Book 8 - Zara - Cover

Book 8 - Zara

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Chapter 6

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 6 - More of the series, with new characters, new situations, more dragons, elves and others. Please see author notes

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Magic   Fiction  

Zara sat listening to Dinty explain that some flowers it's ok to plant in the fall and some it's not, some tree's it's ok too others not. With a growing sense of frustration she wrote on the plans under each flower and tree section, fall, spring, summer. Dinty went on to explain what grasses were better for what area, she wrote that down also, a few times she looked back at the house but took a deep breath telling herself she was tired of crying. Thanking Dinty she put the plans back in the satchel, collected Fuzz who was busy stalking a butterfly and went back to Salvation. Her first few attempts at making the flowers she wanted had not gone well, hearing a wild little raaaarrrr she got on her hands and knees and started crawling through the flowered jungle trying to find Fuzz, crawling back out Fuzz on her shoulder gnawing at the ribbons in her hair she saw a pair of black boots, looking up she sighed "hello Connor." Chuckling Connor reached down and helped Zara to her feet "having a problem?" shaking her head Zara untangled Fuzz from her hair "no, I'll get it figured out shortly, what brings you here?" Connor held up the backpack "you left this behind." Zara took the backpack and went over and set it on the table the plans were laying on, Connor glanced down at the plans, he flipped through the pages, making interested hmmmming noises. Zara got rid of the flower jungle and was about to start again when Connor suggested instead of trying to do the whole thing at once, she do a section at a time, Zara just nodded and made a handful of butterflies for Fuzz to chase while she picked up a long stick, with the garden plans in hand she started drawing on the ground where things needed to go. Connor leaning against the table watched Zara, his arms crossed over his chest "sounds like things got a little out of control around here for a while" he commented. Zara looked over her shoulder at him "you could say that" she replied as she started working on the fall flower area's, "you might want to put in a few big tree's for the cub, he's going to be doing a lot of climbing as he gets bigger, panthers spend a lot of time in tree's if I remember right." Lynn smiled as she came out carrying a large tray "I noticed yea had company, thought now as a good time to be bring out some luncheon and some nice cool water, don't want yea fainting away again like earlier Mistress, yea need to be eatin more." Connor with a raised eyebrow took the tray from Lynn and set it on the table, Fuzz put up his head and sniffed and went racing over to the table, with a sigh Zara put down the stick and went over to the table thanking Lynn for bring out the tray, Lynn smiled "put a meaty ham bone there for the little mite, he looks like he needs more than a bowl of milk and ground meat. Zara picked up the ham bone, Fuzz his tail swishing watched every movement she made, half way to the ground Fuzz made a lunge for the bone, Zara jerked it back "I don't think so! sit down and mind your manners" trying not to laugh out loud Connor watched to two staring at each other, finally with a hiss Fuzz sat down on his haunches and waited for Zara to put the bone down on the ground. With a squeaky raaaarrr Fuzz pounced on the bone, making hissing gnawing noises as he chewed on it, Zara smiled down at the cub. Connor handed Zara a piece of bread with a slice of ham and cheese on it, pouring her a glass of water, he noticed she added a glass of milk to the tray and some fruit. "What are you going to do in this big place all by yourself?" he casually asked as he ate a slice of ham, Zara looked around "finish it for DeClan and I'm not all by myself, I have Fuzz and Lynn to keep me company" Connor nodded "do you faint often?" Zara took a drink of milk "no this morning was the first time, I should of eaten something when I got back from Zinmer." Connor frowned as Zara set her glass down and went back to making the garden "I'm going over to see Miranda and Christopher would you like to come?" Zara shook her head "no thanks, I've got things to do here" Connor nodded and stood up, walking over to Zara he tilted up her chin "DeClan will be back" Zara blinked to keep the tears out of her eyes "I know he will that's why I have to get the house and gardens ready" Connor smiled and left saying he would be back.

