Book 8 - Zara - Cover

Book 8 - Zara

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Chapter 26

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 26 - More of the series, with new characters, new situations, more dragons, elves and others. Please see author notes

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Magic   Fiction  

Con stood in the solarium, Crispin on his hip frowning listening to his Mother and Father arguing about where to put the solarium at Montcliff, handing Crispin back to Raimi he went outside and stood by the fence watching Pax prancing and snorting around the field. "There's a method behind your father's madness, Con" Alex said putting a booted foot on the fence railing, Con glanced at his Grandfather "oh and what's that? to make her so angry she starts throwing things, then is so exhausted she can't think and sleeps for the rest of the day, is this the way it's always going to be at Montcliff? if so I don't want to be there." Alex tried not to sigh "what your father is doing is trying to keep your mother from being so depressed she can't even feed herself, he's making her angry on purpose so she's fighting the depression without even realizing it. Your mother has to want to get better, she has to want to start living again, Con."

Con stared off in the distance "Mother is a strong woman, she's been depressed before and got over it, she's survived a lot in her life, it's just the shock of being back home, that's all." Alex nodded "yes your mother's a strong woman, we all know that, but even the strongest person reaches a point that becomes the end of the line, your mother is very close to that point, none of us want her to go over it, I know it's hard to listen to the two of them arguing, if it will make things easier for you, start going and visiting Morpaw and the others, go to Raimi's and play with Crispin or you could go wander around Montcliff. You all need time to adjust to the changes going on, give yourself time and give your mother and father time also."

Lexi staggered for a moment as she appeared in the solarium, Rav reached out and steadied her "it takes some getting used too" he said with a grin, Lexi smiled with a nod then frowned glancing at her parents "have they been going at it all morning?" Rav chuckled "just about" Lexi shook her head put a smile on her face and went over and gave her Mother a kiss on the cheek "this is nice, lots of light, I bet it's pretty in here at night" she said then commented "what's the current topic of argument?" Rav chuckled winking at Natalie. Allora frowned "your father doesn't see the need for a music room, I want a music room right next to the solarium" Lexi's eyes lit up "ohhh I think that would be wonderful, one like grandmothers" Connor frowned "you don't play anything but that whistle of yours Al, a music room would just be wasted space" Allora glowered at him "a lot you know Breeton, it's not for me, it's for Lexi and Con" Connor looked at Lexi who smiled and started to sing in a soft soprano, Con walked in joining Lexi singing in a mellow baritone.

Natalie whispered "oh my, how lovely" Laurel laughed "I think you've been out voted on the music room dear" Connor grinned "so it seems." Con nudged Lexi "it's a good thing you didn't do a sea shanty" Lexi giggled and started to sing "there was a doxy named joe, she sure was ugly don't ya know, ohhh but her hair it sure did grow, braided down to her knee's to flap in the breeze when she spread her" Con slapped his hand over her mouth a horrified look on his face. Allora gasped "when did I teach you that one?" Lexi grinned "you didn't, one night when you got in the liqueur chest after Con and I had gone to bed, you were singing away, having a wonderful time, I was sitting listening to you most of the night" Allora groaned "well forget anything you heard" Rav sighed "and here I was looking forward to hearing about Joe" Natalie jabbed her elbow in his side "you'll be flapping in the breeze if you're not careful" Rav just grinned at her.

Allora sighed tiredly, every time she tried to ask someone to help her up to her room, they were either interrupted, or they had to go take care of something. She knew there needed to be changes to Montcliff and she had no problem with most of it, what she was having a problem with was how the men seemed to have taken over the task of redesigning her home, she wanted a bigger better kitchen for Liz, servants quarters where each room had a window to let in fresh air especially on warm days. Tapping her fingers on the arm of the couch thoughtfully she motioned Riley over "would you please get me my sketch book and a pencil" Riley smiled "it would be my pleasure Miss Allora" he told her and went off to get what she needed, Lexi who had been standing at the window smiled, her Mother's voice sounded stronger and firmer with each passing hour. Looking out the window again Lexi, leaned forward, moving the curtain aside, she stood watching Zachary Weston walking down the long tree lined drive, it must be a very long walk all by yourself, you look like each step is an agony, she thought, turning to her Mother she said she would be back in a few minutes. Lexi met Zachary half way down the drive "hello again" Zachary looked down at Lexi "good afternoon" he said with a slight smile. "I thought you might like some company" Lexi commented as she walked beside him, her hands clasped behind her back, "thank you" he said then heard himself ask "what will you be doing when your all grown up?" Lexi smiled "ohh I don't know, maybe I'll go to London and help Willy run the Bear and Bull Tavern, or maybe I'll do what my Grandmother Laurel did, travel across the country singing for a living. What will you be doing when your all grown up?" Zachary chuckled then frowned "I thought I would be the most powerful wizard in all of Normandy, now I don't know, it no longer seems all that important" Lexi nodded "you can always come with me and travel around the country, I can look all knowing and sing your praises while you sell sugar water and bunion cures" Zachary laughed "I'll keep that in mind." Alex who had been watching the two from the parlor window sighed and silently said to Connor "Zachary Weston is here" Connor closed his eyes for a moment rubbing his forehead "I'll be right there" he told his father and walked out of the study. Lexi looked up at Zachary standing on the bottom step, just staring at the door "would you like me to tell Mother you're here?" Zachary shook his head and went up the rest of the steps, he wasn't that much of a coward that he would let this lovely child be a buffer for him.

