The Destroyers, Book 2: Hope and Betrayal
Chapter 1: The Voice and the Schemer

Copyright© 2008 by Monbade

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1: The Voice and the Schemer - The journey continues, does ken survive? what's going to happen now? wait and see.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Mind Control   Science Fiction   Horror   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory  

"Hello, again, this is Elizabeth Chang, aboard the Terran Federation Battleship USS Washington where emotions are running strong among the crew. Yesterday morning, a move was made to bring happiness back to a young girl's life, by reuniting her with her family. They had survived the blast that leveled Reno.

"Why the girl was on this ship, I haven't been told; but she, along with her family, have been reunited aboard the ship. Rumors say they have been offered a chance to go out among the stars. If I were her or her family, I would go. It would be an adventure of the lifetime," Beth took a breath and continued her report.

"Admiral Thompson was gunned down with a high-powered rifle yesterday morning, while he was walking down the ramp of his shuttle to complete the reunion.

"The sniper, a young man who thought Earth was being invaded, shot Admiral Thompson in the chest and in the head. The young girl is devastated by this attack, on Admiral Thompson. The Admiral is alive, but in critical condition in the ship's medical facilities.

"These facilities are running at two hundred percent as they try to save over three thousand people who were wounded in the recent explosion in Reno. Already the crew of the ship has airlifted over forty thousand people out of the danger zone in the last twenty-four hours.

"In other news, Governor Lisa Andrew has asked the Federal Government to declare the state of Nevada a disaster area. The governor is still waiting on word from Washington.

"However, on another note, I can say this. Over five million emails have come in offering prayers to every single family who had been affected by this horrendous attack.

"I also have some good news for all the citizens of the world. Before Admiral Thompson was shot, he stated that he will release all the medical knowledge for the cures to all the diseases that are ravaging our people. I am talking cures for cancer, Lou Gehrig's disease, and heart disease. They also offer other medical cures for obesity, blindness, and diabetes. If you have lost an arm or leg, they offer to regrow you a new one for you. Therefore, in my book, these are good people that only want to help the world. This is Elizabeth Chang, for CNN, aboard the USS Washington."


Tammy stood beside Ken's bedside holding his hand, and looked up as Molly came over and started scanning him. Holding back the tears in her eyes, she watched her do her readings and then wiped the tears away as they started to run down her face.

"Why hasn't he woken up yet? It's been nineteen hours,"

"Tammy, he will wake up when he is ready. His body is healing from the massive wound he suffered to his chest,"

Looking over at Tammy, she saw the exhaustion on her friends face, "Tam, why don't you go get some sleep and I will call you when he wakes up,"

"No! I will stay here. I have to be here for him," Tammy said as she shook her head.

She looked down into Kens face and smiled at him as she brushed his hair out of his face. She bent down and kissed his forehead.

Molly saw the love in Tammy's eyes as she bent down to kiss Ken. As Tammy straightened up, she leaned over and hugged her tightly.

"Okay, stay. But at least do one thing for me? Sit in a damned chair, and give your legs a break."

Tammy smiled at Molly's concern, and replied, "Okay. I'll sit down for you."

Walking over to a stack of chairs, she picked up the top chair in the stack and carried it back to Ken's bed. Sitting down she took his hand back in hers, and stared at his face.

"Better?"

Molly patted her shoulder, and said, "Much. I will be in my office doing some reports, call me if there is any change."

Picking up her medical pad, she went into her office, and started in on her evening reports. Ten minutes later, she was sound asleep at her desk, her medical pad under her right cheek.


Ken lay there dreaming of when he first met Tammy and how her eyes sparkled even then. Suddenly, a voice disturbed his pleasant memories.

'Heal yourself.'

Ken sighed, and said, 'Who are you?'

'I am a friend who will one day know you.'

'Why do you want me healed? I am tired of all this, tired of sending people to their deaths.'

'Death is never an easy burden to bear, and yes you have sent some people to their deaths. But it was not as if you chose to do it on purpose. Besides, Terra has need of you, Ken. She needs everyone you can recruit to defend her. We will never fail you on purpose, but if you give up, then we cannot help but fail. Failing means that Terra dies. But if you fight, we will help you. If you are not present, all I see is death and devastation. You are a kind and generous person who loves people deeply. You will have many children that will need you, to help guide them to honor, loyalty and duty.'

'But why me?'

'I don't know. I didn't choose you, you were chosen.'

'Who chose me, and why?'

