The Overlords' Gambit - Cover

The Overlords' Gambit

Copyright© 2007 by A Strange Geek

Chapter 28

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 28 - Amanda finds that life on Narlass is never going to be as simple as she hopes. The intrigue and conspiracy are far from over, and she will be pulled into events that go beyond what she had ever imagined. The Overlords plot to take down an Emperor, but he is forewarned. And now the Nobility are poised to step into the fray. Is civil war on the horizon? As for the merchant Jollis, he seems to have his OWN agenda.<br>Note: 3rd story in the Narlass series. You should read the previous stories.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Romantic   Magic   Slavery   Fiction   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   FemaleDom   Spanking   Rough   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

The treaty had been intended from the start as a gesture of peace from the Monarchists to the rival Republicans. Despite the fact that the Monarchists had already earned general support from the people under their rule (thus, in effect, were not obligated to offer the opposition anything), it was felt that this would be a further sign of reconciliation.

Admittedly, the treaty did not leave much room for Republican ideology. The Monarchists felt then, as most scholars do today, that the ideas of Republicanism were far too radical to be considered, and too impractical to implement. This was explained to them time and time again, and borne out quite clearly in the way the two sides governed their loyalists.

It was believed that the Republicans had come to an understanding when they put forth a representative to sign the treaty. Yet it was only two moons later when it was discovered that the Republicans had not stood down their navy as stipulated in the Charter. In retrospect, the Monarchists could have done more to press the issue. But the Republicans had not been seen as a serious military threat, as they had little in the way of an army. While their navy was formidable, a war would seriously impair their own trade as well as that of the Monarchists.

Thus at this point in history, Oceanus existed in name only, on parchment, rather than in reality.

More frustrating to the Monarchists was the Republican navy's habit of provoking a potential confrontation and then withdrawing when reinforcements arrived. Another moon later, the Monarchists decided to finally confront the issue. They reorganized their navy into three fleets. Two were sent out to confront the Republican navy while the third maintained a defensive stance along the mainland coast.

Apparently, this had been what the Republicans were waiting for.

One fleet was engaged suddenly when it was sufficiently far from Monarchist ports to prevent adequate reinforcement. The Republicans had more firepower than had been estimated. The first fleet was routed. The second fleet, alerted to the danger by Farview, fared better when it was eventually attacked. It fought the Republicans to a bloody stalemate, forcing both sides to withdraw.

Yet this had been only one part of a two-phase attack. A contingent of Republican ships punched a hole in the third fleet's defensive line and assaulted Port Keyas. To the Monarchist's surprise, the Republicans landed an army and captured the port. This cut off one end of a very critical trade route with the southern continent and threatened the southern flank of the Monarchists' territories. It would give the Republican navy free rein in the southern sea.

Thus the Founding War had begun, and for the moment, the Monarchists were in a bad position...


"Um... Amanda?"

Amanda blinked and looked up from the scroll. She straightened up on the bench upon which she had been seated, wincing a bit at the crick that had developed in her neck and the soreness across her shoulders.

"Huh? I mean, yes, Master Warlos?"

Amanda could almost forget she was a slave while she was squirreled away in one of the reading rooms that lined the other wing of the library. Only the breeze that wafted in through the wide window blowing on her naked skin reminded her of her status.

Warlos stepped more fully into the room, clutching a leather-bound book to his chest. "I am sorry to interrupt you, but your Master, Lord Duric, sent a servant to fetch you."

Amanda's eyes widened and she glanced towards the window. Sunset glowed with a dusky, ruddy light, the scrolls on the table casting long shadows. She felt her heart lurch. It had reminded her of home. She used to lose herself in books all the time, when things were better with her father.

She took a deep breath and let it go as she stood. No, it was not her home. It was her previous home. She could not call that place home any longer. Or think about her father too much.

Amanda pushed her thoughts aside before they could become painful.

"I'll come along, then," Amanda said. "I should have left before the sun grew this low."

"I do hope you do not get punished for this," said Warlos.

The concern in his voice sounded genuine. It made Amanda smile slightly. She had grown to like this older gentleman. The harsher that Rallas treated her each night, the nicer Warlos seemed to act, as if he were trying to make up for Rallas' behavior.

