Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel - Cover

Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Chapter 21

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 21 - A tale of Damsels, Dragons and Knights...and much more. See Disclaimer on author's page for more information. Have fun in fantasy!

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

For the next three month's Laurel kept herself busy with the renovations at Zinmer, she had moved into the Manor House for good several days after the fire, Laurel had turned one of the back rooms into a reading room, transferring most of the books from her lair after she had shelves to put them on, with big chairs in front of the fireplace and rugs strewn about the floor it had become a warm, soothing place to go when things got too hectic. Most nights Alex would wake to her soft body snuggling against his, she was always gone when he woke up in the mornings. As often as possible Alex would come to Zinmer but as spring approached he found himself busy as usual and would soon be traveling to their various estates to make sure everything was going well, he had monthly reports from his agents but had always made it a practice to visit each estate at the very least several times a year.

Laurel answered the front door to find Cook, Betty and Theo the footmen standing with worried smiles on their faces. "You did say Mistress that if we ever needed a place to work we could come here" Betty said concern that perhaps there was no place for them in her voice and on her face. Laurel smiled "of course I did, I'm so glad to see you, come in" ushering them into the foyer, Laurel assured them that they were more then welcome at Zinmer and she certainly could use them. Hearing voices Mrs.Dinty came from the back of the house, Laurel introduced them apologizing to Cook, that she didn't know her name, Cook chuckled saying it was Nell but cook would do fine since it was what she had been answering to for many years. Mrs. Dinty all smiles to have additional help took the three off to show them where the helps quarters where then helped to get them all settled in.

Walking into the kitchen Cook stopped to see a tiny woman standing on a stool at the stove stirring a pot, Izzie smiled saying hello, Cook smiled back "lordy be, are you a little person? My people came from Ireland year's back they used to tell stories about the little people, ohh I'm sorry I'm the new cook Nell, I'm not taking your job am I?" Izzie chuckled "You're welcome to the job I just show up from time to time when I think Laurel isn't eating properly, she is good about breakfast but you have to track her down for lunch and dinner. You'll get used to elves, fairies, and dragons popping in and out all the time, there's some building going on, might have to do some extra cooking for the others." Cook nodded listening as she looked over the kitchen, thinking it was one of the nicest places she had worked in, her room was nice with a window not like most servant's attic rooms, everything here seemed nice and bright. Laurel put on her warm jacket and went out back, finding Dinty, they walked through where the new garden was going to be, they talked about what sort of flowers and shrubbery should go in and where, she mentioned putting in small benches here and there throughout the garden for people to sit on. She was very pleased with the way things were looking Dinty and some of the young boys from the village that had been hired as helpers had worked wonders. Laurel walked until she was on the hill overlooking the Manor House that now gleamed white in the early afternoon sun.

Virlane nudged Mar pointing to the hill, Mar smiled as everyone looked up at the top of the hill, Laurel dancing, her arms spread wide, the wind blowing her hair around her head, they couldn't hear her but knew she was singing as she danced. Laurel danced her way down the hill, laughing as the wind blew, her cheeks pink from the cold wind, when she got to Mar and Virlane she hugged them both laughing. Mar raised an eyeridge, "you're in a fine mood today, anything special or just happy to have gotten your way about the pool room?" Laurel grinned "well you must admit it was a good idea adding a staircase from upstairs right into the pool room so no one has to go wandering through the house in a bathrobe." Virlane laughed "don't mind him, he is just annoyed he didn't think of it himself, come to think of it, I'm annoyed I didn't think of it when we added bathing rooms to Rav and Brand's houses."

On her way back to the house Laurel saw Mar looking closely at her, she grinned with a wink just before she went inside. Mar started to grin "I need to go talk to Marti'en for a minute, make sure she hasn't strangled Liz yet" Virlane just laughed shaking his head, once again going back to the drawings for the stables. Mar found Marti'en sitting having a soothing cup of herbal tea, with a purr he curled around her chair and nuzzled her ear "our hatchie is pregnant" he whispered. Marti'en her cup suspended in mid air started to smile "when did she tell you?" Mar chuckled "she didn't, she just gave me a grin and a wink, after she danced her way down the hill laughing and singing." Marti'en smiled a soft smile "hatchies at Zinmer." Laurel went into the kitchen, glad to see Izzie and Cook chatting away. "There's a letter on the table in the foyer for you, arrived a short while ago" Izzie told Laurel as she poured herself a cup of tea, Laurel nodded thanking Izzie for letting her know, taking her cup of tea with her, she got the letter and went into the book room. Giggling to herself as she sat down "a baby, Alex's miniature urchin" seeing that the letter was from Tetly Laurel opened it, Tetly letting her know that he had some investments he wanted to talk to her about and a few paper's she needed to sign. Laurel smiled, it was still early she could pop in and see Tetly, then go see Alex and tell him about the urchin, grinning to herself Laurel told Izzie she would be back in few hours, then left, Izzie giving Cook a see what I mean look.

