Nx - Cover

Nx

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 8

"The lastes reports are that five breeding planets have come online since the Endurance attempted to generate a wormhole. As it stands we have fleets on aleart at all crosspoints between that Dimension and others contecting to ours, it is my recommendation we shut off that Dimension as a total loss." Salis said to the councel.

I watched from the side as report after report wrote off my home as unsavable, Elora had chosen an avtar that was of a young human female, she stood next to me. I glanced back at Luna who sat in the audience for the hearing, she looked extremely glum.

"Nx we have reviewed the case for aid, at this time do you have anything further to add?" The Admiral incharge of the hearings asked.

I stood from my seat looking at each person on the councel in the eye, giving them a moment of eye contact before speaking.

"I am here because of humanitys strength, I am here as a testament to it, to be the voice of those who can not be here to speak. My creators detonated their own star to fight, they sacrificed everything to give a chance to those that would be left behind, according to your reports they failed, yet here I stand proof that all their efforts where not in vain." I said, I pointed toward Elora.

"We have identified over a hundred pre-ftl vessels, ranging from small exploration ships to large colonies, it is our belief that they are still our there, perhaps remaining silent to avoid the enemy, I believe humanites strength can not be measured on a chart, I belive that given the chance they will fight to take back their home." I said, motion to the entire room.

"The very existance of this JSTF is proof of the strength of man, the very inclusion of all races toward a common goal shows its compasion, walking this station I found species that had yet to achieve space flight, yet here they are as equals, I myself am a machine yet I am equal, all of this has been made possible by the human race and though I am not human I consider myself lucky to have been created by them." I said looking at Salis.

"Statisticly I know it is improbable that with in my functioning lifetime anything could be done to take back my dimension, but I could start them moving toward that goal, I could find the remains of the people of my world and give them a chance. I will take any help you will offer, but even if I get none I will still go, Elora and I will still fight for our homes, Thank you for your time." I said sitting down.

"No one has anything further?" The head admiral said.

"We will deleberate on the matter now." The Admiral said standing to leave.

I slumped back in my chair looking over to Elora, she smiled at me.

"Nx we will have some aid in our quest, I have not been idle these few days." Elora said.

"Really? What kind of aid?" I asked.

"You will see." She said, her hologram smiled at me.

I felt Luna approaching.

"I think that went well." She said.

"Really? Salis and his statistics seemed pretty damning." I said.

She shook her head.

"I need to go speak to him." She said.

I watched her walk across the room, she begain to speak to him, he shook his head, their clicks and hisses got pretty animated at points, eventually Luna walked back to me sitting next to Elora and I. Salis did not look happy.

"He says this should only take a few moments." Luna said glumly.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said.

"Okay."

We passed the time with idle chatter about the various places Luna had taken me to eat, soon the councel was back from their deliberations, The admiral stood at the head of the table.

"We have two matters to rule on, first we will handle the request of Captain Lunaria, Captain please stand"

I looked to Luna confused as she stood.

"Captain Lunaria, we have no choice but to deny your request, we admire your courage but we can not waste such a valuable asset like yourself on such a mission." The Admiral said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.