Return From The Dark Side - Cover

Return From The Dark Side

Copyright© 2007 by Argon

Chapter 25: Pick-up

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 25: Pick-up - Henry Ruiz-Costa is an out-of-luck mercenary and hit man. When he rescues Josie Maxwell, he thinks that his life has taken a turn for the better. Yet Josie has her own personal demons. So has beautiful Ellen Winthorp, Henry's childhood sweetheart. Watch their struggles as they bring their lives back on track and find love. Revised 12/2013.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Restart   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Voyeurism  

It was two weeks later and Henry was feeling antsy. The daily conversations with Josie did not help at all. If anything he felt more alone after they signed off. The knowledge that Josie now carried their child made his feelings of loneliness even more acute.

Josie had told him that they were conducting the final negotiations with the labour unions and the pension fund people and that she expected to be finished by the next weekend. Ten more days! Could he wait that long?

It also occurred to him that he had never seen Josie at work. Work was in Atlanta, where dared not to go. Now, he could. He had left no traces or leads, neither in that hideout nor in the Maxwell mansion. There was nothing to tie him to the triple killings.

On the next morning, at breakfast, he broached the subject.

"Listen up, girls. I want to go to Atlanta. I want to pick up Josie to bring her home. Could you manage without me for a few days? You would have to listen to Milena and Chris. Would that be all right?"

The twins looked at him with gaping mouths.

"Harry, are you crazy?" Pat gasped.

"It's not a problem, Pat. I swear."

"But what if..." Pat did not dare to finish, but Henry understood anyway.

"Trust me, Pat. It's all right and safe."

"How long will you be gone?" Tammy asked.

Her voice showed her apprehension. So shortly after her mother's death, she was very insecure and she stayed near Henry as much as she could.

"A few days. Maybe four or five."

A thought struck him. Tammy had a new passport. Her class was on a trip anyway. It was a trip that had been arranged before she came to live with Henry, so she could not go with the rest of her class.

"Tammy, would you like to come along? I'm sure I could arrange it with Mrs. Leitch."

"To America?"

"Yes. Why not? We'll surprise Josie and Ellen. What do you say?"

Tammy just nodded silently, too surprised to speak.

"That's not fair," Megan groused.

"What? Since when do you want to go to Atlanta?" Henry answered with a grin. "Don't worry! I'll be back next Monday. I just have to do this and Tammy has never been to America."

"Okay, okay," Pat laughed. "You do your father-daughter bonding thing. We'll do just fine. Besides, we've got invitations anyway."

That was true. Ludmilla, their rowing partner, was turning seventeen. She was throwing a big party. Henry started to admonish them to stay away from alcohol and 'other stuff' when Milena held up her hands.

"We know, Henry! You've told them twice already. Give them some credit."

Henry grinned. She was right. He was being over-protective.

"Okay, okay. But you're not riding your bicycles back home in the middle of the night!"

"I'll pick them up, Henry. I promise," Milena assured him. "I'll stay up and drive over when they call."

The travel agent could not get tickets for coach, but he could snare a special price for two business class seats on a Delta flight. It was for the next morning and Henry sent Tammy packing immediately.

Chris drove them to Heathrow at 1 p.m. Tammy was terribly nervous. It was her first experience with air travel. She fretted over every little delay during the check-in and the security checks. They made the departure lounge with thirty minutes to spare.

They received some odd stares from other passengers once they sat in their seats. Tammy held on tightly to Henry's arm during the preparations and Henry had an idea what people might think about a middle-aged man with a teenager clinging to his arm. The stares stopped when the stewardess referred to Tammy as 'your daughter, Sir' whilst serving the pre-flight refreshments.

The take-off was the worst. Henry almost winced when Tammy's fingernails dug into his lower arm as she tensed up. Once they were in the air, the pilot had to perform two sharp turns and Tammy held her breath. Henry did his best to calm her. She finally relaxed a little when the plane levelled out at cruising altitude and the noise of the engines faded.

After the in-flight lunch, Henry fully expected Tammy to indulge in the onboard entertainment offerings. He was in for a surprise. In a quiet tone, Tammy asked him to tell her about the real story of how he met Josie and the twins. She had picked up bits and pieces from the conversations between Henry and the twins and she questioned the 'official' version of how Henry had first met Josie during a barbecue at High Matcham.

"I'm not sure I want to saddle you with that sort of a story, Tammy. You're only fourteen."

"Pat and Meg were even younger then," Tammy argued. "You're my father and I know nothing of your life."

"Pat and Megan were directly involved. There was nothing I could do."

"I'm involved too. You're my father. I need to know what you did. How can I trust you when there is this big secret surrounding you. I mean, I know you can't be a real bad guy, because Pat and Megan wouldn't moon over you all the time if you were. But it's not fair that they know about you and I don't."

Thus it came that Henry told his daughter his life's story. Right from the beginning, when Ted Winthorp had very nearly killed him. It took the better part of four hours, for Tammy frequently asked questions or wanted more details.

