Kennedy - Cover

Kennedy

Copyright© 2007 by Gina Marie Wylie

Chapter 10: Kennedy and the Witch

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10: Kennedy and the Witch - Kennedy is a Potential -- a young woman with the possibility of growing up to be the Vampire Slayer. Her destiny and the fate of the world are the subject of this story. A fanfic, set in the Buffyverse.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Fan Fiction  

Steffie turned to Kennedy after the others were gone. "I know you're Kennedy."

"It's not like it's a secret," Kennedy told her.

"No, it's not. It was odd how fast people forget who was the target of the stalker."

"The others are getting ahead."

"And have as much chance of beating the two of us to camp as they have of flying to the moon this week. Please, walk with me."

Kennedy followed the other, who was keeping the pace deliberately slow. "You did wrong just now."

"How do you mean? I didn't hurt her. I didn't hit her. I just dumped her on the ground."

"Not that; before, with Cindy. There are some things you can't let go; do you understand? The camp works because everyone believes what Lauren preaches -- what happens in your cabin stays in your cabin. That's the true rule one, but it's not exactly one she can advertise publicly, so we counselors do it privately. Now and then, there are girls who don't understand. This is the best time to weed them out.

"Please, I know it is difficult for someone of your age to take adults and their rules seriously, but you of all people should have learned by now how important those rules can be."

Kennedy looked at the woman warily. Mr. Glastonbury had stressed the importance of not letting anyone know exactly what she was capable of. Harriet had come close to learning, and now that she was with other people it was like there was no way to keep a secret.

Steffie kept talking. "Lauren calls all new counselors in during their first free period, asking questions about how things went, offering suggestions and tips for how to deal with problems.

"Lauren's an odd person, someone that the Roma don't understand. There are taxes, you understand, even among us. A portion of your 'take' goes to the King. Every year Lauren sends him a prodigious amount of money. He thinks she has set up a highly successful scam of rich New Englanders and he laughs and smiles when he sees how much she has sent. It has never occurred to him, as it never occurred to me, that she actually earns the money.

"Anyway, we were sitting there, talking about this and that when we saw you set off with Mr. Waterman. Now there's a surprise, Mr. Waterman! His people and ours go way back, and I understand that. It was just a surprise, you understand, to see him here. All Lauren told me was that you were a very cocky, very strong young woman and that Mr. Waterman was going to teach you some humility. Trust me, that was one of the most exciting races I've ever seen. Poor Lauren didn't know who to root for!

"Then we saw that slimy worm sneaking towards the boathouse. She went to call the sheriff, another stunning surprise that would have caused half the family to faint, while I want to rally more immediate help. You didn't know it, but there were people all around you. There was no way he was getting out of here with you or anyone else."

"Thank you," Kennedy said, not knowing what else to say.

"Kennedy, aside from anything else, we'd protect any girl in the camp, even Beth and Marilyn, from a threat like that. We go the extra mile, and then keep on going, to keep you safe. And then there's you, who is beyond special. Like Mr. Waterman and his people, we have other friends, people who have helped us over the years, and people who have helped us in return. And we have enemies. In our case, a particular enemy who hates us with a passion that passes understanding.

"The United States is the Land of Opportunity ... unless you are Roma. Here our enemies go out of their way to kill us. So we value our allies; it's a battle to the death, and we know which side people like you are on."

"I'm not like ... well, as Mr. Waterman said, I'm not real."

"We understand. I personally think it is a cruel thing, the whole idea. Yes, you have special and wonderful gifts and if you achieve the pinnacle, even more special and wonderful gifts. Then you get killed. It is the bitterest of cups, Kennedy. If you are chosen, you die. If you aren't, the abilities start to fade by the time you hit twenty and are gone a few years later. A wilted flower. A good many such as yourself then find an enemy and fight a final battle, unable to bear life without her gifts."

Kennedy didn't know what to say; which seemed to be happening a lot. "Was the bear real?"

Steffie laughed. "Bear? Him?" she gestured and Kennedy could see the bear again, standing just on the edge of the forest.