'I do not know, maybe God, or Terra, or maybe it is your destiny. Now awaken. Your loved one is hurting and needs you very much.'

'But who are you?'

'We will meet one day, and then we shall see. But for now awaken.'


Ken slowly opened his eyes and looked around the room. He noticed the clock was reading four am. Turning his head to the side, he saw the medical beds stretching along the three hundred foot room and he realized he was in medical. Why he had no idea, but his chest did hurt a little. Turning his head to look for Molly to ask what happened, his eyes settled on to the sleeping face of Tammy, his first love.

Lifting his hand, he noticed his fingers were trembling as he brushed the hair off her face and looked at her. He could see where tears had dried on her cheeks. The tip of her tongue stuck out of the corner of her mouth. As she took a breath, he could hear her small snore of exhaustion from her. Leaning closer he gently kissed her nose, and when he pulled back, he watched it crinkle as if he had tickled her.

Lying there, he watched her eyes flutter open, and he said, "Good morning, my love."

Tammy yawned and smiled at Ken, and said, "Hi lover, it's about time you woke up, you had me worried. How are you feeling?"

Tammy sat up, looked around the room, and noticed everyone else was still asleep. Looking through the window into Molly's office, she saw her sleeping at her desk.

"Let me go wake Molly so she can check you out."

Ken slowly sat up and looked at Molly, sleeping. Then he looked around the medical bay, and saw most of the beds were full.

Shaking his head no, he said, "No, let her sleep. She needs it, help me up."

As he sat up, he could see the puckered scar from the bullet that hit him in his chest. Reaching up he gently touched it.

"I was shot?" he asked.

"Yes Ken. A young man thought we were an alien race attacking the Earth. He shot you, injured Ted in midair, and nailed Corporal Summers who was behind a parked car. Corporal Summers is dead, as is another whose name slips my mind right now. They each took a round through the head. They died instantly.

"The boy's father trained him to shoot. The father is over in Iraq with the National Guard. The boy did not know that we were helping the injured. All he saw was an invasion. None of the marines are upset at him now, especially now that you are going to be okay," Tammy said.

She helped Ken to his feet and she continued with what she was saying, "Ted wants to recruit him for the Marines," Tammy lifted Kens arm over her shoulder and helped him stand.

Ken listened to Tammy's report, and replied, "He hit Ted in midair?"

"Yes, Ted jumped off the ramp, and the bullet grazed his back," Ken slowly walked toward the door with Tammy's help. Entering the passageway, they crossed to the transport tube and entered the capsule.

Ken shook his head in amazement, thinking to himself if he could do that, we need him. "Tell Ted to go ahead and recruit him if he is old enough to sign up."

Tammy smiled up at Ken and said, "He is, and I will let Ted know," Turning Ken around to face the doors she said, "Admiral's quarters,"

The capsule shot across the ship, depositing them outside their quarters twenty seconds later.

"Come my Admiral. Let's get you in bed, and let you get a good night's sleep," she said as she led him out of the capsule and to his quarters

Tammy led Ken into their quarters and across to the bedroom.

As they enter the bedroom, Amy and Jessica appeared and said at the same time, "Ken! You're supposed to be in medical."

Ken smiled at the two beautiful AI, and said, "I know, but I can rest in here just as well as there. Besides they may need the bed for some more wounded," answered Ken.

He groaned as Tammy helped him lay down on their bed. After he caught his breath he continued, "So what's the report on the city?"

"I will get you some juice," Tammy said and walked to the replicator.

"Thanks, Tam," Ken said as Amy started talking.

"We have airlifted seventy thousand people from Reno and another fifty thousand from Sparks to Stead, Virginia City, Carson City and Fallen, Nevada. All the mayors of those towns have been very helpful to us as well as the Governor of the state. No word from the Federal Government, except that they are 'dealing with the problem'. Which, as we know, is a bunch of crap. They have not done anything but try to order us to land and surrender the ship to them. They have blocked all the roads into the area and are turning back all aid to the city," Amy said.

Ken got comfortable on his bed, and asked, "How many... " Ken gasped in pain and continued, "How many more people are left in the cities?"

"About forty thousand. We are picking them up as fast as we can. Anyone with a warrant or an escapee from the local jail is turned over to the Carson City police as soon as we heal them, as well as any looters we catch." Amy stopped with a worried look on her face.

"What's wrong, Amy?" Tammy asked as she looked at her friend and set the glass of juice down on the end table.

"I ... Sir I have a problem. Jason Samara has been picked up in Sparks."

"Who?" Ken asked as he reached for his glass of juice.

