Gamma Mutants - Cover

Gamma Mutants

Copyright© 2007 by Cylis Derrens

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Long ago there was a world with people not unlike our own. Using technology they sought to master their destiny and the world around them. After a series of wars the many nations of this planet made peace focusing their collective knowledge on improving technology that they used in everyday life.

The byproduct of these technological advancements was pollution which destroyed the ozone layer as well as damaging the environment. As the deadly rays of radiation began to affect their planet three microorganisms believed to be merely a nuisance joined together and infected a large number of the population.

Using their advanced medicine the people of this distant world fought this outbreak and began to eradicate it. To save themselves these viruses formed yet another symbiotic relationship this time with the unborn fetuses of those that sought to destroy them.

Adding their DNA to this emerging generation they aided the already existent immune systems to hunt down and destroy any foreign matter that might harm their hosts. Reflexes, senses, strength and healing ability were improved as well further distinguishing their hosts. From this mutation a new race was born and was an improvement on the old.

Feeling a greater connection to the environment the Quini, as they called themselves tried to turn their parents from their chosen path of self-destruction. This venture proved unsuccessful and the radiation entering through their atmosphere only increased beginning the second mutation. The children of the Quini who were affected by what was then gamma radiation proved far more hardier than their parents or grandparents.

Unfortunately for the parent race of the Quini and the Gamma Mutants, the later of the two new races did not feel a strong connection with the original inhabitants and gave them an ultimatum: If they did not give up their technology which was destroying their shared planet then the Gamma Mutants would rise up against them.

Foolishly the parent race of the two mutant races refused and prepared for battle.

War had broken out immediately after the Dafi had refused to listen to the ultimatum of the Gamma Mutants and their allies.

Taking arms against them there was an armed revolt as the new generation brought forth their army. Nerem Tu, a young captain had been given command over a unit and was the first into battle.

It was a spring day Nerem breathed in the morning air looking at the trees that were already dieing in this part of the forest.

Looking at them he felt a surge of anger swell through him. As a child he had walked through this grove of trees and he had them green and healthy.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.