Stargate Atlantis: Felix
Chapter 43

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

After an hour had elapsed Dr. Weir called Sheppard, Beckett and Kate back to her office to inform them of her decision about Felix, and it had troubled her that it had come to what she decided.

Once the three were seated she started with, "I've come to my decision after a bit of research on PTSD, and after hearing all that we can get about Felix. Carson — we are stretched too thin right now and I can't spare a security team to go with you and Felix on the proposed fishing trip, so you won't be taking him with you."

She paused to take a sip of water and then continued, "Kate — I would like for you to enter a therapy program with Felix and get him to unwind. I have found that when you used the term 'redlined' it raised a flag with me, Kate. I believe that persons like Felix who remain in a combat capacity as he has are usually unsuited for other duties."

Kate Heightmeyer was about to say something in defence of Felix but was stopped by Dr. Weir's raised hand as she continued.

"Officers higher in the organizational chain know that and make allowances for behaviour that would be unacceptable anywhere else. The soldiers then avoid psychological support between missions because they believe — correctly — that they're at a greater risk of being redlined if they do seek help. I have very little experience with this sort of thing Kate, so that is why I'm directing you to help Felix through therapy of some form."

Kate replied, "I want to go on record officially saying that I don't agree with your plan. Nor have I agreed with any of your treatment of Felix since he came to Star Gate. So if anything happens, it's on your head, because I won't be a party to it. You are making a colossal mistake."

While this discussion was underway, Felix had already packed his Bergen to the limits and beyond with anything and everything he thought he would need. He had already done the same with his patrol pack and attached it to the top of his Bergen, and then strapped his ghillie suit to the back centre vertically so it was readily accessible if needed. All his water containers were filled, rations packed, ammo stored, his two silenced pistols strapped to his thighs, the SSG tucked under a shoulder for now, and Sasha was waiting to be picked up.

Felix took a last look at his watch and saw that the hour for departure was a few minutes away, so he took a look around the room that he had been in and straightened up. He made sure the earpiece was placed on the desk where it would be definitely seen by someone, and then picked up his Bergen and shouldered the heavy load and positioned it so it was at least somewhat comfortable for a 110 pound load. He left everything that was not his.

He dimmed the lights and picked up Sasha and slung the gun across the front, then checked the piece of paper that had the many gate coordinates that he would require for the upcoming trip he would undertake.

Felix looked at his watch again and saw that he had about a minute to make it to the gate room before the next team was scheduled for their mission.

He exited the room and didn't look back, as that was his intention — not to look back and change his mind.

He took a deep breath and went through the thankfully empty hallways until he was off to the side of the staircase and out of sight of the gate room, but he could see the Star Gate and make his move when the time was right.

Felix stood and watched as the Star Gate activated and the four-person science team came down the stairs and started walking through the gate. Just as the last person was about to enter the event horizon Felix walked rapidly from his waiting spot and walked through right behind the last person.

The five people materialized on the other side and the gate shut down; Felix stopped right at the edge of the portal and waited very quietly as the team walked away, none the worse for not looking around them.

Felix took the precaution of slowly unfolding the half-chameleon blanket and moving silently down the three steps and sat down slowly on the ground next to the Star Gate, and then covered himself with the blanket as he had done on a number of occasions before. He waited until the team was out of sight and sound before he stood up and walked to the DHD and took out the piece of paper with the sets of gate coordinates.

Back in Atlantis the gate technician Chuck had finally closed his mouth from the total astonishment at seeing Felix walk casually as can be through the gate right on the heels of the departing science team.

He looked over at Dr. Weir's office and saw the meeting was just finishing, so he went to the office to tell the news about what had just happened.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.