"Jason Samara, in 2009 he will be responsible for the most deadliest terrorist attack on the world (not including this one), when his men seize the passenger liner Queen Ann and blow her up with a ten kiloton nuclear device. Twenty-three hundred people are killed when Navy Seals and British SAS board the ship and try to take her back. At the same time, the explosion kills thirty-five thousand people in Montego Bay, Jamaica and swamped the city with a title wave."

"Oh my God," Ken said as he looked at Amy.

"Well, he hasn't done it yet, so he cannot be held for it," Tammy said.

"True, but he will. I say we should just put him in prison..."

Ken interrupted Amy and replied, "No, Amy, it wouldn't be right," Ken said as he set the glass down, and continued, "Do this, recruit him as he is going through his healing process. Get him in the marines and thinking of the T'Lari and the Crytherians. Seal the records of that attack. I do not want anyone to know, and take it out on him."

"Yes, Sir. As you command," Amy said, with a little anger in her voice and then she continued, "However I don't think it would stop him."

"Amy let me ask you this. When did he become a terrorist recruit?"

"In 2006, when his father took him to Saudi Arabia, while he was on a job, there," Amy said.

"Then if he is in the marines now, I don't think he will come under those idiots ideology and their control."

"I didn't think of that Ken, I should have, I am sorry," Amy said as she apologized.

"It's okay. Now anything else?"

"No, Sir."

"Then all I can say is good work you two, and keep it up. Now let me get some more sleep. Then we have some planning to do."

Both AI's smiled at each other and disappeared in a sparkle of blue and silver mist.

Tammy leaned over and pulled off Ken's shoes and pants, and then tucked him into bed. She then started undressing and said to him, "Now sleep my love, I will be here for you," Walking around the bed she slipped in beside him and held him against her breasts as they drifted off to sleep.


Ken walked down one of the long hallways of the ship, he was looking for anyone, so he could ask where the crew was. All he found was an empty ship. Going to one of the transport tubes, he waited for the doors to open and it doesn't. Raising his hand, he pressed the summoning command and waited and it never showed.

'What is going on here?' he asked.

Then a voice, said, 'What's the matter, Admiral?'

Ken whirled around looking for the owner of the voice, but didn't see anyone. 'Who's there?'

The voice, said, 'Your worse nightmare is here, Admiral.'

Ken looked around some more, and said, 'What nightmare is that?'

The voice, said, 'This!'

Ken got dizzy and closed his eyes and when he opened them he saw, Tammy, Amy, Jessica and Jenny sitting at a table drinking and getting drunk.

Jenny grabbed her glass and drained it, and said, 'Ken is such a weakling ... such a fool!'

Jessica laughed, and said, 'For him to actually think we love him, and the whole time we were using him to take all the power from him.'

Amy snorted in amusement, and replied, 'To actually think we would let him touch us.'

Tammy picked up her glass of scotch, and said, 'I agree, every time he touched me, no every time he kissed me I wanted to puke. He kissed like he had never kissed a woman before, ' looking at Jenny, she continued, 'Right Jen?'

Standing up, Jenny leaned over the table, and placed a warm sensual kiss onto Tammy's lips and replied, 'You're so right, lover.'

'No this isn't true it is all an in my mind.'

'No it's all true.'

Ken started shaking his head, and he said, 'No it isn't, its all fake.'

'That's what you think.'

'Nooooo!'


Tammy jerked awake. Sweat ran down her face as she looked at Ken lying there on the medical bed.

"Damn! That felt so real!"

Getting up, she wandered over to the replicator and got a cup of coffee. She continued to walk around the room looking at all the critical patients. Seeing a child lying in one of the beds she walked over and checked on her. Her little arms and legs were badly burned from something. The child's breathing was labored and shallow and she whimpered even in her sleep. Tammy could see the dead flesh turning pink from the nanobots working on the child.

"She should be out of there in about three hours. They thought she was dead until she whimpered in pain. She was covered in jet fuel and she had 3rd degree burns on three quarters of her body. They think her mother kept her face pressed to her body because it wasn't touched," Molly said as she reached past Tammy and pressed several buttons on the bed and whimpering faded away as medicine flooded the child's body.

Tammy turned and faced Molly, and said, "That is so sad, do we know who she is?"

Molly shook her head sadly, and replied, "No we don't even know what airliner she was on, and there were three of them in the pile. All three planes were charred into wreckage. It looked like her mother staggered out of the wreckage and collapsed, but did not make it. But I am not going to give up on the baby! She is going to get better, if it kills me," she said as tears started dropping from her face and she began to shake.

