The Mirror Cracked
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2007 by RussellG

Castle Wyvern, The Library:

"She made a pass at you?" Tammy asked while seated in the library where the rest of the Gargoyles had gathered to hear Argent tell about his encounter with Demona earlier.

"Well," Argent looked over at Delilah, "I guess you could call it that."

"Well I sure would," Tammy said while putting her book away. "I've had some experience in that area, and that's what it sounds like to me."

Goliath stood and paced the floor. "Demona's motivations have never been easy to see on face value, she manipulates events and people at will for her own needs."

"Do ya think that she had anything ta do with the Quarrymen attacking Angela and Broadway?" asked Hudson. "It seems a little too convenient that she was there watching, as she told Argent she was."

Angela looked towards her father. "Do you think that she would really do such a thing?"

"Demona is capable of just about anything," he told her. "It would not be unlike her to plan such an attack to try and force you to hate humans as she does." He then turned and lay a hand on Angela's shoulder. "While I don't think she would have let then kill you, she might have let them kill Broadway and then seem to come to your rescue."

"But she didn't plan on Argent showing up," Broadway said. "That ruined her plans."

"Yes, but it also made her aware of his existence." Goliath turned towards Argent and Delilah. "Up until now she hasn't know about Argent, but since you've told us that Demona has gone to Sevarius and spoken to him we now know she is fully aware of what you are, and what you were created to do."

Delilah reached out and took hold of Argent's hand. "She might try and harm you now that you've rejected her." Her eyes glowed red for a moment. "When I catch her I'll..."

"You are going to do anything," Argent told her softly. "She's very dangerous, and I don't want anything to happen to you." He put his finger under her chin, and lifted it slightly. "Understand?"

She smiled at him.

"Argent is right Delilah," Goliath said. "Demona is very dangerous. She has battled our clan many times... and has come close to defeating us. It is only our strength of unity that has won out over her in the past, and only by working together can we hope to defeat her in the future." He faced the assembled group. "What concerns me is that she knew where Argent might show up, and was there to meet him."

Argent gasped. "That's right, I didn't think of that!"

"Demona must have had you watched for some time, so we must all be aware of our surroundings when we go on patrol from now on." Goliath instructed.

"Great!" Brooklyn said from his seat. "First the Quarrymen, now Demona... what's next?"

Bio-Med labs... 1 month later:

A lab attendant showed the wealthy business-woman Dominique Destine, into his employer's laboratory. "If you wait just a few minutes, the doctor will be with you shortly."

"You may go now," she told him while making a dismissing gesture.

No sooner did the attendant leave than Sevarius walked thru the door. "Why Ms. Destine... what a surprise! If I had know you were coming I would have ordered lunch brought in. Would you care for some tea?"

"Don't toy with me human!" Demona said while in her daytime form. "Is everything on schedule?"

"Why yes, it's going very well," Sevarius told her while moving to a large clear tank. He flipped a switch and the tank lit from within, showing a human floating inside. "The clone is at full maturation, no signs of decomposition have shown and all readings from the brain are positive."

Demona looked at the clone floating before her inside the tank. "So you will be able to use this brain and not have any mishaps?"

"I've compared the data so far to the original data from the Argent Project," he told her. "So far it is a perfect match in every way. Now all I need to do is begin the construction of the new body."

"I have some changes that I would like you to make in the new body." She handed him a computer disc, which Sevarius placed in the computer and scanned. "I want this one to be different from Argent, so that he'll know who sent it."

Sevarius looked over the data on the screen. "I don't see any problem with this, have you considered the initial programming? I can make him behave any way you want."

Demona considered for a moment. "I don't want a mindless zombie, but I don't want him to have too much free will of his own... considering what happened with the last one you made."

"I'm sure this one will be much better," Sevarius said.

"I want you to make him obedient to me, and no one else." She turned and faced Sevarius. "Not even you, is that understood?"

"Perfectly. I will make up the initial program and send it to you. You can review it and make any changes or additions you like." He sat down at his work station, and began to type out primary function commands.

"How long will it be until he is finally ready?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.