Blazing Angels - Cover

Blazing Angels

Copyright© 2009 by JC Trent

Chapter 7

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 7 - Adventures of a group of start up mercenaries. Set loosely in the Mechwarrior universe.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Robot   Space   Rough   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Military  

Captain Luminae sat back after talking with his employer, pondering the options that lay before. It was clear what the employer wanted, but he had more to think of than just pleasing his employer. Employers after all come and go, but a company needed to stay together. A notification for urgent medic attention at the mountain base popped up on his data pad. That shouldn't be. His hand brushed over the controls to open it up. He watched the relay information being added. Gods and Verses! He had to resolve this. He notified the command centre to gather as much information as possible and waited for the information, the injured and Katrina to arrive.


Katrina changed clothes and freshened up in prospect of the negotiations. She had hoped that she could keep the fact that there was no real information to speak of under wraps. Yeah right! No doubt Luminae's people would have already told him. How can he inspire loyalty like that? I don't see what he does is any different from what I do. She pondered on his previous words to her and the dynamics of relationships and leadership in the FPA.

In the FPA (Federated Planets of Americas) the fact that Katrina was a Captain would have spoken volumes. Especially as she was fairly young and not in some small part to her last name being Walker. The Walkers though a relatively small family owned company, had a substantial amount of power from being the only company to own all the LAM (Land Air Model ) HAMr factories. Katrina's mother Katherine was the current ruling Matriarch and President of the company and she, Katrina was the youngest out of her 12 children.

Unlike her other siblings Katrina had ambitions beyond going to work for the family business. She herself wanted to own and run her very own HAMr factory. The fact that no one knew how the HAMr plants worked beyond maintenance and a few set configuration was beside the point. Katrina was convinced that she would be the one to crack the plans and build the first new factory in centuries.

But in order to do that she need some serious money and to find out more about the old UN technology and since she had now in her employ an Ekstasis, she could very well gain access to any of their technology, if it was more advanced than theirs and utilise it to her advantage. Plus I will need a loyal company and scientists. I should be able to acquire these fairly easily once my reputation starts to grow. After all I am a Captain already and soon to be quite rich.

She added a dab of perfume before she left to go outside and wait for the transport. On the way she stopped by the comms centre to grab a copy of the layout plans for the mountain base. I could use this for more leverage, so it's not the plans for any new technology, but it's better than nothing. All that she passed noticed the distinct smell of perfume and a few scowled at her back as she passed, thinking of how inappropriate it was for her to wear such a thing on an assignment. Let alone after having just caused one of their comrades such severe injuries.

Had Katrina been privy to their thoughts she would have discounted the blame, even though she was technically in charge at the time, they she could argue, could not follow orders or were incompetent in their communications.

Outside, she could see the field medic on one end of a primitive stretcher, looking out from the doors of the HAMr bay for the transport. Katrina turned her attention to the sky and could see the transport rapidly approaching. She tapped her foot, patience not being one of her virtues. Almost as soon as it landed and the gangway was cleared and down, she strode into the transport ahead of the field medic and his patient. She found a seat, strapped in and got out her datapad to analyse the layout, thinking about what other angles she could possibly play on.

The field medic and the co-pilot quickly strapped in the stretcher and okayed the pilot to take off. Katrina was so busy that she didn't notice the silent communication occurring between the co-pilot and the field medic. The message was passed between them with head jerks, raised eyebrows and rolled eyes, after which the co-pilot went forward.


Vin fought through her haze of pain and memories to slowly regain consciousness. She felt a little queasy. Looking narrowly through her lashes around the room, she could still see Jenna was unconscious and Doc was busy running around gathering items, muttering to himself. Something about rain and floods? I wonder who needs his attention now? I hope that it isn't Katrina. It would be a fine thing, if on our first assignment, we all got laid up.

Vin concentrated on relaxing all the muscles that were tense with pain and gradually too the pain subsided enough that she was able to breathe deeply and slowly. I should never had tried that, Vin chastised herself. I have only done that once before, it nearly killed me. It is lucky that I am so far away or else it might have.

