Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 68

Meanwhile on the Genii home world, the leader Cowan is asking his chief scientist pointed questions and not liking the answers. "You assured me Ladon, that your explosive trap would eliminate this Sergeant Grey once and for all. Yesterday I get a report from our operative on Rokat who saw from a distance what appeared to be a Jumper dropping off two bushes that then proceeded to kill approximately 15 of our allies. Then these bushes disappear with the Rokatans who then show up much better trained and motivated."

Cowan stood up from behind his desk and continued, "We had the Rokatans right where we needed them, and now they resist us quite strongly. We need the mineral riches of that world for our own uses, but that won't happen now unless we invade, and the council refuses to allow that. Which leads us back to the insignificant Sergeant who has been a continuous thorn in our side. Get rid of him Ladon – very soon. I don't like plans messed up because of one person, so make him go away."

The last few sentences were spoken right in Ladon Radim's face with quiet but strong emphasis. Ladon knew his time was short as he nodded his concurrence with the words of his leader, and left Chief Cowan's office nervously.

He had to get word to his people that his future was now in doubt, and all due to Sergeant Grey, last known location – Atlantis. What really irked him was how did the booby-trap fail? Just how good was their trap and explosives defuser compared to Radim's team of experts? He had lost a number of his team due to a person that was very good at traps and that also bothered him. These thoughts bothered the Chief Scientist as he went to his office to plan the upcoming week against enemies of the Genii.

Back in Atlantis Felix was on a firing range practising with Pain and Panic, making faces on targets when Rodney McKay walked in escorted by Teyla. Rodney looked at the targets as they got closer and asked, "Do you sleep with those guns all the time?"

Teyla smiled, as she knew the answer so she told him, "Actually Rodney – he does sleep with them."

"Oh, right" was the soft reply from Rodney as Felix removed the two small targets and looked at them critically.

"Mm-mm," was heard from Felix as the targets were placed on the table – Rodney and Teyla could see very small tight groups on the targets.

Teyla saw the disgruntled look on Felix's face and asked, "What is wrong with your shooting? These would kill an enemy easily."

Felix wavered his hand back and forth as he answered, "Ah ... I pulled a couple of rounds to the left is what was wrong."

He then faced Teyla and Rodney, who blurted out, "I'm not really a fan of guns so why don't we just call it a night. Okay? Good night." Teyla pulled a reluctant Rodney back to face towards the table where Felix had three pistols laid out – 9mm Beretta's like he was issued.

Felix asked, "I assume you brought your weapon with you?" Rodney patted his holster, so Felix continued, "Okay – I'd like you to ready your weapon, fire 5 rounds at the left target on your own time, then place it on safe and lay the pistol on the table when you are finished. Got all that?"

Rodney repeated it all back and managed to fire all 5 bullets in the direction of the target, hitting twice. Once the pistol was laid down on the table Felix asked, "May I use your weapon for a minute?" and motioned at Rodney's pistol.

McKay nodded and replied nervously, "Yes – please do."

Felix picked up the Beretta, fired 5 quick well aimed shots at the right hand target, unloaded the pistol and then detail stripped it under 8 seconds. He then ran his forefinger along the trigger sear gently and felt a couple of burrs, plus he could feel how rough the sear was compared to his own pistols.

There was a moment's pause while the stripped pistol was set down, Pain was then unloaded, stripped and the lower assembly held out to Rodney. Felix pointed to the trigger sear and said, "Run your finger along here," - Rodney did and said nothing.

Felix had him do the same with his own Beretta to feel the difference of each trigger sear.

McKay couldn't feel the difference as he told Felix, "What am I supposed to feel? It's part of a gun – so what."

It became apparent to Felix that a stripped weapon wasn't going to work as he wished, so he quickly re-assembled Pain with an unloaded magazine. As he did the same with the Beretta, he also explained how to hold the weapon while pulling the trigger and holding the hammer under control so he could feel the trigger pull differences. When that didn't work either, Felix removed the magazines, loaded them, and then handed the Beretta to Rodney to fire just two rounds. He had the scientist squeeze the trigger – Rodney did better and Felix told him that.