Connor sat holding Crispin on his lap, Revanche smiled "it's nice to see everyone get together again" Trink grinned "good to have me boyo back where he belongs, not galavantin all over the high sea's doin gawd only knows what" Christopher laughed "he's having a grand time adventuring that's what, to bad you get sea sick Trink." Trink chortled "had plenty of adventurin with me boyo Hank" Christopher grinned "some day you'll have to tell us all about those old adventuring days" Trink winked "aye if I want your mama to come chasin after me with a butcher knife" they all laughed. Bitsy looked around "where is Zara? isn't she coming?" Connor looked up in surprise "isn't Zara here yet?" Bitsy shook her head "not yet, I'll go see what's keeping her." Bitsy flew into the large entry way and looked around, Lynn coming down the hall blinked "I do declare, a fairy, why that's so wonderful, are you looking for the Mistress?" Bitsy smiled "yes I am" Lynn smiled back "she's asleep at the dinner table, was just on my way to wake her up and send her off to bed." Bitsy frowned and followed Lynn to the dining room, Zara her head resting on her arm was indeed sound asleep, Bitsy touched Zara's shoulder "Zara dear wake up" Zara blinked a few times and sat up in confusion. Bitsy smiled "their having a home coming party for Connor at Zinmer, are you coming?" Zara shook her head "I saw Connor earlier today" Bitsy frowned "don't you want to come join the party?" Zara rubbed her fingers over her eyes "no I don't think so, I'm going to go up to bed, tell everyone I said hello" Bitsy nodded still frowning, gave Zara a hug telling her to sleep well then went back to Zinmer. Connor raised a questioning eyebrow at Bitsy as she came back into the room, Bitsy shook her head and said quietly "she was asleep at the dinner table when I got there and said she was going to bed" Connor nodded "she apparently fainted this morning, I wonder just how pregnant she is, I didn't want to be to intrusive this afternoon, she was a bit on the touchy side." Bitsy chuckled "I'm not so nice and nosy to boot, she isn't that far along about a month and a half maybe a little bit more, which would account for the fainting and extreme tiredness, another month or so and she should be over that." Connor sighed "I wonder if DeClan knows" Bitsy shook her head "I seriously doubt it, she had to of gotten pregnant just before all the trouble" Connor nodded thoughtfully. Bitsy watching Alex and Laurel sighed to herself "and the idea of their little Zara being a mother isn't sitting well with her mama and papa," Bitsy thought.

After six weeks of cursing, muttering and tears Zara finally had the gardens finished and all the front lawns done, all the tree's planted and everything seemed to be thriving. Laying down in the grass she looked up at the sky, the clouds were moving in, she smiled maybe there would be a good storm later in the afternoon or evening, scratching Fuzz behind the ears she glanced at the house "tomorrow we'll start on the inside, I want to try and make a beach like at Miranda's lair, I bet you'll enjoy that Fuzz but no birds, you'll just gobble them up" Fuzz purred deeply rubbing against Zara's hand. Zara and Fuzz fell asleep in the warm fall morning sunshine, the cub snuggled under Zara's arm. Zara woke up with a start hearing a deep thrumming purr, to see Mar and Fuzz staring at each other their tails swishing to and fro, Zara sat up pushing her hair out of face "hello Mar, what brings you here?" Mar looked at Zara, the minute his eyes moved, Fuzz pounced, Mar sighed "I thought I had him stared down, I'll have to work on that, I just came by to see how things were going, haven't seen you around so I stopped by." Zara nodded "things are just fine, I'm going to start working on the house tomorrow, Fuzz and I were just taking a break" Mar hissed loudly at Fuzz who jumped and did a half turn in the air hissing back "you upset with your mama and papa still?" Zara shook her head "no, if I had been I wouldn't have gone to the gathering" Mar chuckled at Fuzz who was laying crouched in the grass watching him "you don't go to Zinmer to see them, I was wondering why" Zara sighed and stood up "I'm a great disappointment to them, just leave it at that Mar" Mar stood up also frowning deeply "I think you're wrong Zara, they love you a great deal" Zara looked down at her hands then back up at Mar "then I guess love and disappointment go hand in hand don't they, just leave it be Mar, please." Mar shook his head "I don't think I can leave it alone Zara, I don't like what I see happening between you and your parents, I also don't like to see you staying locked away here all the time, you should be getting out and visiting your friends, not roaming around this big place all alone." Mar could see that Zara was close to losing her temper, her long hair starting to float around her with static "you can get angry with me all you want Zara but this isn't right" Zara snarled "why don't you ask mama and papa why they haven't spoken to me since they found out I was pregnant? you think I don't know what they're thinking about me, but their wrong, once just once I was with DeClan the night before papa beat him into the ground while Virlane watched. I'm sorry Mar I don't have anything more to say" Zara called to Fuzz and went into the house, shutting the large glass doors with a resounding thud. Mar stood staring after Zara for a few minutes then sighed heading for Zinmer. Zara smiled at Lynn "I didn't forget it's lunch time, thank you Lynn, while I'm thinking about it do you need any changes made to the kitchen or need help?" Lynn sat with Zara as she ate her lunch talking about the things she would like to see changed, also saying right now with just the two of them there was no need for more help, as long as Zara continued to use her magic to help clean, Zara chuckled.

Mar padded into the dining room, Laurel smiled "you're almost as bad as Keebler knowing when there's food on the table" Mar looked at Laurel "I just came from talking to Zara, is it true neither of you have spoken to her since you found out she was pregnant?" Laurel sighed "she lied to us Mar, she told us weeks before the final problem with DeClan that she had not been seeing him" Mar looked at Laurel in surprise "I've never ever heard Zara lie, did you ask her if she had lied to you?" Laurel shook her head "there was no need to ask, it was obvious she lied, it's hurt Alex very badly to think that she did lie to us and couldn't even come right out and tell us she was pregnant until she got sick in the pool room and had to say something." Mar padded out of the room sadly shaking his head, Laurel set her spoon down with a sigh as she heard Alex ask Mar if he was staying for lunch and heard Mar reply that no he was to old for family squabbles and was going home to his lair, that maybe Zara had been right after all about love and disappointment going hand in hand.