She couldn't help but wonder about her Dyarae and how they were doing. It was not the first time that she had pondered on her feelings for them and how genuine they were or if that was a result of how they had become her dyarae. Those events at the EU (Ekstasis University) threatened to rise like a dark tsunami. As she fought to subdue them, she was dimly aware of heavy footsteps approaching and Captain Luminae's voice talking low to Doc. The Captain's footsteps approached her bed, paused and then went to Jenna's.

Vin gave a final shove to years old, but still too painful memories of that incident at the EU and her accumulation of her dyarae. Gradually opening her eyes she was greeted by the Captain's back. He was looking over Jenna and she could only wonder at what was going through his mind. She could imagine it soften as she saw his hand come up to gently brush a lock of hair away from Jenna's face, tucking it behind her ear his fingers trailed lingeringly along her jaw.

"Jenna means a lot to you doesn't she?" Luminae whirled abruptly, any feeling that might have been there was not now.

"Regardless of what she means to me or the company, she violated our laws. She is therefore subject to them as any other." He recited flatly.

She looked into his eyes searching. Verses he was good! Though she searched, he did not give anything away. Eyes still meeting he said, "Katrina is coming henceforth to discuss the terms of the sale of the mountain base. Do you wish to also combine it with our discussion of what you wish to happen with Jenna?"

"Well, yes. That would be good. We can get it out of the way and settled." She had a feeling that Jenna's actions and the decision here today, may indeed divide Luminae's company.

Mercenary companies were often thought to be a law unto themselves. The reality was that they had laws, just not the same ones as The CORE. There were a few basic rules that the Mercenary Guild had set out and could be modified. Murdering one of your company without just cause definitely went against the rules.

"Excellent. She will be here soon. Now if you will excuse me, I will need to get some things." Luminae gave her a slight nod and was about to leave, when she called out his name.

"I, uh, I was wondering ... if I might get something to eat?" She grinned at him sheepishly. "I haven't had anything decent since ... I don't know when."

Luminae's eyes softened a bit. "Of course. In fact, I will order a few meals to be eaten here and we can negotiate over dinner."

Vin leaned back into her bed. Well, that solved the problem of my tummy being angry with me. This should be one interesting meal.


Katrina was impatient to get the negotiations over with. Mentally, she calculated that the mountain base would be worth millions of dollars. As the transport was descending, she unbuckled herself from her chair, closed her datapad so that she could check her reflection. By the time that the ramp was being lowered she had smoothed her clothing, flicked her hair, took a deep breath and was ready to seek out the Captain to begin negotiations.

She stepped off purposefully to locate Luminae, she need not have bothered as he was standing at the foot of the ramp waiting.

"Ah, Captain Luminae, are you ready to begin with the negotiations?"

The Captain glanced at her and then looked up to the ramp, where the stretcher was emerging with it's latest patient, still knocked out. They pasted the Captain whom they only acknowledged with a nod and keep going to the infirmary. Luminae followed after them. Katrina frowned at the lack of respect his men had just shown him and trotted after the Captain.

"Captain?" Verses was he or wasn't he ready for negotiations?

"Miss Walker, the negotiations will begin in an hour." Luminae didn't even stop following the stretcher as he answered her. "I have arranged a meal before hand for all of us in the infirmary, which will be ready in half an hour."

"All of us?" Who the heck else was coming? The whole company?

"Yes," he stopped then to face her. "you, Vin and I will be dining prior to the negotiations. Now if you will excuse me." He whirled then to continue on to the infirmary.

Katrina stood there like a stunned mullet ("stunned mullet" an aussie expression. A mullet is a fish and obviously stunned well you get the picture). She had fully expected to be taken directly to a room to begin the negotiations and now not only was she apparently not to start negotiations immediately, but Vin was to be there as well. He had managed to combine both the compensation/trial/hearing of Jenna with her reward negotiations and a meal to boot.

