The Overlords' Gambit
Chapter 12

Copyright© 2007 by A Strange Geek

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Amanda finds that life on Narlass is never going to be as simple as she hopes. The intrigue and conspiracy are far from over, and she will be pulled into events that go beyond what she had ever imagined. The Overlords plot to take down an Emperor, but he is forewarned. And now the Nobility are poised to step into the fray. Is civil war on the horizon? As for the merchant Jollis, he seems to have his OWN agenda.<br>Note: 3rd story in the Narlass series. You should read the previous stories.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Romantic   Magic   Slavery   Fiction   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   FemaleDom   Spanking   Rough   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

The water surged against the large rocks below, sea mist rising from the breaking waves and making the foundations of Duric's palace glisten in the bright morning sunlight. High up from the water's edge, where the sound was muted to a gentle roar, Duric stood at the ornate metal railing that rimmed the wide patio. The patio traced a path around the curve that was the outer wall of his suite, where it lay near the back of his palace.

Duric was a lover of the outdoors, and being sequestered in the palace as the Keyas Province governor was not always to his liking. Having the Governor's Suite moved from the dank innards of the castle to the outer rim facing the ocean had improved his spirits admirably when he had first taken the position.

As seagulls gathered near the water's edge, squawking as they jockeyed for position and territory, the flustered form of Farro came around the bend of the palace tower at a hastening pace. By the time he stopped next to his Lord, he was slightly out of breath.

Duric paused, a small smile creasing his face as he looked out over the vast expanse of ocean. He finally turned his head and raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

Farro's hand shot up, displaying a parchment that flapped as the ocean breeze tried to snatch it away, his eyes betraying an incredulous look.

"Yes?" said Duric innocently.

"This cannot be from you." Farro finally sputtered after several false starts, brandishing the parchment. "You could not have possibly penned this."

Duric's smile turned sardonic as he took the parchment from his adviser. The wind blew it back at him, forcing him to use two hands to hold it stretched flat. His eyes gazed at the black, cursive ink. "If I didn't write it, we should hire the person that did," he said with a small grin. "For the man can almost read my mind."

"This is not funny," Farro declared, snatching the parchment back from Duric.

Duric's grin faded. "Things like this never are, Farro."

"Do the other Nobles know you are doing this?"

"Not yet. They will, however."

"When it is too late to... to stop you, you mean." At the last moment, Farro had changed what he had really wanted to say, which was "to talk some sense into you." Already he was skirting what would have been a thin line with any other Lord. He felt he was pushing the boundaries of what ought to be acceptable behavior from an adviser.

Duric turned away from the ocean and leaned against the railing, folding his arms. "The idea, Farro, is not so much to keep secrets from the other Nobles as it is to keep it from the Emperor. The fewer people that know, the less likely that the Emperor will find out."

"You are talking of treason to the throne!" Farro cried. "Civil war!"

"Treason? Maybe. If you go by a traditional definition of it. Civil war? This is to prevent one, not start one."

"Traditional definition? Why should there be any other definition?" Farro demanded, his voice cracking in his exasperation.

"Because, dear Farro, what is an Emperor supposed to do?"

Farro blinked. "Huh?"

"The Emperor is supposed to look after the nation. He is supposed to act in its best interest. He is attempting to involve us in a war against a virtually unarmed people citing some vague threat to Oceanus' security. That does not sound like an Emperor who is doing his job."

"But to raise arms against him? Why are you even doing this when the Overlords..." Farro trailed off and stared. "Did it fail?"

"It failed."

"Impossible!"

Duric raised a single eyebrow.

"History, my Lord! When the Overlords have initiated a coup in the past, they have always succeeded! Why fail now?"

"Hmm. Why, indeed! I suggest that alone may be cause for alarm."

Farro paused a long moment and then sighed deeply. He turned and took a few steps away from his Lord. When he realized that could be seen as insulting, he quickly whirled back around to face Duric, but the Noble did not seem put out by this momentary breach of etiquette.

