Lost & Found
Chapter 58

Copyright© 2007 by Douglas Fox

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 58 - Kyle Martin goes to PSU seeking football glory. Read about his successes, failures and excesses as he tries to find his place in the world

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   Group Sex   Anal Sex   School  

Trevor and Stephanie were still asleep when I left for school Monday morning. I bumped into Andrew Perkins and a semi-awake, very worn out Tyler Madden on the way to the parking garage. Andrew was driving Tyler and himself to the airport to catch their flight to Indianapolis for the NFL Combine. Half a dozen other seniors hoped to get an invite but didn't. Their only shot at impressing NFL scouts would come later in March when our team held our Pro day.

I wished Andrew and Tyler good luck before I headed north to Bellefonte. I had time as I drove north to think about just how fast college was flying by. Presumably a year from now I would be flying out to the combine. I needed to squeeze everything I could out of my last year with the team.

My responsibilities in Scott Henderson's class were limited to taking attendance and observing Scott teach. During the second period I presented my idea for the 1890's to 1910 bulletin board to Scott. He liked my ideas and told me to go ahead assembling the pictures and artwork I needed. Ms. Hamilton checked in with me Monday third period. I showed her my work. She approved it with a few minor corrections.

Coach Caffrey bumped into me in the hallway when I was heading for the weight room to train Tuesday afternoon.

"Jonathan got a rude shock at school yesterday," Coach Caffrey said.

"Oh, what was that?" I asked.

"That dance routine you guys did on Saturday..." Coach said as he chuckled. " ... somebody recorded it and posted it on You-Tube. His classmates teased him pretty unmercifully."

"Remind Jonathan about FTK..." I said. "For the kids. He should look the guys teasing him in the eye, tell them he was helping raise $8.4 million dollars for kids with cancer and that it was a good thing to do."

"Pretty much what I told him, Kyle," Coach said. "Thanks for taking my son around here and getting him involved in such a great cause. Seeing that arena full of students working for kids with cancer made a big impression on him."

"That's good," I replied. "I know getting involved in it made a big impression on me when I was a freshman. It's a good thing to give back to the kids and their families.

Justin Baer called me Tuesday evening. "Hey dude, are you planning to go skiing with the Venturer crew next weekend?" Justin asked. "You haven't missed a ski weekend since you joined Venturers when you turned fourteen."

"I'd like to go with you guys but I can't," I said. "I won a ski weekend at Shawnee. My girlfriend and I are going there this coming weekend."

"I've skied Camelback and Shawnee," Justin replied. "I think the skiing is better at Camelback. More trails ... more variety ... you guys should join us. We have room in the cabin."

"We have our own private cottage at Fernwood for the weekend," I explained, chuckling. "Where do you think I rather spend a weekend with my girl – at our own private cottage or to share a cabin with a bunch of noisy scouts?"

"Touché," Justin agreed. "I'd pick a private cottage with Sherry too, if I had that choice. Did you buy your lift tickets yet? Shawnee and Camelback are only twenty minutes from each other. You could stay in your cottage and drive over and ski with us on Saturday."

"Hmmm ... you're right," I agreed. "Camelback does have more trails. I'll talk with my date and see if she cares which ski area we go to."

"That's cool, dude," Justin said. "As busy as our schedules have gotten, we don't get enough time to visit anymore."

"That's too true," I agreed. "I'll talk to Molly and see if she's interested in skiing with you and Sherry on Saturday. I'll call you back if we can join you."

"Cool, dude!" Justin said. "I'll talk to you later."

I gave Molly a call after I finished talking with Justin. She had skied both areas before and preferred Camelback over Shawnee. I called Justin back and confirmed that we would catch up with him and Sherry sometime Saturday morning.


I went over to Molly's apartment to study Thursday night after my C I 412W Secondary Teaching course. We had a mid-term in Adolescent Development Friday after lunch. We studied a couple hours. Both of us felt confident we were prepared. I went back to my apartment and packed for my ski weekend. I left my car in the parking lot nearest to my apartment even though I didn't have the proper sticker for the lot. The campus police wouldn't ticket my car between eleven o'clock and seven am when I would leave for school.