Lexi opened the door and stepped aside letting Zachary in, Riley walking over to the door stiffened but said nothing, "Mother is in the parlor" Lexi told him "she won't bite you, but she does throw things on occasion, just duck if you see anything flying in your direction." Zachary smiled slightly following Lexi to the door of the parlor. "Mother, Zachary Weston is here to see you" Lexi said walking into the parlor, Allora for a moment felt a shudder of terror race across her heart, stop it! she told herself, this is just a boy, you forgave him a long time ago, he isn't going to hurt you again. "Hello Zachary" she said in a calm voice that belied the rioting emotions that had her stomach churning. Zachary looked at Allora and wanted to sob with regret, he walked forward slowly and took a deep breath "I came to tell you how very sorry I am for what happened, I know the word sorry can't come close to expressing my regrets but I have to try" Allora saw the sincerity and pain in the boys eyes and on his face "apology accepted, it's all over and done, Zachary." Con walked in and whispered to his sister "who is that?" Lexi glanced at Zachary then at her brother "that's Zachary Weston, he came to tell Mother how sorry he is for everything that happened" Connor quickly clamped his hand down on his son's shoulder "DON'T" sensing Con about to go roaring into his dragon form, Con turned fierce eyes on his father "don't? just like that he walks in, says he's sorry and that's it? where is the justice in that? where is the justice for Mother?" Connor in a soothing tone told him "there is no question of right and wrong, justice or injustice here, Con, it's a question of kindness and forgiveness. he can't understand what you and your sister and Mother went through, you can't understand what he went through trying everything in his power to get your Mother back, hate is a bitter pill Con don't swallow it, I know it isn't something your Mother would want for you." Con turned and stalked away, his boots making a resounding sound through the house as he left. Zachary looked at Connor with deep sadness and regret in his eyes "I should leave now" he turned once again to Allora "thank you for your kindness" he nodded to Alex and Laurel then left the parlor, Lexi said quietly "I'll walk you out" Zachary said nothing as Riley opened the door for him, he walked down the steps Lexi at his side. "Don't be upset about Con, the last year has been very hard on him worrying about Mother, his temper is like a match it flares then burns out" Zachary sighed "and what about you? do you have a temper like a match? Lexi smiled "I have a terrible temper" Zachary smiled "I find that hard to believe" Lexi laughed "I do but I don't lose my temper often, what will you do now? stay at Salvation?" With a look much to weary for someone his age Zachary shrugged "I don't know, there is no better teacher then DeClan, I can learn a lot from him, I will have to decide soon for my brother and sister's sake" reaching the end of the tree lined drive Lexi smiled "take care of yourself, perhaps we'll meet again" Zachary looked down at the delicate girl smiling up at him "if you ever go on the road singing let me know, I've always wanted to sell sugar water and cure bunions" Lexi laughed "it's a deal" she said and waved goodbye walking back down the drive.

