Battlemage: Book 4 - the Red Dragon - Cover

Battlemage: Book 4 - the Red Dragon

Copyright© 2009 by Risq

Chapter 3

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Aric's daughter Rayne has enjoyed being a young Battlemage, even while she is aware of the trouble it may eventually bring her. Even though she is just as powerful as her siblings, she is starting to yearn for the slower pace of life they both enjoy. But does she really want to walk away? Will the lure and rush of power keep pulling her to fight? Is there anything that could possibly make her ever want stop being a Battlemage?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Cheating   Slow  

"Hey Anne-Marie, what's up?" asked Rayne as she dropped into a chair across from the guild master crossing her legs out in front of her.

"Rayne how was your visit with your family?" asked Anne-Marie smiling.

"Great. Those two knuckleheads are still stirring up the family and they are still getting into trouble. And Jaden has something over on his wife now, but it's only a matter of time before I figure it out," said Rayne as she smiled.

As she talked on, Anne-Marie noticed that she seemed lost in thought, and wistfully smiled from time to time. She also noticed that Rayne had been doing that more and more as she talked about her family.

"Yep I'm making the right decision. I hate to lose her, but I believe it's about time," thought Anne-Marie.

As Rayne wound down Anne-Marie just looked at her.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to ramble. What can I do for you?" asked Rayne.

"Ray we have a request for a bodyguard for a VIP. He's a well known Architect to all of the rich and famous. And he has had a few attempts at his life in the past. He has contacted the guild, and asked for the very best to protect him, until he has finished his latest project. He mentioned that after he finishes he's going to retire. But the project will take about a season. Season and a half at the outside," said Anne-Marie as she watched Rayne.

"Ok, let me look over the guild roster of who's available and I'll have a couple names sent to you for consideration," said Rayne.

As First Blade she still had the responsibility for managing the guild troops.

"Rayne, I have already made my decision. You will be the one I send to protect him. I have already accepted for you," said Anne-Marie slowly.

"WHAT!! Me! Why me? I am needed here! There are so many others we can send. Why shouldn't I present their names?" asked Rayne.

She was getting aggravated to have this taken out of her hands.

"Rayne this is a VIP. Having his endorsement can help the guild immeasurably. Also he said he needed the best. We promised that we would send no less than the best to help him. You are the best. And he already paid extremely well for your services for the season. Four times the normal rate," said Anne-Marie.

"But why do I need to go baby sit some pompous rich ass old fart!? We could use any of the first season recruits for that. Or even some of the second or third seasons. Most of them are coming along nicely under my tutelage," pleaded Rayne.

"You aren't saying to me that you won't follow my order, are you?" asked Anne-Marie slowly while raising a single eyebrow.

"No, MA'AM!" said Rayne smartly, clearly with her green eyes flashing in anger.

"Is that all you need from me?" asked Rayne very stiffly.

"No take a couple days off and prepare for your journey," said Anne-Marie wearily.

"No. The sooner I start this banishment the faster I can get it over with," said Rayne rising quickly as she headed out the door.

As Rayne went out the door, slamming it hard behind her, Anne-Marie just leaned forward on her desk with her head resting on her closed fist in front of her.

She watched the events play out just as she knew they would.

"I'm so sorry Rayne, but this is what you needed. If this isn't what you want, you'll be back. But if it is, and I truly believe it is, then I believe that you will find the happiness you have wanted for so long. I have to make you face it whether you want me to or not," said Anne-Marie under her breath.

Anne-Marie hated to lose Rayne ever, because it was Rayne that opened the door to making the guild so well known through out the continent.

But she was like a daughter to her and she only wanted Rayne to be happy with her life no matter what direction it took.


As Rayne stomped through the guild, she headed for the assignment board to see where she was going.

Taking down the sheet, she read the assignment that was under her name, and she saw the name of the client for the first time.

"His name is Mattholomew Spencer? What kind of name is that? I bet he's a hundred and just as arrogant as his name suggest. He's got to be some rich prick that will try to get any woman in his bed as soon as he sees them.

"And I'll have to fend him off for the whole freaking season. I better be prepared to hurt a few people again with him around so he knows not to try and push the issue," thought Rayne darkly.

"Hey, what's up sunshine? When did you get back?" asked Cassie cheerfully as she passed by Rayne.

"Just FUCKING NOW and it seems that I'm headed BACK OUT!" said Rayne heatedly.

"Whoa, there girl. Did I piss in your bed last night or something? Why are you out to get me?" asked Cassie as she held up both her hands in front of her.

Rayne sighed, losing some of her anger in the process.

"It's not you and I'm really sorry I said that to you. Anne-Marie is sending me out on a bodyguard mission," said Rayne.

"What? You? Why you? Why not any of the other members? A Blade as a Bodyguard? Is it for a King of a large empire or something?" asked Cassie with shock.

"No it's for an Architect named Mattholomew Spencer or something in Galicia," said Rayne dismissively.

"Wow that's a mouthful. I hope he's not all handsy. I'd hate for this client to get killed by you the first day. That will make the guild look bad if we have to refund his money and pay off his burial expenses. But please leave him identifiable if you do," laughed Cassie.

Before Rayne knew it she was laughing too.

"Thanks Cas, I needed that. Well let me get this over with so I can get back to my duties. I'll be gone about a season it seems," said Rayne.

"A SEASON! YOU ARE FREAKING KIDDING ME!" said Cassie loudly. "IS ANNE-MARIE NUTS!"

"Shhhhh, no. She said that we were contracted and we have to fulfill it as the guy paid extremely well in advance for the season. So try not to burn down the guild while I'm gone ok?" asked Rayne.

She tried to smile in good humor, but she just wasn't feeling it.

"You take care too" said Cassie as they hugged.

Rayne turned and headed back out the door. Her horse was already groomed, brushed, and fed. It would take her several weeks to make it to the kingdom where this Mattholomew Spencer lived. She was dreading the time she had to deal with the old fart already.


As Rayne rode up to the site she saw a lone figure in the distance digging in the ground.

It had taken her four weeks of hard riding, barely stopping for anything, to get to this area. She didn't want to be here, but she didn't want to reflect badly on the guild by taking too long to start her assignment either.

"I wonder if that field hand over there can tell me where this "Architect" is supposed to be. Man I hate dealing with those rich pompous asses. They always act like I should jump in their beds because they paid for my time to work for them. Like being their personal whore is part of the job for me. I can't wait for this job to be over," thought Rayne as she rode the horse up to the man.

As she got closer she saw that he wasn't built too badly. He had more muscle than the average man, but not much more than any good Farm hand would have had either.

After having a father and two younger brothers that were larger than life, a lot of muscle on a man didn't really impress her much. But she did notice that he didn't seem to have any fat on him. And he was clearly someone that was used to working with his hands.

But for some reason this man seemed different than average. He was obviously bigger than she was in physical size, but again she was used to seeing much larger than him. But she did like his nice trim waistline. And his wide back that made it look more pronounced.

As he worked, he moved with a sure determination while he dug into the ground. He used the shovel with long practice strokes, which said this was something he did regularly and was good at it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.