Scott Henderson announced to each class on Friday morning that they would have a term paper due in three weeks. The students could work in groups of one, two or three people. They had to have their groups organized and have a topic for Scott and me to approve on Monday. Thursday and Friday's classes would be at the library to give them a head start on their research.

I knew why Scott scheduled the term papers when he did. One of my requirements for C I 495C was to start teaching small groups of students instead of a whole class. The way the term papers were to be done was perfect for what I needed for my class. Scott and I would be monitoring and assisting the small groups of students throughout the week as they started on their papers.

The Adolescent Development midterm wasn't too bad. I was certain I had aced it. Molly felt good about her performance too. She gave me a hug and a kiss before I headed to my History 444 class.

Molly met me at my apartment when I finished history. I dropped off my books and the two of us headed over to Molly's apartment to pick up her overnight bag. Molly wasn't as prepared as I would have liked. She took about fifteen minutes to get everything together. She packed more than I expected for a two night weekend. I managed to squeeze everything into my Golf. We were on the road heading north for I-80 around 3:15 in the afternoon.

Molly and I pulled into the Fernwood Resort complex around 6:20. By the time we got settled in our room and headed down to the restaurant part of the complex, it was almost 7:30 pm. We were famished. We stopped in at the Trolley Stop Pub and ordered their steak dinners. It was much too late to get in any skiing on Friday night after we finished eating. Molly and I headed back to our cottage.

We took advantage of the romantic setting in front of our fireplace to talk, cuddle and then make out. Molly and I went to bed early but didn't get to sleep until we had shared ourselves twice.

Fernwood's front desk woke us at 6:30 in the morning, as I requested. It was too damn early, but Molly and I dragged ourselves out of bed, showered, dressed and headed out. We grabbed breakfast sandwiches and muffins at the Fernwood Café. I gave Justin Baer a call as we drove around East Stroudsburg to get to the Camelback Ski area.

Justin said the Venturer crew was in the parking lot already at the ski area. Justin predicted that he and his brother Joe should have the group through the rental area and heading for the slopes by the time we arrived. I was to give Justin another call when we arrived and were ready to ski.

Half an hour after we left Fernwood, we pulled into the ski area. Molly and I suited up, put on our ski boots, grabbed our skis and headed for the lodge. I called Justin while I waited in line to buy our lift tickets. Justin asked Molly and me to meet him, Sherry, Joe and Barb at the Sullivan Express quad lift.

I introduced Molly to my friends. They greeted Molly warmly. We hopped aboard the lift and headed up to the top of the mountain. Conditions were decent. Camelback had made snow and had the slopes well groomed. All the slopes had plenty of snow on them.

We ran into my sister and some of her friends at the top of the mountain on our third run. Liz introduced me to her boyfriend, Wyatt Musser. I didn't know him at all. Liz was skiing with her friend Annie Stoltzfus and Annie's boyfriend Matt Sauder. Cody Stevens was there too with his girlfriend, as was Dave Mitchell and his date. I introduced Molly to everyone. Liz greeted Molly warmly. The group talked for a couple minutes before the kids skied off.

"I had no idea you had a sister, Kyle," Molly said after the group of younger kids skied downhill away from us. "I thought it was just you, your older brother with the new daughter and the brother that goes to Delaware. You are one of four kids?"

"Oh, good grief no," I replied. Justin and Sherry laughed out loud. "Five kids. I also have a baby brother. Hunter will be two years old in July. Plus my brother Andy got his girlfriend pregnant when they were in tenth grade. Andy's twin sons live with us too."

"Oh ... my ... God!" Molly gasped. "How does your mom manage that? My mom said Dave and I were too much for her."

"Oh, we're fine," I replied. "Everybody helps out and we're all used to having a big family. I wouldn't want it any other way."

"I don't think I could handle having a family that size," Molly said. "Someday, when the time comes ... I guess a kid or two will be OK."

I was a little surprised at Molly's response about kids. I would need to talk more with her, but out on the ski slope was not the proper place.

