Haunted by the Past
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2009 by bryans_woman

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 15 - Charles and Diana Richards sense trouble looming on their horizon as they return from their Las Vegas wedding and honeymoon. But neither of them were prepared for the pain that arises because of Diana's troubled past. They struggle to get through it with the help of her three girlfriends, who also get their chances at true love because of this tragedy and sheer happenstance. Just when things start to look up, the past returns to haunt them again...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   Tear Jerker   Extra Sensory Perception   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting  

Just before eight o'clock, Agents Charles Richards and Tom Seldon and Assistant Director Peter Woods were getting ready to leave the FBI office in Los Angeles to head to the Richards' residence.

Charles suddenly felt a wrenching twist in his gut and heard the sound of his wife Diana's voice screaming his name inside his head.

Almost at the exact same moment, the phone at the front desk of the office rang. One of the evening duty personnel answered it.

"Agent Richards, it's for you. Detective Jonathan North."

Charles took the phone ... already knowing he wasn't going to like what Jon had to tell him.

"Charles, I just had a call from the other precinct. The patrol unit assigned to your house just radioed in. Hood is there ... inside the house. He must've broken in earlier today and was waiting inside. I'm headed there myself as soon as I have Rick's precinct radio him and let him know what's going on. We'll meet you there as soon as we can!"

"Right. Tom and I are on our way there now. We'll see you soon. Thanks. Bye, Jon." Charles hung up the phone and explained to Tom and Peter Woods.

Woods said, "I'll round up a couple more agents and head there as soon as we can!"

Charles drove like a bat out of hell, arriving at the road he lived on in Brentwood in half the time it normally took. But they couldn't get to the house. Police cars already had the road in front of his house blocked off. He parked and they got out of their car and started toward the house.

A couple of police officers immediately moved toward them. "Hold it right there, gentlemen. You can't go any further. We've got a situation going on right now and we can't let anyone past this point. Please return to your vehicle and vacate the area."

Charles shrugged the officer's hand off of his arm and gritted through his teeth, "That's my house officer! Both of our wives are inside with the bastard who attacked my wife months ago! We're not going anywhere! Who's the officer in charge here? I want to speak to him!"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Richards. I didn't realize who you were. Detective Thompson is in charge until Captain Nelson arrives. He's right over there."

The officer indicated with a wave of his arm as he let Charles and Tom pass.

"Detective Thompson, I'm FBI Special Agent Richards and this is Agent Seldon. We've been notified that this is a hostage situation. The FBI will be taking over now. We'd appreciate it if you'd give us an update."

Charles and Tom flashed their badges at the man, hoping he had no idea who they really were.

Detective Thompson raised his eyebrows. "Well ... your arrival is certainly faster than we've ever experienced before. Kind of like a miracle, I'd say, seeing as how we haven't even had a chance to phone it in to the FBI yet. Just who are you two and what business do you have being here?"

Charles took a deep breath and exhaled raggedly. "Look, this is my house. Our wives are inside along with the wives of two other L.A.P.D. officers. We're not going to just stand around and wait while a bunch of bureaucrats argue over the best way to handle the situation! The bastard has already proven that he's a dangerous man. I don't think he's going to listen to reason and just let our wives go ... especially not my wife! He's already attacked her once and I'm not going to let him get the chance to do it again ... or possibly worse!

"Now, if you'll cooperate with us and have your personnel act as backup, we'd appreciate you letting us handle it. Agent Seldon here has reconnaissance and combat training and he'd be more than capable of coming up with a rescue plan. Now, will you help us or not?"

"Officers Daniels and Douglas ... would you come over here for a moment, please?" Detective Thompson paused as the two officers he'd summoned approached. "Would you please escort these gentlemen back behind the established perimeter and make sure that they don't try to interfere in the situation any further! And will someone find out where Captain Nelson is and how soon until he gets here?!"

"You bastard..." Charles muttered under his breath at Detective Thompson as Officer Douglas indicated for him to move.

Charles and Tom both threw daggered looks at the man as they walked away.

"So, what the fuck do we do now?" Charles quietly asked Tom.

"I'm thinking. I'm thinking. Just give me a few minutes. Maybe when Jon and Rick get here we'll have better luck since they're L.A.P.D. Maybe they'll give them a little more leeway and they can convince them to let us handle things!" Tom said quietly as he paced back and forth.

A few minutes later, Jon and Rick both arrived and were even more upset when they were told by Thompson to stay out of it because of their personal involvement.

All four men were stalking on the sidelines like caged tigers when Peter Woods and a couple other agents arrived.

In front of the other police officers, Woods did his best to try to make the men understand that it was policy not to let any officer or agent be involved in situations that affected them personally. It only made sense to let non-interested parties deal with the perpetrator so they wouldn't say anything to provoke him.

