Dagger Of Kija - Cover

Dagger Of Kija

Copyright© 2003-06-09

Chapter 5

"That was a nightmare!" Pyran said succinctly, after he was released from the domination of the Dagger. "I'm glad it's over!"

The group sat sprawled about the Arena, Pteri on Gareth's lap wrapped tightly in his arms, but never releasing her grip on the Dagger. It was too dangerous, she had said.

"Over?" the elderly Shaman raised a white eyebrow. "We aren't even close to finishing this, sonny."

Pyran looked confused. Perched on one arm of Kija's throne, he glanced over at the other arm where Greyshadow sat. The two rogues flanked Gareth and Pteri, who sat in the middle.

"She means there is still the question of what to do with Kija and Tomas," she explained to the younger rogue. "And what to do with the Dagger

"Destroy it," Gareth stated firmly as he rested his head against Pteri's, eyes closed. He still wore his burnt clothes, but wasn't that badly hurt, as the Shaman had pulled most her punches, aiming her fire at the chains binding him.

"Also, there is the question of escape," Hanna mentioned calmly. "We have not found any of the Kindred talismans or Yellow scrolls that were taken from us. Even if Pteri is successful in reestablishing magic to normal around here, both Gareth and I will be walking out."

"No one gets left behind." Wildhair asserted, relaxing at the bottom of the throne's platform. "If one stays, we all walk."

Greyshadow cleared her throat. "Elder," she said quietly. "I guess I should have mentioned this earlier, but I am staying."

Gareth's eyes popped open. "You can't," he said simply. "You are 'kill on sight' anywhere in this kingdom."

"By Kija's orders," Greyshadow agreed, pointing at the two heavily chained figures in the middle of the arena's sandy floor. "But he is chained down there with Tomas and somehow, after you leave with his Dagger, I bet his power will be weakened to the point where he will be thinking about other things than one young Ninja. Besides, I have friends here and family somewhere in hiding. With Tomas and Kija gone, I think Nagnang could become as nice a place to live as Buya."

Everyone was surprised at Greyshadow's speech, as it was likely the most words she had ever put together since she came to the North.

Pyran seemed especially impressed with the young lady's resolve. "How will you manage?" he asked, concerned.

Greyshadow smiled at the young man bravely. "It is hard enough to hurt a Ninja that is attacking you," She explained, "And I will mostly be running away."

A low rumbling came from the heavy Do. "Your home will always be in Phoenix," he said, full of emotion. "Return when you can."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.