Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2 - Cover

Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 6

Merlin.

Merlin was pacing back and fort in the cabin, Jen sat there watching him.

"Why don't you go see whats going on?" Jen asked.

"Because I promised to protect you." Merlin said.

He was pacing because he could feel the fabric of the world breaking, he could feel massive amounts of arcane energies being tossed about.

"Well I am safe right?" Jen said.

"Yes yes, no one, or nothing can get you here." Merlin said.

"Well why don't you go find Idin and see whats going on." Jen said.

"I can't I made a promise." Merlin said.

"Yeah and just visiting real quick and coming back wouldn't hurt." Jen said.

"Your right it wouldn't" Merlin said.

"Kay bring back some Italian on the way back" Jen said from the couch.

"Don't go anywhere." Merlin said as he flashed away.

"where would I go?" Jen said shaking her head.

Phil.

"Yes sir, I know your retired, but you saw that Dragon, trust me it is the first of many, San Diego will fall, followed by the west cost, you need to call in every favor, everything you have" Phil was saying.

"Honey look at this" Sunny said.

Phil looked at the tv, it looked like a giant octopus was wrapping around the Air Craft Carrier in the harbor.

"General sir you see that, its a Fucking Cracken eating the USS Midway." Phil yelled into the phone.

"Yes sir, thank you sir." Phill hung up.

"What did he say?" Sunny asked.

"He said he will call the President." Phil said.

"Cool, I wonder whats he like." Sunny said.

"Who the president?" Phil asked.

Sunny was staring at the screen.

"No the Cracken, I love calamari." Sunny said.

Alpha and his wolves ran the streets, it was chaos, people ran everywhere, they had already taken down a large serpent creature, it had tasted unnatural, they followed the scent to warehouses in the distances, they all stopped as the heard a baying of a hound.

Alpha looked at his fellow wolves as a 20ft tall three head hound came into view, the wolves all looked at each other and shrugged, they all charged at once, moving around its feet and leaping at it, one of his pack was bitten in half as the creature lounged, they struggled and fought neither was winning.

The roar of the Jaguars filled the air and Alpha saw them running on top of roofs, one by one they all jumped to the street and joined the fray, now the battle was really on, the wolves and jaguars had to retreat as a 2nd three headed dog had joined the fray, they could not get near the warehouses.

Iraq.

Merlin flashed into the middle of a cement slab, sitting in front of him was both Idin and Morgana, he looked around at the layout of the site, it was familiar to him.

"Idin what is all this?" Merlin asked.

"You are supposed to be guarding my wife." Idin said.

"She is fine and safe in a pocket dimension." Merlin said looking around.

"And if you die old man out here who will get her back?" Idin said.

"Well that is a point, ill try not to die, what is all this Idin?" Merlin asked.

"Its a containment platform." Morgana said not opening her eyes.

"TO contain what?" Merlin asked.

"You don't feel it? The power leaking from here, the portal is open." Idin said.

"Yeah I feel it, the whole world if going to hell Idin, what are you doing sitting around." Merlin said.

"Dad we are going to seal the portal forever." Morgana said.

"And how do you plan to do that from here?" Merlin asked.

"This is the source of everything, this is where the first fell and the creator locked the door, right here." Idin said.

Merlin shook his head.

"That doesn't answer how." Merlin crossed his arms.

"With the magic of the celestial, the oldest kind of magic." Idin said still meditating

"No that is way to dangerous, no one even knows how." Merlin said yelling.

"I do." Idin said opening his eyes they glowed green.

Merlin just started.

"Your serious." Merlin asked.

"Yes." Idin said.

"Bring me the sword Merlin, I am almost ready, and protect my wife and child Merlin." Idin said.

"I ... I will." Merlin said.

"Swear to it." Idin said.

Merlin pressed his hand to his chest and bowed.

"I swear." Merlin said, "I swear that me and my line will protect you and yours forever."

Merlin flashed and was gone, Morgana had a grin on her lips at her dads wording.

Sunny was gathering reports left and right, she was hovering over the map compiling reports, trying to send her forces where they needed them the most, the news was filled with stories of the mysterious saviors who fought for the humans.

"Honey something big is flying above down town, the Mages say its another dragon, can you go help?" Sunny asked.

"Sure, why not." Phil said.

The Battle of San Diego.

The new's reports didn't know what to make of it, the Governor had declared martial law, the sky above San Diego was blackened out, the national guard was engaging in battles with mythical creatures through out the streets of San Diego, Dragons, Gargoyles, Zombies, Hell Hounds all roamed the street killing any mortal they met.

The navy had arrived and was trying to target the larger creatures from the battle ships, they had defeated the Cracken and sank the midway in the process, Air force f-22's chased smaller dragons and gargoyles in the sky, the lost of life continued to grow.

Through out it all there was reports of heroes coming to aid the troops and citizens, groups of people who moved faster than any human could, stronger too, some shot fire and brimstone from staffs, through out all the darkness points of light shone through, there where safe zones guarded by giant wolves and panthers, no one knew what to make of it, they only knew some of these beast helped them live.

A national guard group was being assaulted by what could only be called a dragon, it swept down and plucked at the troops one by one, their assault rifles did nothing to it, they fired RPG's but the thing would dodge them all.

"Well here goes nothing." Phil yelled as he jumped from the top of a nearby building.

Phil landed on top of the dragon, he landed on one of its wings, he reached over and gripped its base, with all his strength he ripped, the wing tore free with a sickening thump, him and the dragon fell to the ground below. Once he hit he rolled free and jumped again at the dragon tearing into its hide, the troops saw his attack and opened fire, careful to avoid him as they aimed for the things head.

A mixed group of sisters and sons tore through a legion of zombies, by their side a group of Police officers and National Guard troops fired, every now and than the leader of the group caught the worried look on one of the Officers faces.

"Don't worry we don't bite ... much" He yelled as he attacked another zombie and tore it limb from limb.

The daughters weaved through the zombie horde making a path for the troops to finish off any that remained.

Alpha and a group of the Sons of he didn't care which, stalked the sewers, they had tracked a large serpent below, they had been trying to make it to the warehouse when it had attacked, he sent a detachment of weres to go on, he was going to kill this thing.

he heard a scream as one of the son was devoured by the serpent.

"There you are." he thought as he charged the beast.

Morgana Sr. Stood casting spells at the gargoyles flying in the air, bring them down, her and three other mages stood guarding a camp of survivors who looked on amazed as the mages blasted fire at the beast.

"Hey check this out." Morgan Sr. said raising her staff.

"You shall not pass!" Morgan Sr Said as she slammed down her staff causing a wave of fire to spread and take out the rest of the Gargoyles.

The cheer went up behind her and she spun around and bowed.

Kei and Sunny were on board a Navy helicopter, along with Cora and her strike team, three other helicopters guided them into toward the warehouse district, two f-22's buzzed by them taking out the dragons that circled the area, She watched as the beast fell.

"Anytime now." Kei said.

"I ever mention I am afraid of heights." Sunny said looking down.

"No more than I." Cora said looking down.

Sharon.

The safe house she was in had been over run by ... by she didn't know what, she had grabbed her vest and gun and ran with one of the other cops guarding her.

"What the hell was that?" Jameson asked.

"Cerberus?" Sharon said as they leapt a fence.

"Cerberus, as in three head hell hound?" Jameson yelled.

They both heard three separate dogs barking in the distance.

"You know any other three headed dogs that bark fire?" Sharon said.

"Good point" Jameson said ducking down.

"I need to find my dad and his friends." Sharon said.

"I am sure your dad is rich and all, but I don't see how he can help us." Jameson said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.