Honkytonk Hero - Cover

Honkytonk Hero

Copyright© 2008 by Joe J

Chapter 16

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 16 - A coming of age story with a twist. Addle-brained Tommy works down at the feed store, stacking Purina and sweeping the floor. A Vietcong rocket scrambled his brains so thoroughly that was all he was capable of... or was it? NOW ON BOOKAPY!

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Romantic   Harem   First   Slow  

After church on the Sunday following the visit to their new place, Connie and Tommy started cleaning the house. Ruth wasn’t there, because she had to work at the library. They had not been at it more than thirty minutes, before the Frickes, Crawfords and Salazars showed up with cleaning equipment to help. Having such good friends plastered a smile on Tommy’s face a mile wide.

With four couples working, the house was spic and span in only a few hours. Tommy enjoyed razzing the other men at how well they operated mops, brooms and dust rags.

Harold waited until they were out of earshot of the women before he replied, “Tommy-me-boyo, a dozen roses makes a woman feel well disposed towards you, but cleaning the kitchen will get you laid quicker than Spanish-fly.”

Ben and Ramon nodded like a Greek chorus.

“It’s a fact, Amigo,” Ramon seconded. “My Theresa starts getting horny the minute I start up the vacuum cleaner.”

“Windex does it for Cricket,” Ben added. “If she comes home and I’m washing windows, she jumps my bones in the living room, even if the blinds are up.”

Tommy took everything they said to heart, even though he thought they might be gilding the lily.

At the same time that the fellows were briefing Tommy, their wives were giving Connie the real scoop. When Connie mentioned how well the husbands cleaned, all three wives chuckled.

“Yeah,” Rita said, “they are like those dogs that Russian guy Pavlov trained. If I put on a peek-a-boo blouse and high heels, Harold turns into Mr. Clean.”


The following Monday was the grand opening of the Brantley Feed, Seed and Farm Supply. About everyone in the tri-county area dropped by to take a look. Harold had done a heck of a job lining up suppliers, most of them on consignment. His biggest coup was convincing John Deere to make him their official dealer for McCulloch County. The regional Deere representative even fronted Harold a couple of green and yellow tractors and some other machinery to display.

Business at the store increased dramatically as farmers and ranchers from neighboring Conch and Menard Counties started coming to Brantley instead of traveling twenty-five miles further up the road to Brownwood. Tommy was especially proud when the hunting and fishing supplies he’d lobbied for, sold like hot cakes.

While Tommy was slaving away cooking hot dogs for the grand opening, Connie was at the Sears and Roebuck store at the Brownwood Mall. Her first stop was the furniture section, where she ordered a king-sized bed frame, foundation and mattress. The box springs and mattress were special order, because she wanted the new California King model that was six inches longer than the standard king.

Connie visited the home furnishing section next. She found everything she needed for the house, except for linen for the new bed. Those she ordered from the big Sears wish book, with a promise that they would arrive about the same time as the bed itself. Connie smiled as she threw in a set of red satin sheets with the order. She knew she looked good in red.

Later that afternoon, Tommy did his part for making the new place a home by hiring a handyman to do the repair work Harold said the house needed. The handyman was the uncle of Jose Luna, the delivery truck driver. Tommy hired the man, sight unseen, on Jose’s recommendation.

“My uncle is old,” Jose said. “He takes his time, but his work is most excellent. He is very busy, but I will ask him to do your work as a favor to me.”

Jose Luna and his wife Belinda thought the world of Tommy. They became his friends for life when he and Rex showed up at Jose’s modest house on Christmas Day with presents for them and their four children.


On Saturday, the last day of January, 1970, Otto Mills and Betty Lou hosted an eighteenth birthday party for Regina at the VFW Hall.

Otto was a member of Post 9802 by virtue of his service with the 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team during the Korean War. The bashful, bespectacled, balding banker was the guy who proved the rule, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Mills was the most decorated soldier at the VFW post, and a veteran of two combat parachute jumps in Korea.

The birthday bash was held in one of the activity rooms of the hall. There were tubs full of sodas, plenty of food, a record player and thirty teenagers standing around yakking when Tommy walked in with Connie, and Regina’s brother Bucky. Otto and Betty Lou were chaperoning and Rita Fricke was there, providing moral support for Betty Lou.

Tommy was not thrilled about being there with some of the high school crowd that had called him a retard and dummy, but it was Regina’s night, so he plastered on a smile strictly for her. Regina and Melody made a fuss over him showing up, as they grabbed his arm and dragged him around to meet their friends. Tommy went around the room nodding politely to the young women and shaking hands with the men. When they were back at the record player, Regina whispered something to Melody, then tugged Tommy into the middle of the room. A few couples were on the dance floor, but most of the teens were standing around looking uncomfortable as Tommy and Regina took up station in the center of the floor.

Tommy grinned when Regina’s phonograph dropped Jailhouse Rock onto the turntable. The song was Regina’s favorite to dance to and Tommy was her favorite jitterbug partner. The other teens looked on in surprise as Tommy and Regina tore up the floor.

