Intemperance, Volume 2 - Standing On Top - Cover

Intemperance, Volume 2 - Standing On Top

Copyright© 2006 by Al Steiner

Chapter 2b

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 2b - The continuing adventures of Jake Kingsley, Matt Tisdale, Nerdly Archer, and the other members of the rock band Intemperance. Now that they are big successes, pulling in millions of dollars and known everywhere as the band that knows how to rock, how will they handle their success? This is not a stand-alone novel. If you haven't read the first Intemperance you will not know what is going on in this one.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Cheating  

The session went reasonably well. The first two hours was spent taking their instruments out of storage cases, cleaning them up, plugging them into the sound system, and tuning everything. The instruments were not the same ones they used on stage. Jake used a top-of-the-line Brogan Les Paul knock-off because its components were superior and it recorded better. Matt used a newer version of the Fender Stratocaster. Darren had a different version of the same Brogan bass guitar. Coop had a different, though identical drum set. Nerdly had an electric piano instead of the Grand he normally used.

After getting everything tuned in and sounding good they then went through the ritual of smoking marijuana out of a water bong. Though there was a long-standing rule about using intoxicants of any kind prior to performing or rehearsing, this rule did not apply to jam sessions when they composed new music. They had found that being stoned during the composition phase actually seemed to help with their creativity.

Matt introduced them to his first new song first. It was called Can't Chain Me. Like pretty much everything Matt wrote, he had composed the main guitar riff first and then wrote the lyrics to match it after. The riff was a grinding, powerful, and complex five-chord progression that Jake and the others were immediately impressed with. They lyrics were quite good as well, dealing with how various people — women, managers, record company executives — tried to control Matt and how he refused to be controlled. It was a more mature version of a typical Matt Tisdale tune and Jake was already thinking that it might just be the title cut of the next album.

They worked on it for almost three hours without a break, refining the rhythm, finding ways to insert the piano and Jake's backing guitar, learning the lyrics and composing when the harmony of the rest of the band would come in. Since this was a subject that Jake could relate to well he had no problem finding and conveying the emotion of the lyrics as he sang them, of getting across exactly what Matt was trying to say.

"Off to a good start," Matt said as they smoked a few more bonghits during their break.

"I agree," said Darren, who, to the surprise and delight of the others, had taken an active and enthusiastic approach to the composition process in a way they hadn't seen since back in their D Street West days.

After the break Jake introduced them to his first effort, the song he thought of as the best of the three he'd composed so far. It was called Cold Reality, a song about how the things you've always dreamed of and anticipated always seemed to be less than expected, sometimes even evil, when you achieved them. Jake wrote his songs by composing the lyrics while strumming out a basic rhythm on his acoustic guitar. In this case — much to Darren's chagrin — he envisioned multiple tempo changes. The main verses would be played with a ballad-like air, heavy on acoustic guitar sound and piano with only supporting solo-chords from Matt's electric. The choruses would be a bit heavier, with Matt doing a distorted electric version of the main riff while Jake played a little heavier acoustic. The bridges, on the other hand — and there were two of them — would be played in classic heavy metal with two grinding distorted electrics and no piano at all.

The complexity of the song meant that they were only able to get the very basics of it settled in the three hours they worked on it. Darren grumbled about the fucking tempo changes, of course, but seemed to remain good-natured about them. Everyone else really liked the tune and was enthusiastic about working it up. The suggestions flew back and forth as to just how fast the tempo should be at each point and how dominant each backing instrument should be put across. Matt, Bill, and Jake, as was usually the case, were the ones to make most of the suggestions.

Before they left for the day Matt plugged back in and showed them the new heavy palm-muted riff he was working on. Heavy turned out to be just the word for it. It sounded nothing like Kirk Hammett's work on Master Of Puppets — Matt, as promised, had adapted the technique and changed it to his own style — but Jake continued to have his doubts about it.

"You got lyrics to go with that yet?" he asked Matt.

"Not yet," Matt replied. "I'm still working on the basic riff. I can pull some lyrics out of my ass later. What do you think?"

"It doesn't quite sound like an Intemperance riff," Jake said.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Matt asked.

"Well... where are we gonna fit Nerdly's piano in with that riff? I don't think it will mix well."

"That's true," Bill said. "It's too fast of a tempo for a piano to keep up. And a riff like that needs to be the domineering sound on the recording, just like Metallica does it. My piano would just be lost in the noise. I don't see any way to mix it in."

