Reluctantly to Mars
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2009 by sam177

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 8 - A shy nearly reclusive librarian winds up as a very public figure as a crewmember of the first crewed mission to Mars. Not only does she have to deal with unwanted publicity, but theres also other surprises waiting for her. Codes will be updated when I get there in the story.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Reluctant   Science Fiction   Space  

"Hi Sam how are you doing?" Elizabeth asked nearly a week after the test had begun.

"Okay I guess. How are you?"

Several minutes later, Elizabeth smiled as she waited for the timer to run down, simulating the distance it took the message to travel back and forth between Huston and the ship. Finally, when the clock ran down, she said, "I'm fine thanks. I have to thank you for all the contributions you've made as well as pass along the thanks of many others"

"You do? Why? What did I do?"

Elizabeth smiled at the confused look on Samantha face. "Let's take your complaint about there not being any chocolate milk for starters. It turns out that it's just a simple over site. Nobody thought to include it before or to ask for it. After you brought it to our attention however we asked around and quite a few people like chocolate milk. A few even asked for different flavors. Even as we speak a case of several different flavors is being loaded onto the shuttle for it's next supply trip.

A few minutes later Samantha's eyes widened in surprise. "Really? They're sending chocolate milk just because I asked why they didn't have any?"

"Yes they are and I have "Thank you" s and compliments from twenty-eight people in space and on the moon for it"

Samantha's eyes got even wider. "Really?" she asked in total disbelief. "But I didn't do anything"

"You asked Sam. No one else did. That's why it wasn't included before. They also thank you for the increase in library selections"

Elizabeth smiled when Samantha blushed. A couple days after bringing up the lack of chocolate milk she brought up the missing genres in the ships library. She'd been reluctant to bring it up but Elizabeth could see she was frustrated about something and she could tell it wasn't about going into the stasis chamber. Although that frustrated her too but in a different way.

Finally after a lot of reassurance that she wouldn't get into trouble Samantha said, "Well ... it's just that ... you're sure I get into any trouble?"

"I'm sure Sam" Elizabeth said reassuringly.

"No one else will either?"

Elizabeth shook her head.

"Kay ... well ... it's just that the library is supposed to have everything that's been digitized ... right?"

"Yes, that's right Sam"

Not only was everything book and video that had been digitized in the USA included in the ships library but many other countries had made contributions as well.

"um ... well ... I can't find any anime" Samantha finished all in a rush, her face a bright red.

"What?" Elizabeth asked surprised.

"I can't find any anime videos. Or G rated movies or old classic TV shows"

"But Sam those are for kids"

"Not necessarily." Samantha denied. "A lot of anime are written for adults. Some of TV shows are too, like McKale's Army and Logan's Heros. Besides even if they are for kids, doesn't mean adults can't enjoy them too. I can't think of anyone who didn't like watching the little mini cooper gather all the other the little mini coopers in the city to chase off that mean developer who was trying to wreck the little old lady's police station. Or what if I wanted to watch Black Rayne and the Seven Gnomes? OR what if ... huh?"

Samantha stopped at Elizabeth's laughter.

"You've made your point Sam. I'll see what I can do" She said with a wide smile.

After that talk, not only had the viewing selections been increased but they'd added children's and young adult books as well. Several of the astronauts and cosmonauts had been thrilled to reread the books that had inspired them to go into space flight in the first place for the first time in years. They'd all ended up having a long discussion about it.

The additional viewing materials were also a big hit. Most had been able to use watch movies and TV shows through satellite transmissions and internet downloads but having them available made life much easier and freed up the transmission lines for other things.

Almost over looked were the children's books. While most barely acknowledged the children's books one astronaut on the moon was glad to see them. She ended up announcing her pregnancy while she said so, much to her and everyone else's surprise and joy.

As Elizabeth told her that Samantha just stared in open mouthed shock. She had no idea that just a little request could have such a profound effect.

"I did all that?"

"Yes you did,"

"In fact," Elizabeth continued, "She asked me to give you her thanks personally and asked it you'd be her child's honorary librarian?"

"Oh my," Samantha whispered when she could speak. "She did?"

"Yes she did. Elizabeth told her smiling. "Should I tell Louise that you accept?"

"Huh? Oh! Sure! I mean I'd be honored. Uh ... what does an honorary librarian do?"

Elizabeth laughed. "I assume recommend books and videos she might like"

"Oh ... but I don't know what kids like now days"

"I'm sure you know more than you realize Sam"

"Uh ... kay?" Samantha replied not really convinced.

Elizabeth smiled at her again. "Don't worry Sam. I'm sure you'll do great. I've also been asked by the engineers here and at Meitag to give you their thanks as well"

"Why?" Samantha asked mystified.

"You gave them the idea on how to build a sonic washer. Apparently the prototype worked and they're working on getting an improved working model done in time for the ships launch"

"Wow! Really?"

"Yes Sam. Really" Elizabeth said still smiling. She chose not to tell Samantha that initially she'd received a lot of flack by her competitors about Samantha's 'complaint's' but since everyone else had reacted so favorable to them along with the increased moral even they had grudgingly admitted they were good ideas. She'd even received a compliment from the director of NSAA himself for bringing in outside help to see things with fresh eyes.

"Even if she doesn't pass the isolation test her contributions already have been incalculable," he'd said to her.

Still smiling Elizabeth said, "Before we start going over your cabin readings do you have any other questions for us?"

"Uh ... well ... just one I guess"

"Shoot"

"Um ... why is it taking so long between when I say something and when you reply back?"

Elizabeth stared at Samantha for a few moments and then burst out laughing. "I'm sorry Sam. I'm not laughing at you," She said getting her laughter under control. "The answer is you're in deep space heading away from Earth remember? The further you go the longer it takes the signals to get back and forth"

Initially hurt by Elizabeth's laughter Samantha blinked at her explanation. Blushing she replied, "Oh ... yeah. D'uh"

Elizabeth grinned. "OK Sam. Let's get to work, shall we?"

After they'd completed that task Elizabeth said, " OK Sam now that we've got your cabin's instrument readings out of the way we need you to go do and give us the stasis readings"

Samantha frowned. "Do I have to?"

"I'm afraid so"

"I don't like going down there.

"I know it's a bit spooky Sam but there's nothing to be scared of."

"OH! No it isn't that. Well it is but ... um ... never mind!" Samantha quickly added turned bright red.

"What is it?" Elizabeth asked concealing her amusement and fear.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.