Molly and I spent the morning skiing with Joe, Barb, Justin and Sherry. We bumped into their kids a couple times. Justin and Sherry's son Billy, Billy's friend Brian Miller, and Joe and Barb's daughter Betsy were in fourth grade this year. They had grown since I last saw them.

When Molly, the Baers and I went inside the lodge for lunch I met up with Dad. He and Mr. Sauder, Matt's dad, were the other two drivers for the crew. Neither man skied. I introduced Molly to my dad. We had lunch together with Dad. Molly seemed to enjoy talking with my father.

"She's very attractive, Kyle," Dad commented when Molly went to the bathroom. "Is this serious?"

"That's a good question," I replied. "We've been dating for a while but haven't agreed to us being a couple yet."

"I think you should have a talk with the young lady, son," Dad said. "She's delightful. You don't want to let someone as good looking as her get away. Have you dated long?"

"Four weeks," I answered. "I agree with your evaluation, Dad. I plan to ask Molly to go steady with me at an appropriate time this weekend."

Dad chuckled. "After a night of passion?" Dad teased.

"You have the idea," I agreed. Dad didn't let anything slip when Molly rejoined us. Molly, the Baers and I headed back out to ski after lunch. The snow got a little soft in the afternoon sun, but conditions weren't too bad. Some ice formed on the slopes after the sun went down. We continued skiing until around six o'clock.

Molly and I went inside with the Baers. Most of the Venturer crew was inside eating when we got there. Molly and I joined Gary Harrison and a group of his friends. Gary told me he had applied to work on camp staff again. He requested to work for me at the pool. He was a little anxious since he hadn't heard anything yet. I reassured Gary that he shouldn't worry, I was sure he would be hired and that I would be happy to have him serve on my staff.

Justin and Sherry went back out after dinner with Molly and me. Joe and Barb were done for the day. The rest of us teased them for showing their age. We didn't get a lot of argument from them.

The four of us had a fun night skiing. Justin and Sherry had to head in to help round up the Venturers around nine o'clock. Molly and I decided to head back to our cottage then. We thanked Justin, Sherry, Joe and Barb for letting us ski with them for the day. I said good bye to Dad and Liz. I warned Dad I planned to be home for dinner next Friday evening.

The four bottles of Troegs Amber Ale that Trevor sent as a "care package" on Friday hit the spot when Molly and I got back to our cottage. We relaxed for a while and enjoyed the beers before heading to bed. We shared our bodies – twice.

Molly and I weren't in a hurry to leave on Sunday morning. We slept until ten o'clock. Molly was well rested and a bit frisky when we woke up. The two of us ended up doing a leisurely and intimate horizontal mambo. We were cuddled together afterward. I gave Molly a kiss on the neck and nibbled an ear lobe.

"Molly, I have an important question for you," I said. "You remember a few weeks ago we talked about getting to know each other better before we decided if we wanted to move beyond just dating occasionally. Do you see our relationship getting serious?"

"Serious?" Molly asked. She rolled over to face me and stared into my eyes. "That depends what you mean by serious, Kyle. Are we talking about going together for the rest of the semester, or until graduation? Are you thinking beyond that?"

"I'm thinking one step at a time," I answered. "You and I have had fun together. I think our personalities and interests mesh nicely. You're drop dead gorgeous." I leaned in and gave her a kiss on the lips. "I think we're pretty good together in bed."

"We are that," Molly agreed before returning my kiss. Molly dropped her smile after the kiss. My smile slowly dropped as she continued. "Before I commit myself to you, I want to make sure we are both looking for the same things in a relationship. Where do you see yourself in a couple years? Do you see yourself engaged or married and ready to start a family?"

"I'm not asking you marry me," I protested. "I like you a lot and want to spend more time with you."

"You didn't answer my question, Kyle," Molly replied. "Do you see yourself married in two or three years?"

"I hope so," I agreed. "I'm not asking you to marry me. I see us committing to each other as being a step forward to getting to know each other better. We can spend more time together. Learn about each other. Find out about our idiosyncrasies and pet peeves. We get to know each other better and can see if we want to get married some day in the future."