Matt grumbled and even threw out some profanity, but he was musician enough to know that Jake and Bill were right. There was no way to mix a piano in with a heavy palm-muted riff without it sounding like shit. "I'll work on it some more," he said. "Maybe I can find a way to slow it down some."

And that ended their first session.

"See you all tomorrow," Matt told them as they headed for the door. "Same time, same fuckin' channel."

They went out to the parking lot where a limo from Buxfield Limousines was waiting to take Coop and Darren home. Jake had his Corvette and Bill had a brand new Ford Escort he'd bought shortly after coming off tour ("It's practical, economical, and environmentally friendly," he'd explained when Matt had called him a fuckin' faggot for buying such a pussy car). Matt had a new car he'd just purchased the week before. It was a silver 1987 Maserati Biturbo that he'd paid $75,000 cash for. It was obvious that he loved the car almost as much as he loved his Strat.

"Anyone wanna grab some dinner?" Jake asked.

"Not me," said Matt. "I've got some bitches coming over tonight and I'm gonna have a little orgy."

"How about you, Nerdly?" Jake asked.

"Maybe tomorrow," Bill replied. "I'm going to go take a shower and then head over to the Flamingo. I feel the need to engage in some meaningless fornication. You gonna come tonight?"

"Naw," Jake said, "I'm still a little burned on the meaningless fornication after the tour."

"That didn't stop you from pounding that little punk rock chick in New York," Matt said.

"I didn't say I was stopping anything," Jake said. "I just said I'm not up for it tonight. I'll see you guys."

They said their goodbyes and Jake climbed into his car. He headed toward a little restaurant he'd discovered last year while rehearsing the Balance Of Power tunes.


The Brannigan Station Café was on Wilshire Boulevard at Gayley Avenue in the Los Angeles district of Westwood. It was just a few blocks south of the sprawling UCLA campus but the UCLA students rarely patronized the establishment. Instead, the target clientele were workers from the huge Veterans Administration complex just across the San Diego Freeway and from the Federal Building just two blocks west. Both of these groups routinely trooped to Brannigan Station for breakfast, lunch, and, to a lesser degree, dinner as they headed home for the day.

Jake had discovered the place one day after leaving the rehearsal warehouse on nearby Olympic Boulevard in Sawtelle. He had wanted to stop for a bite to eat before heading to a bar frequented by UCLA students where picking up a nineteen year old slut willing to do anything for Jake Kingsley would be easy to accomplish. The restaurant was everything he looked for in an eating establishment. First of all, it was family owned and run and not a chain restaurant. Second of all, the time he tended to be there — around four o'clock in the afternoon — was the slowest time of the day for Brannigan Station since lunch had ended and dinner had yet to begin. Often he was the only customer in the place at this hour. The most significant reason — the reason that kept him coming back — was that even if there were customers in the place, they tended to be older people in their late-thirties to mid-sixties which meant that very few of them even knew who Jake Kingsley was and had no desire to talk to him if they did know who he was. It was a place where he could eat good food in peace without constantly having to make small talk with fans or sign autographs or deal with religious freaks wanting to tell him he was going to hell for his corruption of America's youth.

He pulled his Corvette into the parking lot at 4:16 PM and walked in the front door. The restaurant was completely empty of customers except for an elderly couple in their seventies — probably patrons of the VA Hospital — sitting in one of the booths near the front. They looked up as he came in, gave him a distasteful look when they saw his long hair and tattered jeans, but otherwise showed no signs of recognition.

Jo Ann Brannigan, the owner of the restaurant, was manning the hostess podium. She smiled delightfully when he walked in.

"Jake," she said, beaming, walking up to give him a hug. "Welcome back. We haven't seen you in ages."

He hugged her, feeling her large, surgery-enhanced breasts pushing into his chest. Jo Ann was quite attractive, appearing to be in her late twenties or early thirties instead of the forty-four years of age she actually was. She was an astute businesswoman who had leased the building and opened the restaurant ten years before using money from her second divorce settlement. She ran it like a well-oiled machine, taking advantage of her location and catering to her projected clientele by hiring well-schooled and well-skilled cooks and friendly, eye-pleasing but non-slutty looking waitresses and waiters. This had allowed her to be financially stable in the upper-middle class when the alimony payments and child support finally ran out.

