A Golfer's Dream: Book III - The Real Education Begins - Cover

A Golfer's Dream: Book III - The Real Education Begins

Copyright© 2005 by TheCaddy

Chapter 8: A Tough Decision - New Highs - New Lows

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 8: A Tough Decision - New Highs - New Lows - Dave MacDonald has developed into a world-class golfer. Through a variety of sex and love experiences, he has developed into a confident young man. He is ready to begin his freshman year at a US university but is he really ready to move away from home, his familiar surroundings, his family, and most of his close friends? How well will he do with balancing his golf, his studies, and potential new friends?

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Group Sex   Oral Sex   Cream Pie   Voyeurism   Slow  

Dave had a very difficult decision to make and he thought about it all evening. He had promised Doug Ross that he would participate in the Open and keeping that promise weighed heavy on his mind. He finally decided to call his father for advice. He phoned home and his mother answered. They talked about his first two days of classes then about his team. Dave eventually asked to speak to his father.

Roger asked questions similar to those Dave had just answered for his mother. Dave had been chatting to his father for at least ten minutes before he finally broached the key issue and asked, "Dad, I need your advice. You know I qualified for the Canadian Open. On Monday, Coach Dawes gave me permission to go; so I called Doug Ross this week and accepted. He called back yesterday and asked for my assurance that I was going because he had some important sponsors who wanted to play in the pro-am with me. I gave him that assurance; but today Coach Dawes said our schedule has changed and we are now playing our first tournament the same weekend as the Open. I'm really torn because I want to play the Open but I feel a commitment to the team. What should I do?"

Roger listened intently and after a brief pause he asked, "Did Coach Dawes talk to you about the schedule change?"

Dave replied, "Yes, he told me he realized there was a conflict and he said I could chose where I wanted to play - but he hoped I would play with the team."

Roger sighed, "I see. He hasn't forbidden you from going but he wants you to play with the team." Roger made a few "hmm" sounds before he continued, "Dave, I can't tell you what to do. You made a promise to Doug Ross but I am sure he would understand if you told him your college golf schedule changed. You also have a commitment to a college which is paying your tuition and residence fees. It is a very difficult decision. My only advice is: think it through thoroughly and then be prepared to deal with the consequences of whichever decision you make."

Dave had been hoping for more but his father left the decision to him. He thanked his father before he said his goodbyes.

Dave thought a lot about what to do and his final decision was based on his previous year's experience. He remembered that Coach Vigneault was not happy when he left the hockey team to play golf but Dave made it up by playing his heart out and having a very good year with the Missiles. He decided he would go to the Open but he would promise Coach Dawes that he would not play any other PGA tournaments and that he would work extra hard when he returned.

Dave had Coach Dawes' home number so he called him to say he decided to keep his commitment to play the Canadian Open. Coach Dawes did not sound very happy with Dave's decision but Dave assured him he would make it up to him and the team when he returned. Dave hung up the phone, nervous about the coach's reaction, but he was happy that he was going to the Open. He really wanted to prove to himself that he could compete.

On Saturday, Dave practiced with the team. Word had quickly spread that he had chose the Canadian Open over the team event. Keith gave Dave some nasty looks but he didn't actually say anything. At supper that night, Darcy was very quiet and Dave suspected that Keith was giving him a hard time because of their friendship. Alec however was his same old self and after Darcy left early, Dave asked Alec, "Did I make a mistake choosing the Open over the college tournament?"

Alec replied, "Keith's been looking for a reason to oppose you since you signed your letter of intent last year. He played in the shadow of Jerry Dawes last year and he is frightened you will overshadow him this year. Fuck him! Coach Dawes didn't come out and say you had to play, so it was your decision. We'll survive one tournament without you."

Dave sighed in relief, "Thanks, Alec. I really needed to hear that."

Dave and Alec talked for another half hour before Dave said, "I have to hit the books. I need to get ahead on my classes." Alec said he would see him in the morning.

Dave studied hard all evening. He had reviewed what little had been covered in his first classes and started on what was to be covered in his next classes. He eventually crawled into bed and went to sleep. He tossed and turned, thinking about the team's reaction but he eventually fell asleep.

He woke early to find Darcy waiting for him. They ate some cereal before going to the golf center. Alec arrived shortly after and they hit balls for two hours before the team started to show up. Dave helped Darcy a little but Alec didn't need any help with his technique. The team practiced together for two more hours before they went to Tanglewood for a round of golf. Dave was paired up with Carl and Tony and one of the other sophomores on the team, Rob.