"Thank you, Master Warlos. I'll be fine."

"Will you be returning to see Rallas again tonight?"

Amanda could not tell if his voice was meant to be hopeful or regretful. She had noticed that he seemed to be around more often in the late hours on nights that Amanda had to "entertain" Rallas.

"Most likely, yes," Amanda said softly. "I am to go to him each night until I finish my research."

Warlos smiled. "You are quite the voracious reader. I'm quite pleasantly surprised. Oh, ah, not that I thought you were intellectually inferior."

Amanda did smile fully this time. "I understand what you mean, Master. I thank you for retrieving more scrolls for me than Master Rallas had allowed me initially."

"Oh, well... if you're going to research something, you're going to have to do it right, I always say. It just means it will take you a little longer."

Warlos did not sound at all disappointed at this prospect. Amanda, however, felt torn.

She wanted to get her research over and done with to get out from under Rallas' thumb. But she was learning so much! She had quickly discovered that simply diving into scrolls about the battle itself was not enough. She had to know about the war that led up to it. This in turn meant she had to know about the causes of the war. This in turn meant she had to understand the rise of the Republican movement.

Nothing in history exists in isolation. This was something Amanda had learned from a history teacher she had really liked a few years back. After several days of reading, only now was she getting to the start of the war that led to the battle.

She also hoped that it would help her understand better what was happening now.

"I hope I will have all that I need now to finish my research, Master," said Amanda.

Warlos chuckled. "I feel so foolish around you, Amanda."

Amanda gave him a puzzled look.

"I just love hearing you call me that. Master, that is."

Amanda was about to tell him that it was simply a title of respect, but she stopped herself and let him have the illusion that it meant more.

"Well, um... I better not be keeping you, or I shall have to take your punishment for you with Lord Duric."

Amanda found this to be an amusing image. She needed something to make her feel better. The prospect of seeing Rallas again after dark was already hanging over her like a pall.

Rallas did not hurt her, save for the discomfort she felt with ropes tied around her so tightly that muscles were stretched or compressed unnaturally for hours at a time. What distressed her was how utterly joyless her sexual encounters were with him. He could make her cum four or five times, but she felt little more than the physical sensations. Even her own dampness was a simple trained response to his stimulations.

She didn't think she was asking for too much to be allowed to get something out of her encounters.

Worst of all, it was leaving her no time to Farview. She had not called Sirinna in days, and she had to ignore one from Jollis the night before.

Amanda started out of the chamber. Just as she passed Warlos, the man made a hasty side-step and stopped her.

"Yes, Master?"

A smile flickered across his face again. "Amanda, do you think... well... I understand that Duric is, um, generous with his slaves. To his staff, that is. Do you think he might see his way clear to allowing you to... ah..."

At this point, Warlos looked thoroughly embarrassed and could not continue.

"You wish me to service you, Master Warlos?"

"If the idea of doing that with an old man is not too disturbing to you..."

Amanda was rather touched by the fact that this man actually cared about how she felt. In truth, Warlos did not look that old to her, or he had simply aged well. "I will mention it to Master Duric." After a pause she added. "I would not mind."

Warlos looked rather happy at this at first, but it quickly faded. With a sigh, he said, "It has been so long... Frankly, I'm not even sure I can do it anymore..."

"I can simply be a companion for you for the evening, Master, if you wish. We do not have to have sex if you do not wish it."

Warlos actually blushed when the word was mentioned. Amanda found this to be more endearing than amusing. "Um... yes... please, then, mention it to your Lord. Your Master, I mean. Good day to you, Amanda."

"I will. And good day to you, Master Warlos."

Amanda smiled. It was the first time anyone had given her the traditional Narlassi greeting of respect since she had become a slave.


Jollis allowed himself a small sigh of frustration as he placed the Farview pearl upon the floor of his quarters and issued the summons. He had not wanted to make this communication, but now his cohorts had informed him that the Overlord had given them an ultimatum. This would not do. He must toe the line as Jollis willed it. Everything was holding together, but wrapped with a delicate string. Jostle things too much and the string would break.

The image of Overlord Gronnus shimmered into view. "About time you deigned to call upon me!" the Overlord said sourly.

