Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel - Cover

Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Chapter 13

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 13 - A tale of Damsels, Dragons and Knights...and much more. See Disclaimer on author's page for more information. Have fun in fantasy!

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

Laurel noticed the shocked look on the maids face "is there something wrong?" the maid coughed delicately "ladies don't wear breeches in town, Mistress, it's just not done" with an ohhh Laurel went to the bag that Izzie had helped her pack and pulled out a skirt and blouse sighing, one of the first things she had done when she had gotten to the rented house was go to her bedroom and strip out of the dress and petticoats that Izzie had insisted she wear. Laurel changed giving the maid a "will this do look" the maid nodded saying her attire would do for an evening spent at home.

Laurel ate a solitary dinner sitting at a long table she was shocked at the amount of food that had been prepared for one person, making a mental note to say something about that to the cook in the morning. Taking her book into what the maid called the parlor Laurel sat going over her visit with Tetly, she had been so hesitant to sign her name to anything but if Virlane and Mar trusted the man she should be able too. Tomorrow she planned on wandering through the city, she wanted to find the places that Kat had told her about, she also wanted to find the street musicians that Natalie had mentioned.

Laurel smiled as the footman announced Re, Chloe, her Aunt Carolyn and her cousin Luke. Laurel gave Re and Chloe a hug telling Chloe how nice it was to see her again then turned to Chloe's Aunt and cousin saying how pleased she was to meet them. Laurel sighed to herself seeing the look in the Aunt's eyes, she had seen that look so many times from women who were worried about their daughters or sisters or friends being outshone by Laurel, what was she supposed to do? Go around in sack cloth and ashes begging one and all forgiveness for the way she looked. Luke stepped into the sudden silence asked Laurel if she was the one who had gotten his brother Jeremy's harp, Laurel smiled saying indeed she was and how thrilled she was to have the harp. Luke smiled back entranced saying he hoped to be able to hear Laurel play it at some time in the near future. Carolyn seeing the way Luke was staring at Laurel commented that they had received a letter from Revanche's Mother saying that Laurel was interested in attending the opera and possibly a few musical evenings given by acquaintances of theirs that Revanche had been introduced too.

Laurel took a deep breath and pasted a smile on her face "it was very kind of Natalie to suggest such a thing but I am only going to be in town for a short time, I doubt it will be difficult to purchase a ticket or two for the opera, as too musical evenings that's not necessary at all." As the footman pushed in the tea cart Chloe who couldn't understand why her Aunt was being so cold to Laurel started chatting about how much she thought Laurel would enjoy going to a soiree or two while she was in town. Laurel pouring tea with every bit of grace Lady Joan had taught her, listened to Chloe chatter, Revanche filling in about some of the sights of town. They talked about how much Revanche enjoyed learning from Mr. Tetly, Laurel filled Re in on the goings on that she knew about from home. Chloe asked Laurel if she would be so kind as to play the harp for them, Laurel happy to do anything that would stop Chloe's aunt from giving her those looks brought the harp into the parlor from her lair. Laurel played a song for them, then at Chloe's insistence she sang an old song for her, when she was done she slid the harp to the side instead of sending it back.

Laurel almost rolled her eyes in relief when Carolyn stood up saying they had to be on their way to a social function, as Re helped Chloe on with her wrap Laurel looked Carolyn straight in the face and said quietly "I am not a threat to Chloe or anyone else, I am not interested in your son or sons, I have no designs on anyone, I came here to see the town, attend the opera, perhaps a few social get togethers and conduct some business that's all, I hope I've made myself very clear." Carolyn could only nod at such blunt talking "if day after tomorrow is fine with your schedule I shall come by and take you to the dressmakers, if you are going to attend the opera you will need to be properly attired." she said a bit coldly to Laurel, Laurel looked at Revanche asking if it was absolutely necessary that she have a dress just to wear to the opera, when he nodded saying she really did need the right clothes Laurel gave in and said that the day after tomorrow would do just fine.