Tammy pulled Molly into a hug and held her, as she started crying.

"It's okay, Molly. You're doing a fantastic job. If anyone can pull her through, it will be you," Tammy said as she looked at the little girl and said, "I hate to ask, but what about Ken? Why hasn't he woken up? It had been almost twenty-six hours since he was shot."

Molly sniffled, smiled up at Tammy and guided her back to Ken's bed. They stood there looking down at him.

"I don't know, Tammy. I am baffled. He had a slight head wound, and the damage to his chest and heart. However, all the medical records say he should have been awake at least twenty hours ago. I have tried a couple of drugs to wake him up, but there had been no change since I gave him the medication. I am stumped and Jessica said to just let him rest and heal on his own,"


Far across the country, ten men walked into a room, and sat down and waited. Finally, the last man came in and looked at all of them.

"Well? Is he alive or dead? When will we take that ship, and use it to crush all our enemies?"

The four-star general at the head of the table looked up at the President in surprise, "Sir, we can't even see the damn thing on radar. How the hell, are we supposed to attack it, Sir,"

"They can see the fuckin thing with their eyes. This is the time to move, with their commander disabled. That CNN reporter mentioned it her news report,"

General Richard Polk sat back in the chair, looked at the president, and said, "Did you listen to the whole report, Sir or just what you wanted too? She also reported that tension was running high on the ship, which means anything can happen. In addition, how do we get our troops onboard the ship? They will see any helicopter from God knows how far away and I'll be damned if I'm going to try an airdrop."

The president fumed at General Polk's comments, and replied, "If you cannot do the job, General Polk, I will find someone who can!"

Richard looked at the papers in front of him before replying, "I am not saying I cannot do the job, I am saying the job is bloody impossible. You saw what that ship did to that Crytherian cruiser. What the hell do you want us to use against them? Nukes?"

Richard sat there and prayed that the President does not said yes on the nukes because of his slip up.

Thomas sat up, and said, "Why not?"

"You, Sir, are out of your God damn mind if you think for one second the military is going to launch nuclear missiles against a target in the United States,"

Thomas flinched at the anger in the Generals voice, and said, "All right calm down, it was just an idea,"

General Polk leaned back in the chair, and replied, "A very stupid one, Sir. If you remember from the Admirals letter to the UN, in it he stated and I quote. 'Right now in orbit of the planet, are anti-missile batteries designed to destroy any ICBM launched and the ability to detect any nuclear weapon in flight, ' end quote." General Polk said.

He adjusted his bulk in his chair and looked at the president, and then back at the other men around the table as he continued, "So we need another idea, and the only one I can think of is to get several squads of Seals or Delta Forces onto one of their shuttles. Take it, and board the ship."

President Kincaide looked up at the General's suggestion and said, "Do it. Get our troops onboard, take the ship, and arrest the officers. Do that and the rest will fall back into the fold. If you have to kill any of them ... oh well. They are traitors to the United States. The FBI had identified this Admiral from his fingerprints on the paper he left at the UN as a 19-year-old Kenneth Andrew Thompson from Reno Nevada. We are not able to check with the conditions in Reno but I will bet you your budget that his entire family was safe onboard that ship while Reno went up in flames,"

"Even if what you say is true they are still not traitors, they stated that to join this Federation they had to give up their citizenship," Richard said as he looked at the president.

"General you are two inches from being relieved. I said they are traitors and I want them in custody or dead with extreme prejudice. Do I make myself clear to you?"

Richard flinched at the sudden spine that had grown in the president, and responded, "Yes, Sir. I will get the men working on it,"

"Good, then I have to go. I have a meeting with the Chinese ambassador over them not being told what was going to happen at the UN," Thomas said as he got up and walked out of the room, leaving the men sitting there looking at each other.


A harsh male voice said, 'Ken, why are you fighting me, surrender to me now and awaken.'

'No, you lied to me, you said I was needed for my loved ones. They don't love me, and they never have.'

The voice said, 'Those were just random thoughts floating in your head that you have strung together to form a false memory.'

'No, it was real! I felt the hate in them, and their contempt for me.'

A very soft, sweet and very feminine voice interrupted the other voice, 'Ken, we haven't lied to you, we would never do that. We have seen some of what is going to happen. We are not allowed to say what. However, once you awaken you must search.'

Ken calmed down as the love of the voice floated through his body, 'What do I have to do? Where do I search? What do I search for?'