"Spare me your histrionics, Overlord," declared Jollis.

"I will spare nothing! Your men have done nothing but take, take, take! Now they are demanding slaves two and three at at time! I will have nothing left at this rate!"

"And spare me your useless hyperbole as well. I know perfectly well how many slaves you have in your Manor, Overlord. You can weather it."

"Then perhaps I simply do not with to deal with you unless I get a fair exchange in return. You have given me nothing in the way of new information for almost a quarter moon!"

Jollis paused to collect his thoughts. He had been avoiding giving out any more information to Gronnus after understanding how the Emperor was viewing it. Jollis was rather surprised that Z'haas had not already signed an order of execution for Gronnus. It would raise little ruckus with the other Overlords, or even Roquan.

Jollis had been caught in a bind. He could not give Gronnus more of the truth, for the Emperor would continue to see it as a lie. He could not tell Gronnus a lie, for the Emperor would interpret that as further treachery. Withholding information was actually preserving the Overlord's life at the moment, such that it was.

"I have no more to give you now, but this will be rectified in the near future," said Jollis.

"Then that better come quite soon, if you wish to receive any more slaves from me."

"No, Overlord. You do not hold the cards in this deal. You must be made to realize this. I will continue to dictate the terms of the deal."

Gronnus glowered at Jollis and folded his arms. "You are hardly in a position to do so. I have something you want. If I do not give it to you..."

"Then it will be taken from you."

Gronnus trailed off. He stared at Jollis with a mixture of incomprehension and fear.

"I cannot afford to pander to your blackmail. If you do not comply, you will be taken out of the way. I will then purchase your slaves at the auction that will follow the dissolution of your Manor."

"What?? You... y-you can't be serious!" Gronnus sputtered, wide-eyed.

"Deadly serious, Overlord."

"You're... y-you're openly threatening me with assassination?!"

Jollis shook his head slowly. "Not a threat, your Lordship. A promise."

Even the shimmering image of the Farview was able to convey the pale look that came over Gronnus' face. He swallowed hard and thrust an arm forward, pointing a shaking finger at Jollis. "I will have the other Overlords come down on you for this! I'll contact Roquan and tell him what you have said! See how long he wants a would-be assassin as a Tradesman!"

Jollis found this so amusing that he had to chuckle. "My dear Overlord, do you seriously believe that the likes of Roquan will come to your aid, or that he will believe you in the first place? After what you caused to happen at the Conclave? After what happened to Amanda?"

Gronnus slowly lowered his arm. He gave Jollis a fearful look. He looked as if he wanted to say something, but the words were not coming to him. Or he was simply too afraid to say them.

"Continue to deal with my cohorts, Overlord," Jollis said calmly. "I assure you, the rewards for you will be great if you continue to cooperate. I do not forget those that assist me. I can be very generous. I have resources that you cannot even begin to comprehend."

Gronnus paused a long moment. "What kind of resources?" he asked warily.

"Contacts. Goods. Platinum. Prestige."

Gronnus eyebrows shot up at the last.

Jollis slowly smiled. "Ah, is that what you are after? You wish to reclaim your former influence?"

Gronnus frowned. "That is impossible. Not as long as Roquan is an Overlord."

Jollis considered for a moment. "Influence can be a fleeting thing, Overlord. Great changes are about to befall Oceanus. Things will never be as they were. But there will be new opportunities. New forms of influence and power. You cannot reclaim what you lost, Overlord, but perhaps that will not matter in what is to come."

"Are the rumors true, then? That Oceanus is headed towards civil war?"

"I know as much as you do on that score, Overlord. But I know how to find opportunity. And I can share my fortune with you. But to do that, you will need to cooperate."

Gronnus considered for a long moment. Finally he heaved a heavy sigh. "Another half moon," he grunted. "No more than that! You cannot keep raiding my slaves after that."

Jollis bowed his head. "Hopefully that is more than enough time, Overlord. I will be in contact with you again before that time."

"See that you do. I will hold you to this."

"I have never reneged on a promise. Please do not insult me by implying that I have."

Jollis cut the Farview with a slice of his hand through the air before the Overlord could reply. His image vanished from sight.