Dave played really well and shot sixty-five - he was focused because he thought he had something to prove. While they played, Coach Dawes and Coach Toombs walked with them and talked about their games and their approaches to various situations. Dave immediately noticed that Coach Dawes was staying clear of him and that Coach Toombs seemed to be the only one making comments to Dave. When they all finished, Coach Dawes called them into a conference room in the clubhouse and reviewed their play. He talked about situations and how he recommended players deal with each situation. He read out all the scores from highest to lowest. Dave was the lowest by three strokes with Keith second at sixty-eight. Coach Dawes finished by saying they had a good opening week of training but a lot of work still needed to be done. He then sent them on their way.

Dave was driving back to campus with Alec and Darcy. As they were walking out of the conference room Darcy said, "Great round, Dave."

Keith was just behind Darcy and he remarked, "Tournament play is much different than casual rounds at Tanglewood. Just ask Alec. But then again Dave won't know that because he's not going to our first event, is he?"

Both Dave and Alec gave Keith a dirty look but they kept going rather than cause a scene.

Dave studied hard all evening. He woke early the next morning and after he practiced with Alec and Darcy, he went to class. His classes went well as he had read the material being covered the night before and that really seemed to help. He practiced with the team and Keith continued to be sarcastic towards Dave. After practice Dave went back to his room and studied hard all evening.

That routine continued right through Thursday. Dave worked hard on his studies and he was confident he had a good start in each course. Friday and Saturday were filled with more practice and study. Dave practiced with the team on Sunday morning but just before lunch, instead of going to Tanglewood, he took a taxi to the airport in Greensboro.

The flight to Toronto passed quickly and Dave arrived late in the afternoon. When he walked out the front door there was a man holding a sign with his name, so Dave introduced himself. The driver took Dave's bags and put them in the back of the long black limo. The drive to the hotel was shorter than the previous year because they were playing at Glen Abbey this year and it was only half as far as Hamilton. The driver helped Dave with his bags while Dave went to the front desk. He received a swipe card for his room and was told his parents had already checked in. Dave asked what room they were in and the front desk clerk looked at him strangely and replied, "They are in the same suite as you, sir."

Dave nodded, surprised that he was in a suite; he then followed the bellhop who had taken his bags from the chauffeur. Dave's suite was on the top floor and, when he walked into his room, his mouth dropped open in surprise. The suite was huge with a large living area. There were two doors that Dave assumed were bedrooms. The room reminded Dave of the suite he stayed in with Roxanne and Sarah while they were in France. His reverie was broken as his parents stood up from the couch, walked to him then hugged him lovingly. He asked, "Like the room?"

His mother gushed, "It's spectacular. The RCGA are really showing you how to live."

Dave simply nodded before he asked, "Have you eaten?"

His mother said they had been waiting for him, so they went down to the restaurant. Dave couldn't believe the high prices and he was happy that the RCGA was paying for it. After supper they went back to the room and talked about his first two weeks of college. He explained that he had made a really good friend named Alec. He said a few of his teammates were giving him a hard time about the Open but he could deal with it. His mother surprised him when she produced a patch of a Canada flag. She offered to sew it on his new Wake Forest golf bag and he gladly accepted. He felt proud to have the flag on his golf bag. They talked until ten o'clock when Dave said, "I'm going to bed." He walked into the room where the bellboy had left his bags and went to bed.

Dave slept well and was awake early. He ate breakfast before he called the front desk for a cab to take him to the golf course. He was surprised when the hotel had another limo drive him but he didn't complain. He practiced all morning and was just sitting down for lunch when his father arrived. They ate together before Dave went to the registration tent. An RCGA official, whom Dave didn't recognize, immediately shook Dave's hand and gave him a schedule for the week. The official knew Dave immediately and told him that Doug Ross was in the clubhouse where Dave should go to find him. Dave thanked him and left.

Dave found Doug and he took Dave to met his pro-am team for the day. Dave's team was with Molson Canada who owns the Canadian rights to Coors Light, a major sponsor for the tournament. The Coors Light team was made up of three men slightly younger than Dave's father. The man who seemed to be in charge of the team was Jamie Lawless. He shook Dave's hand before he introduced the other two players John Lawless, Jamie's brother, and Harold McClutchen. Dave talked with them for a few minutes before they all went to the practice putting green. Dave found out that Jamie and John grew up in Nova Scotia but had actually been born on QAI. They had been very anxious to play with Dave.

