Surviving 3 - Cover

Surviving 3

Copyright© 2007 by Scotland-the-Brave

Chapter 11: Revelation

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 11: Revelation - Scott mac Fergus rides again! God help the Norsemen and the English - and any desirable women he comes across!

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Romantic   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Anal Sex  

Gabrain moved four thousand men from Dalriada into Giric's sub-Kingdom of Atholl as an assurance that he would leave Scotland as agreed. Lachlan moved an equal number of troops from Ayrshire into Strathclyde to oversee Eochaid's departure. Scott ordered more of his Fife levies to now take control of the remainder of the sub-Kingdom of Strathearn.

The friends between them now controlled four out of the seven original sub-Kingdoms of Scotland and in addition held Strathclyde, Ayrshire and Galloway. Acting as High King, he had elevated Lachlan to control Ayrshire, having given Strathclyde to his son David. He also awarded Strathearn to his son, Crinan and Giric's Atholl was given to Gabrain's youngest son, baby Kenneth.

Scott had decided he wished his coronation as High King to take place on beautiful little Iona. He had made arrangements with the Abbot there and the Stone of Destiny was transported for the occasion.

His first act after the council meeting in which Giric and Eochaid stepped down however, was to confirm the numbers of men Domnaill, Constantine and Donald would commit to a campaign. He then raised a combined force of eight thousand Fife and Dalriada men to add to these.

With a host of almost fourteen thousand men, Scott marched north to quell the worst of the Viking raiding there. Newly built ships from Fife beat up coast too, equipped with cannon to deal with any Viking longships they encountered. Scott also took craftsmen and resources with which to begin establishing more effective defences along the north and northeastern coastlines.

In the event Scott did not have to blood his fourteen thousand men at all. Two of his new ships encountered a fleet of twenty longships of the Moray coast and attacked. In addition to the cannon, Scott had equipped them with some new weapons he had thought of. One of the most destructive of these was a very simple torpedo. This took the form of a double tube of steel filled with gunpowder and shot, the fuse cord at the front end next to a metal spike. A gap between the tow layers of the tube provided floatation.

The torpedo was fired from the cannon after the fuse had been lit and the spike rammed home into the target ship, holding the device in place until it exploded.

Scott's two ships were like foxes amongst chickens, the cannon and torpedoes claiming eight ships before the remainder turned tail and fled. Three more ships were sunk before Scott's two ships decided to cut the chase and remain on station close to the Scottish coast.

The land force was able to largely disperse without having struck a blow.

The fact that Scott undertook action to alleviate the Norse threat to his sub-Kings, even before he had been crowned, demonstrated to the country the kind of High King he was going to be.

With security already improved, all of Scotland's chief notables gathered at Crinan to embark on ships for Iona and Scott's coronation. The ceremony was a simple one, though Scott had added some trappings of his own to enrich the occasion.

His wives had made him a stunning tabard from bright silks, depicting the blue and white Saltire of St Andrew front and back.

An ornate crown had been fashioned, as had a golden sceptre and a pair of golden spurs.

A huge sword had also been forged, the blade decorated with etching using acids and the handle and hilt highly decorated with gold, silver and semi-precious stones.

His wives all had smaller crowns made for them and dresses of white silk, decorated with seed pearls sewn into the fabric.

Given the numbers attending the coronation it was decided the ceremony itself would be held in the open air, the summer weather being kind and favouring them with bright sunshine.

An altar had been set up and a throne incorporating the Stone of Destiny was sat in front of it. A choir chanted music as the Abbot of Iona led Scott through the assembled sub-Kings and Lords. Behind them marched Gabrain carrying Scott's crown on a silk cushion, Lachlan carrying the mighty sword and David carrying the golden sceptre and spurs, also on a silk cushion.

Scott eyed the ornate black Stone of Destiny as he neared the throne, his senses buzzing, and the fine hairs on his arms and neck standing erect. He imagined he could feel power emanating from it and was more than ever convinced that it had played some part in his time travel. The Abbot gently pushed him to sit him down on the throne and at once he could feel strength flooding into his body from the stone.

