An Unsettled Calm
Chapter 29

Copyright© 2007 by msboy8

It is funny how a good bath and a filling meal can make a man feel jake, no matter what else is in his future. That is how I felt when I sat down to chin with Mr. Blue and his mob.

I opened the meeting by telling Mr. Blue what we would need first. "We will need some explosives. They might be used to open a bunker or vault, and will definitely be needed to destroy facilities there." Mr. Blue assured me that he had nitro, dynamite and TNT. He pointed to a small grinning homeboy named Toby. I also told him that we would need some Tommy guns. I knew that Mr. Blue had access to at least two Tommy guns. I told Mr. Blue that he would get all the money, but all of the weapons would have to be destroyed. He agreed, far too readily for my suspicious mind, but when you make a deal with the devil you had to expect such things. Mr. Blue's mob let him set the conditions, he was the boss. It was as simple as that.

Mr. Blue had a wild idea about taking over the submarine, but I talked him out of it. I think he liked the idea of becoming a pirate and a terror to all New York Shipping. One mention of the Navy getting after him sealed the coffin of that idea. He had no problem shooting plugs, they were all ofay anyway. It took me awhile to convince him that it was not open season on whites. Some of his crew had some salty feelings for some farmers, but Mr. Blue was the boss and he saw the wisdom with not starting a war with the ofay. That really made me feel better about the whole idea of invading the Island with Tommy guns.

The second hardest idea to get past Mr. Blue was that Sarah would go along and take low-light pictures to document everything. It and the German documents would be our 'get out of jail free' card. He and his mob were worried that they would be identified by the photos. Sarah assured him that she would not take any pictures of the men's faces. Sarah is as cute as a bug's ear and can turn on the charm when she wants to. Mr. Blue did not have a chance and gave in to the idea of Sarah taking pictures. I then asked Mr. Blue to glaum some black grease paint. It would be easier to get off Sarah's and my skin than shoe polish. All the home boys laughed just then and I wondered if I had cleaned all of the shoe box disguise off my mug.

I went over the things I had found out X by X. The first spot was the easiest to plan, we just had to blow up the bunker, and it was a one man job. One of Mr. Blue's men, Leroy, was assigned to blow it up. It was decided that both bunkers would be blown up at the same time. Then the armory and the inn would be next. I wasn't sure how many people would be at the inn for the fireworks display. "I'm going to be at the armory, so the men handling the inn can't be too fast with their rods. They should only let loose with them if somebody pulls a rod. I expect that most will be innocent civilians. Anybody bumped off that did not need to be, is gonna buy a lot of grief from the coppers." Mr. Blue let his mob know that this was very important.

"Finally we will move to the U-boat rendezvous. I have the spot picked out where they can watch the submarine and the plugs meeting it. They should not have to burn powder until we all get there, especially the chopper squad. The way I see it, everybody there is jake to be chilled. That's all I have, Mr. Blue?"

Mr. Blue stood up to chin with his mob. "Malone has given us the low down on the stomp, he was cookin' with gas! Y'all collar a nod and grab some ground rations. Saturday night we lay some iron!"

After the meeting I joined Sarah for a nice relaxing cuddle and some time talking until we fell asleep in each other's arms.


The smell of bacon frying filled the air and tugged me towards the day. The first thing I noticed was the emptiness of the bed. Then the reason for the bed not being so full, really made its presence known to my mind, through my nose. The meal last night was very filling, but I was so hungry again, my stomach thought it was back in the reeds. I floated out of bed, not yet fully awake, but tempted by the heavenly aroma of breakfast cooking. I thought back to those days in the mission. The food there was filling and satisfied the hunger in the most basic of ways, but was nothing like what my nose now promised.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.