William Redman Carter - Cover

William Redman Carter

Copyright© 2005 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 35

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 35 - William Redman Carter is the son of John Carter and Linda Carter. Within his blood lies a heritage of the true people and the white man. He is blessed by the Gods and Goddesses, as well as the Great Spirit. Yet, he is still a man with all of the needs and desires of a young man.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction  

"Congratulations, Dr. Carter," Oliver Brown said with a grin. He was seated in a large chair in one of the emptier rooms of the mansion sipping on an iced tea. He was wearing a pair of silvered sunglasses. Despite years of living with his gift, it still hurt him to be around too many people.

William took a seat across from the Grand Druid and said, "Thank you. What are you doing in here?"

"I'm hiding from the President of the University. He wants me to send some of our graduating students here," Oliver answered with a shake of his head. He had talked to Kotyit and found that the man had a similar experience with the President. It was hard to blame him. Every University administrator wanted to attract the best and brightest students they could.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" William asked.

"No need. He was just doing his job as he saw it," Oliver said with a tired wave of his hand. The thought of attracting good students made him think of some students who had recently applied to the Druid College. He said, "I heard that you ran off to Texas to work on your Dissertation."

"Yes. I went to my father's hometown," William replied.

Oliver sat up a little and said, "That's real interesting. So I guess we have you to thank for two students who applied to the Druid College."

"Two? I figured one," William said.

"Which one? Mark Thomson or Wanda Torrence?"

"Mark," William answered, "I've never met Wanda."

"It appears that her friend suggested that she apply," Oliver said. He reached into his pocket and withdrew a small notepad. He looked it over for a moment and realized he couldn't make out the last name. Giving up, he said, "Yes, a fellow by the name of Joe."

"Ah, I know Joe," William said with a nod of his head. "So what about them?"

"Nothing. I just thought it was a little odd that two people applied all of a sudden from your father's hometown," Oliver answered. "It is an interesting co-incidence that you happened to have just visited there not that long ago."

"A young woman there was given a wonderful opportunity by the Rangers, too."

"That is interesting. Is it something in the water?"

"It is nothing that exotic. I was there and talked to people. Some of them discovered talents that they didn't know they had," William said in a matter of fact voice that was neither boastful nor modest, but more like the tone one would use to say that they had rinsed out a glass.

"So how do you feel now that you've finished your education?"

Laughing at the question, William answered, "The only education that I finished was the formal one. I'll be learning new things for the rest of my life."

"Good answer. I'll have to remember it and use it in a graduation speech," Oliver said with a smile.

"That's odd. If I recall correctly, that's where I heard it."

"Have you had a chance to talk with your grandfather yet?"

"We chatted a little this morning. I expect we'll spend some time out on the patio this evening," William answered. He was pleased when the Reverend Jones was able to slip away from school to attend his graduation. The thought of his grandfather teaching at the Druid College reminded him of another topic. William was quiet for a moment and then asked, "How is Oscar Meyers?"

Puzzled, Oliver sat up and studied William for a moment. Curious, he said, "You seem to take a lot of interest in Oscar. Why?"

"I don't know. It seems to me that our futures are entwined somehow, but the connections are very nebulous. I don't understand it," William answered. Every time the subject of Oscar Meyers came up there was some sort of uneasy feeling that came over him.

"Are you going to be involved in bringing peace to the world?" The idea that William and Oscar were somehow linked was intriguing. He wanted to see the two of them together and see what his gift would show him.

"I don't think so. I know that we are both going to serve the Two- Sided One, but we are both waiting for that to happen. It just seems weird to me that we are both waiting around for our service to begin," William said.

The Grand Druid studied William for a moment and then asked, "Did you know that the average age at which a Druid begins their service is thirty two?"

"No."

"You aren't even eighteen. Don't rush into your service."

Their discussion was interrupted by a shout from the entrance to the mansion, "The weird man in a green dress has arrived. Let the party begin!" The announcement was followed by lots of laughter from the other room.

"Happy Harry is here," William said with a grin.

"Someone is going to have to teach that man the meaning of the word shy."

Laughing at the idea of trying to teach Harry how to be shy, William said, "I once told him that I had seen the center of the universe. I asked him if he knew what I found there. He answered, 'Of course. You found me looking back at you.' I don't know if he was joking."

"Sounds like Harry," Oliver said with a smile.

"Let me go out there and protect all of the women from his charms," William said with a wink.