Jollis sighed again. He had not wanted to bother with the Overlord. Had things gone more to his original plans, he would have left Gronnus to his fate by now. But things were becoming dangerous for him.

He picked up the pearl, then turned his head towards a window that looked out in the general direction of the Manor. He narrowed his eyes. The events in the Healer's office earlier had obviously been staged. When he had turned around, it had been clear to him that Lanno had thrust the vial at Jollis specifically to splash him with the substance within.

He was sure it was not an attempt at delivering a contact poison. There were far simpler ways to accomplish such a thing without an elaborate ruse. Yet he was at a loss as to the purpose of the charade. Unless, perhaps, his alertness had disrupted a crucial part of it. Even if that were the case, the fact that they were attempting something against his person was a sign that his cover would not last much longer.

Killing Vanlo or Lanno to protect his secrets was not an option. It would cause too much disruption at the Manor. He had to hold out hope that he had enough time to accomplish his task. Then Gronnus' Manor would be a temporary haven for as long as it took the chaos of war to spread to the point where the Inonni would move in.

Jollis rolled the pearl between his fingers. Another reason for his shortness with Gronnus was his concern over Amanda. She had not responded to his Farview summons the night before, and she had not contacted Sirinna, either. Sirinna had tried to act as if it did not bother her, but Jollis could see it for himself, with as much time as he had been spending with her lately.

He felt a bit guilty. He was using Sirinna to his own ends, to help relieve his stress. He was using her exactly like one would use a slave in Oceanus. He tried to tell himself that she was enjoying it as well, but the words rang hollow to him. Sirinna was Draughted. He could never be sure how much of her enthusiasm came from that and how much came from her own sincere desires.

Jollis put the pearl away and headed out of his quarters and towards the Manor. It was time to get back to his task and keep his remaining doubts at bay.


A deep thrumming noise emanated from the glowing column. Energy pulsed towards either end from the bright red gemstone in the center, which rotated sedately in its crystal cage. The eerie light was the only illumination in the chamber, each wave reflecting off the deeply-tanned face of the one that studied the device, his eyes flicking up and down, brow furrowed in thought.

Annas knew what every pulse meant. He could tell from the brightness of the light and the shape of each energy ring how well "tuned" the Portal was. From the way the facets of the gem flickered and flashed, he could tell how "clean" the power was and immediately know how to rid it of lingering resonant energies from past transports.

But what he bent his mind to now was how to augment the power of the device and hide it from view of the Mage Guild at the same time.

Each in isolation was not a terribly difficult task. The Guild Hall would like to think it was. Certainly Q'yros would. But then again, Annas did not think much of Q'yros. Few rogue Mages did. "Pompous elitist" was the term most often used by the rogues when describing him. In fact, they could apply that appellation to many of the Mages that controlled the Guild.

But now Annas was being asked to combine the two. And by an Overlord no less! Annas was no fool. He knew of the events transpiring in Oceanus. He knew of the failed coup, and of the Caucus. He was not told why he was asked to perform this task, and he did not press for details, but it was obvious. Given the proximity of Weton D'honna's Manor to the Imperial City and the requested size and time needed for the Portal opening, it could only be for the purpose of transporting an army in secret.

Annas' lips curled into a conspiratorial smile. It was a dead clever idea, he believed. He had no love for the current Emperor. It was Z'haas that gave the Mage Guild permission to execute rogue Mages. Until that point, execution had been reserved for the Emperor's purview alone, and the Guild had to be content with stilling the rogue Mage's magical sense. It was why rogue Mages no longer revealed their clan names, to prevent the Guild from harassing them.

Good riddance to Z'haas was his take on it.

Annas noticed the shaft of ruddy sunlight that suddenly opened to his left but did not turn towards it. A shadow stretched out within it, a silhouette of a man leaning casually against the door frame. "Well? How goes it, Annas?"

Annas paused a moment to gather his thoughts before turning. In the doorway stood the dapper young man that was Overlord Weton D'honna. This was not the first time Annas had conversed with an Overlord before, but he had never seen one so young. Only Overlord Freya D'yros was younger, he was given to understand.