"You were laughing with him, smiling at him, how could you after what he did!" Con the dragon snarled at Lexi, Lexi stumbled backing away from her brother, staring at him, the memory of him killing the old sheep flashed through her mind. "He's sorry for what he did, didn't you hear him? Mother forgave him can't you?" Con hissed bending his long neck until he was inches away from her face "stay away from Zachary Weston" Lexi her hands on her hips glared at Con "no and you can't make me, I'll talk to anyone I want!" Con squinted his eyes angrily "I'm telling you I don't want my sister having anything to do with that bastard." Alex glanced out the front window and started to run "Connor out front!" Alex skidded to a stop a few feet away from the two snarling dragons, claws drawn, fangs bared. "Ooohkay kids, pull in the fighting equipment, what seems to be the problem?" Alex said calmly, Con snarled "she won't listen to reason, didn't you see her talking to that bastard like he was a long lost lover?" Lexi snarled "you're the one being unreasonable, don't talk to me about lovers, maybe you should of buggered the poor sheep instead of savaging them and eating them" Alex mouth opened and closed, Connor grabbed Con as he was about to leap at Lexi "that's enough!" Connor snapped, "back away from each other now!" Connor told them letting go of Con. "Riley!, Riley, what's going on" yelled Allora, Riley rushed into the parlor "what's going on? Riley" Riley glanced at the windows "a slight contretemps between the youngsters Miss Allora, Captain Connor is dealing with it" Allora saw Riley glance at the window again "take me over to the window, Riley" Riley turned away from the window "no need Miss Allora, things are under control" Allora blinked "under control? what do you mean under control" Laurel frowned at Riley, then the dragoness Laurel picked Allora up and carried her to the window. Allora gasped "ohh sweet jesus, is that Con and Lexi?" Laurel nodded "I just caught a little bit of what was said, Con seems upset that Lexi was talking to Zachary Weston." Hissing and snarling the two backed away from each other, Con almost panting with anger stood glowering at Lexi, who was glowering right back "you need your damn mouth washed out with soap" he snarled, "you want to try, Mr." she snarled back baring her fangs. "That's enough both of you, take a deep breath and get yourselves under control, then we will talk about this calmly" Connor said stepping between the two. Lexi her chest heaving stared down at her talons and razor sharp claws, with a cry of anguish she changed into her human form and went running into the house, up the stairs and into her room. Connor sighed "whether you like it or not Con your sister has a right to talk to anyone she wants, I can understand your concern for your sister, you've been the man of the house, the guardian of your family for a long time, but there are always going to be people you don't like or don't approve of, you can't keep them all away or tell her who she can or can't talk to or walk with. She was showing Weston a simple friendly kindness, something I would hope everyone no matter who they are would receive in my home or my parent's home." Con hung his head, he knew he had been wrong but when he had seen her smiling and laughing with Zachary he was so afraid she would be hurt, he also had to admit to himself he had felt an unfamiliar surge of jealousy. He'd been taught to let bygones be bygones, that what had happened in the past couldn't be allowed to control the future, he'd never really thought about how he would react or feel when or if he came face to face with the man who had sent his Mother into the void, Con had seen Zachary Weston standing by his Mother and all the old angers, fears and hurts had come surging back turning him into a frightened little boy again and he was angry about that. It wasn't the dragon but the frightened seventeen year old boy who sat down in the grass and put his face in his hands and started to cry, the dragon Connor curled around his son, purring soothingly as he listened to him cry, sobbing out the fears of a little boy trapped in a world of relentless moving time, of the terror of a young boy thinking he would live and die over and over again in that world, of watching his Mother and sister dying over and over again and feeling powerless to stop it, of suddenly finding he wasn't just human but a creature called a dragon and no one to help him understand that part of himself, he had tried so hard to hide his fears not wanting to add to the burden his Mother all ready carried." Allora said quietly to Laurel "if you would take me back inside please, I'll have Riley take me up to Lexi's room" Laurel glanced at Alex then nodded and took Allora back inside. Allora knocked on Lexi's door, Lexi opened the door and looked at her Mother "there isn't anything to say Mother, it was simply an argument that got out of control that's all" Allora saw the frightened glazed green eyes of her daughter "I'd like to talk about it anyway, Riley you can set me down thank you" Riley gently set Allora on a chair by the window and quietly left. Lexi sat on the bed staring down at her hands, "yes, you're a dragon also" Allora said softly "I'm not! I'm not a dragon" Lexi screamed at her Mother and ran out of the room, Laurel walked in "let me talk to her, it can be frightening when your dragon suddenly comes out especially when you tried so hard to resist it" Allora nodded, what could she say, she had no idea what it felt like to be a dragon, she had no idea of the emotions that seemed to be shattering her children, she watched Laurel leave the room and quietly shut the door. Allora touched her fingers to the cool window pane as she looked down on the front lawn and Connor and Con, she had tried so hard over the years to keep the children from being frightened, she had tried to reassure them that they would get back to Montcliff and be safe, she had obviously done a terrible job of that she told herself bitterness welling up in her heart at herself, I should of seen that they were scared, I should of realized it and done something.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.