"You're such a sweet, good man, Kyle," Molly said. She gave me a kiss. "You have a completely different time table from me. You see our relationship potentially developing into a marriage two or three years from now. In that time frame, I see myself out on my own, establishing myself in my career. I'm not interested in being tied down. Six, eight, ten years from now, when I'm comfortable in my career, I do see myself finding a sweet guy like you and settling down."

"But not yet," I said.

"No, not yet," Molly confirmed. "Why are you in such a hurry to get married?"

"Am I in a hurry?" I asked. "Most of the couples I know married after college – Mom and Dad, Will and Abby, Joe and Barb, Zack and Leigh Ann, Aaron and Tanya Morano..." I chuckled. " ... except Justin and Sherry. They married when they were still in high school."

"My mom and dad married right out of college too," Molly said. "Truth be told ... my brother David was born five months later. Mom has a degree in accounting but David came along right after college. She stayed home until he was ready for school. By that time I came along. She waited until I was in first grade before looking for her first job. She was a dozen years behind the people she went to college with. She never found a job like she envisioned. I don't want that to happen to me."

"I can understand that," I agreed. "Your mom chose to stay at home with you and your brother. My mom, even though she never did college, has worked all along. Your mom could have put you in day care like my mom did with us."

"Day care?" Molly sniffed. "I don't want my children in day care. It's a lot better to have someone home for them when they're little."

"Day care isn't that big a deal," I said. "I turned out OK."

"I'll admit, you did," Molly answered. "You still haven't said why you're in a hurry, Kyle. So what if you know a lot of couples that married young? I'd enjoy the chance to go out to clubs with friends, kick back a drink or too and relax. What's wrong with that?"

"You knew me last spring," I replied. "You know how bad I was then, partying too much and getting dead drunk. You know I got arrested last fall. I need to avoid bars and clubs for my own safety and sanity. The other reason I'm 'in a hurry' is that I hope that I will be drafted into the NFL a year from now. If I am, I will be worth millions. I want to be with a woman who is with me because of me, not because of how much money I might have."

"I guess I can see where you are coming from," Molly replied. " ... but, I still don't want to get serious for quite a while. Where does that leave us? Just good friends?"

"I don't know," I said as I pondered my real response. Did I want to go into a committed relationship with Molly if I knew she didn't want to marry me after college? We were so good together maybe I should accept her limits now and try to win her over with more time. I needed time to think things through. "Maybe the two of us continue along as we have for the past month. We are good friends who date sometimes and sleep together when the spirit moves us."

"If you want to date other women too, that's OK," Molly said. "If I find a nice hunk down in Florida over spring break, I'll go for him. If you find a sweet girl, you can do the same."

"I guess that's the smart thing to do," I agreed wistfully.

I let Molly shower first while I packed my things. The realization that Molly and I held incompatible life goals for the next five or ten years was bound to change our relationship. I was hoping to find a soul mate in Molly. I was going to have her as a friend or playmate instead. I showered when she was done.

We stopped off at the Friendly's Restaurant down the road towards East Stroudsburg for brunch. Both of us tried to keep up a cheerful conversation, but I could see a certain melancholy in her demeanor too. Before this morning we had shared delight in getting to know each other. We had future activities to anticipate. Both of us realized we were travelling different paths that just happened to run parallel for a bit. The trip back to campus was subdued and very quiet. I dropped Molly off at her apartment before heading back to mine.


On Monday Scott Henderson gave the first and third period history classes the quiz I made up for him. I watched as the kids worked their way through it. It took the kids half the period to finish, longer than I anticipated. The kids looked like they were in shock when their test papers were collected. Scott proceeded with his lecture.

Scott gave me the quizzes to grade during the study hall the next period. I went through them quickly. The results were grim. The top kid had gotten six of my twenty-five questions wrong – a 74%. The worst of the quizzes had scores in the high thirties. Scott stopped back at my table about midway through second period.

"How'd the quizzes go?" Scott asked cheerily.

"Not well," I answered. "The best student got six of twenty-five questions wrong. The worst ... well, we probably don't want talk about the worst one. I guess I made the test too hard."

"That you did, Kyle," Scott agreed.

"You knew before they took it, didn't you?" I asked. Scott just smiled and nodded his head yes. "Why didn't you have me fix it?"