In the end he told her about his service in Iraq, his involvement with Firouze and the final shoot-out. He told her about the roles of Ellen and Josie in his life. When he felt that he had covered everything, he looked into Tammy's face, half expecting her to show fear and disgust. What he saw instead was adoration.

"I'm glad you told me all this, Dad!" she said sincerely. "I knew there had to be more to you and Josie than this lame story you have spread." She laughed shortly. "To think that Tommy Berkov dissed you! He'll never know how lucky he was!"

"He's just a boy, Tammy. I've never killed an unarmed person except for Josie's husband, and I won't kill another human if I can help it at all."

Tammy pulled his arm over her shoulders and snuggled against his chest.

"But you'll always protect me, won't you?"

"Always, Tammy," he promised, slightly overwhelmed by this display of trust.


Once they arrived in Atlanta, Henry passed through immigration with confidence. The INS officer barely looked at him. Tammy received some more attention, but merely because she was a pretty teenager.

From his previous stays Henry knew his way around the airport and around Atlanta. At the car rental he picked a Grand Cherokee and soon they were on their way to downtown. His plan was to appear in the lobby of the Maxistores' corporate headquarters and ask for Josie.

They parked in the big parking lot in a bay marked 'Visitors' and walked around the building. The receptionist looked up when they entered.

"Good day, Sir. How can I help you?"

"Ah, yes, please let Mrs. Maxwell know I'm here. Henry Ruiz-Costa is my name."

"Do you have an appointment, Sir?" she asked mechanically.

"I'm her fiancé."

She looked at him dubiously but she picked up the telephone and punched a number.

"Mrs. Mulland, this is Elsie at the reception. There is a Mr. Henry Ruiz-Costa who wants to speak to Mrs. Maxwell. He says, he's her fiancé."... "No, I haven't."... "Yes, of course!" She ended the call. "Sir, Mrs. Mulland will be down presently."

"Thank you, Elsie!" Henry smiled winningly.

It was easy to smile because Elsie was a very good looking African American lady of perhaps twenty-five years. The diamond ring on her hand showed that he was not the first man who found her attractive.

They turned when a lift opened and a matronly woman stepped from it.

"Elisa Mulland, Mr. Ruiz-Costa. So nice to finally meet you."

"Enchanted, Mrs. Mulland!" Henry assured her. "Please meet my daughter Tamara."

"Welcome to Atlanta, Miss Ruiz-Costa."

"Thank you, Mrs. Mulland," Tammy answered nicely.

"Please, this way to the elevator," the secretary offered.

A 'ping' sounded when the elevator reached the fifth floor and they stepped out. Henry looked around curiously. Mrs. Mulland's desk was standing in a large reception area that made up almost a quarter of the 5th storey. To the right, he could see a conference room with glass wall panels. On the left, a two-winged door opened into a plush office. A worried looking Josie stood in that door with her hands on her hips.

Henry stepped up to her and took her into his arms. She relaxed only slightly and her lips were not as welcoming as he'd expected them to be. Tammy received a warmer welcome, a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Then, Josie's look focussed on Henry again and her voice showed the effort with which she maintained her outward calmness.

"Tammy, be a dear and wait with Mrs. Mulland for a minute," she said.

Tammy raised an eyebrow and smirked at Henry before she returned to the large desk. Josie pushed Henry into her office and closed the door before she faced him.

"What the hell were you thinking coming here? Are you completely out of your mind? Do you think I want to wait twenty years for you to get out of the slammer?"

"Sshh, Josie, it's all right, really. I checked. I can explain. There are no prints or other traces they have of me. It's safe."

"How can you know that?"

"I have a contact in the CIA. Larry used to work for them under a different name. They have access to all files. My man told me that there is nothing they can use against me or anybody else."

"How can you be so sure? What if your CIA man was lying?"

"He owes me his life. He wouldn't lie to me. We don't have to worry anymore, Josie."

"Says you!"

"Josie, aren't you happy to see me?"

He could tell what her first impulse was, but she checked herself and inhaled deeply. Shaking her head then she stepped close and hugged him.

"I'm always happy to see you. But I'm scared. Damnit, Henry, I love you! I couldn't stand losing you. I'm carrying our baby. Couldn't you give me some warning? I thought I'd have a heart attack when Elisa told me you were standing at the reception."

Henry made a face. Perhaps it had been a bad idea to surprise Josie with his visit.

"I'm sorry. I just thought I'd surprise you. I thought you'd be happy."

Josie took another deep breath. "I am happy to hold you like this. I'm sorry I overreacted. Henry, is there a reason why you came?"

"I ... I missed you."

"You missed me? I'll return next weekend!"

"Yes, but still, I couldn't wait. I ... wanted to pick you up. And I thought, you know, I've never seen you at work. That's an important side of you and I never had a chance to watch you. How can I truly appreciate what you achieved if I've never seen you in action?"