Farro lifted the parchment. "I'm still not sure we can do this."

"You don't believe we can find enough able-bodied men?"

"Oh, we have that in abundance. Now ask me if I believe we have any that will go for this in the first place. Unless you intend to resort to conscription."

Duric shook his head. "Only as a last resort. I want men who are willing to go to battle first, not ones that have been drafted into it."

"Then I return to my original statement. Once you tell them what you want an army for, they're not going to agree to this. And you can forget about keeping it secret."

Duric considered this. "Then I guess you have your work cut out for you."

Farro stared, a stricken look on his face. "Pardon, my Lord?"

"I need you to find a way to rally them around my banner, Farro. Or rather the banner of myself and Roquan D'ronstaq."

Farro's eyes opened even wider, and he took a half-step back. "I'm sure I heard that wrong."

Duric shook his head. "Farro, that is how bad things are right now. Make no mistake about this. Z'haas cannot be tolerated on the throne any longer. He will be deposed, period."

"This is unprecedented. There's never been a case of an Emperor removed by force!"

Duric managed a small smile. "Then I suppose we'll be making history."

Farro sighed and shook his head. "This is not the kind of history I wanted to be known for." He paused and took a deep breath. "Well... no point in arguing this any further, is there? Not once your mind is made up."

"I want your mind to be made up about it as well," said Duric adamantly.

Farro hesitated but slowly nodded. "I should have realized this was coming. After everything that's been happening. And the terrible killings at the Imperium..."

"I thought you had not heard that the coup had failed."

"I had heard about the executions," Farro said in a hollow voice. "I had simply held out the vain and foolish hope that I had heard wrong, or that they were somehow not related to the coup. Great gods, it is one thing to crack down on a conspiracy, but to deny the basic right to trial and pass summary judgment... !"

"Exactly."

Farro looked over the parchment again. "My Lord, as much as I want to help, I don't see how you're going to get this past the Emperor. I don't see how you're going to be able to approach the Imperium with anything larger than an regiment without being spotted and intercepted before you even come within sight of the Imperial Palace. Or..."

He paused and stared in astonishment at something near the end of the missive.

"Or do it all in one moon's time!"

Duric clasped a hand on Farro's shoulder. "That's why I need you. You have a tendency to think unconventionally at times. I need you to find a way to do it."

Farro shook his head again. "That's a tall order even in the best of times, my Lord. Do you think the Emperor is intending to move that quickly?"

"I am working under the assumption that he has been building an army for awhile now and revealed his plans only recently."

"If he has that much of a head start on us, I daresay this may be a fool's errand. We may be money ahead to come up with a diplomatic solution. This Caucus for instance..."

"... will be a colossal waste of time," said Duric. "Except for the fact that it gives me a chance to secretly inform the other Nobles of my intentions if I so desire it. And it gives me someone to place inside the Imperium at a crucial moment."

Farro gave Duric an odd look. "Crucial moment?"

"I need to know exactly when Z'haas' troops will leave the Imperium, as that will be the time to strike. Janna will provide me that information."

Farro looked aghast. "Great gods, you're going to use her as a spy??"

"Do I have any other choice in the matter?"

"If the Emperor discovers her... !"

"I am aware of that," Duric snapped, his voice growing cross for the first time with Farro. "And she is as well."

The latter statement was not spoken with nearly as much conviction as the former, but Farro did not pick up on this. Instead, he said, "But he may not launch his army when Janna is still there. He may send them sooner. Or wait until the Lords have left."

Duric shook his head. "Emperor Z'haas strikes me as someone who wants to set an example. That is why he acted as he did against the coup conspirators. He wanted to send a message that he was in control and that he could do as he pleased. He may not have wanted the Caucus, but now that he has it thrust upon him, he is going to take advantage of it. He is going to launch his army in full view of the Nobility."

"That is insane."

Duric smiled humorlessly. "Now you get it."