Laurel smiled at Grinley "is Mr.Tetly busy at the moment? I understand he wanted to talk to me." Grinley stumbling over his feet rushed out to see. Laurel chuckled when he almost hit himself in the head opening the door saying Mr.Tetly was free and could see her right away, Laurel spent about an hour with Tetly then went to see Alex. Laurel heard Alex and Michael's voices coming from the dining room, with a frown she stopped at the door listening. "Alex, you need to do something to stop this nonsense, the vicious rumors Heloise has been spreading are starting to be believed because you have said nothing to refute them, your loosing business partners and investors, invitations to social functions have become almost none existent, the invite to the Fordham ball tomorrow night is the first in two months. Joe has been sent down from school again for fighting, sticking up for your and Laurel's honor, Kirk is being given the cold shoulder by those he thought were friends. Thank the lord Laurel isn't in town to hear the vile things that are being said about her."

Alex sighed "I know all that Grandfather, what can I do? Smear Heloise name and bring myself down to her level? I keep waiting for some new wild gossip to take the place of this damn divorce that seems to be the talk of the whole town but it's all they want to snicker and chew over. I won't leave town that looks too much like I'm running from the truth, that's why I have every intention of attending Fordham's ball tomorrow night. Once things are over and done with my business dealings will improve, we aren't losing that much yet. I had thought about seeing if Kirk and Joe could go for an extended visit to Zinmer just to get them out of the way of the gossips. As for Laurel, I want her kept out of it if at all possible, it's ludicrous what their saying, half believe I have her hidden away so she can't support Heloise claim of my impotence, the other half believe she is off somewhere to dull and stupid to be allowed in public, that she is just a ball of fluff."

Laurel returned home without talking to Alex, she sat for a long time in her book room, then with a nod she went out back to see if Virlane was still there. Laurel quietly asked Virlane if he had a moment to talk, Virlane listened to Laurel with a growing frown, Laurel touched his arm "if ever there was a need for a show of force it's now, we have to do something before Alex is ruined by Heloise." Virlane grinned "ohhh I think we can provide that, invitations to the Fordham bash coming up, you just worry about fixing yourself up a spectacular ball gown and leave the rest to me" Laurel gave him a tight hug "thank you." That night Alex felt Laurel slip into his bed and snuggle up against him, he wrapped her in his arms "this is what I needed, love, having you here in my arms gives me strength to face each day" he thought to himself as he kissed her forehead, Laurel nibbled Alex ear then whispered "how would you feel if I told you we have a little urchin on the way?" Laurel felt Alex pull away then heard a match strike, in the candle light Alex looked intently at Laurel "you're pregnant?" Laurel nodded "you're sure?" he asked, Laurel nodded again feeling tears flood her eye's, why wasn't he smiling or hugging her or something? A slow grin started to spread across Alex face "you're pregnant!" Laurel laughed "yes I am!" Alex started to laugh pulling her into his arms "we are going to populate the earth with singing urchins" Laurel giggled "umm Alex, singing urchin dragon hatchlings" Alex face went blank for a minute "oh hell how hard can it be to burp a baby dragon" Laurel started to laugh again "I don't know but I think we're going to find out." Alex kissed her a hard quick kiss "how pregnant are you?" Laurel kissed him back with a hard quick kiss "three months" Alex frowned "why didn't you say something sooner?" Laurel sighed feeling very foolish "because I didn't figure it out until this afternoon, I've been so busy at Zinmer I wasn't paying attention to other things." Alex made long, slow sweet love to Laurel, the two falling asleep in each other's arms, for the moment lost to the outside world.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.