Images of ships, battles fought, and people dying came to him. Then the image of a star burning very brightly was shown to him.

'That is all we can show you. You must figure out the rest on your own. Know that you're loved.'

'Who are you?'

'We cannot tell you, but be vigilant.'

'Now awaken, '


Tammy waited and watched Ken as he slept. She heard the doors open behind her, and as she looked over her shoulder, she saw Jenny come in.

"Hi, Jen."

Tammy looked at her best friend, she could see the worry in Jenny's face, and she noticed the area around Jen's eyes were dark from no sleep. Jen walked over and set her hand on Tammy's shoulder.

"Hi, Tammy. Any change?"

Tears well up at the corner of her eyes as she said, "No, no change. I'm really worried about him not waking up. Molly said he will wake up in his own good time," glancing at the clock, she continued, "but it's been fifty-one hours, now."

"I know, and that's why I am here. You are going to bed ... now. That's an order from your brother," she said as she pulled Tammy to her feet. She pushed Tammy out the door, and marched her across the hall to the waiting transport tube.

"Get in. Go get some sleep. I will stay with him. If he awakens I will call you."

Pushing Tammy into the tube, she waited for the doors to close.

Tammy stood there and stared at Jenny, and then she slowly nodded her head, "Call me if he wakes up. Love you, Jen, and good night. Computer, Admirals Quarters," she said.

Jen watched the doors close, then she went back into the medical room and sat with her brother. Ten minutes later, she was asleep holding his hand.


Intruder alert, we have T'Lari warriors on deck three and five, heading for the bridge.

Ken sat there in his chair and stared out at the view screen as his command crumbled around him, grabbing his plasma pistol he stood up, turned around, and saw a T'Lari warrior standing there. 'Fuck how did you get there.'

The warrior grinned, and said, 'We have been here the whole time. Now we feast on your planet.'

Ken raised the pistol. Just as he is about to fire, he saw a crewmember change into a T'Lari and pick up Tammy by the throat.

'Drop the weapon or she dies, ' it said.

Ken looked over at his love and he saw her despair and her pleading in her eyes.

Suddenly the voice shouted in his mind, 'IT IS NOT REAL, KEN NOW WAKE UP!'

'It seems real to me, so now we die.'

'Only in your mind will you die, so wake up and join your loved ones.'

'Maybe I have, and we have lost.'


Molly stood there and studied the diagnostic pad. Then she looked down at Ken as he groaned in his sleep and his body twitched as if he was in a lot of pain.

"I don't understand it, Amy. What is going on with him, why won't he awake?"

Amy looked over at Ken as she scanned through the medical papers trying to find out what was going on, and responded to Molly's question, "I don't know. I cannot access his nanobots. Something is blocking me."

Molly set the computer pad down and looked at Amy, and said, "You have to figure something out, he cannot keep sleeping like this, something is very wrong. I can feel it in my bones."

"I will try, Molly, its all I can do," Amy gazed thoughtfully at Ken's sleeping form. She looked for the cluster nanos or the command nannites and found them in his cerebral cortex. Deciding what to do, she changed into digital programming, and flooded into his brain.


Richard Polk walked out of the White House and got into his staff car. Looking up at his driver Tom.

"Pentagon and make it snappy," Richard said as he picked up the phone in the car and called his office.

Lieutenant Tom Olson, responded with, "Yes sir."

Putting the car in gear, he headed for the exit, and was soon on the road to the Pentagon.

While Richard waited for the phone to be picked up, he opened his briefcase and pulled out his laptop. Turning it on, he went to the Naval Special Warfare unit's section of the computer, looked at the duty roaster, and settled on Commander Jimmy Hutcheson.

The phone was picked up on the other end, and a voice said 'General Polk's office, Corporal Lewis speaking.'

"Lewis, this is Polk, get a message to Commander Hutcheson over at NSW I want him in my office at 1 pm, I have a mission for some of his teams."

The voice on the phone, responded, "Right away, Sir. Anything else?"

Richard thought for a minute and nothing came to mind, so he said, "No. Nothing for now. I should be there in ten minutes, depending on the traffic."

"Yes Sir. See you in ten, Sir," said the voice.

The phone went dead as Richard hung up and shut down his laptop. Staring out at the city, he thought of his granddaughter and her last demonstration on the ice. She was looking more like a contender for the Olympics every day, and more like her grandmother. With a sigh, he thought of her for the first time in six years as he said to himself, 'Becca, am I doing the right thing? I wish you were here to help me on this.'

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.