Then Woods took the four men aside for a moment. "Look ... let me work with the police so they can play their little power game out here and get that bastard preoccupied with thinking that we'll negotiate. While they're doing that, you guys come up with some way to take the bastard out. I don't care how you do it ... just come up with something! I'll keep things dragging out as long as I can! Now, go on! Just try to get a signal to me somehow when you're ready to move!"

Woods slapped Tom and Charles on the shoulders and headed back over to where Detective Thompson was briefing Captain Nelson, who had finally arrived.

Woods told Thompson, "You won't have to worry about my agents trying to interfere any longer. I've calmed Richards and Seldon, but it's up to you guys to make North and Estevez do the same."

Detective Thompson snorted shortly. "Don't worry. They've been warned to stay out of it."

Woods bit his tongue to keep from muttering what he thought of Thompson's attitude. You self-righteous asshole...

Charles heard one of the patrol officers mention that the perp must've gained entry through the back of the house somehow.

The only way they were going to have any hope of getting to the bastard would be through the backyard. But how would they get into the backyard without alerting him to their presence? There must be a way...

Charles told the others his idea and they all started coming up with plans and options to make it work.


"Diana Maitland Richards, you will now state 'guilty' as I read off the list of your sexual offenses in front of these witnesses. Do you understand?"

Diana nodded numbly. Ed Hood shouted, "Answer the court out loud! Do you understand?"

"Yes," she half whispered and half croaked through her dry mouth.

"Are you guilty or not guilty of engaging in a sexual act with a man in an alley outside of a bar in the Venice area at around ten o'clock on the night of June 11, 1950?"

Diana's eyes widened. That was the first time she'd picked up a man after Robert Clark had taken her virginity just over a year earlier.

He'd witnessed that? He'd been following her ever since?!!

She licked her dry lips with her cottony tongue and swallowed even though there was no moisture in her mouth. "Guilty," she croaked quietly.

Her eyes went vacant as Hood rattled off every single place, time and date that she'd picked up a strange man for a one-time encounter. She numbly murmured "guilty" each time he paused to stare at her with anger and hatred.

Hood jerked in surprise when Lynda Seldon suddenly jumped up and screamed at him, "STOP IT!!! Why are you putting her through this? Why does it matter to you? What is she to you any way?"

Barbara North reached up and grabbed Lynda's arm to stop her and make her sit down again.

"SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP, BITCH!!! I'm not finished yet! As soon as I've finished, I'll explain why all this matters and what she means to me! Now, where was I? Oh, yes. I believe the last time was just a few months before you met me. March 12, 1955 at around 10:20 outside a bar in Santa Monica in the back seat of a '53 Caddy ... nice car. How do you plead?"

"Guilty as charged ... on all counts. I'll plead to whatever you want me to ... just let my friends go! They haven't done anything to you. Please ... just let them go!" Diana pleaded as tears welled in her eyes.

Hood stated plainly, "I'm not going to hurt your friends. They haven't done anything to deserve being punished for ... other than being friends with you! I just want them to witness what it takes to truly redeem your own soul and that of another person ... if you can make them see the error of their ways.

"You see I, too, have committed sins of a sexual nature. I let my own mother seduce me with her wicked ways. She lured me into her bed when I was only fourteen years old and I didn't have the strength to turn away from her and condemn her for the wicked woman that she is..."

He frowned sadly. "She's my mother ... she's the only person I've ever had that loved me...

His frown turned angry. "As I got older, I finally understood how wicked my mother is. She was a loose woman ... she seduced every man she ever came in contact with. Only one man was stupid enough to marry her and it didn't take him long to figure out his mistake. She could never get another man to marry her because they knew she wouldn't be faithful to them. They all left her because they'd come home and find her in bed with someone else!

"Then she'd come crying to me for comfort...

"I finally realized that the only way I could atone for my part in her sinful downfall was to find a woman like my mother and make her see the error of her ways! But you didn't even give me the chance to make you realize that by giving yourself to me and making a life with me, it would've redeemed both our souls! I could've made you love me and you would've saved me from my wicked mother!

"Don't you see? You were meant to be MY soul mate ... not HIS ... not your husband, I mean! You're only putting his soul at risk because you're not worthy of him! See? You do understand..." Ed Hood finished quietly when Diana burst into tears of remorse.

Suddenly, there was a loud voice from outside the front of the house. "Edward Hood ... this is Captain Henry Nelson of the L.A.P.D. We have the house surrounded. We found your vehicle where you left it ... you have no means of escape! You need to release those women unharmed or come out with your hands up! We'll give you one minute to give us an answer!"

Hood laughed insanely. "Oh, for crying out loud! How stupid do they think I am! They can't have the house surrounded ... there's no access to the backyard from anywhere near here! And I would've seen them coming through the woods with flashlights, but I've kept my eyes on the backyard ... there's no one out there! And I didn't really think I was going to get out of this at the end any way, so I don't need a means of escape!"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.