"You learn best from the mistakes you make," Scott answered. "You asked them college level questions on this quiz."

"I guess there's a downside to me taking a Civil War history class this semester," I responded.

"There is," Scott agreed. "We'll assign letter grades to these quizzes on a curve. You take the third period quizzes home and grade them tonight."

"I'm teaching school but I still have homework," I teased. "I can fit them in between my history class and my Secondary Social Studies Ed class tonight. Coach Burton might get upset with me for not doing as much film study as normal today."

"Work six hours a day and take three months off in the summer," Scott said. "Little do the non-teachers know about what we really do. I'll check the fifth period U. S. History I quizzes myself. Tomorrow second period you and I will come up with the curve for the test. Wednesday we will block off about twenty minutes of the period for you to review the results with the class."

I was delighted to hear that I would finally get in front of the class and do some real teaching. Still, my first time in front of the class was going to be to fix my blunder with the quiz. Scott was right; I would have to learn to do better.

After two weeks of Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in the classroom, I would be in Scott's class all five mornings of the school week until the end of my pre-service student teaching, except of course for my spring break next week.

I corrected the third period quizzes after my two classes back on campus. The results were just as dismal. I headed over to the Lasch Building. I found a memo from the athletic department in my locker. It was time for us to submit our housing request forms for next year. I was sure Trevor and Damian would want to room with me again. I wasn't as sure about Chip. He might prefer to room with some of his classmates instead.

Monday evening when I got back from SS ED 412, I found Trevor, Chip and Damian had already decided that the four of us should live together again next fall. We filled out our request forms and were ready for Chip to submit them to Ann Marie at the reception desk on Tuesday morning. We were determined to be at the head of the line when Housing assigned the premium townhouse apartments for next year.

Scott applied fairly elementary statistical analysis to the three sections of U. S. History I's quiz results to turn dismal raw scores into a decent, bell shaped curve for the nearly ninety students. We ended up with eight A's, twenty-seven B's, thirty-eight C's, ten D's and four F's. Scott double checked the quizzes of the four students that would fail the quiz. All four had answered some of my easiest questions wrong. Scott decided they needed this kick in the butt to wake them up. They weren't getting a passing grade this quarter without substantial improvement in effort and attitude.

On Wednesday morning, Scott and I handed out the graded quizzes to the first period class. Before we handed them out, Scott announced, "These quizzes weren't quite what I was hoping for. Mr. Martin will review the answers in detail with you this morning so everyone understands this material thoroughly. When he finishes, we will be moving our focus westward, across this continent of ours."

I watched the faces of the kids as the received their quizzes. They were a mixture of shock at the low raw scores and relief at the letter grades Scott had worked out for them. I launched into the review of the quiz questions when everyone had their tests in hand. Surprisingly, I didn't feel nervous in front of the class. This really wasn't different from teaching my merit badge classes.

I did my best to draw out the students and have them answer as many of the questions as they could. I explained the questions that had stumped the whole class. I believe I had most everyone understanding the material by the time we finished. Scott gave me a big smile when I turned the class back over to him so he could begin the day's lecture.

Scott complimented me on my performance when we met in the back during our second period study hall. Ms. Hamilton, my Penn State supervisor, came just before second period ended. I proceeded to repeat the review of the quiz for the third period class while Scott and Ms. Hamilton observed my performance.

I thought the third period review went just as well as the first period had. I turned the class over to Scott when I finished. Ms. Hamilton motioned for me to follow her into the hallway. We spent about five minutes reviewing the preparation of the quiz, the grading, and the review of the results.

"What did you learn from this quiz?" Ms. Hamilton asked when I finished talking.

"The first thing I should do when I'm preparing a test or a quiz is to carefully check the detailed requirements in the curriculum," I replied. "If I had done that, I might have noticed that my questions went beyond what they are required to know. I'll do better next time."

"I'm sure you will, Mr. Martin," Ms. Hamilton replied. She always addressed us as Mr. or Mrs., to keep our discussion totally professional. "I was impressed with your review of the quiz questions and answers this morning. I know this was your first time teaching the class. Were you nervous?"