Josie stared at him for a few seconds. "I always thought you hated what I did?"

He shook his head. "I hated what it did to you, Josie. I hated that it took your soul. At least that's how I saw it. Even that was probably just jelousy."

Josie's face softened. "You know, that's very sweet." Then she checked herself. "Henry, let's call in Tammy. She must be as worried as hell by now."

She went to the door and opened it. "Hey Tammy, want to come in now?"

They could tell that Tammy was worried, but she sensed the change in the atmosphere immediately and relaxed. Josie closed the office door behind her.

"Your father scared me showing up like this. I thought he hated coming here."

"Tammy knows everything, darling. I had to tell her. She had guessed a lot of it anyway."

Josie took another deep breath. This was a day of surprises. She faced Tammy.

"Does that change anything between us?" she asked the girl and Tammy just shook her head.

"Good. So, what are your plans?"

"I thought we'd spend some time with you and I also wanted to show Tammy the sights."

"Okay, let's see. I need another hour here to finish. Then we can drive home to my apartment. I have to call Ellen first. I don't want you to surprise her."

"How is she?"

"Cloud nine? Somewhere around cloud nine anyway. We had a lot of time to talk over the last weeks and it really helped us. It was also fun to take her shopping. You have a surprise coming, Henry."

"A good one?"

"A beautiful one," Josie grinned. "How did you come here by the way?"

"Rented wheels," Henry answered. "A Cherokee."

"Okay, I'll warn my security detail about you. Can't have them tackle my man."

"I have Tammy for protection," Henry grinned. "Chris says she is really good at this Wing Chun stuff. Is there a Starbucks in the vicinity? Tammy and I can go and have a Cappucino and let you finish work."

"Turn left when you exit the building, then two blocks along the street."

"Okay, we'll split. See you in an hour," Henry said standing up.

"Whoa, wait!" Josie stopped him. "I did not greet you properly yet."

The greeting lasted two minutes. It left them breathless and Tammy with a deep blush.

"Are you guys okay again?" Tammy asked as they walked down the street to the coffee shop.

"Yes, no worries. She was just a bit scared because she did not know what this man told me last month, you know, that there is no evidence to tie me to anything here."

Tammy nodded wisely. "You should have told her."

"Don't I know this now!"


When they returned to Josie's office a little over an hour later, Josie was already loading a pile of papers on Mrs. Mulland's desk.

"Let Mr. Halberd see these tomorrow, please. I'm leaving now and I may come in later tomorrow."

"You'll be meeting the union people tomorrow at one, Mrs. Maxwell."

"Yes, I know. I will not be that late," Josie laughed. "Can you order some sandwiches and such? If they get something to eat they'll be easier to handle."

"I'll see to it. Have a nice evening!"

"Thanks, Elisa, you, too!"

They left the building and Josie made a point to put her arm around Henry's waist as they walked to the parking lot.

"Follow the silver Impala, Henry! They're my security."

"Doing a front tail, aren't they?" Henry grinned. When he pulled from the parking lot, he detected something in the rearview mirror. "Are we supposed to have a second tail?"

"Yes, don't worry. These people are thorough. Still, I can't wait to dispense with this."

Ellen was waiting for them in Josie's apartment and she and Henry hugged for what seemed minutes. With the help of Josie's maid, Ellen had readied a guest room for Tammy whilst Henry was ushered into the master bedroom.

He found the apartment strange. It wasn't so much the lack of furniture or wall decorations, but there was no personal touch. It looked like a hotel suite, well maintained but exchangeable. Josie noticed his looks.

"This is just a place to sleep for me, it always was. My home will be with you."

This time, when he took her into his arms, she melted into him.

"Tonight!" she promised with a grin. Then she stepped back. "So, you want to see me at work? Did you bring a suit?"

"Yes, why?"

"You can sit in during the meeting with the union people tomorrow. Just hold on to a laptop and look important. Nobody will question your presence."

"You're sure?"

"Oh yes! We can even fix Tammy with a black pant suit and horn-rimmed glasses, and she'll fit in!"

Josie was grinning openly, like a teenager planning a prank.

"We'll have to ask her. I don't know whether she'll fancy sitting in on a business meeting."

When they'd all had a chance to freshen up, Josie took them out for dinner. They went to a very hip place that served Indonesian food. They enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Henry stole glances at Ellen all the time. She had changed. She seemed taller. Or rather, she held herself erect. The clothes she now wore were really becoming. The shoulder-free dress accentuated her graceful shoulders and her feminine form far more than her usual riding pants and tweed jackets. Something had also been done to her hair. It fell perfectly and it shone like spun gold in the spotlights.

Josie noticed his looks and grinned smugly. "How do you like the new Ellen?" she asked.

Ellen blushed but looked at him.

"You look radiant and beautiful, Ellen. You should dress like this more often."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.