Conclave Of Conspiracy
Chapter 18

Copyright© 2006 by A Strange Geek

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 18 - (This is the sequel to Amanda's Choice) The Emperor's treachery now revealed, Roquan tries to rally the other Overlords to his cause by hosting a Conclave. But will the Emperor sit idly by as plans are made against him? Meanwhile, Amanda's slave training is not quite what she expected, and even less so when the Conclave commences. And then there is the mystery behind the foreign merchant...

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Romantic   Magic   Slavery   Fiction   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   FemaleDom   Spanking   First   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

Gronnus watched with smug satisfaction as he saw Overlord Berin D'flaar leaving Trennan's quarters. Seeing that helped offset the indignation he had felt against Freya for what she had pulled on him that morning. The gall of that woman! She was trying to take over the whole show. She had no idea what greater interests were being served here. Though he realized that if he had told her, she would more likely than not try turn it around to her advantage and his detriment.

He had a short while before Roquan would deliver Amanda to him, and made good use of the time. He wandered away from the bluff and towards the gardens, where he knew the merchant would be waiting for him.

"Good day, Overlord Gronnus," said the merchant with a short bow of his head.

"Good day, Merchant Herdon," said Gronnus in a gruff voice. He wanted this conversation to be nothing but business, and conveyed that to the merchant in his tone. "The deal has been made."

"And I will deliver," Herdon said quickly. "From both you and Berin. Or rather, my contacts will. They need but the word."

"And you are sure this is free of ties from the Ne'land Clan?"

Herdon nodded once. "They are independent merchants. You will be charged far less for this transfer."

Merchants did more than simply procure goods. They also acted as couriers, movers, and deliverers. The Imperium itself sometimes employed them to move important documents and correspondence to the outlying kingdoms. But they charged a premium for such services.

Or at least the Clan-based ones did. Independent merchants undercut them in price. The Clans rarely worried about this because they were self-limiting. Without Clan resources, their volume was small.

Gronnus frowned. "Are you quite sure that Uridon will not hear of this?" he said in a low voice. "I can't imagine he would take kindly to this."

Herdon smiled. "No, your Lordship, he would not."

And Herdon relished this.

He thought it ironic. His father had never really thought of his son as a "true" merchant. Yet here he was conducting a lucrative deal for transfer of goods from not one but two Overlords to another.

"Then why are you doing this?"

"The same reason you do, of course. At the Emperor's bidding."

Gronnus looked a bit askance at this, even though he already knew this was likely the answer. Soon after his second meeting with the Emperor, Gronnus had been contacted by Herdon, who had offered his resources "in the Emperor's name." Even after realizing how useful the merchant was proving to be, he still resented the fact that Z'haas did not believe the Overlord capable of procuring his own trade contacts.

"I am wary of what would happen were Uridon to discover your private dealing. I thought such things were considered unconscionable within the Clan."

No, Uridon would not be impressed with this deal, not when Herdon was undercutting his own Clan to pocket a profit for himself. The Overlord's assessment was indeed the correct one. It would be far worse if Uridon ever knew the origin of some of the goods that he was transporting. Herdon had to take great pains to conceal the nature of their origins even to his own contacts.

But it would be nothing compared to what the Clan Leader would say were he to learn from whom Herdon's marching orders came.

"Please, allow me to worry about that," Herdon said respectfully. "I assure you that I have everything in hand. It just awaits a word from you."

"I will give you that word shortly. I wish to wait until the evening, when I am sure that the deal is closed." He snorted in amusement. "Not that I am expecting any counteroffers, you understand."

Herdon smiled evenly. "Of course, your Lordship. Which leads us to the final matter. My fee."

"Yes, yes, fine. And?"

"Four thousand platinum."

Gronnus blanched. "Four thousand? Surely you don't mean that."

"I need compensation for my time and the effort involved in keeping this hidden from the Clan. And Overlord Berin's goods are..."

Gronnus made a quieting gesture with his hands, glancing about nervously.

Herdon smirked. "... of questionable legality," he completed his thought softly. "That is my price. You are still paying far less than you would were the Ne'land Clan delivering your goods, even if they were all legal."

Gronnus huffed. "Very well. Four thousand. I will have it for you in the morning."

"Very good, your Lordship. If there is anything else I can do for you... ?"

Gronnus shook his head.

"Are you quite sure? I have heard rumors that you are a hunter of some repute."

Gronnus allowed himself a small smile. "I do not get a chance to do it as much as I would like these days, and this infernal Conclave nonsense has consumed all the precious time I did have. But, yes, I am known to do well for myself."

"Your preferred weapon?"

