Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel - Cover

Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Chapter 23

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 23 - A tale of Damsels, Dragons and Knights...and much more. See Disclaimer on author's page for more information. Have fun in fantasy!

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

The next morning Laurel ate a late breakfast then went into the village, after informing Theo the footmen where she was heading. She walked through town talking with everyone, making sure they had what they needed for spring planting, she chatted with Mr.Whitaker at the pub about the local going's on, pleased to see the smiles on the people's faces once again, the children looked happy and healthy as they played. Laurel entered the fabric shop, smiling she was pleased to see several of the town's ladies sitting having tea, accepting a cup of tea she spent the rest of the morning learning about what sort of clothes and other articles she would need to make for the baby, the women making suggestions on fabric types for clothes, blankets, nappies, several still had patterns from when their children were babies, loaning them to Laurel to copy, telling her the paper from the butcher was best for making patterns.

Laurel returned home her arms filled with packages, putting the fabric in the parlor, she carried the paper and patterns into the dining room, spreading the paper out on the long table Laurel started to copy the patterns. Betty came in and was soon cutting out the patterns Laurel had copied onto the butcher's paper, Betty giggling at Laurel's astonishment at the amount of things a baby needed. Betty the sixth eldest of fourteen children explained as she helped all about babies spitting up, wetting themselves, sometimes needing a whole new change of clothes three or four times a day or more depending on the baby. She went on to explain about bedding, which made Laurel start thinking about what she would need for a nursery. Cook came in with lunch, the three sat eating and talking about how best to furnish the baby's room and which room upstairs would be best, they were soon joined by Mrs. Dinty who suggested that perhaps the little people would like to contribute and make the cradle for the baby, Laurel thought that was a wonderful idea saying she would talk to Murry about it. By the end of the afternoon Betty and Laurel had enough material cut out for Laurel to start sewing baby clothes and blankets.

Laurel sat eating her dinner looking at Alex empty chair, first he said he would join her for supper, then just a short while ago told her that a problem had come up with one of his properties in London and couldn't make it, hopefully he would be able to join her later in the evening. Laurel played her harp and flute, having fun with the flute, she chuckled and laughed to herself as the night wore on. Finally going upstairs Laurel changed into her nightdress and went to Alex room only to find Ruckle asleep in a chair, Laurel knew the only time Ruckle stayed up waiting for Alex was when he had gone out for the evening, Laurel left and went home to Zinmer.

Ruckle woke up when Alex came in looking tired and harassed "Miss Laurel popped in then left" Ruckle told Alex as he helped him off with his jacket. Alex sent Ruckle off to bed, sitting down he pulled off his boots with a sigh. "Laurel? love why didn't you wait for me?" Alex asked quietly. Laurel snapped "I had no idea when you would be home and I didn't want to disturb Ruckle, so I went home to my own bed." Alex frowned "are you angry with me?" Laurel sighed "no I'm not angry, just tired, good night Alex" Laurel wiped the tears off her face, he had enough problems no use adding a teary dragoness to them. Still frowning Alex asked Laurel what was wrong, sighing when she changed the subject asking if Kirk and Joe were going to come and stay at Zinmer, Alex told her that they had been invited to stay at Cairin with Hank and Jenee, Christopher wanting to see how Kirk was doing in his training. Alex waited for a reply all he heard was silence "damnit urchin get your warm butt over here, I can't sleep without you here, I need to know all is well with you and Zinmer, Laurel! It's cheating giving me the cold shoulder when you're too far away to do anything about it."

Alex pulled a crying Laurel into his arms "what's wrong urchin? why are you crying?" Laurel held onto Alex "I miss you, I wanted to share what I'd done today with you at dinner but you couldn't come, I watched Chloe and Revanche wondering if we would ever get our chance Alex. I'm sorry I promised myself I wouldn't do this, I know you can't be there every minute with me, I knew what I was getting into being the other woman, I just didn't know it would hurt so much." Alex picked Laurel up and put her under the covers then got into bed holding her against his chest while she cried "You're not the OTHER woman sweetheart, you are THE woman in my life, don't ever forget that for a moment, I promise we'll have our chance, it may seem like it will never get here but it will. I couldn't be with you tonight because I was having a meeting with Heloise's parent's who wanted to make a request that I go back to getting an annulment because it is more private, less gossip and quicker, they want this over and done with just as badly as we do." Hearing her sniffle he chuckled getting up, got a handkerchief and handed it to her then got back in bed, Laurel blew her nose "I thought she wouldn't give you an annulment before, why should she agree now?" Alex grinned "because she has lost most of her supporters after the Fordham ball, she is now feeling the backlash and doesn't like it at all, it always hurts to have the shoe suddenly thrust on the other foot."