She was not prepared for this. Has he done this deliberately to thrown me off? Get some more leverage? Well! I guess I had best be prepared then. Then Katrina's stomache grumbled painfully. She was so engrossed in trying to get the systems at the mountain base online that she had forgotten to eat. She checked her watch. I guess I could eat ... after I have freshened up a little to be more presentable.

Katrina briefly noted that Aliya was in her bunk still sleeping soundly, despite the noise that she was making tossing her gear off and rummaging through what was left of her personal items for a new outfit. She quickly had a shower to wash off all the dust and cursed herself that she didn't order the remaining men to clean up the base from the ages old filth to make it more appealing. Oh well. I will have to remember that in future, when I discover more of the old UN stuff. She zipped up one of her new outfits and checked herself out in the mirror. Not too bad, business-like and yet provocative enough.

Her outfit was a navy blue cargo and jacket combination in heavy cotton and real leather. To the average worker it was obviously some designer's attempt to make his clients look like they might actually work for a living. It was cut to fit the figure in all the wrong ways to be practical, but in all the right ways to display her figure underneath whilst not being too obvious.

As Katrina made her way to the infirmary she mentally went through her list of demands. She increased the price that she was asking by a few hundred thousand dollars. For the inconvenience. Katrina justified to herself as she approached the infirmary. She saw that Vin was already sitting up expectantly. She went to stand next to Vin's bed, noting Jenna's prone body in the next bed.

"So you are awake then?" she crossed her arms studying Vin, trying to work out if she could use her condition for more leverage.


Vin grinned at Katrina's ability at stating the obvious and gestured to the seat next to her bed. She saw Katrina hesitate. I guess the power play has already begun. She had guessed that having her sit in on the negotiations between Katrina and the Captain would serve to at least make Katrina a little uncertain. Katrina sat down stiffly.

"So. You are fine then?"

"Well, as much as I can be with all that has happened to me."

Katrina was again silent obviously thinking long and hard about the negotiations. She was about to say something when Brother Sky one of the Inuku came in. Vin's eyes lit up.

"Brother Sky!"

"Sister!" He came around to the other side of Vin's bed, leant in and touched his forehead to hers. They stayed like that for a few seconds looking into each other's eyes and then the Inuku straightened. He then proceeded to haul something large and furry over the side of the bed. "Sister, It was close, but we managed to save the skin of the Diwuf."

Brother Sky proudly and gentle spread the pelt of the large wolf-like creature that Vin had killed over her legs for her to inspect. Running her hand through it, she marvelled at how soft it now was and there wasn't any sign of blood on it.

"The Elder said that it indeed a worthy kill. I have taken the liberty of making a cloak of it for you." She only now noticed that indeed it had been made into a cloak, though it had no lining.

"Thank you my dear Brother Sky." Vin replied demurely as she clasped his hand in gratitude. It was indeed an honour to be able to have any clothing that was made by him. Brother Sky was the most famous Inuku in his tribe in creating clothing out of animal skins. He proceeded to carefully fold it in half so that the insides touched each other completely. Then rolled it tightly and bound it with a long strip of leather.

"It is still curing and will take a while to be properly settled. The longer you can leave it the better." The then grabbed a bag and looked uncertain. Brother Sky then started to spread out more bits of skin from the diwuf over Vin, like a merchant setting out his wares. "There was quite a bit left and I was not at all sure what you would want to do with them."

Katrina was agape at all the bits of fur Vin was almost buried in. In fact, she looked a little bit put out. Vin caught her eyes and minutely shook her head. This was a part of a ceremony of sort for the Inuku. Tested warriors who brought home a kill had clothes make out of them, keeping all the best bits really and redistributed the rest among their tribe. Though she technically didn't bring back anything edible, which was usual, it was her first predator kill. She looked at the bits of fur spread over her legs.

Her cloak was made with the more rough topside of the diwuf's skin. The softer underbelly was still unused, as was the tail, paws and legs. The head had the skull taken out and made into a hood, and the skull was also on the bed. It was really rather more than she would use.