Next he had Rodney fire a couple of rounds through Pain – the smooth action caught him by surprise as he exclaimed, "Holy cow! I barely could tell it fired! This gun is amazing – can I keep this?"

Felix chuckled as he replied, "Sorry but Pain belongs to me. But I can get your pistol to fire that smooth; if you'd like I can do that and have it back to you tonight."

Hearing that threw Rodney for a loop – he managed to say, "You would do that ... for me? That's umm..."

Teyla finished his sentence, "I believe you are wanting to say 'kind' Rodney."

McKay mumbled in return, "Uh yes, that word," as he managed to seem a bit humble towards Felix for once.

Felix nodded and said, "You are welcome," then looked at Teyla and asked, "How does your weapon fire?"

She answered, "It fires well but as to how it fires ... I wouldn't know how to answer that."

Felix held out his hand and asked, "May I?"

Teyla handed over her pistol butt first to Felix, who unloaded it, dry-fired it with his hand over the hammer under control and had his eyes closed while doing it, then told her, "You have a couple of small burrs and a lag on yours – I can also fix yours tonight if you'd like."

She nodded her agreement and then asked him, "I am curious Felix – how do you know all this about weapons? I ask because you have said in the past that you aren't very smart yet you know all this and probably more."

While he cleaned the table he finally answered, "Back when I was in the Commando I had the opportunity to work with a couple of our weapons techs – that is where I got an education and I found I had a knack."

Rodney was already heading to the door out of the range; Teyla said, "Thank you Felix."

He replied, "No problem – I'll bring these by in about an hour – that okay?"

"That would be fine," was her answer as she followed McKay out the door to leave Felix with the pistols to work on. Once the range was cleaned up and the spare weapons put away, Felix took the Beretta's back to his room where he had all the necessary tools.

Once he was set up, he stripped the pistols, cleaned them lightly, and then smoothed out the burrs and lags on each trigger sear. Then it a detail cleaning for each of them, as it looked like McKay's hadn't been properly cleaned in some time, reassembled them, tested after assembly, and then cleaned up his tools and garbage.

He went to Rodney McKay's room first – Rodney was actually there, so Felix was able to return his newly maintained Beretta to him personally.

Rodney dry-fired the action a couple of times and was very pleased with how much better it worked and even felt. "Wow – that feels a whole lot better! Th ... th..."

Rodney just couldn't get the words out so Felix gave him a small kind smile as he said softly, "You're welcome," and went to Teyla's room next.

When she opened her door, the waft of incense came into the hallway; it was a pleasing combination of several flavours.

"Felix – please – come in," as she ushered him into her room stayed at the door as he felt like he was intruding in her privacy, and it made him feel uncomfortable.

Teyla could sense his discomfort and added, "Please – relax. May I offer you some tea?"

He almost stammered as he replied, "I ... uh, sure – tea would be nice," and then handed back her newly maintained Beretta and added, "This is cleaned up for you. The trigger is much smoother so it will shoot better."

She gave him a warm smile and replied, "Thank you – I am sure it will work better," as she accepted her weapon and placed it in her tactical vest. When she looked back at Felix he was still standing awkwardly by the door, so she went and pulled him by the arm and moved him over to the floor cushions. She sat him down and said, "Felix – relax – I'll get us some tea in a moment."

With that she went over to a side table, poured 2 cups of tea, placed them on a tray and brought it over to the cushions, handed him a tea, and then sat down across from him. She sensed a number of emotions running through Felix: sadness, loneliness, hurt, inner pain and yet compassion and deep caring for others. "We've never really had the opportunity to sit and talk, have we?" Teyla stated as she looked at him over the rim of her teacup.

He shrugged and replied, "Not really, no. Just a bit at the meeting with your elders those months ago was about the only time I can remember. Which reminds me – thank you very much for the vote of confidence on my behalf. It means a lot to me Teyla – you kept faith when a lot of others didn't, so ... thanks."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.