Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel
Chapter 18

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 18 - A tale of Damsels, Dragons and Knights...and much more. See Disclaimer on author's page for more information. Have fun in fantasy!

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

Laurel went to her bedchamber standing numb and silent she let Betty help her out of her lovely gown, putting on a dressing gown she sat slowly brushing her hair. Betty frowned watching Laurel with a tiny scroll muttering to herself, she thought Laurel would have been dancing around after having finally gotten to the opera. Quietly Laurel asked Betty to start packing her things, except for the green gown saying she would be leaving tomorrow instead of Tuesday, her business her in town finished earlier than expected. Silently Laurel said to Revanche "when the legal ownership papers are filed, copied and ready for me to pick up, will you message me and let me know, I'm sorry to bother you at such a late hour I just want to receive word as soon as possible." Revanche stuck at a late evening dinner party frowned "is everything all right? Laurel" Laurel set down her hair brush "yes everything is fine, will you do that for me?" Revanche still frowning hearing an odd tone in Laurel's voice "yes, certainly, they should be ready early Monday perhaps sooner if I can get Grinley to write faster." Laurel whispered "thank you, goodnight Re." Revanche whispered back "good night Laurel."

Laurel went into the parlor, running fingers over her harp she sent it back to her lair. Laurel smiled at the footmen who brought in a large tea tray "cook was concerned you didn't eat much supper, she thought you might like a small something to nibble on" Laurel looked at the food and thought if she took one mouthful she would probably vomit "tell cook thank you I appreciate her thoughtfulness" pouring herself a cup of tea Laurel heard the front door open and Alex voice saying something to the footmen.

Alex walked into the parlor quietly shutting the door behind him, he stood with his hand on the door knob looking at Laurel, with a sigh he went over and poured himself a brandy. "Heloise wasn't a secret I was trying to keep from you Laurel, just that in the short time we've been together here in London I haven't had a chance to bring her up. No that's not true, I've started to mention her several times I just didn't want to see anything happen to spoil what we had, I was hoping legalities would be finished before you knew about her." Laurel looked at Alex not saying a word for a minute "what did we have to spoil Alex? less than a week of wonderful sex and laughter?" Laurel knew she was being harsh but she had to know where she stood with this man who had captured her heart.

Alex sat down next to Laurel and took her hands in his "I thought it was more than that Laurel, I hoped it was the beginning of a life filled with love, passion, laughter, tears, all the things that hold a man and woman together for their whole lives." Gently Alex picked up a lock of Laurel's hair letting it fall through his fingers "will you listen and let me explain about Heloise?" Laurel nodded not saying anything, getting up she poured herself another cup of tea not wanting to be sitting so close to Alex because all she wanted to do was put her arms around him and try to take away the pain she saw in his eyes, she didn't want to believe that Alex had just been using or playing with her, she had taken him into her life and her heart, she didn't want it to end like this.

"Heloise and I were betrothed while we were still in our cradles, a way to strengthen family connections and fortunes, more for her family then mine. Her father and mine had been schoolmates and had grown up together in neighboring estates. I rarely saw her as I was growing up, her family liked to travel and spent most of their time in France and Austria. When she turned 18 her father insisted I honor the betrothal and marry Heloise, as with many marriages where the bride and groom barely know each other we married, her family insisting on a big lavish wedding. On our wedding night she laughed in my face saying she had a lover she was very happy with and had only married to satisfy her family and to one day become the Duchess of Saxony the most powerful Duchess in the country, then she shut the door in my face. I was a very idealistic, romantic young man of 18, at first I was crushed, then furious, then mortified that anyone should find out she had made a fool out of me." Alex once again remembering those days scowled at his brandy snifter "that was almost fourteen years ago, I have never touched Heloise as a wife. Her lover of the time soon became disenchanted with her and left, she has had many others over the years from what I have heard. It didn't seem to matter I had brother's to carry on the line, then my parent's and younger sister Addy were drowned in a sailing accident, three months later Grace's son died and I met an urchin who sang like an angel. A month after you ran out of the bedroom I went to the church seeking an annulment dissolving my marriage to Heloise, she has refused to agree to the annulment, two days ago I sought legal advice and filed for divorce, the scandal will be outrageous but that's nothing new for our family, we've weathered worse. I hadn't planned on saying anything to you Laurel until it was all over with. I don't want you pulled into the muck that will be sure to follow. Once everything was said and done then I would be free to ask you to be my wife, my lover, the mother of many urchins." Alex stood with his back stiff his heart in his throat waiting for Laurel to speak.

"Zinmer and I will always be there for you if you need to escape the muck, Alex, and if things become too difficult you can always borrow one of my forks. I would be lying if I said I wasn't hurt, angry, shocked but most of all confused because I knew I could trust you. I wanted to run as quickly as possible and hide in my lair crying, I couldn't do that again Alex because I love you. As I told Heloise, I wasn't finished with you yet and I doubt I will be for at least fifty years, after that we should be ready to settle in a bit don't you think." Laurel put her hand on Alex chest, she could feel his heart thudding against her palm, Alex reached down and took her hand kissing her fingers then her palm, pressing it back to his chest he brushed his lips over hers whispering into her mouth "I love you urchin, forks and all." Sweeping her up into his arms he carried her upstairs to bed.