In the carriage Revanche looked at Carolyn "just to let you know, Laurel is the adopted hatchling of Mar and Marti'en, also once you get past seeing what Laurel looks like you will find a very kind, loving woman, you might also be surprised to know that Laurel rarely gives a moments thought to her looks or her appearance." Carolyn blanched, it certainly wouldn't do to anger the Ancient One's hatchling, let alone Mar who could be a force to be reckoned with when angered. Luke chuckled to himself all those looks and a dragoness to boot, who sang like an angel what a combination.

The next morning Laurel got up and dressed in her shirt, jacket, breeches and tall leather boots, took her back pack with her lute firmly strapped on and went downstairs for breakfast, she startled the cook by going in the kitchen and pouring herself a cup of hot coffee that was on the stove explained to the cook that she was a light eater and did not require 3 course meals for dinner, one course would do just fine and that she preferred a small breakfast of either porridge or scrambled eggs with biscuits. The cook who was used to snotty society women smiled saying she had a pot of porridge all ready cooking for the staff, she would serve that to Laurel if she didn't mind. Laurel smiled "porridge is porridge it doesn't matter what pot it comes out of." Laurel was soon eating her breakfast and sipping her coffee listening to the cook humming as she worked around the kitchen.

Laurel left the house and went exploring, she had a wonderful time in the park watching the people stroll by, she listened to the vendors hawking their wares, the fruit sellers and flowers sellers calling out what they had for sale. Turning the corner Laurel stopped seeing some fiddlers coming down the street, with a smile on her face she said hello saying she had heard about London's street musicians. One of the men leered at her "for the likes of you try Vauxhall, even if yea got a voice that squeaks like a mouse they would hire yea" Laurel with a frown not quite sure what the man was talking about said she wasn't looking for a job but just wanted to sing and play her lute. The man laughed "oh yea can sing can yea? Why don't yea give us a demonstration of at least one of your talents" Laurel almost hissed at the man, swinging her pack off her back she unstrapped her lute, so they wanted a demonstration did they.

Laurel slung her pack back on her shoulder, then started to play her lute, she grinned to herself as the looks on the men's faces slowly started to change, when she started to sing, bringing people crowding around she almost laughed seeing the men quickly act like they were with Laurel, touting her skill as a singer and musician. After several hours of strolling with the men playing and singing with them Laurel waved goodbye saying she was off to do some more exploring.

Laurel had a grand time peeking into shops and pubs, she stopped at an Inn called the Wild Boar for lunch, from the raised eyebrows when she walked in and the way the people were dressed she figured she better leave, the ladies having outraged shocked looks on their faces. Laurel whistling as she walked down the street not paying attention to the carriage's going by stopped hearing her name called, Laurel looked around then went pale seeing a carriage stop and Alex jump out calling her name. Frozen in place Laurel wanted to run, she wanted to cry, she wanted to fling herself into his arms and kiss him until she died from the pleasure of it.

Laurel found herself looking up into Alex's dark eyes, then blinked to find herself being grabbed by her upper arms and shaken, her head snapping back and forth as Alex yelled at her "do you know how long I searched for you, do you know how many towns and villages I scoured trying to find you, you just vanished on me damn you!" Shoving his fingers into her hair Alex kissed Laurel long and hard, his mouth slashing over hers over and over again, Laurel heard herself whimper against his lips not being able to get enough of his kisses, her own fingers curled tightly in the lapels of his coat. "Alex, do you think it's quite the thing to be standing out in public ravishing street urchins" a voice said from the inside of the carriage, Alex laughed "just this particular urchin, Grandfather" holding onto Laurel's wrist with an iron grip, she let out a shriek as he picked her up and tossed her into the carriage.

Michael Breeton fifth Duke of Saxony raised a white eyebrow at the young person suddenly sitting across from him who was glowering at his grandson "hello, I don't believe we've met before" he said smoothly, Laurel smiled at the old gentleman "hello, no I don't believe we have, my name is Laurel, songstress and urchin" he chuckled watching her go back to glowering at Alex "I take it this is the young woman you have been turning the country upside down for in the last year" Alex grinned at his Grandfather "your right it is" the old gentleman asked "now that you've found her what do you plan on doing with her?" Laurel snapped "would you two please stop talking about me as if I were not sitting here listening."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.