had left on her. People feared her and they cast her out of village after village, leaving her alone to walk the world.

During this time, She'd learned to fight and began to hire herself out to the great lords of the land who's presence meant constant torment and wars. She'd forged bonds and had proven herself to these great war lords. She'd made her way, the right hand of men such as Alexander, learning from scholars such as Socrates and Confucius.

She'd shorn her beautiful white blonde curls with little regard, keeping her hair short and out of her eyes. She'd learn to fight with every weapon she could place her hands on. From Scimitar to dagger to throwing stars, she'd become expert and everything in between. Never would she allow herself to be put in the position that those gods had. Never would she allow any man, woman or sentient being to tie her down and hold her captive. Never would she allow herself to fall in love with another, because it gave you a weak spot in your defenses. She would never have that happen again.

"Now," Dianna said softly, reaching out and touching Hunter's hand. "Do you understand why she acts the way she does? Why she pushes everyone away?"

Hunter's vivid blue eyes were tormented. He stared up at Dianna, finally placing his coffee cup on her desk. "I can't say that I really thank you for telling me this, Dianna."

She smiled, leaning back to snag the coffee carafe from where it sat, staying hot. She held it out to Hunter and then refilled his cup, topping off hers. "I know. What they did to her family was heart wrenching. I can't even imagine what I would have done. But Mirage has been alone in everyway that counts for over three thousand years."

"She's not alone," Hunter interjected. "She does have us."

"You went home with that little Were-kitten last night, didn't you? Imagine climbing into bed with Miss Puss-n-boots and suddenly finding her crazy as a coon just because you touched her. Try imagining never sleeping with another woman again. Would you feel completely alone?"

Hunter sighed. "But this isn't about me, Dianna. This is Mira. I can't imagine she would be very happy with you for blabbing her secrets. So I've got to ask, why did you tell me this?"

"Because you are the closest one to her. No matter what you think, I've seen her eyes when you walk in a room. She comes alive in your presence, Hunter. I've known her for a good long while; I recruited her for this team. I know she lets no one tease her or aggravate her the way you do. There has to be a reason for that."

"Lots of years of practice?" He sank back against the chair, suddenly feeling very tired.

"I also see your eyes when you look at her, Hunter. I know there are feelings in there for her. I've seen you run into places to back her up when most agents I know would be screaming for back up and retreating. I'm not saying that you should become this mythic savior who will stand with her against the gods and be willing to share in her curse. That's asking a lot, even for me. But I know you care."

"I do care, Dianna. I care for you and for Beasty boy as well. I also care about my own skin. If I suddenly back down on Mira, what do you think she's going to do? She's going to call me on it. Then what am I supposed to say. I'm sorry that the gods fucked you over? How do you think that'll go with her?" He rose suddenly, slamming his cup on her desk and spilling what was left in the mug. "You've really screwed me up here, Dianna and I can't thank you for it."

He turned and headed out of her office, slamming the door hard enough behind him that the glass rattled. He stalked away quickly, ignoring everyone around him and heading down toward the gym to find Mira. Going around a corner, he almost walked right into her.

He jerked back, his eyes softening as he stared down at her. He suddenly saw images in his head of Lineal and Lynette and he took another step back. "You ready to do this?"

"You that anxious to get your ass handed to you?"

Her soft voice seemed a bit shaken and Hunter felt his will to kick her ass dissolve just that quickly. Damn Dianna and her meddling. He was perfectly happy with the way things had been before she'd called him into the office for her little 'chat'.

"No smart ass remark?" Mirage took a step closer to him. "Not even a lame... 'oh yeah, so's your mother?'"

"I'm tired, Mira. So are you ready to do this or not?"

"Not the way you're dressed." He looked down at her, his eyes sharpening as he saw all that gorgeously tanned and sculpted skin was now covered. Everything but her face was now hidden in tight white leather from the tips of her fingers to the tips of her toes. There would be no chance that he might touch her in the heat of battle and lose his mind. Yet, even with all that white leather, she still managed to look sexy and sensual. Maybe it was her eyes, he didn't know. He did know that if he didn't worry about his mind around her, he'd have been working to get her taut ass into his bed a long fucking time ago.

"Well, let's get going and I'll change," he growled, wishing he could reach down and adjust the sudden constant throb of his cock in the tight constraints of the uniform he was wearing. He let her go into the gym while he took a left down another hallway and walked into the men's locker room. It was full and all heads turned when he opened the door and stepped inside. But besides a few greetings, most of the men went quickly back to their own business when he slammed open his locker.

Unzipping his uniform, he pulled it off, glaring at his disobedient cock when it still hadn't softened. Why now did he have to have these uncontrollable urges around her? Now, after five years of working with her as closely as they were allowed to work, now he decided to want her, like the proverbial forbidden fruit. Damn Dianna!

He grabbed the one piece lycra suit he wore when he went up against Mira, seeing the small stain of blood that was left from a lucky punch she'd landed last time. He scratched at it with his finger then shrugged, sitting to tug the skin tight suit up his long legs. Wrangling it over his shoulders, he forced his big hands down the sleeves, twisting them until they felt right. Then he zipped the damn thing up and reached down for his shoes.

He wore something that was a combination of swim sock and ballet shoe. They were soft, tying tightly around his ankle. There was a thin rubber sole, but the shoe moved with his foot, giving him more control over his kicks and better balance. He pulled the long, thin lycra gloves over his hands, tightening the straps at his wrists. Grabbing a towel, he was as ready as he possibly could be to go up against Mirage.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.