Dave and the team teed off on the first hole at one o'clock. Dave was surprised how tough Glen Abbey was and he and his Dad spent a lot of time taking notes. Dave had some really good holes and some bad ones but overall he shot one over par, seventy-two. He had one eagle and four birdies but two double bogeys and three bogeys had pushed his score up. Jamie and his team really enjoyed the day with Dave and they played well, shooting a team score of fifty-eight. They were really impressed with how long Dave hit the ball but especially how consistent he was. Dave was surprised how well the three men played, considering they drank a lot of beer. Dave laughed as he thought it fitting that the Coors Light team was three beer-guzzling golfers.

During the awards ceremony, the team was awarded the second place and each of the three players got very nice prizes although Dave had to turn his prize down due to eligibility concerns. Dave later found out that the prize a pro would have gotten for a second place finish was twenty-five thousand dollars. Dave thanked Jamie, John, and Harold for the round and they wished him luck in the Open.

Dave and Roger went back to the hotel and relaxed. Dave spent several hours on his studies before he went to sleep.

The practice round went well the next day and Dave was happy with his score of seventy. He again spent the evening studying.

For the second pro-am, Dave was teamed with three executives from Bell Canada, the title sponsor. They too had been anxious to play with what they called Canada's up-and-coming superstar of golf. Dave thanked them for the comment and said he hoped he wouldn't disappoint them. He played well again and the executives were very impressed. They weren't nearly as strong golfers as the Coors team but they enjoyed the day just the same.

They wished Dave luck and thanked him for a wonderful day before Dave and his father returned to the hotel. Dave studied for a couple hours then went to bed. His tee-time the next day was at nine o'clock, so he and his father were leaving for the course early. His mother was pretty well shopped-out after three straight days and she was anxious to watch Dave play; she was going to go to the course later in the morning.

Dave tossed and turned thinking about his first round but he eventually dozed off. He woke early the next day and after a big breakfast he and his father went to Glen Abbey. It was a windy day and Dave hit balls for an hour before putting for thirty minutes. When he heard his name called to the tenth tee, he thought he was ready. He met Phil Mickelson and Billy Mayfair on the tee. He shook their hands and wished them luck.

Phil and Billy both hit solid drives before Dave was called to the tee. Dave was still feeling nervous and he pushed his drive right, into the rough. Luckily not far enough right to hit any spectators but Dave did notice that the crowds were very large following his group. He thought the nerves would leave but as he stood over his second shot he was still very shaky. He missed the green right but made a good up-and-down to save par. He followed Billy and Phil to number eleven which was the first of the "Valley Holes". It was ranked the second hardest hole on the course and Dave missed his drive right again and made a bogey.

Dave's nervousness continued for the entire back nine but he managed to scramble and remain at one-over par. He seemed to finally settle down on the front and shot a two-under par for an overall one-under par seventy. Dave was very satisfied with his score and, after signing his card, he was invited to the media tent - he was familiar with the process from the previous year. He followed the RCGA official while his father followed him. When asked how he felt about his round, he explained that he had trouble getting over his nervousness but that he thought he played much better on the front. A reporter asked if he felt more pressure this year. Dave answered that the previous year he was just happy to be at the Canadian Open and didn't really expect much but this year he had put a little more pressure on himself.

Dave answered a lot of questions before one reporter asked how his college golf was going. He explained that he had only spent two and half weeks at Wake Forest but it was going really well. He lied a little and said that he liked his team and hoped it would be a very successful year.

Eventually the questions ended and Dave went back to the hotel with his parents. They went out for an early supper before Dave spent the evening studying - he had a whole week of work to cover and he wanted to make sure he didn't fall behind. He also found the studying a good distraction.

The next day he didn't tee-off until noon so he slept a little later before going to breakfast with his parents. His mother said how much she enjoyed following him the previous day and he nodded, but the truth was he had been so focused that he hardly noticed her. He knew she would understand. She again stayed at the hotel while Dave and Roger went to the course early.

When Dave was called to the tee, he was ready. He hit first and he drove a huge drive down the first hole. His nervousness evaporated quickly and he shot a great round of sixty-six. He looked at the leader board several times during the day and he noticed that Mike Weir was leading most of the time but Dave was only a few strokes behind. His six-under for the first two rounds was three strokes behind Weir's leading nine-under par. Vijay Singh was one stroke behind Weir while Dave was in a group of players two and three strokes behind.