"It's called a glamour, a spell to make something look different. And that's really what I wanted to talk to you about. I put the spell on your sword. It's not a complicated spell, it's not exhausting, so when you grip it, the spell is broken. I agree with Lauren, that the sword should stay hidden, if possible. So, let me know if you touch it and I'll put the spell back."

Kennedy nodded. Witches and spells. How weird! She had thought they were just stories; evidently, like vampires, a lot of people weren't telling the truth about what was going on. The logical question, then, was what else was true among the things she'd dismissed as fable and fantasy?

Then she looked at Steffie. "One reason I want to see Lady Kennedy is because I'm curious about magic. On the way up here, Ruby Goldberg was telling me she was a Wicca and was going to cast a spell on me and all that. I just laughed."

"Mostly, such people are those who can't do magic and who desperately wish they could. There are some, though, including some of the Wiccans, who are quite powerful. You have to be careful. I would be careful around Ruby, in particular, if I were you."

"Why? Is she really a witch, like she says?"

"Kennedy, you know things that other people don't. You've seen things that are flatly impossible. And you believe, do you not?"

"That or write myself off as a nut."

"Yes. There are all sorts of people in this world, Kennedy. Some good, some bad, some evil. There is a vast chasm between bad and evil, no matter what you and others think. Ruby has an aura around her ... one I don't know how to read. One that Lauren doesn't know how to read. Be careful around her."

Kennedy nodded. Then Steffie picked up the pace until they were running free and easy through the forest. "I love to run," Steffie told her.

"Me too. Practically anything physical."

"Love?"

Kennedy gulped. "I'm trying to control myself."

"Kennedy, I don't have Second Sight, but I'm not senseless. You are like a flame, burning bright, lighting up the landscape around you. You affect all of us nearby. I will not make your life in the next few days more difficult than it will be, as you discover that side of yourself."

"Gosh, thanks," Kennedy said bitterly.

"No problemo!" Steffie said, laughing as she ran.

It was clear Steffie knew exactly where they were, what she was doing and where she was going and how fast. They caught up to the rear of the group just before they started down the ridge to camp.

Then it was soccer practice with Charlotte and Amy leading and eight of them from the cabin following, including Harriet, Deb and Karen. Kennedy was totally embarrassed when Charlotte asked if anyone hadn't played before and hers was the only hand to go up.

During the next hour, Kennedy made a huge mental note to ask Mr. Glastonbury about team sports and why he'd never taught them to her. She was pretty sure she knew the answer, but it would be nice to be sure.

Then it was softball time and again Kennedy was the only one who'd never played in her life. For the first twenty minutes, she was set with Harriet and they played catch, tossing a softball back and forth.

In twenty minutes Kennedy grew comfortable with a glove and the ball, although she was fairly sure that Harriet didn't know much about how to throw a baseball.

Then Charlotte came to see how much they had learned, and it was clear Harriet wasn't very good. Kennedy, while better, had grown used to the soft throws Harriet made. Charlotte did not throw soft.

Again, Kennedy adjusted, this time more rapidly.

Then they had batting practice, where Amy would throw a ball, and the batters were supposed to hit it. To Kennedy it seemed a silly, pointless exercise. She had an aluminum bat, and unless the pitch was over her head or rolling in the dirt or way, way away, she could hit it. And when it was close, right down the middle, she could hit it really well.

Kennedy wasn't exhausted when they quit for the day, but she was certainly tired. She stood under the shower, ignoring everyone else around her, basking in the relaxing spray. She washed her hair as well; it wasn't very long and she knew it would dry quickly.

She fell in next to Deb. "How are you, really, Deb?"

"I was a little scared, but I knew my aunt was calling out the family. I'm not as sensitive as some as to where they are, but I knew they were coming. And then you came and I knew everything was going to be okay." She dropped her voice, "I could see it, you understand?"

Kennedy understood. A couple of things snapped into focus and Kennedy tugged Deb off to the side of the path. "Would you do me a huge favor?"

"Sure, just about anything."

"I want you to meet someone. A girl. I'm worried about her. If you could ... well, you know..."

"I know," Deb said. "Sure, Kennedy. No problem. You just can't tell anyone."