Alex rubbed his hands down Laurel's back smiling to himself feeling her blossoming tummy pressed against his side "now tell me what you did today, besides grow another dozen inches around the middle." Laurel snuggled against Alex as she told him about the fabric for baby clothes, that sewing would help keep her busy so it would only be at night when she would miss him the most while he was gone to check on his other estates, she told him about the suggestion Mrs. Dinty made about the cradle and that she would talk to Murry about it. Alex chuckled at the appalled tone of voice she used when mentioning the amount of clothes and other item's babies needed. Laurel and Alex fell asleep his arms wrapped around her holding her close, her hand curled over his shoulder as if to keep him next to her.

Ruckle going to wake Alex for breakfast was surprised to see Laurel still there sound asleep. Alex motioned to Ruckle that he was awake, getting up and dressing Alex chuckled to hear Laurel muttering at him from under the pillow she had pulled over her head. "Time to get up sweetheart, why don't you join us for breakfast, I'm going to go meet with my solicitor this morning and have him write up an annulment agreement, hopefully I can get Heloise to sign it, then while I'm out on the other estates it can be sent to the church and approved." Laurel stuck her head out from under the pillow "how long do you think you'll be gone?" Alex pulled back the covers grinning as Laurel squealed trying to get the covers back. Alex frowned slightly "I usually take a month at each estate going over the books with the manager, looking the place over making sure everything is going well, that means four months, I'm going to try and cut it down to two, I would send Kirk but he has never done this before so I'm taking him with me to learn how it's done, he should be back from Cairin this afternoon."

Laurel sighed and got up with a shiver, "two month's that's not too bad, better then four, I could pop you around to each one but that might get commented on" changing into a day dress and sending her nightie back home, Laurel tried to smile, "when are you leaving?" Alex hugged her kissing the tip of her nose "tomorrow morning, the sooner I go the quicker I can get back home to you and the miniature urchin here" gently rubbing her tummy Alex smiled. Alex took Laurel's hand as they left his room, walking down the staircase she glanced down at their hands joined together and smiled feeling better, in the way only Alex could accomplish.

Michael and Rachel greeted Alex and Laurel as they joined them for breakfast, neither said a word but Laurel saw them looking at her ever enlarging stomach and chuckled "yes, I know soon I'll need a wheelbarrow just to rest my tummy in to get across the room" Michael laughed "Alex mother was so large she used to rest her tray of food on her stomach during meals" Laurel giggled when Rachel asked if her dragoness was growing just as rapidly "no thank heavens or I wouldn't be able to fly." Laurel enjoyed breakfast and the morning chatter but could tell that Alex wanted to be on his way, giving Rachel and Michael a hug she said she needed to be getting home. Alex walked her out to the foyer, giving Laurel a kiss and a gentle rub of her tummy "I'll let you know how it goes" Laurel nodded "don't lose your temper with Heloise, it gives her an edge" Alex smiled "I have a few cards up my sleeve urchin, I'll see you for dinner tonight." Laurel smiled "bring Kirk along, I haven't seen him in quite awhile, Kalilah needs a report on her human." Alex grinned then gave her bottom a pat just before she left.

Laurel went out to the forest and sat talking to Murry and Anise. Murry his chest puffing up with pride told her that the Elves of Zinmer Forest would be very happy to make a cradle for her baby, Anise giggled saying they needed to make a dragon size cradle, Laurel laughed looking at tiny Martin asleep on his mother's lap. Getting up to go, Laurel folded her blanket over her arm "I wanted to tell you both that it makes me very proud to have such wonderful, kind and good elves and fairies here at Zinmer, the day you asked me to stay was one of the best days of my life, thank you." Laurel went to check on her lair then headed home.

