Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 31

During the time Felix was sleeping Sheppard, Dr. Weir, Carson checked him on, and Lt. Cadman — all at separate times and all noted how soundly he was finally sleeping.

Just before dinner was to start, Sheppard went to see if Felix was awake yet. As he entered the room he saw the Sergeant still asleep, but he decided that the man should get some food into his gullet, so he started with shaking the feet.

That got a bit of a response so Sheppard moved the feet vigorously this time and said in a loud voice, "Felix — time to wake up and get some food into you. Come on — wake up."

That finally woke Felix up, who sat up suddenly and looked around to finally focus on Sheppard standing a few feet away. Colonel Sheppard asked, "How do you feel?"

Felix replied, "Like the cat shit in my mouth," and looked around for some water. Sheppard got the hint and tossed him a water bottle from a nearby table and Felix caught it easily and drank the whole bottle. Then he asked, "Time for breakfast, boss?"

Sheppard chuckled and replied, "Breakfast no — dinner yes. Come on — time to get some food into you — up and at them."

Felix stood up and answered, "Right," and went to the toilet behind the screen for the daily draining. Once he was finished he washed his hands, put on a clean t-shirt and tucked it in and then re-laced his desert boots. He asked, "Do I need a jacket or anything like that or is this okay?"

Sheppard replied, "No, that's good just like that. Let's get some chow."

Felix nodded and made sure the Diablo was safe still and followed Sheppard to the mess hall for dinner. En route Sheppard asked, "How do you feel after sleeping almost 18 hours?"

Felix replied, "Like I could sleep another 24 to 48 easily. I guess I've been missing my beauty sleep and can catch up on it. Not that I need to be beautiful or anything."

Sheppard remarked, "Well, the sleep hasn't affected your humour at all."

They joined the line-up getting their food and this meal Felix grabbed lasagne, some garlic toast, and salad and two milk again, and then followed Sheppard to a table where they sat down to eat.

They didn't say much for the first minute or so until Teyla and Ronon joined them at the table. Felix nodded a greeting to the two warriors until his mouth was empty, and then greeted them; "Hi guys — how are you tonight?"

Ronon gave the usual short, "Fine" and Teyla responded with a more formal, "I am well — and yourself, Felix?"

He replied, "Fair to middling. Slept the sleep of the dead - found out when the boss came and got me for dinner that I missed a day. Guess I needed the sleep."

Ronon spoke up; "Sorry to hear about your family — Sheppard told us what happened — not good."

Teyla looked at Ronon strangely for a second, which Felix caught and rebutted, "You are right and neither is losing a planet."

Ronon looked at Felix intently and asked, "What do you mean by that?"

Felix replied, "I and my team had the unfortunate timing of being on a planet that was being destroyed by the Wraith — not just culled — destroyed. Losing my family hurts but losing your planet ... that hurts more in my opinion."

The meal continued for another minute and then Teyla spoke up again with, "I hear you received your personal possessions from Earth through the Stargate. Did it arrive in good order, Felix?"

He replied after a mouthful; "Honestly - I haven't had time to check anything yet. Well, my bagpipes are in good working order as I used them already." He looked at Sheppard to see if the Colonel would say anything.

Ronon spoke up, "I think I heard some weird sounds last night — maybe that was what I heard. It sounded kind of high pitched — was that it?"

Felix answered, "Might have been — I was playing outside so I wouldn't bother people. I guess someone forgot to close the doors — sorry if that was what you heard."

Teyla spoke up, "Was it a sad sort of tune you were playing, Felix?"

He looked down at his food and answered quietly, "Yes; sorry about that."

Teyla touched his shoulder and said, "Don't be sorry. Was the tune a dirge or something like that?"

He nodded and replied, "It's called 'Amazing Grace' and I played it to honour my family. I was supposed to play it at any of our family funerals if they died, but the whole family..." He trailed off as he remembered the pain and then quickly buried it and looked up at his team-mates, "Its done and over with and time to move forward."

Ronon held out a clenched fist for them to bonk knuckles, which Felix did in return and Ronon said, "Right on."

Teyla asked in a concerned voice, "How are you handling all of this, Felix?"

He shrugged in return and answered, "I don't know yet — I don't think it has sunk in yet."

They went back to their food and it was when Felix was just finished when he asked Sheppard, "So boss, I gather the other tri-wall that came in had the gear I requested. Where would I find that tri-wall or the gear — or do you even know? Is there anyone in particular that may be able to let me know?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.