An Unsettled Calm
Chapter 22

Copyright© 2007 by msboy8

It was a wonderful dream, I was holding someone soft so close, it was so juicy BANG BANG BANG! What was that thundering in my conk BANG BANG BANG!

I awoke this time and the banging was on the door, not in my head. My startled brain came to life. That 'someone' was not in my dream, she was real. Now I really was awake! I had a hold of Sarah not just a hold, but I was fondling her flannel covered breast. I moved my hand away like it was on fire. BANG BANG BANG! "Just a minute, I'll be right there." I was wearing pajama bottoms that I had found in the dresser. Not just any pajama bottoms, but black silk pajama bottoms with red hearts on them! I slowly got untangled from Sarah. She just let out a soft moan and rolled over.

I rushed to open the door. The Mexican skirt was about to pound on the door again. She looked at the pajama bottoms and stifled a giggle. She just said, "Phone" and turned and walked back to the open door to her room next to the phone.

I was now evil! I was having a great dream and some refugee from Mexico had to wake me up be pounding on the door! I picked up the receiver and growled "Yeah?" into the phone. The voice that came out of the receiver was steady and low. "I understand you need a box job pulled. What's the meat? Will I get to look at it before hand?"

"It's one of the new safe, a Protectall. No look ahead, the job has to be sharp, in and out."

The man thought, "Hmmm, well it'll have to be a peter job. Any complications?"

"There may be somebody to silence before the lay. We will have to take it as it comes. Is tomorrow good?"

"Any complications or loose ends are your problem. I won't go into the joint until everything is cool. I just get paid for the box, nothing else, see. Pick me up on the corner of Madison and 42nd tomorrow at 9. It had better be eggs in coffee, or you won't see me."

I responded, "That's kippy. See you then." He just hung up his blower and the job was on. I shook a leg getting back to the room before anybody could finger me in those pajamas.

When I got back Sarah was up. She was just going into the bathroom to change. While she was in there I found a gray suit that would fit and I got out of those pajamas quick. Sarah had found an outfit that was the bee's knee's. I about flipped my wig when she came out of the bathroom. Once I closed my yap, we went across the street to a hash joint for a well needed lunch. The food was surprisingly good.

After we got back to the room, I wised her up on the lay for the next day. I told her a lot of our part would be off the cuff, but time was awastin' and we needed to get the low-down on Marks' plan. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening listening to the radio. We listened to the Lanin Orchestra, the Lehigh University Glee club, and others. We mostly tried to listen to music. We had enough excitement in real life. We did hear a spot of news though.

The Nazis won two thirds majority in the Danzig Volkstag. Which is a General Election in Germany.


The next morning was Sunday and we woke early. I had made sure that I slept on my side of the bed. Sarah hadn't said anything about the other night, so I guess she didn't notice. I figured that Marks would attend Church so he would keep a good impression with those he wanted to sway to his side. We breakfasted on coffee and day old pastries we had bought the day before. I actually think they were two day old pastries that they had grifted on us.

We arrived at exactly 9 AM at the corner of Madison and 42nd streets right across from Grand Central Station and next to the bus terminal. I guess Lefty wanted to have an escape route, just in case he smelled a copper. A man, who I assumed was Lefty, was standing on the corner holding a leather case in his left hand. I pulled up to the curb and Sarah opened her door and slid over closer to me. "Lefty Jackson?" I held out my mitt for him to shake.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.