"There were two girls on the hike this afternoon. They said stuff in front me they shouldn't. I don't think we'll see them again."

"Oh! Aunt Lauren thinks that rule is the most important."

"I think she's right," Kennedy said.

Kennedy led the way inside, and stopped, looking around. She saw Ruby sitting at the table headed by Steffie. Kennedy walked up to the table and stopped next to Ruby. Ruby looked at Kennedy, then at Deb.

"Ruby, this is my friend, Deb. Yesterday at this time, I hadn't met her. And now we're friends. If you let it happen, Ruby, you can make friends, too."

Ruby looked at the two of them, shrugged and dipped a hand in pocket and pulled out a thick book, opened it and put her nose in it. Red Storm Rising? What was that about?

Still, Kennedy went to their table and sat down.

After dinner, Lauren was up again. "Our activity for tonight is a bonfire, with songs. There is a stack of music and lyrics by the door, take a copy when you leave, if you want. You don't have to sing, but the more who do, the more fun it is.

"Some of you who have attended this or other camps may feel like this is boring, old-fashioned, stupid and a lot of other things. That's fine, you're welcome to your opinion. If you feel strongly enough about it, on most nights, we'll have the activity room open, with board games and cards. Just keep your opinions to yourselves. And yes, for those of you at the bonfire, there will be marshmallows! The bonfire will start at eight and run until nine thirty. This is a weeknight and you have an early lights out."

Most of the others left, except Kennedy, Harriet and Deb. Kennedy happened to catch Steffie's eye. She nodded towards the office and Kennedy held up a single finger.

"What was that?" Deb asked.

"Want to see my sword?"

"Is that something like etchings?" Deb joked.

Harriet smiled and said quietly, "Deb, they call people like us queers. But we aren't nearly as queer as Kennedy and her sword!"

Kennedy stuck her tongue out and the other two laughed. A few minutes later they went into Lauren's office. She was sipping tea, munching a piece of cherry cobbler that had been for dessert and talking to Steffie.

"This one time, Kennedy," Lauren told her. "After this, you'll need a better reason than showing off to your friends."

She got up and opened a coat closet and waved at the contents. Kennedy walked up and saw three canes in a small container in the rear corner. Without hesitation, she picked up Lady Kennedy, enjoying the feel of the hilt in her hand once again.

One instant it was a cane, and then she was Lady Kennedy again and Kennedy felt herself whole and complete. She lifted the sword and waved with her other hand at her friends. "Stand a little back."

Lady Kennedy began to sing; it wasn't like anything Kennedy had done before. This time the hum seemed to be words right on the edge of understanding, but not quite understandable. Kennedy lost herself for a few moments, then sobered and stopped.

"Sorry, I get carried away," she apologized to the others.

"Jesus and Mary, sweet mother of God!" Steffie said, shaken. "I've heard the stories ... who hasn't? And you're just ... in waiting?"

Kennedy nodded. "A spare bulb, maybe needed, maybe not."

"Uncle Ferinc prides himself on his ability with a sword," Lauren said. "I've seen him demonstrate. Ferinc has a ways to go, yet."

Lauren shook her head, shaking cobwebs away. "I talked to the sheriff before dinner. He thinks it well be at four o'clock tomorrow. It will be an official deposition, Deb. There will be a lawyer from the county, another for Mr. Larkin and I've called in my attorney and Uncle Ferinc will be there for your family. Please, at one, come to the office. Kennedy, you come in at two.

"I talked briefly with Mr. Glastonbury and he told me something disquieting. He talked with a policeman from Pennsylvania who thinks the government might have become interested in what's going on again. The government's interest fades in and out, depending on who's in power, and what they think of the situation. Usually, the arts are laughed at, disbelieved and anyone who talks about them is drummed out of the bureaucracy. Maybe now they are interested, and maybe, Mr. Glastonbury says, they are getting a little desperate, and are willing to do stupid things. Certainly that man today was stupid, because he was in clear view of half the camp when he was trying to sneak down to the boathouse."

"I don't think he cared," Kennedy said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.