"I used to use a longbow," Gronnus said, a hint of pride in his voice. "However, the years have caught up to me and I cannot draw one as well. I have dabbled with crossbows of late."

"Then perhaps you would allow me to procure a rather nice one for you?"

Gronnus' eyebrows rose. "You would know a good one if you saw it?"

"I am a marksman, Overlord. I would."

Gronnus looked interested. "Indeed?"

Herdon smiled. "I have a rather nice one. Very good power. A crank for easier drawing of the bow. I believe you would like it."

Gronnus scratched his chin. "How much?"

"You've given me very good business, your Lordship. I would be willing to include it as part of the price you are already paying me."

"Really?"

"I will have it brought to your quarters in a day's time. You will need to perform some minor assembly on it, as weapons of that nature cannot be transported across the Manor fully operational."

Gronnus smiled. "Very good, Herdon."

"If there is nothing else I can interest you in?"

Gronnus shook his head.

"Then our business is concluded." Herdon paused. "However..."

"Yes?"

"May I ask you a question, your Lordship? Purely for my own benefit and nothing to do with this deal."

"Yes, but get on with it, I have important matters to attend to."

"Of course. I wish only to ask... how do you expect the Conclave to go?"

Gronnus' eyes narrowed. "Did Z'haas put you up to asking me this?"

"Indeed not. He merely put me in touch with you as a contact for your goods to improve your chances. I am curious simply for my own benefit. And merchants by nature crave information."

"To sell to the highest bidder, you mean," Gronnus grumbled.

"Some do, this is true."

"It will go as the Emperor desires," Gronnus said in a low voice. "And it is what the Overlords desire as well. What they should desire, at any rate. There is little reason to change course now, Herdon. I would have said that regardless of... well, regardless of any other matters. Now, I really must go, Herdon, as I have important matters to attend to."

Gronnus turned and left without waiting to perform the customary protocol.

"Good day, Overlord Gronnus," Herdon said to the empty air with a satisfied smile.


It was rare that Vanlo received a summons to see the Overlord. Normally Roquan simply dropped by the Healer's office whenever he needed anything. A summons expressed that there was a sense of formality to this, and thus he would respond accordingly. He would make sure he concentrated his thoughts on the business at hand, and leave levity by the wayside for the moment.

Yet when he walked into the Overlord's chambers and saw not just Roquan, but Amanda as well, already with her chain back on and her wrists restrained in preparation to be brought to another Overlord of the Conclave, a worried look crossed his eyes. His gaze darted over the girl's body, looking for any sign of injury or contusion that might be the reason for which he had been summoned.

"You wished to see me, your Lordship?" Vanlo said, turning his gaze to the Overlord and clasping his hands behind his back.

"Yes, Vanlo, I need to discuss a point of policy with you," Roquan rumbled.

Vanlo's eyes briefly darted back to Amanda. He admitted to having a soft spot for the girl. He so wished she might take up an interest in Healing. He would not mind having the energetic Amanda as his assistant to replace the wayward Yanna. His concerns for her were such he could not contain himself. "Then I trust my reason for being here has nothing to do with Amanda's health?"

Amanda looked up an Vanlo and saw the Healer give her a small, gentle smile. She found herself smiling in return at his concern.

"Not at all. And I would like to keep it that way."

"Oh?"

"Overlord Freya D'yros procured some Naiduna from you I believe."

"Quite right, your Lordship," Vanlo answered. "Very early in the morning. She was waiting for me when I arrived."

"I wish you to clear any future requests for salves from the Overlords with me."

Vanlo paused. That was most definitely not standard protocol for a Conclave. It was traditional to give the Overlords whatever they wished without hesitation. Yet the look that Roquan gave him was significant. It brooked no argument whatsoever.

"As you wish, your Lordship," Vanlo said.

Roquan knew that he did not need to explain anything to his Healer. Vanlo would obey the order without question. But he felt he owed the man a little more. "I am wary of some of the actions of the other Overlords, Vanlo. I wish to insure that they do not take things further than I wish with some of my slaves."

This was the first time Amanda had a direct experience with Roquan's protectiveness of his slaves. She was a bit stunned by it. Furthermore, he was making his thoughts about the Overlords known right in front of her, even after having become angry with her earlier for making him admit such a thing.

Or perhaps that was the difference. Before, she had forced his hand. Here, it was his choice. She understood the Overlord a little better now.

Vanlo was intelligent enough to understand what the Overlord was really saying. It was not everyone that he found suspicious. "In the interest of efficiency, your Lordship," Vanlo began slowly. "May I suggest you give permission to accept requests from Masters Rennis and Doran?"

