Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2 - Cover

Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 2

Kei moved swiftly taking her opponent down to the mats, she had to stop herself from finishing him, her fist hovered by his nose, she shook her head and stood up bowing to him, she turned to face the class at the Dojo.

"That is how its done, now pair up and practice" Kei said helping her sparing partner up.

She walked through the ranks of students giving advice and correcting form, she had only been at this for two years and already her Sifu had suggested her teaching a self defense class, it was a good stress reliever for her, and the money helped.

"Okay class, dismissed." Kei said, the assembled students bowed to her and began filing out.

She watched her Sifu approach her.

"You've made much progress, every time I watch you I discover something new." Her Sifu said.

She nodded slowly.

"Like a duck to water." Kei said.

Her Sifu laughed.

"Your movements are still primitive and aggressive, but you incorporate what you learn fast." He said smiling.

"Thank you Sifu." Kei said.

"Hows the weapons practice going?" He asked.

"If you think that was good we should spar with me." Kei said grinning.

"No thanks, I still remember the last time." He said touching the scar on his cheek.

The first time she had come to the Dojo she had spotted the sword on the wall and had asked to practice with it, when he saw her movements he had been happy to spar with the swords, that was the last time he would, she had kind of snapped and they had fought rather seriously, he was so impressed that he took her under his wing, mostly he said so she could learn control.

"I have to get going, I have a night class." Kei said bowing to him.

"Good luck." He said smiling.

She left after a quick shower in the back, changing into her street clothes, she drove her battered VW to campus, finding parking she sighed, Professor Noah had only had an opening in her night class, she gladly had taken it, she gathered her back pack and left the car, walking swiftly she was paying attention and collided with a brick wall.

A brick wall that was 5'2 and rail thin, Kei fell to the floor looking up stunned, the Girl was ghostly beautiful, she was willowy with pale skin and blond hair that was almost white, her eyes where so blue they almost glowed, Kei froze startled, she looked like the people in her dreams.

"Omm gnmmb, imb soob sobby" The girl mumbled her mouth full of what looked like a twinkie.

Kei looked at the girls hand and confirmed it was as she was holding another unopened pack, she was so started she just stared at the girl who swallowed and helped her up, the girls movements flowed like water and she lifted her with no effort.

"Oh sorry, I meant I'm so sorry." The girl said after swallowing.

"um no problem, should of watched where I was going." Kei said.

"Hey um can you help me find this class, I'm kinda lost." The girl said holding out a paper.

Kei frowned the girl looked too young to be going to college, but people said that about her all the time, she looked at the paper and smiled.

"oooh you got into Professor Moore's class, me too that's where I was heading now, Kei Sayomi" Key said smiling holding out her hand.

The girl smiled and Kei thought she saw something in her mouth and she caught her self staring, the girl didn't seem to noticed, she took her hand and firmly shook it.

"Sunny, Sunny Moore." Sunny said smiling back.

"Nice to meet you Sunny." Kei said.

They both started walking toward the class together, Sunny had noticed the wedding ring on the girls fingers and shook her head at being married so young, they both started talking at once.

"oh you go ahead." Sunny said.

"I was going to ask what interested you in Professor Noah?" Kei asked.

"Well I know her husband, and well her take on history sounded interesting." Sunny said.

"Oh" I said, I had worked hard to get into the glass and it sounded like Sunny had breezed into it.

"Yeah and My husband and I just moved back from the east coast." Sunny said looking around.

"Really? What were you guys doing there?" Kei asked.

"Oh he was finishing Med school, I was getting my Masters in nursing." Sunny said.

Kei stopped.

"really? Your so young." Kei said.

"Yep, I am older than I look, and well a bit of a prodigy I guess." Sunny said laughing.

"Oh." Kei said.

Kei resumed walking, they had reached the building and still had plenty of time before class, Sunny looked at her, Kei felt a strange attraction to Sunny, nothing sexual, she just felt she belonged in her company.

"Hey you want to meet Jen before class?" Sunny asked.

"Jen? Professor Noah? What sure." Kei said excited.

"Whoa calm down there, you some kind of stalker?" Sunny said laughing.

"No no, I just have read all her research and papers." Kei said.

"oh okay well come on." Sunny said grabbing her hand and leading her into the building.

"um You better lead the way I don't know where I am going." Sunny said looking around.

Kei looked down at her hand, she was holding Sunny's hand and was feeling a rather odd connection, but she lead her anyway shrugging off the odd feelings, they made it to the class and entered, the Professor was alone sitting down at her desk looking over her papers.

"HEY JEN." Sunny shouted from across the room.

The Professor stood up smiling at seeing Sunny, Kei stayed behind Sunny nervous for some reason, they both walked over to the desk.

"Sunny you guys got in okay?" The Professor asked.

"Yep, well the plane was delayed sun almost rose by the time we got out." Sunny said.

Jen flinched at that.

"Well you should of let us send a plane." Jen said frowning.

"Naw you two have done so much already, with the clinic and all." Sunny said.

"Oh how rude of us, Sunny whose your friend." Jen said smiling looking behind Sunny.

"OH Professor Noah I present Kei Sayomi." Sunny said regally.

Jen held out her hand and Kei shyly shook it.

"OH the paper about the similarities in ancient architecture, I liked that one, it was a little odd what you implied but I like odd." Jen said.

Kei smiled.

"You liked it?" Kei asked

"You wouldn't be here if I didn't, Kei we have to be willing to question all the preconceived notions we have about our history." Jen said.

Kei was nodding and Sunny was looking between the two, Sunny unwrapped her other twinkie and started eating.

"No food in class Sunny." Jen said smiling.

"Sobby" Sunny said swallowing.

"Why don't you two take some seats and we can talk after." Jen said.

Kei and Sunny sat up front exited as students started filling the room.

Elsewhere.

"Idin this is stupid." Murray said.

"Naw it's gonna work." Idin said from across the hall.

"How do you know you can't activate it unless you are wearing it." Murray said.

"I told you its got a new material in it, and the Magic should activate." Idin said.

"I still don't trust you and magic." Murray said.

"Come on I can only do this when Jen's at school, so hurry up, besides its only a 22." Idin said.

Murray shrugged and raised the pistol pointing it at Idin, Idin was standing in his new prototype, a vest that was laced with magic to defend against projectiles, Murray closed his eyes.

"Hey aim Murray." Idin yelled as the shot went off.

They both had their eyes shut at this point.

"You alive? I don't hear any moaning or complaining." Murray said opening his eyes.

Idin opened his and saw the bullet hovering infront of his face.

"Christ Murray your supposed to aim for the vest man." Idin said.

"Oh." Murray said putting the gun down. "well it works?"

"Yes it does." Idin said plucking the bullet out of the air. "I feel safer already."

Murray walked over to him to examine the vest.

"The wards are holding, no degradation." Murray said.

"Told you I knew what I was doing." Idin said.

"Yeah sure, take it off and let me look at it again." Murray said

Idin took it off and handed it to him.

"So how big of a round can this take." Murray said.

"Dunno, I put a lot of juice in it, probably up to a sniper rifle, although that's a lot of bleed off in the kinetic energy." Idin said.

"Yeah where does that go?" Murray asked.

"Well that's the best part it channels the force back into the wards." Idin said.

"really? Wow that's actually impressive grass hopper." Murray said.

"Told you I know my stuff." Idin said.

"Hey whats the odds of making one for Lillian?" Murray asked.

"Why?" Idin asked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.