"You just keep attempting the impossible. I expect that one of these days you just might succeed," Oliver said. He laughed at the look on the young man's face.

William stepped into the room where Harry was standing with his arm around the wife of the President of the University. The normally conservative woman was giggling like a school girl. William had to wonder what he was saying to the woman. He was heading over to the pair when he heard a familiar voice in his mind. "He's not going to live forever. You need to start preparing for the day when he returns to us."

William faltered and came to a stop. He thought, 'It can't be.'

"That is the nature of life, my little one."

"When?"

"You will know when the time is to come," the voice said. As quick as it had come, the feeling of the other world presence was gone. The feeling was replaced by an ache in the pit of his stomach.

Happy Harry shook William's arm. With a look of concern, he asked, "Are you all right, William?"

Shaking his head, William said, "The Two-Sided One was here."

Seeing the expression on William's face, Harry had an idea about the subject of discussion. He said, "He said something about me."

"Yes," William said without thinking, "he said that you won't live forever."

Harry was about to make a glib comment and then realized the seriousness of an exchange between William and the Two Sided One. He asked, "Did he say when I'm to die?"

"No. Just that I would know when the time was to come," William answered still shaken by the conversation.

"Ah," Harry said. His mind was working a thousand miles an hour trying to figure out what it meant. Finally, he said, "William, I want you to promise me that you'll let me know when my time has come."

"I can't do that, Harry," William said with a frown. "I can't tell you that in so many hours you are going to die. I don't want to be the messenger who brings such horrible news."

"It isn't horrible news. It's a chance for me to let the special people in my life know that I care about them for the last time," Harry said. For the first time in years, emotions threatened to keep him from talking. Harry licked his lips and finally managed to say, "I'm a rolling stone. I never take a moment just to sit down and put things in order. I need that chance. You have to give it to me. Promise me that you'll tell me."

William felt that nothing good could come out of such a promise, but his feelings were not based on his ability to see the future. Shaking his head, he said, "Harry..."

Harry said, "William. I want you to swear on your future service to the Two-Sided One that when you learn that I'm to die that you'll tell me."

Ears ringing, William felt dizzy. He knew that the Two-Sided One had chosen that moment to tell him for some reason. Was the reason so that Harry could extract that promise from him? He didn't know. Looking up at Harry, William said, "I so swear."

The relief that washed over Harry was visible. In a soft voice, the old man said, "Thank you William."

"I don't know if you'll thank me when I come to you one day in the future and say that tomorrow you die," William said with a heavy heart.

Patting William on the shoulder, Harry said, "William, you are the son I've never had. Do not worry about my reaction. I'll thank you on that day."

William continued to frown. He said, "Okay, Harry."

Happy Harry decided to change the subject. "So, what I understand about your dissertation is that if enough people understand something, someone is going to try to profit from it. Did I get it right?"

William laughed at the simplification of his research result and said, "You know. If I had talked to you a couple of years ago, it wouldn't have been necessary for me to do all that work."

"Aw."

Laughing, William pointed at Jennifer talking to her mother. He asked, "Do you see that young lady?"

"Yes, I do," Harry answered. Adopting a lecherous expression, he added, "She's a little young for me."

Pointing to the son of the President of the University, he asked, "Do you see that young man?"

"Ah, he looks at the young lady with desire. A great desire if I'm not mistaken," Harry answered with a grin.

"Yes, I would say so too," William said with a playful expression on his face.

"What do you think we should do about that?" Harry asked with a twinkle in his eye.

"I don't know. Maybe some weird guy in a dress could introduce them to each other," William suggested with a knowing wink.

Harry strode over to where Jennifer stood and picked her up. She screamed in shock at the unexpected treatment. Before she knew it, Harry was walking across the room carrying her in his arms. She kicked her legs and tried to get away. Happy Harry stopped in front of the young man and, in a voice that carried through the whole room, said, "What was that you said young man? I'm to unhand her before you thrash me to within an inch of my life. Ah, I am terrified!"

The young man stared at Harry in shock. He had said no such thing. Harry set a squealing Jennifer down and stepped back. As theatrical as he could, he said, "Ah, young lady. This young man has threatened me with great harm if I continue off with you. Reward him with a kiss for having saved your virtue."

Harry pushed the two together so that they found themselves with their arms around each other. He turned to face the room with the back of his hand to his forehead and announced to the room, "The dashing hero has saved the fair maiden. True love wins the day. Let us all give them privacy so that the maiden can express her thanks without an audience."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.