Ellen
Chapter 39: Keeping it in the Family

Copyright© 2005 by Argon

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 39: Keeping it in the Family - This is set twenty years after the events of "In the Navy". The lives of Anthony Carter and his family are turned topsy-turvy by the arrival of Ellen, a young shepherdess. Follow the lives of the Carters and their friends and relatives during the late regency era and explore foreign countries and cultures with them. History is not necessarily dry! Winner of the 2021 Classic Clitoris Award.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Historical   Tear Jerker   First   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Petting  

The stay in the hunting lodge, delightful as it was, had come to an end and the Carters returned to Munich in early May. Here, Richard found a pile of documents that had been delivered by a special courier.

One envelope in particular caught his attention as it bore the seal of the Royal Household. It contained orders for a special mission. The Household and the Government were evaluating potential husbands for the Princess Victoria. One such prospect was Prince Franz August Carl Albert Emmanuel of Sachse-Coburg and Gotha, the second son of the Duke Ernest of Sachse-Coburg and Gotha.

The British government did not employ an envoy in Coburg. Therefore Richard was instructed to visit Coburg, which was neighbouring north-eastern Bavaria, and to report on the young prince. A smaller envelope from the King’s Private Secretary was included and addressed to Lady Lambert, in which she was asked to accompany her husband and to communicate her impression of the young man to King William.

The King was sceptical for two reasons. Firstly, the prince was Princess Victoria’s first cousin. The King maintained that such marriages were rarely ever lucky. Secondly, the House Sachse-Coburg and Gotha was rumoured to favour liberal ideas such as equal representation and in his old days King William had become a conservative.

Leaving the children in Neeta’s care and the household under James Palmer’s protection – Maddalena was due to deliver any day – Richard and Ellen, accompanied by Hogget and Sadie, left Munich by coach for the four day ride to Coburg.

It was an educating journey. They touched cities such as Ingolstadt, Nuremberg, and Bamberg before they reached Coburg. The city was dominated by the medieval castle, the Veste Coburg, once seat of the Dukes of Coburg. The Duke and his family now lived in a neat looking Renaissance palace in the city under the castle.

The whole principality looked prosperous and well ordered and the capital was no exception. Richard and Ellen found lodgings in a hotel across from the ducal palace. Once they had settled in they had a quiet dinner in the common room of the hotel and went to bed early.

The following morning, Richard sent a letter of introduction to the palace, announcing his presence and position. Within two hours they received a friendly invitation to tea by the Duke’s First Minister. Richard and Ellen made use of the free time by strolling through the city. They had lunch in the garden of a small pub and enjoyed the sunny weather.

His Excellency, the Baron Eilfeld, received them in the official part of the palace. Once Richard had explained the purpose of their visit, His Excellency became even more friendly and their tea lasted for over three hours. During this time Richard and Ellen were told about the numerous achievements of the two Princes. Both had already spent time at the Belgian court with their Uncle, King Leopold. Both spoke several languages, including English, and both attended the University of Bonn. Now, as Richard already knew, they were at home for the summer.

His Excellence also professed an interest to develop the ties between the Duchy of Coburg and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Coburg had a lively glass industry and his Excellency was eager to open the British market for their products. This set off a discussion about tariffs and trade routes, something in which his Excellency found Richard to be well versed.

In the end they received an invitation to dinner at His Excellency’s home on the next evening and they resigned themselves to the fact that the ducal household would respond to their visit in their own time.

Baron Eilfeld was joviality incarnate when they arrived at his mansion for dinner. A number of other local dignitaries were also present and the conversation around the dinner table was light and friendly. The gentlemen exchanged their views of the current political situation in several German principalities to which Richard listened politely.

Meanwhile, Ellen was interrogated by the ladies about the fashion trends in Munich and London and she sighed inwardly more than once. These women who lived in a small landlocked principality had less access to news from the rest of the world than the women she had met in Calcutta and Bombay.

Obviously they had both made a good impression on their hosts because Richard and Ellen received invitations to a private audience at the ducal court for the next morning.

To her surprise Ellen found that she was decidedly unexcited when they were ushered into the audience chamber. The frequent exposure to Royalty in Munich had made her quite blasé and she walked into the audience chamber at Richard’s side with all the indifference of a seasoned courtier.

The Duke was a tall man Ellen noted, with a wide face and sparse hair. His coat was excellently tailored but plain and he wore no outward signs of power. He rose from his seat to greet Ellen and Richard. He was friendly in his greeting without the excessive flattery Ellen had experienced at the court in Munich.

After the greeting they sat at a tea table. The Duke waited for the tea to be served before he addressed his visitors. He gave Richard a sardonic smile.

“I had expected one of the numerous courtiers to come and examine my son, not a bona fide diplomat, Baron.”

Richard shrugged.

“My grandmother and His Majesty have known each other for a long time, and His Majesty extends his trust to my wife and me.”

The Duke acknowledged Ellen’s presence.

“It gives me great pleasure to finally meet the famous Lady Lambert.”

Ellen could not help but give a short laugh.

“I beg your pardon, Highness, but I do not know for what I would be famous.”

“Oh, but you have enchanted the Royal court in Munich. There is talk of your beauty all over Southern Germany.”

Ellen nodded with a smile.

“I hope the reality is not too disappointing?”

“On the contrary, Madame! Words can only fail to do justice to your beauty. I hear that you are well acquainted with my niece, the Princess Victoria?”

“I had the honour to receive her visits on several occasions last year,” Ellen answered with the right measure of modesty.

“She described you in her letters to her grandmother. His Majesty chose wisely when he selected you to introduce her to social life. She also mentioned your mother and her tireless work for charitable causes.”

“That is exceedingly kind of the Princess,” Ellen smiled.

A lackey appeared and bowed.

“The Prince Albert Emmanuel, Your Highness!”

The tall and gangly youth who entered the audience chamber bore a striking resemblance to his father. Richard and Ellen rose.

“Albert, my son, please meet the British Envoy in Munich, Lord Richard Lambert and his wife.”

The boy, just fifteen years of age, nevertheless greeted them in perfectly courteous form, acknowledging Richard by bowing his head and kissing Ellen’s hand. He lost some countenance when Ellen greeted him with her dazzling smile; in fact he blushed furiously. He recovered quickly though and sat at the table with his father.

Once the Prince sat, Richard helped Ellen to her chair before he sat down himself.

“I have read about you in the letters from my cousin,” the Prince offered. “Although I have to admit that I expected an older person. I also enjoyed your book about your travels in Egypt which my cousin was friendly enough to send me, Madame.”

Only fifteen and a seasoned flatterer, Ellen thought.

“I had help writing it. It was my friend, Colleen MacAllister, who is entitled to any praise.”

“It must be a wonderful experience to travel to lands as foreign as India and Arabia.”

“It is a mixed experience, your Highness,” Richard cut in. “In India, immeasurable wealth and abject poverty can be found side by side. In Arabia too one sees the glorious past and the depths of human misery.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.