Annas took one last glance at the Portal and waved a hand at it. The thrumming noise eased as the energies slowly waned. He turned back to the Overlord and stepped towards him, a breeze from outside causing his robes to billow out behind him. He tapped his staff thoughtfully on the floor.

"It can be done," Annas said. "Not easily. But it can be done."

"And not cheap, I'll bet."

Annas smiled thinly. "A rogue I may be, but I must provide for myself nevertheless. I do not have the luxury of guaranteed accommodations at the Guild Hall as do Institutional Mages."

Annas never used the term "normal Mages" like others might to distinguish the non-rogue Mages. He hated the idea of a rogue Mage being treated as an aberration or a criminal. The Guild Hall liked to paint a picture of the rogue Mage as a mercenary with few morals and no scruples that would do anything, no matter how evil, for a few coins of platinum.

The reality was that the rogue Mages simply hated the politics of the Guild Hall. It mired the Guild in useless games of power that held back any real advancement in magical technology. Q'yros' breakthrough in detecting Portal openings was a surprise, and they quietly admired Q'yros for that.

Weton returned the smile, though there was little humor to it. "Bottom line: how much?"

"One thousand platinum."

Weton blinked. "Are you quite serious?"

Annas folded his hands over the end of his staff. "Beyond your means, Overlord?" he asked with a small grin.

"That, actually, is not an issue for me."

"I did not think so." Annas knew this was not being bankrolled by Weton. He was simply a go-between, someone who happened to have a Portal in a convenient place. He assumed the Overlord would report this back to a Noble Lord -- for only the Nobility would have the resources and know-how to field an army -- and would add his own fee atop it.

"But I find it interesting that I could likely purchase two, perhaps three, slaves from a fellow Overlord for that price."

Annas chuckled. "Interesting how we perceive an expense. You see it in the number of slaves you could purchase. I see it as how I may go about feeding myself and procuring supplies to allow myself to continue my magical education."

"Isn't this all such a bother, Annas? Having to be on the run all the time? Arranging for your own education? I have to admit, I have my doubts about your abilities to perform this miracle that Roquan wishes."

Annas considered the last statement first. Was he referring to Roquan D'ronstaq? So the Noble was an additional link up the chain. He had heard much about Roquan, and how he rallied the other Overlords around him. Likely it was the only way to get an Overlord like Weton to lift a finger for the Nobility.

As for the rest, Annas took no offense. He welcomed the chance to set someone's misconceptions straight. "The Guild Hall would like you to believe they are the sole conduit for a 'proper' magical education," Annas stated. "But the reality is, they are weighed down by a stupid and slavish devotion to 'tradition' and their own internal politics. I assure you that Overlord politics are nothing compared to the Guild Hall. I have learned more than my counterparts in the Guild."

Weton looked skeptical as he rubbed his chin, turning his gaze to the Portal device as it settled back into standby mode.

"You are fortunate," continued Annas, gesturing to the Portal. "You have a very recent model. A better crystal lattice around the gem. A gemstone using 36 facets instead of the old 24."

"I had it recently upgraded two seasons ago."

"Yes, these newer ones are more durable. They better withstand being overpowered, which is what I will need to do."

Weton frowned. "Overpowered? I was told by the Guild that nasty things happen when you do that."

Annas smiled. "Well... yes and no. If you don't know what you're doing, yes. A Mage can overpower a Portal and hold it within tolerances. There is only a very small chance of Portal failure."

Weton considered and frowned. "And if it did happen anyway, I would be left without a Portal."

Annas shook his head. "I would repair it."

"For more platinum, of course."

"Yes, but should you really care?"

Weton was young, perhaps a little inexperienced as Overlords went, but he was no fool. His clan had had a long history of Overlordship, and they had taught him a thing or two. If this damaged his Portal, he wanted assurances that he would get the needed funds to repair it. He was definitely going to have to demand such assurance from Roquan if the other Overlord wanted Weton's help.

"Very well," Weton said. Behind him, the last rays of sunlight faded as the sun dipped below the tops of the trees. "I will secure your payment this evening."

"I will plan to begin work first thing in the morning."

Weton nodded curtly and left.