"Not at all," I replied. "I found talking today with twenty-seven students about Civil War reconstruction wasn't any different than addressing twenty Boy Scouts about how to canoe. I felt totally natural talking in front of the class."

"I'm glad to hear that," Ms. Hamilton said.

"I hope this mistake won't hurt my standing in class too much," I asked. Ms. Hamilton chuckled.

"I wish more of the pre-service teachers had issues this minor," she said. "Relax, you are progressing fine, Mr. Martin."

Ms. Hamilton headed down the hall to observe Nicole Stepniak. I took my place in the back of Scott's classroom. The rest of the school day went well.

I bumped into Bob Smith in the weight room at the Lasch Building that afternoon. He was in a buoyant mood.

"Did you hear, Coach?" he chimed. "Coach Burton reinstated me on the team today."

"He did? Excellent!" I replied. "That is great news, Bob."

"I know," Bob said. "I am so psyched."

"How far along are you learning your playbook?" I asked. "Spring practice starts in twenty days."

"I'm about half way through it," Bob answered. "I wasn't allowed to work on it while I was on suspension."

"I understand," I agreed. "You're off suspension now. If you want to turn Coach's head during spring practice, you need to know the playbook cold."

"I have classes this week," Bob said.

"And you are off from classes next week," I said. "How much do you value football? If I were you, I would do everything I can to make up for the time you missed while you had academic problems. That will get you noticed by your coaches."

"I guess," Bob replied. He obviously hadn't planned on spending his spring break studying the playbook.

"Our starting tight end from last year is graduating," I said. "What are you going to do about that?"

"Ummm ... I'll do my best," Bob said. He didn't seem real sure of himself.

"You have an opportunity here," I said. "Use time during break to study your playbook. You could join Chip, me and some of the other receivers. We meet two afternoons a week to practice our passing game. It would help you be ready to exploit the opening in our lineup."

"I could do that," Bob said. "Do you know who I talk to about joining in?"

"You can talk with me," I answered. "I'll let Chip know." I gave Bob the details about our passing drill sessions. Hopefully Bob would join us. We needed to get our tight end involved in the passing game more than we had last season.


The U. S. History classes spent Thursday and Friday in the library starting their research for the term papers that were due in three weeks. Scott and I spent both periods conferring with students in small groups. I used second period to write up all the counseling I did. Scott's lesson plans was making it easy for me to complete the required documentation for my folio.

I packed my bags in my VW Golf on Thursday night before I went to bed. I was psyched to get a week off from class. I planned to be on the road home five minutes after my History 444 class ended.

Scott informed me during our prep time second period that my first lecture would be Tuesday, March 13th. My lecture would be about the Spanish-American War and the way America fell into an unexpected empire. Scott gave me copies of the notes he normally used for this lecture. I was to prepare my lesson plans. Scott would review them on the 12th, after I got back from spring break.

Molly and I exchanged hugs and polite kisses at the end of Adolescent Development. We wished each other fun for our breaks. Molly was heading for Boyertown after that class. She planned to meet her girlfriends at home. They were leaving for Florida early Saturday morning.

Dr. Williams lectured on Grant's Vicksburg campaign in History 444. Gettysburg has long been noted as one of the decisive battles of the Civil War and I spent the past semester studying it. Dr. Barnes' point was that Grant's triumph a day after the Battle of Gettysburg had a larger impact on the result of the war than Meade's triumph in Pennsylvania.

Nothing got in my way as I left the Wagner Building, hurried down Curtin Road to Bigler Road and then over to the East Parking Deck. Ten minutes later I was on the Mount Nittany Expressway heading southeast for my home and family.

Traffic wasn't bad as I approached Harrisburg. I made it past I-81 and onto the beltway without trouble. I-283 between the Eisenhower Interchange and the turnpike was congested but still moving. I thought I was home free when I pulled onto I-283 after the turnpike interchange and headed for Lancaster.

Hah! My hopes to get home in time for supper with my family were dashed when the traffic in front of me came to an abrupt stop. Traffic as far as I could see in front of me was stopped in both east bound lanes. That was when I realized that almost no traffic was on the opposite lanes heading west.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.