Alex chuckled, watching Laurel burrow under the covers muttering that it wasn't time to get up yet "I have to get going love, Grace is returning home today, I should be there to see her off, I also want to check on Kirk and have a long overdue talk with Joe." Laurel stuck her head out from under the covers "how do you manage to remember everything you plan to do?" Alex chuckled "years of practice, start keeping a list and you will soon be doing the same thing, I should be back in time for dinner, I hope there are a few forks left." Laurel just grinned "I always have spares."

Revanche sighed in frustration as he listened to Lady Carolyn talk about the up coming week's activities. Silently he asked Chloe if she would like to visit his family, he would contact her parents and get their permission. Revanche chuckled telling Chloe he was about to put her Aunt Carolyn in a deep sleep for the remainder of the day just so he didn't have to listen to her chattering. Chloe almost laughed out loud when she told Revanche that she probably talked in her sleep, she said that she would love to visit his family and was sure hers would have no problem with it. Luke joining the three poured himself a cup of coffee, he started to chuckle commenting he didn't like the opera but last night was the exception to the rule, the last he had seen of Halprin he was being carried out demanding a surgeon. Chloe giggled "I couldn't see over the crowd but I heard it was quite amusing, even though the poor man was screaming like he'd been stabbed with a cutlass." Lady Carolyn frowned "it's terrible when the opera becomes a dangerous place, I was quite surprised to see Alex Breeton's wife, Heloise last night, I thought she was in Europe at her families estate, everyone was commenting on the fact that she was not in the Saxony family box, the speculation on who Laurel was seemed to be the gossip of the night."

Three pairs of shocked eyes turned to Lady Carolyn, Luke was the first to say something "since when has Alex had a wife?" Lady Carolyn smiled at her son "if you would come out more often from your workroom you might know what's going on. Why he has been married since he was a young man, it's been hmmmmmm let me see, I would say at least fourteen years since the two wed, it was quite a big affair. I do believe that Heloise spends most of her time traveling, she finds our weather tedious was what she told me some years ago." Revanche and Chloe exchanged looks, Revanche stood up bowing slightly to Lady Carolyn "I need to be off, I have some paper's that have to be delivered to Laurel, would you care to join me Chloe, I believe Laurel leaves for home tomorrow." Chloe smiled "I would love to join you, it's a lovely day out for a ride and I want to say goodbye." Luke seeing his mother about to open her mouth, stood up "I'll go along as chaperone since Mother has plans for the day." Lady Carolyn frowned but didn't say anything.

Alex looked around the room at his assembled family, "the reason I asked for you all to join me, I want everyone to be aware of the fact that I have filed for a bill of divorcement from Heloise, as soon as it's final I plan on marrying Laurel." Grace gasped "Alex, think of the scandal" Rachel fanning herself vigorously nodded "it will cause a very big scandal, you and Heloise will become food for every gossip in town." Alex sighed "I am aware of that Aunt Rachel but Heloise has left me no other course, I tried some time ago to have the marriage annulled she refused" Michael frowned "on what grounds did you try for an annulment and on what grounds are you now charging for divorce?" Alex looked at his Grandfather "the annulment would have been on the grounds that the marriage had never been consummated, the divorce is on the grounds that Heloise has not fulfilled her obligations as a wife in providing me with an heir and denying me my rights as a husband."

Michael took a sip of his tea "I see, has Heloise been advised of the fact that you have started these proceedings? Kirk please close your mouth you will be catching flies soon." Joe leaned over whispering to Kirk "does that mean they didn't umm you know they didn't, not even once?" Kirk nodded feeling his cheek's heating up. Alex ignoring Grace and Rachel's ohh my's and blushes, shook his head "no the paper's will be delivered sometime in the next three weeks, I was warned this could take as long as a year perhaps longer if she chooses to delay them." Michael gave Alex a thoughtful look "I know this will sound rather extreme, but have you considered stopping her flow of funds, I am well aware that she receives a very large monthly allowance from you, her family is certainly able to finance her travels and provide her with spending money should you stop that allowance." Alex sighed "when she is served with the paper's they will state that all monies cease from that point on, they will also state that her dowry will be returned to her when the divorce is final, I don't want to be cruel about the whole thing I just want it finished so I can get on with my life."

Laurel looked up in surprise when Revanche, Chloe and Luke walked into the parlor, she smiled "I was going to go around later this afternoon and say my goodbyes, are you all out enjoying the sunshine?" Chloe gave Laurel a hug "it's lovely out today would you like to join us, we were going to go for a walk around the park. Revanche also has some papers for you." Laurel smiled "I would enjoy that thank you" pulling out her paper's Revanche handed them to Laurel "these are your proof of ownership and purchase papers, they should be all you need to take possession of Zinmer." With a dazzling smile Laurel took the paper's safely tucking them into her pack, thanking Revanche for getting them to her so quickly, he chuckled saying it wasn't him but Grinley who had done all the work. Laurel grinned saying she would have to thank him before she left.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.