An Unsettled Calm - Cover

An Unsettled Calm

Copyright© 2007 by msboy8

Chapter 12

Mrs. O'Grady was surprised when I came home early, in such a good mood. She smiled and cried when I told her that Sarah was alive, going to be my partner and that she was going to pick me up in a car the FBI was going to supply. I told her about our going dancing tonight. I'm afraid I let the good news get the better of me. I grabbed Mama O'Grady, lifted her up and spun around a few times. Of course when I let her down, I had to run to my room to avoid being hit with the kitchen broom. Mrs. O'Grady's arm had healed well and she was in fine form as she chased me up to the safety of my room.

I had just the suit to wear tonight, so that I didn't embarrass Sarah. It was the suit I wore to funerals and weddings. When I came downstairs, Mrs. O'Grady was impressed and she told me so. "Stan, you look sharp. You should dress up more often. Who ever this 'Sarah' is, she is a good influence on you. Will I get to meet her when she comes?"

I let her wonder for a bit before I said, "Yes of course Mama O'Grady, I'm proud to have a friend and landlady like you. I am so blessed to be rooming here." She made a move to go and grab the broom, which I did deserve. I stopped her by saying, "Mama, I'm in my good clothes." She sighed and shook her finger at me. I knew that she wouldn't forget and the next time I was not wearing my good suit, I would get the broom.

We were interrupted by a car pulling up and a knock on the door. When I saw Sarah, my jaw must have dropped. She was wearing her glad rags and then some. Sarah was dressed up the nines. She had on a black, sleeveless dress that plunged in the back and hung to her curvaceous form so well. She had on black gloves that covered up to her lower forearm, thus hiding her scars from the metal rings. Her outfit topped it off with black silk stockings and high heels.

I was so blown away by Sarah's beauty and style that I almost forgot to invite her in. Mrs. O'Grady clearing her throat reminded me. I must have blushed because she laughed when I invited her in. Mrs. O'Grady was smiling like the dickens when I introduced Sarah to her. I don't know if it was because I almost didn't ask her in or because she was happy for me. I knew that she would stay up tonight just to hear how the date went. Sarah and I said our goodbyes and went to my new car. It was an Auburn 1931 Convertible Cabriolet. The car matched my style and I almost hugged Sarah when I saw it. I caught myself just in time; I didn't want to ruin her dress.

Opening her door with a bow caused her to smile and curtsey before she got in. "Are you packing?" she asked. I showed her the .38 I had tucked into my waistband. I raised my eyebrows asking her the same question. She tugged at her left glove which flared at the end. She held her left arm down and showed me the .22 automatic held there. "That's good my little gangster moll. Just keep your peepers open, we don't know what we're walking into.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.