To those looking on it seemed as Scott was growing in stature and authority before their very eyes. None had any doubt whatsoever that this was the rightful High King of Scotland.

Scott's wives were now led in and took their place on either side of the throne; Fiona carrying Tina and Eilean young James. Scott stood briefly to kiss each of them.

A seannachie now stepped forward and called for silence. He rehearsed Scott's predecessors as High King and ended by pronouncing that here before them was Scott mac Fergus, henceforth to be known as Scott I, Ard Ri of all Scotland.

Once the seannachie had finished speaking Gabrain stepped forward and lowered the crown onto Scott's head. Lachlan followed his friend and placed the sword in Scott's right hand. It was testament to Scott's strength, perhaps bolstered by the power he felt from the stone, that he was able to hold the sword upright one-handed. Scott's son David stepped forward and placed the golden sceptre into Scott's left hand and then knelt to fasten the gold spurs to his boots.

The Abbot now stepped forward and completed the ceremony, anointing Scott with holy oils and announcing him as chosen by god to lead the proud nation of Scotland. At last the Abbot finished his ministrations and stepped back, bowing to Scott as he did so.

"God save the King! Alba gu Brath!" Shouted Gabrain and immediately the entire assembly joined in to echo his words.

Scott let the clamour continue for some minutes before beckoning Lachlan and David forward to relieve him of the sword and the sceptre. These were now placed on the altar behind Scott's throne. Scott stood and called for quiet.

"My friends you do me great honour.

"I am now Scott I, High King of Scots, and I fully recognise the responsibility I now carry.

"Before you all I swear an oath that I will seek to succour every man, woman and child in the Kingdom.

"I will not shrink from my duty to ensure all are protected.

"But I promise you more than that. I promise to bring greater prosperity for all too.

"I promise better food, better housing, a better standard of life.

"I promise education and better health for our nation.

"And I promise strength. Strength to defeat our enemies, strength to support and defend our friends and allies.

"I love this country dearly. I'm proud to be a Scot and would give me life's blood to protect and advance our cause. But I know you all feel the same and I promise to recognise that by putting in place government that gives all of you a say in how things will be, a right to be involved in decisions that affect you, a greater personal stake in our country.

"Today I announce that there shall be three new and large additions to our country - Strathclyde, Ayrshire and Galloway. Together these will almost double Scotland's size and already they produce enough food and other resources to feed the entire country.

"As part of merging these into our country I will change the style of their Lords from that of sub-King to Earl.

"Step forward Gabrain. As Gabrain stepped forward a man marched in from the right carry a golden belt and handed it to Scott.

"I name you Gabrain, first Earl of Dalriada. Scott fastened the golden belt around his friend and clasped his arm.

"Step forward Domnaill. Another golden belt was produced.

"I name you Domnaill, first Earl of Buchan and Mar.

Scott repeated this process, investing Constantine as first Earl of Fortrenn, Donald as first Earl of Angus and the Mearns, David as first Earl of Strathclyde, Crinan as first Earl of Strathearn, Lachlan as first Earl of Ayrshire, young Scott as first Earl of Galloway and finally baby Kenneth as first Earl of Atholl.

Of course the golden belts were too big for the boys and the baby, but Scott ceremonially held them round each before handing them to the recipient or the one holding them.

"I have other announcements to make before taking the oaths of fealty.

"I establish an office of Chamberlain of Scotland and appoint to that office Gabrain, Earl of Dalriada. Henceforth he will be my chief advisor on all matters of state and government. Scott now took the sceptre and placed it in Gabrain's hands.

"I establish an office of High Constable of Scotland and appoint to that office Lachlan, first Earl of Ayrshire. Henceforth he shall be my chief advisor on all matters of infantry and security. Scott took the mighty sword from the altar and placed it in Lachlan's hands.

"I establish an office of Admiral of Scotland and appoint David, first Earl of Strathclyde in that office. Henceforth he shall be my chief advisor on all matters pertaining to the defence of Scotland's seas.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.