Farro swallowed. He had been in denial about it, but no longer. It was a frightening thought that the man that controlled the most powerful nation in Narlass was mentally unbalanced.

A realization came to him, and he gave Duric a horrified look.

Duric furrowed his brow. "What is the matter, Farro?"

"It... it can't be done!" Farro cried. "What you want of me... it simply can't be done!"

"I already told you, I need you to think unconventionally and..."

"Blast all that! I thought you had wanted an army ready to march in a moon. Now you tell me you want an army at the gates of the Imperial City in a single moon!"

There was a long pause before Duric finally answered, "Yes."

Farro threw up his hands in exasperation, nearly losing the parchment in the process.

"You have to make it work," said Duric. "Find a way. We have no other choice."

Farro considered for a long moment before turning back to his Lord with a brooding look in his eyes. "It will take a moon just to form an army and get it into a remotely cohesive state. And even then it won't have staying power. You want an army, but about the only thing I can give you is something short of a single legion."

"It doesn't need staying power, and it doesn't need to be impressive in terms of size. I'm not looking for a siege. I'm looking for a surgical strike. In and out. In by dawn and out by dusk with an interim Emperor on the throne."

"Fine. I can give you that. Somehow. But there is still the problem of getting the army there. That..." He paused. "Wait. We are allied with the Overlords?"

"Yes, I stated that."

"All of them, not just Roquan?"

Duric hesitated a moment before answering. "I am assuming so. I can check with Roquan to make sure this is indeed the case. Do you have an idea?"

"Perhaps. I'm not sure. I don't know all the details of how the Overlord Manors work, but I may have something." He looked up. "With your leave, I wish to get started on this task. The sooner I get to it, the sooner we'll know if we will fail miserably at it."

Duric smirked. "That's what I like to hear, Farro. A positive attitude."

Farro just shook his head and turned away, heading back the way he had come.

Duric watched his adviser leave and allowed himself a small heartfelt sigh when the man was out of earshot. He did not like having to dump this on Farro. Yet Farro always came through for him no matter how impossible the task sounded. And to be honest, the man always made a fuss like this when given something huge. It was his job to make sure his Lord really considered this a wise course of action.

Sometimes Duric could be persuaded to adjust his demands. There was simply no room for that here.

Duric walked a little further along the patio and headed back into his suite through a pair of wide glass doors, placing him inside the suite's elegant morning sun room. The frosted glass of the doors diffused the light into milky radiance that gave the chamber a soft glow against its muted earth tones.

Duric heard a familiar panting moan as he turned from the doors. He followed the sound through an open, gilded door that led to one of the smaller rooms off from the sun room, which guests would use for private conversations during a large gathering. Or for more intimate reasons.

When he stepped into the room, he discovered that it was more the latter this time.

Janna was seated on the plush sofa that lay against the opposite wall. She looked up at Duric's approach, giving him a small smile as one hand gently stroked Tanyee's hair. Her dress was open, her bosom bared to the young slave. Tanyee was slowly and sensuously sliding her tongue in and around one of Janna's nipples, her hands gently fondling both breasts.

"Mmm, very good, Tanyee," Janna said in a sultry voice. "Very nice. Keep that up, and I may let you cum."

Duric tilted his head as he saw that Tanyee was quivering constantly, her hips writhing back and forth. Her breathing was also rather labored, almost desperate. Yet both of Janna's hands were within view.

Janna smirked. "Yes?"

Duric raised an eyebrow. "My dear, are you torturing my poor slave with one of your little toys?" he asked in a tone of mock-reproach.

"Oh, now, would I do something like that?" Janna said, blinking in mock-innocence. At the same time, she gave Duric a sly smile. She reached between Tanyee's thighs and ran a single finger over the smooth, black material that had been fitted snugly over the slave's pussy. Tanyee shuddered and moaned, the magical material stroking her faster but continuing to prevent final release.

