The Gift Book II - Cover

The Gift Book II

Copyright© 2006 by Volentrin

Chapter 8

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 8 - The story picks up shortly after Tom after the end of book I, and has finished helicopter training in his alternate Identity. Follow along as big changes happen!

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Science Fiction   Time Travel  

I went all out for the meal I was going to make for the Bannermans. I had decided on smoked Virginia ham, sweet potatoes, and fresh cooked green beans. For dessert, a nice pineapple upside down cake would be perfect.

I would be having ham as leftovers for some time to come. I grinned at the thought. It was probably going to be the best meal ever presented in the town and surrounding camps, since the place started. There was milk for the children, and coffee for the adults, too.

To accomplish all this, I went back to my modern day home, and cooked. I carefully and happily made the meal. While I was not a chef, or anything like that, Mom had made sure I knew how to cook and fend for myself in the kitchen. Bless her.

Everything was perfect. As an item was finished, I found an appropriate cover for it, and placed it in the 'between', ready for use. I had long since found that the 'between' was not only a perfect insulator, but also that no time would pass for any item stored there.

Dinner, Friday evening, was a success. Everyone ooh'd and ahh'd at the ham, and sweet potatoes. The kids turned up their noses at the cut green beans, but their mom and dad were adamant that they eat everything. The biggest hits were the fresh cold milk, and the pineapple upside down cake!

"I have to know how you made this cake. I have never had its like before!" Beth exclaimed once we were finished.

"I have to say, this was definitely one of the best meals I have had in a good long while, Sorry, Beth," Arthur spoke the last to his wife.

"No apology needed, Arthur. It was one of the best meals I have ever had, too! Milk for the kids, this divine cake... and I know you didn't cook the ham or this cake on this little stove, Ben," Beth said, throwing a stern look my way.

I poured refills of coffee for us adults, and asked the kids if they wanted more milk. They nodded. I poured the rest of my milk supply in their glasses and set the now empty container to the side.

"I refuse to divulge my secrets. No chef would willingly compromise his cooking secrets," I told her loftily.

I received a snort in response. I held my hand over my heart, pretending to be wounded. The kids giggled. I got up and started removing the plates, scrapping the remains on them into a can that I would dispose of, later. I placed the plates in the tub I was going to showily use as a washtub. Least it would explain to them how I would clean them. I then poured hot water over the stack of dishes and with a little detergent. They wanted to know what that was. I explained that I had found a product that cleaned very well, but that I had only a very limited supply. Dawn for dishes actually, with grease cutter added.

They left shortly afterwards. I put everything into the 'between', to clean at my future home at my leisure. After I had cleaned the residue of the meal, and my tent was restored to order, I sat and thought.

I had been lucky with saving the guy who had been stabbed. I also resented having to work on him. I decided I was going to have to talk with what passed for the council in this town, and inform them that while I was willing to help out with accident victims, I was not going to help anymore idiots who fought with knives, and stabbed each other. As far as I was concerned, they could kill each other, stab each other, maim each other to their hearts content, with the friends of the loser patching as best they could. I was not a real doctor, after all.

For the next few days, the sky threatened. It finally let go with a snowstorm that went on and on, seemingly never to end! It snowed for four days straight! I had never experienced anything like it in my life.

One pass was now permanently closed, and the other would have to have the trail broken to get through, but would still be navigable. Until it was, we were effectively cut off from the outside world, trapped in our little part of the world.

The day that the storm finally let up, I was actually pleased, as I am sure most others were. With the exception of going out to answer natures call, most people would have been indoors the entire time, and while I had this large tent to myself, others would not be so fortunate. I dressed as warmly as I could, and slogged my way through the deep snow to town. It was an effort to say the least.

People were already out and some paths were already cleared from doors to the closest running water, or where it could be had anyway. The bakery was doing business, as was the saloon, where a crowd was already gathering and drinking locally made beer and whiskey. The good stuff was still on hand, but was being doled out sparingly, or at least until the pass was reopened.

Although it was still overcast, the snow had stopped, and it was ten thirty AM. It looked almost like night outside, what with the heavy clouds blocking out the sun. Lamps were already lit, and people were complaining about the snow, the cold, and whatever else was on their minds.

I had received the round of "Hi, Doc," and "Hey, Doc, see you survived the storm!" greetings.

I waved and made my way to the bar and asked the if the owner was in back. I was waved on through and was soon in the office/saloon storage area. There were a couple people already gathered.

"Hey, Doc. We were just talking about getting a party together, to break a path to the top of the pass from our side. Most likely the railhead camp will already be working their way this way," Frank Towers said as I walked in.

"Well, don't look at me. I will not be blazing a trail through the snow. To damned cold and deep out there for my taste," I said, theatrically shuddering.

There were chuckles and they went back to discussing when to start breaking the trail. They decided to get supplies for the party ready today, and send them out tomorrow as long as the weather remained clear.

I told them I would throw in a sack of meal I had in my warehouse, as my contribution to the party effort. That was appreciated. This meant part of the food supply would be taken care of, anyway. I was informed it usually took anywhere from two to four days to break a trail through snow this deep. It was going to be tiring work, and the men would take it slowly. Everyone who went should be familiar with what the trail looked like in normal conditions, and landmarks should guide them most of the way to the summit.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.