"It's good to see you, Jo," he told her as their embrace broke. "You're looking hot, as usual."

She blushed in a way that was quite erotic. "Oh you," she said, slapping at his shoulder. "That's nice of you to say but after all those young things you hook up with out on tour I'm sure I look like a sack of old bones."

"Not at all," he said. "You look like a sack of young bones. I promise."

She giggled like a schoolgirl. "It's good to see you, Jake. You up for a little dinner?"

"Do you still have the Philly cheese steak on the menu?"

"You know it," she said. "We wouldn't get rid of our most popular item."

"Then I'm here for some dinner," he said. "You think you can squeeze me in?"

She looked around at the empty dining room. "I think a table just opened up," she said. "Go pick your spot and I'll send Rachel over to take your order. Anything to drink?"

"Corona with a lime," he said. "And keep 'em coming."

"You got it," she said.

He sat down in a booth near the back of the room, the place where he would receive the least amount of notice if a crowd suddenly showed up unexpectedly. Soon Rachel Madison, Jo Ann's daughter from her first marriage, came over carrying a bottle of Corona with a lime in it. A student majoring in English at UCLA, Rachel worked afternoons and evenings at her mother's business. She was nothing but a younger version of her mother. She was naturally blonde (so it appeared anyway), petite, quite cute, and looked considerably younger than the twenty-two years of age she actually was. She could have easily passed for a high school student had she wished. She was wearing the standard uniform of Brannigan's waitresses — a simple pair of tight jeans and a bright red T-shirt that was tucked into the waist. Her medium breasts bulged quite alluring beneath the restaurant's logo.

"Hi, Jake," she said, setting his beer down on the table. She then leaned down and gave him a big hug, pushing those breasts into his shoulder, and a short kiss on his cheek. "It's good to have you back. I was starting to think we'd never see you again."

"I just couldn't stay away," Jake said. "Ever since the tour ended I've been craving a good Philly cheese steak sandwich and a gander of you in your Brannigan's T-shirt."

She blushed in a manner very similar to the way her mother had just minutes before.

"How was the tour?" she asked. "I saw what happened in Cincinnati. What a horrible place that must be."

"I don't think I'll be moving there anytime soon," Jake said. "The freakin' villagers would probably show up at my house with battering rams and torches."

She giggled. "I saw on the news the other day that the judge dismissed the charges against you. At least someone there has some sense."

"I'm sure he didn't like dismissing the charges," Jake said. "He just knew that the first court I appealed to would overturn him and probably issue a reprimand."

"So the system works?" she asked.

"Well, I've been arrested three times now for a variety of charges and so far... yes, I'll have to say that the system works. At least if you're rich and have expensive lawyers like I do."

"Justice for money," she said with a smile. "What can you say? We all know it's the American way."

He laughed. "Styx," he said, impressed with her musical knowledge of an obscure tune and her ability to quote it in correct context. "Half-Penny, Two-Penny. A good lyric."

"Not as good as yours are," she said. "You never did tell me if you really did it or not."

"Did what?" he asked, although he knew what she was talking about.

"You know? Did you really snort coke out of that girl's butt?"

"That would be a total violation of the health code if I'd done something like that," he said.

She slapped at his shoulder again. "You," she said. "I bet you actually did it. You seem all nice and sweet but I bet you have a wild side."

"I'll have to plead the Fifth here, hon," he told her. "That's what my lawyers suggested."

"Someday you'll tell me," she vowed. "So anyway, what can I get you? Mom already said you want the Philly. Anything with it? You want a salad or some soup maybe?"

"Naw," he said, "just the sandwich. That'll hold me until I get to my next coke sniffing from the butt-crack session."

She disappeared long enough for Jake to drink a third of his beer and light a cigarette. When she came back she had a glass of diet soda in her hands. She sat down next to him, uninvited, knowing that Jake liked chatting with her when he was in.

"So how's school going?" he asked her as she sipped from her soda. "Are you taking complete and total advantage of the educational opportunities that California offers you?"

"Now you're sounding like Nerdly," she said. "But school is going okay I guess. I haven't been able to pull a full schedule this last year because I'm working here a lot in the afternoons, but I'm more than halfway to my degree."

"Good for you," he said. "You still want to be a teacher?"

"More than anything," she said.

"Follow your dreams," he told her. "That's what I did and look at where I am now."

"You're in our restaurant now," she said. "Is that where your dreams brought you?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.