Laurel gave Kirk a hug when he arrived for dinner with Alex, she chuckled patting his now bearded cheek "you look very wicked with that beard and curled mustache all you need is a black eye patch and I could call you pirate Kirk" Kirk grinned looking around "is the little fairy here?" Laurel shook her head "I can let her know your here but her parents may not let her come over" silently as they went into the dining room Laurel told Kalilah that Kirk was there but she had to ask her parent's permission to join them. A few minutes later Kalilah came flutter in laughing and giggling "mama says I can stay for a few minutes" Kalilah with a ohhhhhhhhhhh flew over to Kirk landing on his shoulder she ran her tiny fingers through his beard "I told you, you would be a lot cuter with a beard, ohhhhh your mustache curls up at the ends that's amazing" Kalilah grinned. Alex and Laurel looked at each other as Kirk laughed gently tapping Kalilah on the tip of her nose "so you like it do you?" Kalilah nodded her head emphatically "oh yes I think it's grand." With her own set of tiny china that Laurel kept for visiting fairies Kalilah sat laughing and giggling telling them all about a squirrel that had gotten annoyed with her brother poking around in a tree and had chased him all over the forest, she kept them all entertained with her stories. With a frown Kalilah sighed "I have to go home, will I see you again soon?" she asked looking at Kirk, "I'm going to be gone for several months with Alex" Kirk told her, Kalilah ohhhh'd saying then if they were both going to be gone she would have to keep an eye on Laurel "you know she is going to have a baby" the little fairy informed Kirk, laughing Kirk said he had noticed, Kalilah giggled then flew up and gave his neck a hug "don't get broken while I'm busy growing up" Kirk with a chuckle told her that he would do his best not to get broken, Kalilah grinned then waving to Alex and Laurel left.

Sitting in the parlor after dinner Laurel finally asked Alex what had happened with Heloise, Alex grinned "she signed the annulment paper's like I thought she would, at first she refused saying she had no intentions of signing either divorce or annulment papers but once I pointed out that I had signed statements from the family that had been raising her child and another from the old woman who had gotten rid of several pregnancies for her. We can thank Lord Roundmoore for that information, I also told her I would publish those sworn statements in the London newspaper and send copies to her Bishop in France, also her family would not be happy to see her removed from the church not to mention the shame of having the letters made public. She was furious but she signed the annulment papers, now all we need is the final approval of the church which shouldn't be a problem." For a moment Laurel felt sorry for the woman, Alex seeing the look on Laurel's face gave her a hug "Heloise made her own bed urchin let her lie in it alone" Laurel nodded still feeling a touch of sadness for her.

Laurel slept curled up against Alex, early the next morning she watched him dress while Ruckle finished packing his bags then carried them downstairs. Alex hugged her close, all their good-byes had been said during the night as they lay in each other's arms, she knew that it would be difficult to be with him at night while he was gone since he would be sharing a room at the Inn's they stopped at with Kirk and possibly Ruckle, she also knew popping in and out at his family estates might cause comment. "I'll be back as soon as possible, love, take care of yourself and the little urchin" Laurel held on to Alex tightly for a moment then stepped back "I will, you take care of yourself, better go now Kirk is already downstairs waiting for you." Alex gave her a hard quick kiss then turned leaving his bedroom, Laurel stood for a moment trying not to cry, when she returned to Zinmer a few minutes later snuggled in her arms was his pillow.

Over the next two months Laurel kept herself busy sewing, helping Dinty in the garden or trying to help, usually Dinty ended up telling her to sit down before her big belly made her topple over. Many evenings she would join Marti'en and Mar for dinner or just spend a quiet evening reading with them, Mar chuckling at her as she asked what this or that word meant, the two would spend hours pouring over books that explained things. Laurel finding a note from Tetly saying he had gotten her a harpsichord and that she could send for it any time was ecstatic, making sure the music room was ready she brought the harpsichord to Zinmer, she sat for hours playing and singing losing herself and her loneliness in the music. In the afternoons the elf and fairy ladies would join Laurel for tea then sit embroidering flowers and designs on the baby clothes Laurel and Betty sewed. Late one afternoon Laurel and Farah watched Kalilah skipping from key to key on the harpsichord smiling and laughing to herself. Farah looked at Laurel "her fascination with the human Kirk has not waned, her father and I have pretty much come to the conclusion that it's not going too" Laurel nodded "when he returns I understand he is planning on traveling to China with Christopher, perhaps once she realizes he has no plans on staying in one place for long, that he has always longed to travel will take some of the edge off her feelings" Farah smiled "ahhh we had no idea he would be going traveling, that should help a great deal." Laurel was glad to see some of the worry leave Farah's face, Farah chuckled "wait until you have a daughter of your own to worry over, they can turn your hair white very quickly" Laurel laughed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.