Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 10 - A tale of Damsels, Dragons and Knights...and much more. See Disclaimer on author's page for more information. Have fun in fantasy!

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

Revanche snapped "you had no call to say that Saraphina, Laurel is a friend of mine." The Italian dragoness who had felt very threatened by the way Revanche had looked at the female Laurel gave him a sad little smile "I am so sorry, we have so many beggars at home I spoke without thinking, please forgive me my darling." Still feeling annoyed Revanche frowned, he had not asked Saraphina to come with him to the gathering, she had appeared next to him a few moments after he arrived saying she missed him too much and just had to join him for his gathering. He had been trying to think of a nice way to tell her that he was not happy that she had shown up, she had been a pleasant interlude nothing more. Revanche had made that perfectly clear from the very beginning, they both had known it was a temporary relationship, but it was obvious Saraphina didn't take goodbyes well.

Laurel went to her campsite, pushed dirt over the small firepit making sure the fire was out, rolled up her bedroll put her flute in her pack, picked up her harp, slung it over her shoulder with her pack and left the gathering. Back at her lair she took out the flute and books she had purchased, setting them on the desk in the book room she then got the harp and took it out of the traveling sack and put it on a small table in the same room, as she walked out of the room she ran her fingers over the strings. Opening the package of fabric Laurel put it where Izzie would see it then went into her bedchamber, stripped off her clothes and crawled into the huge bed, pulling the covers up over her shoulders she curled up and cried herself to sleep.

Izzie with a big smile on her pretty face looked at the material, with a chuckle she muttered to herself that Laurel had certainly gotten serviceable fabric, if you were a laborer in the fields, she needed to have a little talk with Laurel about how the songstress of Zinmer Forest should look. Spotting Laurel's pack Izzie frowned, quietly going into the bedchamber she saw Laurel asleep on the big bed, she noticed the tear swollen eyes, the clothes on the floor which was unusual for Laurel who was extremely tidy. Izzie muttering to herself went into the kitchen, she started the stove heating, put on a kettle of water to boil then went back into the bedchamber, picking up Laurel's clothes she set them over the back of a chair, set her boots next to the chair then went back to the kitchen to check on the water.

Laurel woke up and lay snuggled under the covers for a minute, sniffing she frowned, was that bread she smelled, getting up and pulling on an old bathrobe and a pair of socks, she went and splashed some cold water on her face pushed her hair back and went look in the kitchen. "What are you doing Izzie?" Laurel asked tiredly, Izzie turned with a smile "I'm fixing you breakfast, sit down, there is hot tea on the table, pour yourself a cup." Laurel poured herself a cup of tea and sat down watching Izzie bustling about. Izzie glanced over her shoulder at Laurel as she stood on a stool at the stove "so what sent you scurrying back from the gathering in tears?" Laurel frowned into her tea cup "it was nothing, I'm going back tonight to pick up my new boots and shoes" Izzie set the fresh hot bread and a bowl of butter on the table "nothing set you to crying, how odd, now why don't you tell me what happened."

Laurel fixed herself a piece of bread and butter Mmmmming over the taste, she started to tell Izzie nothing had happened, instead like a dam that was filled to over flowing Laurel started talking, she told Izzie about the Gypsies, Jacob, Revanche, her voice caught for a second as she told about Jacob's death and what had happened with Alex and his sister. Izzie set a plate of food in front of Laurel then sat down at the table, encouraging Laurel to eat as she talked. Laurel as she ate told Izzie about Marti'en and Mar, Virlane, Kat and Lady Joan she sighed as she talked about the gathering, the high cost of everything, what she had heard said about Re and his trip to Europe, Re's Italian dragoness and her shabby comment and ended with almost falling over Trink every time she turned around.

Izzie didn't say anything as she listened to Laurel knowing she needed to get everything said. Izzie shuddered inside at the idea of a young woman out on the roads all alone wandering the country trying to earn enough to keep herself fed and warm, it was a good thing that she hadn't been around or that Grace woman certainly would have gotten a piece of her mind, whore and trollop indeed. She heard the tone of voice Laurel used when she said Alex name and the tone she used when she said Re's name, humming to herself Izzie put the dirty dishes in a big basin to soak then turned to Laurel. Hopping down off her stool she took Laurel by the hand and lead her into the bedchamber saying she wanted Laurel to see something, she made her stand in front of the big long mirror in a corner. "Look at yourself Laurel, your too thin, your cheek, hip and collar bones are poking out to much, you're tired to the core and it shows in your eyes, you haven't been eating well that effects everything even making your hair look limp and lack luster you're not getting the proper nutrients." Going over Izzie picked up Laurel's clothes "the knee's and seat are almost worn through in these britches, there are holes worn in the elbows of your jacket, look at your camisole it's so thin from repeated washing's a piece of gauze is thicker. I know you haven't had the time to pay attention to your clothes in a long time, it's time to change things Laurel, now what I want you to do is go take a long soak in the bubbling pool, go back to bed sleep all day long, when you wake up I will leave some food on the table for you, eat it all then go back to bed, sleep until it's time to go pick up your boots, then we will go shopping at the gathering."

Laurel raised an eyebrow at the "we" asking Izzie if she planned to come along, she almost laughed when Izzie put her hands on her hips saying of course she was going it was about time someone took Laurel in hand and she was just the elf to do it. With a sigh Laurel knew Izzie was right, it was time to make some changes what better time than now, she could spend what she wanted at the gathering without fear of local gossip and she really hadn't noticed her clothes were that bad until Izzie pointed it out to her. Telling Izzie she was right Laurel headed for the bubbling pool and a long hot bath.

