Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2 - Cover

Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 5

Idin sat in his Mobile command center, he was deeping in meditation, his company stock had fell dramaticly, his investments still held value, and he had a large cash reserve around the world, he was pulling information from his own brain as he meditated, he had to recall things precisely, as he meditated his hand wrote out reams of information.

"How long as he been like that?" Morgana asked.

"Since he found out the security company was attacked." Kei Said looking worried.

"That was two days ago." Morgana said.

"Father knows what he is doing, he has never been defeated." Kei Said.

"Yes but he has had all he loves taken from his several times." Morgana said.

Kei winced at that.

"Not this time, I am here for him, I won't be taken again." Kei said.

"Where's Lillian and Sunny?" Morgana asked.

"They are hunting, Phil is guarding them, I am guarding you two." Kei said.

"Pfft, guarding me?" Morgana said.

The temperature in the room dropped, both of the girls looked toward Idin, when he opened his eyes the had taken on a faint glow, both Morgana and Kei stared in awe.

"Thats new." Morgana said.

"Morgana, you know how much information is in my head, you know how much I have kept from you, from all of you." Idin said shaking his head.

"Um yeah Dad is always talking about it, he says there are magics long lost that only you know about." Morgana said.

Idin nodded slowly.

"Morgana I want you to studied all that I have written down, go somewhere and practice it until you are ready or until I call you." Idin said standing.

Idin looked to both of them, his eyes dimmed, and he shook his head.

"I know who is stalking us Amrita." He said looking toward Kei.

"Who father?" Kei asked.

"The only true enemy we have ever had, the same one through out all time, he has used many fronts but always the same, it started with Cain and ended with Elise." Idin said.

Kei hissed at the mention of Cain.

"Abaddon the destroyer." Idin said

"I remember father." Kei said.

"We are going to Bāb-ilim " Idin said.

Kei flinched, she remembered the torture she had received the from Cain.

Idin held out his hand to her, Kei took it.

"We have much to do." Idin said.

In a flash they both disappeared, heading to Hillah Iraq.

Sharon

Detective Jones and Williams had been relegated to following up small leads for the FBI, most of it was worthless, they had gone to ever gun shop that sold the ammo used in the attacks, so far nothing.

"You think your Dad is okay?" Williams asked.

"He is fine, he lives through everything." Jones said.

"Yeah but Sharon, all his companies" Williams said.

"Hah, you think that's all he has, the man is a signer of the constitution for Christ sake trust me he has more" Sharon said smilling

"He what? Which one was he?" Williams said startled.

"I ain't telling you got to ask him." Sharon said

She heard a muffled impact and spun around to see Bobby fall to the floor, she dived down, crawling to her partner, she heard several impacts in the car, to her shock the bullets when right through, she moved ahead as more appeared.

"Bobby don't move stay there." she yelled.

Bob Williams was gurgling blood pouring out of his chest.

"Oh god." Sharon said as the shoots got near where she was.

She pulled her raido.

"Shots fired, officer down, trapped under cover." Sharon yelled

She looked over at Bob to see how bad he was, she recoiled, a large chunk of his chest was just gone, that was when impact hit her in the back, it through her to the floor, her face smacking the concrete, she couldn't take a breath, blackness overtook her.

Lillian, Sunny and Phil were scouting an national guard armory where the predator drone had been taken from, all three moved swiftly through the shadows along the fence line, Lillian stopped and held up her hand.

"Hello" She whispered.

"Phone call really, could of put it on hold?" Sunny said.

"Or turned it off" Phil said

"no ... no ... oh god Ill be right there." Lillian said hanging up her phone.

"Sharon and Bobby got ambushed, sniper both are shot, I ... I gotta go." Lillian said.

"We will come with you." Phil said.

"No find out what this guy is doing here or if he plans to come back, I can go to the hospital on my own." Lillian said, she blurred out of sight.

"Okay." Sunny said.

"Isn't Bobby her boyfriend?" Phil asked.

"Yeah." Sunny said looking after her sister

Cain.

"I told you not to kill the Daughter." The voice hissed.

"What does it matter, in the end they are all going to die." Cain said.

"It matters to draw it out, make him suffer" The voice said.

"Trust me he is suffering." Cain said.

"That is true, you have done well so far." The voice said.

"Whats with this cyborg you claim he has." Cain said.

"We don't know much, but I have seen it in action." The voice said.

"I doubt it can survive anti-tank weaponry." Cain said

"You picked up that stash I told you about, the medicine." The voice asked.

"Yes I did, and I am eager to use it." Cain said

Lillian ran to the hospital, leaping from roof top to roof top, when she got to the emergency room she sniffed out Sharon, who was surrounded by other officers questioning her, she answered as best she could, Lillian saw that her entire upper body was wrapped, and it didn't look like she could move. Lillian coughed and some of the officers turned to look at her, they all started to file out wishing Sharon a swift recovery.

Lillian walked in and noticed Sharon had been crying, it looked like they immobilized her so she couldn't move.

"What happen?" Lillian asked.

"Well it looks like Dad's vest can take a uranium depleted shell, he just needs to figure out how to bleed off all that impact energy, I hit the concrete so hard there is now a Sharon shaped crack on 5th street." Sharon coughed.

"Wheres Bobby, I can't smell him." Lillian asked.

Sharon started to cry.

"I'm sorry Lill." Sharon said through the tears.

Lillian nodded.

"Look in my jacket." Sharon said

Lillian walked over and looked through her jacked, finding a small box.

"Whats this?" Lillian asked frowning.

"Bobby gave it to me to hold for him." Sharon said.

Lillian started to cry as she opened the box, her eyes went red and her fangs extended.

"This shit stops now Sharon." Lillian hissed.

"Will you be safe here." Lillian said slipping the ring on her finger.

Sharon nodded.

"Blue wall, can't beat it, they are already reporting my death, and Ill be moved soon, no one will know but you, Lillian, that's why I had them call you." Sharon said.

"Good, you be safe, I have work to do." Lillian said leaving the room.

She picked up her cellphone.

"I want everyone here, I don't care the logistics of it, I was every Daughter, Son, Were and Mage on the council here and San Diego, we are locking this city down and we have a rat to hunt, we find him no matter what." She hissed and hung up the phone

When she made it to the hospital entrance she sighed and took a breath, she looked up at the sky, they would get this ass hole, and she would torture him for a long long time.

"Lillian?" A voice tentatively asked

She looked over to see a younger good looking Cop in uniform walk up to her with a small box.

"Sorry Ma'am, but I played poker with Bob, and he asked me once if anything ever happened to him to give you this." He said looking down.

She reached out to take it, tears forming in her eyes as she held the box her eyes darted up.

"Bob didn't play poker." She hissed and jumped at him as the dart hit her.

She fell on top of him, he gripped her and pulled her into a hug.

"Shhh shhh, Just a gift from your mother, a little colloidal silver and powerful tranq, just go to sleep" He said holding her like he was comforting her.

She tried to bite his neck but it was so difficult, she was being dragged to a cop car, she felt the silver cuffs being placed on her hands and ankles before she passed out.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.