The Canadian reporters were excited to see two Canadians in the top ten. Dave was asked about his nervousness and he explained that he felt more comfortable earlier in his round and was really pleased how well he played. One reporter asked how it felt playing with Michelson, the Master's champion and how a seventeen-year-old felt beating the Master's champion. Dave replied that Michelson was a fantastic player and a real gentleman. He further explained that Mickelson teased him about Arizona, his former college, beating Wake Forest. Dave then said the tournament was four rounds long, anything could happen, but that he was ecstatic with his great start and he hoped he could make Canada and QAI proud.

After the interview finished, the final groups had completed play and Dave was very surprised to see he was going to be playing with Jay Dawes, his golf coach's brother. Their tee time was one-ten.

It was late in the evening so he and his parents went out to a restaurant for supper before they returned to their room. Dave received several requests for autographs at the restaurant and he happily obliged. He studied for a couple of hours before going to bed. He tossed and turned thinking about his position in the tournament.

He woke late again on Saturday and went to breakfast with his parents. He was scheduled to tee off three groups ahead of Mike Weir who was in the final group for the day - he didn't have to rush to the course. He and his dad went to the course around ten o'clock and practiced for a couple hours before going into the clubhouse to eat. In the restaurant, Jay Dawes introduced himself then asked Dave if he could join him and his father. Dave looked at his father then nodded. Jay sat down and they had an enjoyable lunch. Jay talked about Wake Forest but he never brought up Dave leaving for this tournament. Dave wondered if Jay knew about the tournament he was missing.

After lunch Dave and Jay went to the practice green and putted until they were called to the first tee. Jay had honors so he hit first. He hit a solid drive down the middle. Dave then stood up and boomed a long drive down the right side. Jay smiled and said, "Great drive, Dave. Let's chase those guys off the top of the leader board." Dave nodded and followed Jay down the fairway.

Dave played another solid, consistent round. He shot two under sixty-nine and he knew from watching the leader board that he was sitting in second place behind Mike Weir. Jay Dawes shot even par and was sitting in eighth place. After signing their cards, Jay said, "Dave, you are a helluva golfer. I'm going to call my little brother and tell him to be good to you. You have a very bright future, Dave. Good luck tomorrow."

Dave was relieved by what Jay said and he quickly replied, "Thanks, Jay. Good luck, yourself."

As Dave walked out of the scorer's tent, an RCGA official was waiting for him, so Dave followed him to the media tent. The interview lasted almost half an hour as every reporter wanted a detailed account of his round. When the interview was finally called to an end, Dave was relieved. He thought, "I know I'm only seventeen. I know someone as young as me should not be beating golfers like Phil Mickelson and Vijay Singh. I know I'm still just a freshman in college. I know they think I'm a phenomenon. But the truth is I just love to play - and I had a good day." The interviews were getting very repetitive and Dave now understood why star athletes get easily tired of the same questions, over and over again.

Dave walked from the media tent to the clubhouse and reviewed the draw. He was in the final group with Mike Weir. Mike was ten under par, Dave was eight under par, and Vijay Singh was seven under par. Behind Vijay was a host of six and five under pars. Dave confirmed his one-forty tee time before he left.

Dave was quiet during the drive back to the hotel. His mother asked if he was all right and he simply said, "I'm getting tired of the same questions." She knowingly understood. When they reached the hotel, they decided to order room service so Dave could get a break from the publicity. After they ate a relaxing meal his father said, "Dave, you have received a lot of publicity over last year or so, but if you continue to play incredible golf like you are now - the publicity will only get much worse. Right now you are very well known on QAI but that is much different than being well known in Canada and again that's different than being well known in the US. You will have to learn to adjust to a lack of privacy and be more careful what you say and who you say it to."

Dave nodded as he understood what his father was saying and he was slowly realizing how much work there was to good public relations. Dave got his books out and studied for a couple hours before he went to bed. As he lay in bed, he thought about Jay and he hoped his troubles at school would disappear. He then thought about the reporters and he thought how he would have to adjust to the new life that was quickly developing around him. He eventually fell asleep.

His routine on Sunday was the same as Saturday and he was soon at the golf course hitting balls. His swing felt good and he was confident he would have a good day. He and his father went to the restaurant for lunch and even though Dave was nervous, he ate a good meal. He went to the putting green after eating and he had just started putting when Jay was called to the tee. Jay walked past Dave and whispered, "Go Demon Deacons!"

Dave smiled and repeated, "Go Demon Deacons!"

Mike Weir was on the putting green and for the first time all week they had a chance to talk. He strolled over to Dave and said, "I see you got over that nervousness from last year. It's great to be playing with you today, Dave."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.