Annas watched him go and turned back to the Portal. Yes, this was going to be tricky, but he welcomed the challenge. He imagined that, had the Guild Hall been contracted to do such a thing, they would have told him it was impossible simply to avoid having to put the effort into it.

Annas smiled. It just reaffirmed his choice to be rogue. Institutional Mages claimed to get things done; rogue Mages actually got them done.

He turned and left the Portal chamber, looking forward to the morning's work.


Twilight deepened to night. By all rights, Amanda should be on her way to Rallas again. Yet Duric showed no inclination to remind her of this fact.

Amanda was not consciously trying to stall. It was simply her first opportunity to act in a manner in which she had been trained. She took her time because she wanted to feel like she was giving him pleasure and not just being a toy or object.

If Duric thought Amanda was trying to avoid going to Rallas, it did not serve to dampen his enjoyment. He watched as Amanda's head bobbed slowly up and down, his manhood sliding back and forth between tight lips and against agile tongue. The enthusiasm that Amanda displayed amazed him.

Duric made an unobtrusive gesture to the side. Amanda did not even notice it, as focused as she was. She was on her knees, hunched down, her rear thrust over the foot of the bed. She saw movement off to the side but did not pay any attention to it. It was not until she felt hands sliding over her ass cheeks that she reacted with a shiver of anticipation.

Tanyee coaxed Amanda into spreading her knees apart a bit more. When Amanda had eagerly complied, Tanyee leaned forward and tilted her head back. She teased Amanda's womanhood with her tongue before dipping it into Amanda's now hot and wet depths.

Amanda uttered a deep moan with Duric's manhood almost fully in her mouth. Duric felt the pleasurable vibration down his shaft and watched as Amanda's hips squirmed against Tanyee's ministrations, his lips curling into a most satisfied smile.

He had told Amanda to do what she wished, both to see her reaction and to see what she would pick. The former had not surprised him. He knew of Rallas' propensities, which was why he rarely let his slaves service him. Giving Amanda to Rallas in this manner was not actually what he had wanted, but he could not see asking the librarian to do this favor for a slave and expect nothing in return.

Amanda wrapped her fingers around Duric's sack and tugged as she stroked him more deeply. She wanted to bring him up far enough to make him really feel it, but not far enough to take him over. She had something else in mind.

Yet she was loathe to move from this position. The pleasure she was feeling from Tanyee was wonderful. It was the first real sexual pleasure she had experienced in several days.

Amanda drew his cock very deep into her mouth and squeezed her tongue against it, doing a single, long lick as she let it slip out from between her lips. Reluctantly, she disengaged herself from Tanyee and slid forward, crawling over Duric. Tanyee reached between Amanda's legs and slipped her fingers around Duric's manhood, giving it a few gentle strokes as Amanda positioned herself.

Tanyee held Duric's cock in place as Amanda impaled herself on it. She was wet enough that there was a distinct squishing sound as she sank on him, and she uttered a low, sultry moan as he filled her. She relished every moment of it.

Amanda was trembling with her own desire. She leaned forward and started humping her hips against him, slowly at first, panting softly as she felt his cock slide inside her tight tunnel. For a moment she almost did not recognize herself. It was if she had been Draughted, that she was addicted to the sexual pleasure. She realized now that she had gained a psychological need for it.

But it had to be enjoyable on an emotional level. What Rallas gave her was like giving a starving man sand to eat.

Amanda gyrated her hips back and forth at the same time that they moved up and down. She was in no hurry. Her own stimulation had risen to the point where relaxing the tension on her muscles would send her over in a very short while. She wanted to feel the pleasure for now, even as it crept upward until her pussy ached from the need for release. Still she held on, wanting to savor it, even as it made her pant wildly and tremble like a leaf.

Tanyee came up from behind her and gently kneaded her breasts. Amanda moaned deeply, feeling the tingle of additional pleasure from her nipples. Her body glistened with perspiration. She felt Duric writhe below her and heard him groan as his own pleasure rose.

Amanda timed it well. Just as she strained to keep her climax in check, she heard Duric abruptly groan very loudly and his cock started throbbing hard inside her. She let go and cried out as her sex pulsed. She closed her eyes and drew her hips up and down his still throbbing manhood, milking both him and her own orgasm.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.