Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel - Cover

Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Chapter 15

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 15 - A tale of Damsels, Dragons and Knights...and much more. See Disclaimer on author's page for more information. Have fun in fantasy!

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

Alex kissed the back of Laurel's neck smiling as she muttered in her sleep, patting her warm bottom he sighed "urchin I have to go, it's late morning and I have some business to take care of." Laurel opened sleepy eye's "is it that late? goodness I have to be off too" stretching her arms over her head she yawned then smiled putting her arms around his neck "do I get a kiss good morning and goodbye" Alex grinned pulling her against his chest growling as her breasts pressed against him, he kissed her deeply "I really have to go" he said kissing her again "so do I" Laurel replied kissing him back. An hour later Alex grinned and kissed Laurel at the bedroom door "I will send you a note if I can't get out of the dinner engagement I have for this evening" Laurel grinned back and kissed Alex "I will send you a note if I have a dinner engagement for this evening." Alex laughed "don't forget your fork." Laurel quickly bathed and dressed, she almost danced down the stairs and into the kitchen. Grabbing a quick breakfast as cook tisked about eating in a hurry, Laurel was soon on her way to Lord Roundmoore's.

Revanche looked up from the papers he had been working on, he stood up in surprise "Chloe what brings you here at this time of the day, is your Mother visiting Mr. Tetly?" Chloe smiled and gave Revanche a quick kiss on the cheek "no, mother doesn't know I'm here, I told her I had some shopping to do, I wanted to talk to you without her listening to my every word." Revanche pulled out a chair for Chloe a look of concern on his face "is something wrong?" Chloe took off her gloves "I don't know Revan, you tell me, I want to know why you sat there and allowed Aunt Carolyn to repeatedly hurt Laurel's feelings, I also want to know why Laurel left early when I know for a fact she did not have a prior engagement." Revanche sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, he had been asking himself the same thing all night "I wanted to say something to stop your Aunt but I was a guest in her house and to be honest didn't know how to stop her short of gagging her, Laurel left because she thought I felt she was an embarrassment or that she might do or say something that would cause you and I embarrassment. That was my fault also but she left before I could clear things up with her."

Chloe sighed "that was so unkind of you Revanche and you're not an unkind man, I consider Laurel my friend I thought you did too, I know you and Laurel were more than just friends once, I don't care about that because I love you and I know you love me. I see the way Laurel looks at you and it's with the love and trust of a good friend, not a woman left behind or of a woman that wants you back. As to Aunt Carolyn next time she does something like that just tell her to be quiet, it worked for my father."

Revanche didn't know what to say "I had no idea you knew about Laurel and I, I do love you Chloe, I want you to know that I love you with all my heart, I was afraid if you knew you might be angry or hurt. I had planned on going and talking to Laurel later today and apologizing." Chloe blushed "several years ago it was the talk of the gathering, the mating of Revanche of Cairin blood and Laurel the songstress, there was a great deal of speculation on what abilities your hatchlings would have if you stayed together, which everyone knows you didn't. I'm not angry or hurt that was in the past before we met, I hope you can make things right with Laurel, the hurt in her eyes and heart last night were very deep." Revanche hugged Chloe tight "I hope so too."

Laurel knocked on the door, she waited patiently for the old butler to open the door, when it did finally open she smiled and stepped inside noticing that he was moving a bit easier then yesterday "I see you tried the herbs, good I'm glad, I brought some more so there would be plenty for both of you." Smiling she was led into Lord Roundmoore's room, she was very pleased to see the drapes had been taken down and the floors swept and washed, there were two women in the room dusting and cleaning all the shelves and furniture. "About damn time you got here girl, I've been waiting all morning, you women get out." Roundmoore yelled. Laurel turned to leave "here now where are you going?" Laurel looked over her shoulder "you told the women to get out, I'm a woman too" Roundmoore glowered at her "not you! the cleaning women, damn impertinence" Laurel chuckled then sat down next to the old man "how is your leg today, have you taken your tea and herbs?"