"Brother, I have only need of this piece, " she indicated to the soft pelt from the underbelly. "So that I may have something on which to lie. Please feel free to spread the blessings of the diwuf as is most needed."

Brother Sky nodded. He already had in mind a family in the tribe who had lost their hunter and could do with some blessings to protect their offspring. He quickly gathered up all the skins.

"Brother Luminae will be here soon for the meal. I will put these away for you and gather the food." He touched foreheads with Vin again before walking out briskly, not even glancing in Katrina's direction. Katrina harrumphed at this.

"HE is in charge of getting our meal?" Katrina looked after the "ice ape" in slight distaste. Vin was amused at Katrina's dislike of the Inuku.

"Yes, and he is an excellent cook, Katrina."

"No doubt."

Katrina was once again silent. Vin wondered at what was going through Katrinas mind. Since she didn't want to share Vin turned her mind to what she had sensed before she blacked out before and what she should do about it. They sat there silent for a few minutes. Katrina seemed about to speak when Brother Sky came back a yoke over his shoulders, with containers suspended from each end.

He set these down when he reached the end of her bed. Looking a little perturbed he cast a questioning look at Vin. There were no other tables in the infirmary, so Vin moved her injured leg to one side and tuck the other one in closer to her body, leaving a large space at the end of the bed. Still ignoring Katrina he then proceeded to unpack various containers of steaming food, laying them over a piece of what looked like cloth to protect the blankets of the bed. Brother Sky was just placing some irregular off white bowls in place, when Captain Luminae appeared.

"Ah, right on time, Brother." Brother Sky smiled, showing his long canines at Luminae. Luminae nodded to the Inuku, "Brother Sky, thank you."

The Inuku nodded and left taking the yoke and the containers with him. Captain Luminae brought over the other seat next to Jenna's bed to place it opposite Katrina's and in so doing, pulled the curtain across as if in an effort to his Jenna form our discussions. No sooner did Captain Luminae start to seat himself than Katrina spoke.

"Right! Now that we are alone, as it were, can we begin the negotiations?"


"Try these, Miss Walker. They are an Inuku delicacy." Captain Luminae deftly moved the hot bright green ball to the bowl in front of Katrina. So he wants to play it like that does he? Katrina fumed internally at what seemed like the continual delays in starting the negotiations. Well, I gained the very highest merit at the FPA's best university in diplomacy. I am NOT going to let some back water Captain get the better of me. so she blew gently on the strange green ball too cool it down a little before taking a small nibble.

It had a rather strong flavour, slightly sweet, but still meaty at the same time. She toyed with the small piece that she had trying to decide what it most tasted like. She watched at both Vin and Luminae tucked into to the meal that the "ice ape" had brought them. They did not gulp the food down, rather they savoured eat bite. She swallowed the small bite that she had and started to place some more of the food into her bowl so that she could consume them as appeared to be the etiquette.

Luminae saw this and nodded his approval and in spite of herself, Katrina felt happy that she was doing something right. So they ate and commented on the taste of various dishes, declaring which ones each should try, if they have yet to try it or what they thought. Most of the food tasted fine and Luminae was right about those strange green balls. She made a mental note to ask Luminae later about them. Perhaps later on, when the planet gets released for commerce she could start exporting them or at least find out how they are produced to so that she could make more money.

Katrina didn't eat much, just enough to be polite. She didn't want to be caught off her guard again with Luminae. He had a habit of doing that in the most unexpected ways and she didn't like it one bit. Finally, the Captain seemed to have finished eating and he and Vin started gathering up the containers into a neat pile. Humpf! Why are they cleaning up, shouldn't that ice ape be doing this? SIGH! The things I do. She also piled up the containers nearest to her as well as her own irregular bowl.

"Miss Walker, Miss Tavrog, the reason that I have asked for this negotiation and trial to be together is because I believe that we can all reach a mutually beneficial decision as the issues are related."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.