"You are incorrigible," Duric said with a small laugh.

"Besides, all Tanyee has to do is please me if she wants to cum, that's all. And she seems very good at that."

Tanyee moaned softly again and shifted her mouth to the other breast. Janna lightly pressed her hand into the back of Tanyee's head. Tanyee closed her lips around Janna's erect nipple and drew it into her mouth, sucking lightly and licking at it with her tongue.

"Mmm, very nice..." Janna murmured.

"Will you be too distracted to talk, my dear?" Duric said with a grin as he leaned against the door frame, folding his arms.

"Is there that much to talk about? I trust you have spoken with Farro."

"Just now. He's not very happy with me."

"I can imagine. You're asking the impossible of him."

"And do you consider your role impossible, Janna?" Duric asked, his tone serious. "Because I need to know now if you do."

Janna appeared to consider for a moment, though at the same time her breathing grew a bit more labored, so it was more likely increasing sexual excitement that made her pause. Her legs parted to relieve the growing pressure in her own sex. "Not impossible," she finally replied, letting a hand play slowly down Tanyee's side. "Dangerous, perhaps."

"I know. I don't like asking you to do this."

Janna shrugged as she slid her hand around to Tanyee's rear and squeezed one of the slave's ass cheeks. "There isn't much choice now, is there?"

"How far are you willing to go with him, Janna?"

Janna looked up. "From the tone of your voice, I don't think you're referring to his bed chamber, now are you?" She drew Tanyee closer to her, urging the slave to suck more deeply on her breast. "I'll do whatever you need me to do, Duric, it's as simple as that."

"Even outright deceive him?"

Janna appeared to pause in her movements for a moment. When she resumed, she did not answer right away. Instead she lay her hand across one of Tanyee's and gently guided it between her legs. Tanyee slid her hand under Janna's dress and undergarment, fingers sinking into Janna's steamy sex. Janna closed her eyes briefly and drew in her breath sharply. She held it for a second and let it go with her next words. "Oh, now, 'deceive' is such a harsh word... I prefer to call it 'being creative with the facts'..."

"I'm serious, Janna."

Janna moaned softly as Tanyee started slowly stroking her. "Mmm... you're such a wet blanket, Duric..."

Duric shook his head. "Janna, just come see me when you're done." He turned and left without another word.

Janna watched him curiously as he left. It was unlike him to be that serious about anything. Was he truly worried that something bad was going to befall her?

Janna was too excited to tell Tanyee to stop. She nudged Tanyee's head from her breast and made a single, silent gesture. Without hesitation, even as her pussy ached with the desperate need for relief, she crouched before her Mistress. Janna opened her dress to give Tanyee more access. Tanyee leaned forward and tugged the undergarment to the side to expose Janna's glistening pussy.

Janna tilted her head back and closed her eyes as Tanyee began to lick. She spread her legs wide and moaned deeply. She urged Tanyee to hasten a bit with a nudge to the back of the slave's head. Tanyee responded, pressing her lips to Janna's sex and sucking at her womanhood.

Janna's lips parted as she panted. A shudder of excitement passed through her as she thought about Duric's arrangement with Roquan. She had hoped to be at the palace when Amanda arrived. She loved the idea of two young slaves tending to her at the same time.

Janna's thoughts momentarily dissolved as she rose higher. She let Tanyee continue at the faster pace, her moans escalating. Soon she was panting heavily as she neared the edge, her hand pressing Tanyee's face into her sex. Tanyee lashed her tongue against her Mistress' womanhood hard and fast. Janna rose over the top and cried out softly as she came.

She eased the pressure against the back of Tanyee's head, letting the slave girl back off slowly. Tanyee drew back from Janna, sitting on her haunches, panting as her own pussy was continually stroked and held at the edge.

Janna took a few moments to catch her breath before looking down at Tanyee and smiling. She gestured for Tanyee to rise.

