Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 14

As Felix wandered back towards the control centre he encountered a couple of people that could best be described as bookish and he nodded affably towards them while whistling the theme music from The Pink Panther.

They looked at him as if he were some sort of weird alien — well, in a way that was true as he wasn't part of the original expedition as they were. What caught them off guard was how relaxed and casual this nondescript looking person seemed, walking slowly with his hands in his pockets as if having barely a care in the world to worry about.

Felix got to the control centre just as he finished his whistling tune to see Sheppard deep in conversation with Colonel Caldwell and Dr. Weir. From what he could read from their conversation they were talking about Felix and how he needed some relaxation time but Sheppard was arguing about how he was valuable resource and should be utilized as such.

Just as he was about to step towards Weir's office, Teyla and Ronon came up to the control centre and Teyla asked, "Good morning Felix — did you sleep well?"

Felix smiled as he looked at the two warriors and replied, "Yes, I did and thank you for asking. And yourself?"

Teyla also smiled and replied, "I slept adequately, and being concerned for another's welfare is common among my people. I wondered if you like to spar with us this morning, Felix?"

Felix stopped smiling and almost went ashen faced when he replied, "Sparring - with you two? Both of you would probably kill me because of yesterday, I'd figure."

Teyla looked concerned when she answered, "Why would we do such a thing? If Colonel Sheppard has said you can stay here and has accepted you as an equal, then why would you say such a thing? Do you not know what is going on here?"

Now it was Felix's turn to look at Teyla strangely and say, "No, obviously I'm not aware as to 'what is going on here'. Would either of you care to enlighten me?"

Teyla looked at Ronon, who nodded and said, "Sheppard wants to make you an officer or something."

Felix held up his hands and started rapidly saying, "No no no no no, hell no, no bloody way, not going to happen."

Ronon gave a small smile and told Teyla, "I told you he wouldn't go for it."

Felix looked at Ronon and asked, "When you were in your military and you were a Specialist I believe you said was your rank, and someone like Sheppard asked you to become an officer — would you accept?"

Ronon shook his head and replied, "No, never — didn't have the right education."

Felix looked at both of them and said emphatically, "There — now that is where I can relate - I don't have enough education and I'm not cut out to be an officer — period."

Just as that discussion was ending so was the conversation in Weir's office and the three leaders emerged and came over to the other three.

Without any preamble Felix said to Sheppard, "Sir, there is no way in hell you are making me an officer! Not happening! I'll go back off world before I let that happen!"

Sheppard looked over wide-eyed at Caldwell and said, "I guess that answers that question."

Caldwell looked Felix right in the eyes and said, "Son, we just want you to consider becoming an officer. After reading that epic Pers file of yours, I'm surprised that you weren't forced into becoming an officer. You have a very high IQ — about 140 I believe, you have survived countless incursions deep in enemy territory, you have planned and led and successfully extracted who knows how many people - so why shouldn't you become an officer and lead others?"

Felix looked Caldwell right in the eyes and replied, "Thanks for the vote of confidence, sirs, ma'am, but no way will I let them put me through any country's officer training. I'll disobey a direct order or deliberately screw up or do something that will exclude me from becoming ever becoming an officer. Simply put — no; sirs, ma'am."

Caldwell asked Felix, "Why?"

Felix thought for a second and then replied, "You flew 'Varks for quite some time, if I remember correctly, sir. And Leftenant-Colonel Sheppard flew Apaches for quite some time as well — correct? It was something that grew attached to because it worked for you; you became very familiar with it. Ask Ronon to give up his weapon and even though I barely know the man I'll bet you he wouldn't give up that blaster - because it works well with him. I'm the same in a way — I've become a bit of a weapon in a way — not like any Superman or that ultimate commando garbage. This is what I am — and what I do best. It's all I've ever been good at — being seen but not seen at the same time. I'm best employed as a reconnaissance person - nothing beats eyes on the objective, especially for pilots, right sirs? This is what I'm best at."

After a minute of Caldwell looking between Sheppard and Felix he finally shook his head and said, "Okay, Sergeant - you make a good case for you to stay as is. Much as I would say different and would rather see you commissioned — you make a hell of an argument. Okay Sheppard — he's all yours."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.