Laurel didn't think she would be able to go back to sleep but she was wrong, she slept until late in the afternoon getting up she went in the kitchen to find a covered platter. Not realizing how hungry she was until she smelled the food Laurel ate every bite then went back to bed, Laurel was shocked when she woke up again to see that it was almost nine at night. Izzie came in telling Laurel her supper was ready, she sighed taking out the only other set of clothes Laurel owned, they were almost as bad as the one's she'd worn the night before. After dressing Laurel sat and ate her dinner with Izzie, the two cleaned up and put the dishes away, Izzie smiled "now go dip into that old mean dragon's hoard, bring plenty because we are going shopping!" Laurel looked at Izzie in surprise, Izzie grinned "every dragon has a hoard, you were just the exception to the rule, now you have one so use it, don't turn yourself into a miser Laurel, being thrifty is good but you can go to extremes." Laurel went into the bedchamber and filled her coin pouch with both coins and jewels, putting a handful of coins in her jacket she came back out, taking the coins she gave them to Izzie "it's nice to have a little jingle in your pocket" Izzie grinned then looked Laurel over nodding it would just have to do for now.

Laurel picked up her pack, made sure her lute was secure then turned to Izzie "you ready?" then laughed Izzie stood next to Laurel her eye's squeezed shut and her face all scrunched up "we're just going to the gathering, not an execution Izzie" Izzie opened one eye then quickly closed it "I know, let's do it." Laurel giggled "Izzie you can open your eyes now" Izzie shook her head "just tell me when we get there, then I will" Laurel laughed saying they were all ready there, Izzie popped her eyes open "that was quick" she said with a grin at Laurel's laugh.

The two first went to the cobbler's, Laurel looked her boots and shoes over very carefully, she smiled at the cobbler the work he had done was first rate, sending them on to her lair she and Izzie decided to start at the beginning of the booths and work their way through. At the book booth Laurel bought the four books she wanted on herbs and herbal remedies after Izzie assured her she would help her read them and that the elves of Zinmer Forest knew quite a bit about herbs just that they didn't have access to many of them, which sent them next to a booth that sold dried herbs and seeds. Laurel smiled at Izzie "there is a fabric seller, she wasn't here yesterday let's go see what she has" laughing Laurel thought if Izzie had had an umbrella she would have looked like a general advancing upon enemy troops.

Laurel was appalled at the type of fabric Izzie was looking at, satins, brocades, velvets, while Laurel was looking a broadcloth and chambray. Laurel frowning decided to go get herself a cup of tea then try and talk some sense into Izzie turning she jumped back "Trink you need to start wearing bells or something so I know your there!" she snapped. Izzie came over with a swatch of silk, almost bumping Trink out of the way with her hip she held it up against Laurel's shoulder nodding to herself. "Izzie listen to me your looking at totally impractical material" Laurel told Izzie. "Welllll now who might you be me purty, ain't seen you here about's before" Trink winked at Izzie a big smile on his face. Izzie turned to Trink put the swatch of silk over her arm reached up and straightened the bow in his beard "My name is Izzie, I am Laurel's new housekeeper and Nanny, now if you will excuse us I have some convincing to do." Laurel threw up her hands and went to get herself a cup of tea when Trink chortling about the Nanny bit started to help Izzie matching and choosing fabrics.

Laurel swore under her breath patting her pockets, she had given Izzie her change purse earlier when they had first arrived at the fabric stall, with a sigh she stood undecided if she wanted to brave Trink and Izzie again just for a cup of tea. Laurel gave the woman behind the counter a smile "could I trade a song for a hot cup of tea?" Laurel looked up as Revanche set down a coin "the lady would like a cup of tea" he said with a smile, Saraphina smiled a sweet smile at Laurel "he is so kind to lend a hand to friends who are needy, would you have actually tried to sing to pay for a cup of tea? my dear" Laurel smiled a sweet smile back at Saraphina "I've paid my way with my voice for a long time, I can imagine how you pay your way, my dear, from the look of you I doubt you make much money, although one never knows you seem to be pretty good with your mouth." Saraphina hissed loudly Laurel simply laughed as she walked away with the parting comment "I throw a pretty mean punch just ask Re." Rav who had been standing next to Revanche had to walk away for a minute so he could get the grin on his muzzle under control, Natalie would enjoy hearing this one he thought, she was having a very difficult time being polite to the Italian dragoness.

Laurel was still snickering to herself when she got to the fabric stall, with a groan she looked at Trink loaded down with wrapped packages of material and sewing notions to go with the fabric. Izzie her hands on her hips smiled at Laurel "if he is going to follow us around he might as well make himself useful, I am surprised at his fashion sense though considering his ratty beard" Trink didn't see the wink but Laurel did. Trink with an outraged gasp dropped the packages, his hands going to his beard, puffing up he glowered at Izzie "I'll be havin yea know me beard is the talk of the pretties" Izzie picked up the packages handing them to Laurel to send to the lair, just chuckled at Trink "oh I'm sure they do talk about it, considering how badly it needs a good trimming, it's rather sad a fine dapper looking elf like yourself letting his beard go" with another gasp Trink turned on his heels and stormed off.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.