Regina’s dance with Tommy broke the ice and soon enough, all the teens were on the floor gyrating wildly. Tommy danced once with almost every female there before the lights dimmed and the first slow dance started. Tommy turned to find Connie, only to see her leading a grinning Bucky Grimes out onto the floor. Tommy smiled and shrugged just as Regina caught his arm.

“My birthday, so I get first dibs,” Regina said.

Tommy waltzed Regina around the room, just as they had practiced all those months ago. Tommy thought back to that time, and whispered into Regina’s ear.

“Paying you to teach me to dance was the best investment I ever made,” he said.

After about an hour of dancing, Betty Lou called a halt to the music for ice cream, cake and presents. Regina blew out the candles on her cake and started opening presents, as Betty Lou and the other adults passed out plates of cake and ice cream. After Regina had opened all the presents on the table and read aloud all the cards, Betty Lou pointed her daughter towards the side exit door.

“You might have one more gift out there,” she said.

Sure enough, right outside the door, parked up on the grass was a cherry red 1966 Chevy II Nova. Betty Lou was probably as excited about the gift as Regina. Otto found the car at an auction barn, Ben Crawford tuned it up, and Ramon Salazar fixed a couple of dings. The six cylinder economy car had belonged to an elderly couple, and had less than twenty thousand miles on it. Betty Lou paid seven hundred dollars for it by taking out a loan secured by her savings account. Thanks to the college money from Tommy, the savings weren’t committed to anything now.

Regina and Tommy shared another slow dance right before the party broke up. As they danced, Regina informed Tommy that she expected her special present from him in April. She and Melody had everything planned out to happen during their spring break from school.

“We are going to Dallas for a weekend and you are going with us,” she whispered in his ear.


The two weeks between Regina’s birthday and Valentines Day flew by. Tommy closed on the house on February the second, and Pablo Luna started working his magic on the third. Tommy did not even make the man a list, he just told him to fix what needed repairing. He gave Pablo a couple of hundred dollars for materials and let him have at it. Pablo became a Tommy fan when the young man stayed away from the house and let him work in peace. With carte blanche, Pablo lovingly restored the fifteen-hundred square foot house as if it were his own.

Pablo finished up on Wednesday the eleventh. Tommy, Connie and Ruth were all amazed at the transformation. Freshly varnished floors, new egg-shell paint on the walls, and gleaming white wood work made the inside sparkle. The exterior had received new white paint with green accents and trim. Pablo had even applied new silver paint to the house’s metal roof.

The three lovers were standing in the yard, profusely thanking Pablo when Connie came up with an idea to finish the place off perfectly. She took Pablo by the arm and walked him out of earshot of the others.

“Mister Luna, the only thing lacking for this to be home is a white picket fence. Can you do something like that for me?” Connie asked.

Sears delivered and set up the bed the next day. Connie had picked up the linen a few days before. Ruth took Friday off from the Library so she and Connie could spend the day turning the house into a home.

Tommy worked Saturday morning and spent part of the afternoon moving his clothes and other possessions out of the Grimes’s basement. Tommy’s excitement about having his own place was tempered somewhat by a little sadness that he was moving away from Betty Lou, Bucky and Regina. It was tearful for all of them really, but they all realized that it was time. The year that Tommy had spent with the Grimes had been good for all of them; and because of Tommy, everyone’s circumstances had changed for the better. All four of them eagerly looked forward to their new futures. Besides, Tommy never forgot his friends, so they would all remain close, regardless of what happened down the road.

Moving was a much bigger deal for Connie and Ruth, and in the end they did not move completely into Tommy’s new place. There needed to be some more discussion before that happened, but they did move some clothes, personal items and some furniture. They moved enough to make them comfortable. The reason they were keeping their own places was primarily to keep the gossip at bay as much as possible. In a town of four thousand and a county of eight, blending into the background was hard to do. It certainly didn’t help that almost everyone either knew, or knew of, both women.

Tommy went out of his way to make Valentines Day special for Connie and Ruth. That night, on a slippery sea of scarlet satin, a simple and humble man showed two sophisticated women of the world what love was all about. The women’s response to his efforts made the event fabulous for Tommy, and spurred him toward the performance of his life. The trio went at it until one in the morning, before dropping in exhaustion. They fell asleep as sated and as happy to be together as it was possible to be.

Tommy woke up at seven Sunday morning feeling great. Unfortunately, the only one who shared his joyful mood that morning was his buddy Rex. Neither Ruth nor Connie saw any reason to be out of bed before the chickens, so Tommy slipped into his clothes and took Rex for a walk.

Tommy went out the kitchen door and into the back yard. Since he had a few hours before church, he decided to walk his fence line and see what repairs it needed. Tommy opened the zinc-plated livestock gate that butted up against one exterior wall of the barn, and followed Rex through it. Once the gate was closed and latched, he turned left and set out. Before they had walked a hundred yards, Rex had flushed a covey of quail and two jack rabbits from a scrub oak thicket. The thicket was part of nature recovering the fallow fields. The thickets that dotted the once cultivated portion of the ranch would need to be cleared to graze his goats.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.