After the cleaning women had left, Laurel bent over and unbandaged his leg, it looked a hundred percent better "there is no need to keep your leg bandaged, just put some hot towels on it if you feel it aching or it bothers you." Laurel touched his leg gently easing the pain she felt still throbbing around his still swollen ankle. "Would you like me to put some towels on it now?" Laurel asked, the old man snapped "no I want you to go sit and play the harpsichord for me." Laurel smiled, going over to the harpsichord she sat down on a now clean bench, her hands touching the keys gently, she played with the keys her fingers dancing as she hummed and swayed. Laurel played and sang songs of old, light breezy songs of love and laughter, of shared chuckles in the dark of night, she sang of dark eyes that came seeking. Laurel spent several hours playing for the old man, finally with a sigh she got up from the bench saying how much she had enjoyed herself. Sitting back down next to the old man Laurel gave him a smile "what have you decided?" Roundmoore glowered at Laurel making her wait while he fussed at the butler about cold tea, "you can buy Zinmer, the papers are all over there on the desk all signed by me and my damnedable lawyer, only one stipulation, you come play for me whenever you're in the city, you might be interested to know the land came with a title, you're now the Baroness of Zinmer." Laurel was so excited she hugged the old man saying thank you, "here now, here now, no need to go squishing an old man" Roundmoore yelled at Laurel but she could see in his eyes he was pleased. Laurel gathering up the papers and carefully put them in her pack, promising she would stop and play for him whenever she was in town, but warned him it wouldn't be often. Lord Roundmoore frowned "I may not be here, if my leg really does get better I might just go travel, I've always wanted to see the America's and the islands out there." Laurel smiled "be sure and use Flying Dragon ships, tell them Laurel said to give you special service, since I own four ships in the fleet." The old man cackled "damn right I will be sure and make them give me special service. Baroness of Zinmer." Laurel grinned then impulsively gave him a kiss on the cheek, waved goodbye telling the old butler who was grinning at her she would let herself out.

Laurel all but bounced into the dressmakers, she collected her order then headed for Tetly's. Grinley who had never seen a beaming excited Laurel almost fell over his own feet telling Mr. Tetly that Laurel was there. Laurel grinned at Grinley and Tetly taking the papers out of her pack, she handed them over not saying what they were. Tetly sat down slowly reading each page carefully, blinking he looked up at Laurel "you got Zinmer, a Barony and almost three thousand acres plus all the forest acreage in two days time, are you sure you don't want to come work for me?" Laurel was almost too excited to sign the paper's where Tetly indicated and the final authorization for payment to Lord Roundmoore. Tetly had Grinley make copies of the main ownership papers telling Laurel he would have them delivered on Monday, so Laurel when she returned home would have proof of purchase and could retrieve the keys to Zinmer from the local agent.

Laurel when she got home had the footmen carry up her packages to her room, then looked to see if there were any notes for her from Alex. Laurel tried not to sigh when she saw the note from Alex saying his sister Grace was in town and there was no way he could get out of a family dinner but he would be over as soon as possible. Laurel tried not to think of her last meeting with Grace, picking up another note Laurel tore it to small pieces after seeing Revanche's handwriting. Laurel went to the small writing table and wrote out a note to Lady Carolyn saying she would be unable to attend the opera with them, she thanked Lady Carolyn for her assistance while in town saying she would be leaving the following week. Smiling widely to herself Laurel wrote to Izzie and Marti'en saying she had gotten Zinmer and that she should be home next week. She also wrote to Virlane thanking him for all his help and the introduction to Mr. Tetly and what been accomplished so far.

Laurel washed up for dinner, glancing over and over again at the beautiful dress that Beth was smoothing out before hanging up. It was emerald green, the small puff sleeves off the shoulder, the back dipping down daringly low, the bodice form fitting down to the waist, the skirt flaring out only slightly in folds of material, there were long elbow length gloves and slippers of matching material and a long cape with white satin lining. Laurel was almost afraid to try it on, it was very provocative to her way of thinking but Betty assured her that by today's standards it was almost a nun's outfit which made Laurel giggle.

Alex gritted his teeth and rolled his eyes listening to Grace tell everyone how well John her husband was doing at the estate. Alex nodded to himself, the man better be doing well, it had taken Alex over six months to get the man out of the bottle after his son's death. Alex sighed, John wasn't a bad man just easily swayed, he had been talked into some very bad investments which had ruined him, they had shown up at the estate their son deathly ill from a cold that had settled in the boys chest while they had been traveling to the estate, in the last few month's Alex had noticed that John had gotten involved in the running and working of the estate and seemed to once again be happy. Grace was trying to get John to return to London, which to Alex and his Grandfather's thinking would be the worst place for the man, to many schemes, to many taverns and parties which would only drag him back down into drinking. For heaven sakes thought Alex the man is happy, leave him alone.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.