Zara sat on the ground and with a sigh said "Fuzz it just doesn't look quite right from this angle either" Zara heard a masculine chuckle "it doesn't look right from a standing up angle either" turning around Zara smiled "hi Dougal, it's been a long time" Dougal smiled back "aye that it has, too long from the gorgeous looks of yea" Zara laughed "your such a flirt Dougal" Dougal grinned "aye, it's one of my most redeeming qualities, what are yea trying to do Lass?" he asked as he put a hand out and pulled Zara to her feet, giving Fuzz a wide berth. Zara sighed "I wanted a long covered porch but I can't seem to get the roof part right, are you traveling through to London?" Dougal shook his head "just came from London, I'm looking for DeClan, Lass, heard he built himself a place here, am a bit surprised though to find you here all alone without your parents." Zara sighed "would you like to come inside for something to eat or drink, or do you just want me to explain that DeClan isn't here" Dougal smiled "well how about a little of both, I could use something to drink and an explanation or two." Zara ducked under the tilted porch roof and got the outside door to the study open calling Fuzz she waited for Dougal to go inside then shut the door, once Dougal was seated she asked him what he would prefer to drink, he smiled "a nice warm brandy would do nicely, lass, the weather has turned stormy and cold" Zara handed him a brandy snifter and got herself a hot cup of tea then sat down. Very carefully Zara explained to Dougal what had happened, why she was at Salvation and that she had no idea where DeClan was. "Your DeClan's real father aren't you" she said quietly, Dougal sighed and nodded "Malcolm should of told me years ago the boy was mine but I can understand him keeping his word to Tabitha, he finally told me three weeks ago when he had not heard from DeClan in over four months and was concerned. He said DeClan stopped there for a few hours acting like his world had fallen apart, wished his Grandfather well then left. From the sounds of what you've said I guess it did fall apart, I'm sorry to say, sorry for both of yea lass, hopefully we can get it all straightened out, I'll be starting with your parents." Zara shook her head "just find DeClan, Dougal, the house is here for him, I've tried to take good care of it for him and finished a few things, even added a few things, I can always go elsewhere if he doesn't want me here any longer, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't want to ever see me again after what happened. When you find him I would appreciate it if you could just send me a note saying to get out or something if that's what DeClan wants." Dougal frowned hearing a deep note of depression in Zara's voice "the lad wouldn't of told yea the place was yours if he didn't want yea here Zara" Zara nodded setting her tea cup down "that was then, he's had plenty of time to rethink things and have regrets" Dougal arched an eyebrow "and what about you lass, you having regrets now?" Zara sighed "the only regrets I have are that I didn't go to DeClan months earlier and that I didn't leave with him." Dougal sighed as he took a drink "and what of the child? lass" for the first time since he had gotten there Dougal saw Zara actually smile with a smile that reached her eyes if only for a moment "the baby will get all the love and care he could ever want Dougal, you don't need to worry on that score, I'm perfectly capable of caring for him" Dougal shook his head "I have no doubt about that, what I meant was, what of DeClan and his child" Zara seeing Fuzz scratching at the door got up and let him out, Dougal chuckled seeing the deep claw marks in the bottom of the door, "DeClan can see the baby anytime he wants, I wouldn't ever keep him away from his own child, for all I know he won't want either of us, considering who the babies mother is." Dougal frowned "your not giving the lad much of a chance are yea Zara lass, or yourself for that matter, being rather harsh aren't you" Zara shrugged with the lift of one shoulder "perhaps, I'm sorry Dougal it's just how I feel right now, by next week I will probably be as giddy as a goose, my emotions haven't been exactly on an even keel the last few months." Dougal nodded and let it go seeing the glint of tears in her eyes, they talked of everyday things and the changes she had made to the place, then he stood up saying it was time for him to be on his way, Zara gave Dougal a hug and told him not to be a stranger, he chuckled "you can count on me being under foot a great deal lass, I missed DeClan's growing up years, I don't plan on missing my grandchild's." Just before he left Zara asked him to wait for a moment, Zara took off the ruby heart, gently she rubbed her thumb over the crack healing it, she put it in the small gold box with a note: the loving never stopped even when the hurting started, I love you, Zara. "When you find DeClan will you give this to him" Zara asked Dougal handing him the small box, Dougal nodded tucking the box in his pocket "that I will lass, now you take care of yourself and that grandson of mine" Zara nodded and stood at the door watching Dougal swing up onto his horse and leave. DeClan felt the small warmth over his heart die and put his face in his hands with a sob, Zara had taken off his ruby heart, wiping the tears from his face he took another drink snarling at the barmaid who was sitting on his lap to go away, finishing his drink DeClan left the tavern.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.