Tanyee stood, her legs trembling. She slid her feet apart as if in anticipation of her reward. She started moaning, her hips writhing. Janna watched this for a few more moments before reaching forward and pressing her fingers into Tanyee's slot.

Tanyee gasped, then let out a cry as she came, her hips bucking against Janna's fingers. Her orgasm continued for some time, Janna's magical toy able to stretch out her climax much better than any finger, tongue, or manhood could do. When she was spent, Janna stroked the material in a particular way. It loosened and fell into her hand.

"Thank you, Mistress," Tanyee said in a breathless voice.

Janna smiled. "For removing this or for cumming so hard?"

"For cumming so hard, of course, Mistress."

"Mmm, good girl. Now, I need to go see your Master, so just run off and get cleaned up for him. I shouldn't be but a few moments."

"Yes, Mistress," said Tanyee. She turned and left the room through a side passage, still a bit shaky from her strong orgasm.

Janna stood up and made use of the adjoining sanitary to make herself presentable again. She strode out of the sun room and down the main corridor. Soon enough she was standing in Duric's office, where he sat behind a massive oak desk.

Duric looked up and leaned back in his chair. "Janna, I need to know now," he said in a heavy voice. "Do you really know what you're getting yourself into?"

"Do you seriously think I take on any task without knowing what is involved and what the risks are? I didn't get this far by being careless."

"I know that. But this is the first time you're being asked to do something outside your normal talents."

Janna laughed at this. "You really believe that?"

Duric raised an eyebrow. "Oh? So you've been asked to spy on the Emperor before?"

"No, don't be foolish. While I wouldn't use the word 'spying' to describe it, I am no stranger to gathering information on a potential adversary."

"No 'potential' about it this time, Janna. He is the enemy, period. And this is not your typical rank-advancement venue."

Janna placed her hands on Duric's desk and leaned forward. "Duric, you have no other options. Whether I know better or not about what I'm doing matters not. You have no one else to send who would be half as good at both getting information and misdirecting the Emperor at the crucial moment."

"And you're not the least bit anxious about this?"

Janna snorted as she straightened up. "Only if I let myself think about it too hard."

The truth of the matter was that Janna was a little frightened by the prospects. But this was something she dared not let on to anyone. She could not let anyone know, even someone she trusted as far as Duric, what she really felt. She could not let people see that weakness, for she would have to admit it to herself as well. She could not be distracted by doubt.

"Duric, I have to go through with this," Janna declared. "That's all there is to it. I will not back out of this now."

"You do know what the Emperor did to the conspirators?"

Janna took a quick, deep breath and let it go. "Yes, I do. What of it?"

Duric regarded Janna for a moment, as if looking for something. He finally sighed. "All right. I just wanted to make sure. I've never had to give orders that could potentially put someone's life at risk."

"And you're sure you're not just dwelling on the fact that I'm your cousin?"

Duric gave her a stony look. Of course he was dwelling on that. Because he had attained such a high position in the clan at so young an age, resentment had made his relationships with blood relations rather distant. Janna was the only one to whom he had managed to remain close. Janna was very important to him far beyond just what she could do for him, either in Keyas or the Imperial Palace.

Moreover, he cared about Janna more than he let on. He hated having to ask her to do this for him. He wished he had someone else that was more suited for the task.

When Duric did not reply, Janna shook her head. "I think you may reading too much into it. Are you seriously worried the Emperor might do something to me? A bunch of people conspiring to usurp the throne is one thing, but a member of the Nobility?"

Neither one truly believed that. Both realized that the Emperor was likely capable of anything at this point. Yet no further words were exchanged on the subject.

"All right, Janna," Duric said in a more business-like voice. "The Caucus is going to start in a half-moon's time. The Emperor insists that we open as few Portals into the Imperial Palace as possible, so you'll need to head to Selemas and Port over with some others.

"That's a few day's travel from here by coach. I'll need to leave in not much more than a quarter moon's time." Janna paused and smiled slyly. "Will I be here in time to..."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.