Roquan nodded. Yes, they did understand each other. "Granted. Oh, and Vanlo?"

"Yes?"

"Have you... sensed anything in other capacities?"

Vanlo understood. "Ah, no, your Lordship. It has been quiet in that area, I am pleased to report."

"Very good."

Amanda was curious about that. Obviously this was something that Roquan did not want her to hear for whatever reason.

Amanda was already experiencing a dilemma. She knew what she had been told about loyalty and "forgetting" what others said in her company. Yet it was an unfortunate trick of the human mind that the more one attempted to forget about something, the more it tended to replay itself. Such was the case with the meeting between the two Overlords in Trennan's quarters.

She knew she simply had to avoid discussing it with anyone. She could do that. Yet she had the feeling that she was doing something wrong by even entertaining it in her head in the first place.

"Is there anything else I may do for you, your Lordship?" Vanlo asked. He knew that planning the Conclave had been taxing on Roquan, and it was obvious just looking at the Overlord's tired face that it was even more so now.

"No, Vanlo, not at the moment. It is hoped that I will have things in hand fairly shortly."

Vanlo nodded at this, though he noticed the lack of conviction in Roquan's voice. "If you are concerned about Amanda's condition after the Presenting is over, I will be more than happy to examine her."

Amanda did not feel any apprehension at this. She knew the Healer enough to know that his examination would be nothing but professional.

"I will likely do that. I do not know when this will be."

Amanda glanced up at Roquan when she heard this.

"Oh? The Presenting will continue?"

"Very likely. I have no lack of requests for her from the others."

Amanda sighed through her nose lightly. She should have realized this would happen. She seemed to have nothing but bad luck lately.

"I consider it a learning experience for her," Roquan commented.

Amanda could easily take issue with that, but said nothing.

"I will be at your service when you need me, your Lordship," Vanlo said. He bowed his head and quietly left.

Roquan turned to Amanda. "Trennan was pleased with you, I am given to understand."

"Yes, master."

"Very good. It was important to make a good impression on him. Now, I need to bring you to Gronnus. It is imperative that you maintain your good behavior."

"I'll try, master."

"Do not try, Amanda. Simply do it."

Amanda took a deep breath and let it go. "Yes, master."

Roquan gave the chain a snap, much lighter this time than the one he had given her earlier, and they set about their way.


Overlord Doran D'jorus was growing increasing frustrated.

Three Overlords now! Three that he was sure he would sway at least enough to consider rallying under Roquan's banner, and every last one hemmed and hawed and would give him nothing in the way of even a hint of consideration. And he knew exactly who he had to blame for it.

Damn that Gronnus! The overbearing fool was far more resourceful than Doran gave him credit. And damn Roquan for making him doubt that dealing was the only way to go. Perhaps if he had wasted less time on convincing Overlords on the merits of the arguments, he could have started putting out feelers for more deals.

Now as Doran looked out from the gazebo, he saw Roquan with Amanda before him as they headed down the path towards the cluster of Overlords' quarters. Who wanted her now?

He quickly left the structure and jogged around to the path in order to catch up with them. He paused and hung back when he saw Gronnus come up to meet Roquan. Roquan stopped, and it appeared some words were exchanged. Finally, the end of the chain was given to Gronnus.

Doran wrinkled his nose. Somehow the idea of that particular Overlord having sex with that particular fourteen-year-old slave was perverted to him.

As soon as Gronnus had snapped the chain and directed Amanda away, Doran rushed to close the gap with Roquan. Roquan turned just as Doran approached. "Good morning, Doran."

Doran stopped before Roquan, but paused to watch Gronnus and Amanda. Gronnus opened the door to his quarters, and at that point it appeared that Amanda had taken a single step and then paused, forcing Gronnus to snap the chain to get her to move. After the door closed, he noticed that the shades were drawn over the window.

"Well, it's morning, don't know how good it is," Doran grumbled.

Roquan sighed. "What is it now?"

Doran waved a dismissive hand. No sense in worrying Roquan about this yet. "Pay me no mind. It's nothing. So how did it go with Amanda and Trennan?"

"It went well. Trennan appeared pleased with her."

Doran nodded absently. "Perhaps that will clinch it."

"Did we not already have the deal sown up?" Roquan asked warily.

"We did, but I spotted Berin entering Trennan's quarters sometime after Amanda went in."

"And is this a problem?"

"Maybe." Doran snorted. "Berin is practically Gronnus' lackey anymore."

"So what could he do to affect the deal?"

"I don't know. He hardly has anything of his own to offer. Unless Gronnus gave him something like I gave you the wine."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.